ONE YEAR FROM TODAY - I'm Getting Married

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the congratulations guys. For those with concerns, believe me, I've been over them all in my head and with my friends. Everyone I know agrees that this is a good move. I know what I'm doing, and I know what's at stake.

Originally posted by Ricky
Congrats Gio. I hope you don't make your exit from the board to soon. Your wit would be greatly missed.
I don't really have any plans to leave. It's not like I really get involved in too many of the "discussions" about women on this board lately anyway, for reasons that would become evident if you read any of the threads that I DO end up posting on. (HINT: When I was single and unable to find a girl who was right for me, I was 'very knowledgeable' and 'knew my stuff'. But as soon as I found the girl who I believe is right for me and have what I consider to be the ultimate success, I'm suddenly seen as a simpering AFC pansy. Go figure.)

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Thanks for all the congratulations guys. For those with concerns, believe me, I've been over them all in my head and with my friends. Everyone I know agrees that this is a good move. I know what I'm doing, and I know what's at stake.

I don't really have any plans to leave. It's not like I really get involved in too many of the "discussions" about women on this board lately anyway, for reasons that would become evident if you read any of the threads that I DO end up posting on. (HINT: When I was single and unable to find a girl who was right for me, I was 'very knowledgeable' and 'knew my stuff'. But as soon as I found the girl who I believe is right for me and have what I consider to be the ultimate success, I'm suddenly seen as a simpering AFC pansy. Go figure.)
Gio, I think you have good input..especially for those people who are currently IN, or pursuing LTR's

Everyone is different in terms of measuring success, but i definitely think you would have an impact..seeing as you're married and all ;)

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gio,

I'm shocked and quite frankly I was only kidding when I asked when you were going to get married because Bungo's beating you to it.

Honestly dude, I think you're making a big mistake, with all due respect to your decision making capabilities, I think you need to step back and take a little breather before sealing the deal.

Aren't you a little concerned that perhaps she is marrying you because she has a kid and her marketability is close to zero given that she is so young with a kid? When a girl has a kid out of wedlock, she is clearly damaged goods. Sorry dude, but that's the way it is. When she'll be in her thirties and forties, then its ok because most guys in that age range will have kids too, but at 23, not many guys in her age range will want to take a chick who got knocked up by some other dude. What kind of guy needs to invest in damaged goods unless he's a little damaged himself to begin with?

She will not be able to place you as her #1 priority and she is obviously looking at you as a potential provider and breadwinner to support herself and the kid. What would happen if your future wife were to die prematurely? That kid would go back to its father and you'd be left with a double wammy broken heart. Will you adopt this child? Is that possible given that the Dad is still in the picture?

Also, didn't you run around deleting all your old posts here out of fear that your girlfriend will log on and read what you wrote? This doesn't seem too healthy. This place should have been "sacred" to you, like a diary or journal. You should be able to have a journal and write your deepest most intimate thoughts in it and you should not have to hide it from your potential wife. She should give you that privacy and respect it. Similarly, if your potential wife finds out that you post in an anonymous forum about your goals for a relationship and your painful past breakups, she should not violate your space and force you to have to delete all your posts. She should have respected your privacy and trusted that you are 100% honest with her and not feel the need to intrude on your space here.

Will you even be finished University in one year and earning enough cash to support yourself, her, and the kid? Why the rush? If you are both so young, why not wait a few years and get hitched later?

Dude, I wish you good luck, but you should at least consider everything I've written above and if you are cool with that, then all the best to you.

Cesare Cardinali

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cesare Cardinali
Honestly dude, I think you're making a big mistake, with all due respect to your decision making capabilities, I think you need to step back and take a little breather before sealing the deal.

I already did. I made this decision a while ago; I've already proposed, we've announced to our family and friends, and we've set a date. Anyone who knows me very well at all realizes that this isn't something that I'm just jumping into, and my closest friends and family all approve. I expect a certain amount of Oh-no-don't-get-married! horror from this board, because I honestly thing that most guys would rather have their balls sheared off with rusty wire cutters than even entertain the thought of marriage.

Aren't you a little concerned that perhaps she is marrying you because she has a kid and her marketability is close to zero given that she is so young with a kid? When a girl has a kid out of wedlock, she is clearly damaged goods. Sorry dude, but that's the way it is. When she'll be in her thirties and forties, then its ok because most guys in that age range will have kids too, but at 23, not many guys in her age range will want to take a chick who got knocked up by some other dude. What kind of guy needs to invest in damaged goods unless he's a little damaged himself to begin with?

If her "marketability" was as close to zero as you imply, I wouldn't even be with her.

She will not be able to place you as her #1 priority

A quick word about that: I'm not so insecure that I have to be her number one top priority. I know that I'm extremely important to her, but one of the things that I like about her is that she is an excellent mother. As such, her child is her number one priority, as it would be if we ever had a kid. I have no illusions about that; in fact, it's one of the many things I like about her.

and she is obviously looking at you as a potential provider and breadwinner to support herself and the kid.

No more so than any other woman does. Just because a woman doesn't have a kid doesn't mean that she isn't looking for a provider and breadwinner to support herself any any offspring, present or future.

What would happen if your future wife were to die prematurely? That kid would go back to its father and you'd be left with a double wammy broken heart. Will you adopt this child? Is that possible given that the Dad is still in the picture?

"What ifs" are always fun. "What if" you get married and have a kid, and your wife is driving your kid to preschool and they get hit by a garbage truck and both of them die? You'd be left with a double-whammy broken heart. "What if" an asteroid smashed into your house while you were at work and wiped out your family? "What if" there was an outbreak of a deadly strain of ebola? "What if" there was a nuclear war and everyone in your family died except you? "What if" a flesh-eating alien came screaming out of my chest? There are always "what-ifs", and unless you completely isolate yourself from society, there are always risks of painful heartbreaks. I tend to believe that running from them is more risky than taking the chance.

The situation with the "father" is kind of complicated. He's around, but he's not "around". Fearing that he would get "screwed" with child support, he had his parents hire an attorney for him. We ended up with a judge who has a reputation for being one of the worst family court judges in our state, if not the country. The "father's" goal was to get a certain amount of custody so that he wouldn't have to pay much child support -- but not so much that he would actually get stuck with the kid for any major length of time. He admitted to frequent and persistant drug use, an angry and violent temper, gross negligence when he was around in the first three months after she was born (he would leave her on the living room floor with a bottle propped up in her mouth while he went in the other room and passed out). The judge granted 50/50 custody. So the kid is with us five days, with him two days, with us two days, with him five days, etc. The times that she is supposed to be with him, his parents pick her up and she stays with them (he lives with his parents, but apparently is almost never home). For that, he managed $1.50 a week in child support. Basically, if anything happened, he wouldn't want her, and it would be a fight among the grandparents.

Also, didn't you run around deleting all your old posts here out of fear that your girlfriend will log on and read what you wrote? This doesn't seem too healthy. This place should have been "sacred" to you, like a diary or journal. You should be able to have a journal and write your deepest most intimate thoughts in it and you should not have to hide it from your potential wife. She should give you that privacy and respect it. Similarly, if your potential wife finds out that you post in an anonymous forum about your goals for a relationship and your painful past breakups, she should not violate your space and force you to have to delete all your posts. She should have respected your privacy and trusted that you are 100% honest with her and not feel the need to intrude on your space here.

Okay, first of all, this is an internet discussion board. There is no privacy here. Second of all, I didn't delete "all" my old posts here, I deleted four. All of them were about her and how we started, and were things I didn't want her to know about how I felt about her (my advantage would be gone if she knew how I felt about her at that time).

Will you even be finished University in one year and earning enough cash to support yourself, her, and the kid? Why the rush? If you are both so young, why not wait a few years and get hitched later?

No, I still have a few more years before I graduate with my final degree. However, I already am making enough money to support us all, modestly anyway. This leaves out an important point, though: she works and makes money also. While there is no "rush", as you characterize it, there are a few good reasons to marry now. Aside from the obvious reason, there are also financial advantages, insurance advantages, and compliance with her college's policies (you are required to either live on campus, with your parents, or be married). There are also other, personal, reasons that I'd rather not discuss right now.

Dude, I wish you good luck, but you should at least consider everything I've written above and if you are cool with that, then all the best to you.

I already did; quite some time ago.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gio, i wanna see what you and this perfect lady of yours look like.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
I expect a certain amount of Oh-no-don't-get-married! horror from this board, because I honestly think that most guys would rather have their balls sheared off with rusty wire cutters than even entertain the thought of marriage.
I'll admit the idea of marriage DOES scare me, but not like THAT. :D

BGMan

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
Gio

Brother i hope it goes well for you.. I have to say i met a girl like that once and i felt the same after a year but i reached the conclusion a year is not enough time to make such a decision a..atleast for me....My girl changed with time and this happens to many.....maybe you will be luckier and i hope you are because you seem happy...nevertheless Good luck and it is a very good idea that you are waiting a year before ..... IF she stops treating you like you diserve , dont be afraid to brake off the engagement because i broke mine off and i dont regret it......The best of lucks

Tiburon

p.s its GIACOMO that was Casanovas real name

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
didnt know she had kids

HONESTLY BROTHER I THINK YOU ARE GETTING YOURSELF IN REALLY DEEP ShYT>>>A WOMEN WITH KIDS FROM ANOTHER MAN IS ALL TROUBLE (( 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME)).

I tried wishing you luck, but why do you have to marry her....if she is so good of a person just be with her for the rest of your life in a LTD. The marriage thing is scarry ...my dad married a women with kids and he regrets it every day as he is sufers a miserable life..if you want to talk about this send me an email...i have seen this type of ****.....dont throw away your ife

Ok so you marry her:

You have to deal with kids who are not yours..you might be an excellent person and love kids and take that burden...but that will put you in the MR NICE CATEGORY.....to begin the marriage ..but i assume yopu already are there because you been with her for a year...only a nice guy..would take such a burden...

What about the father of the kids...thats is another very interesting issue...she fvcked him way before you...maybe he was her first....the first is unforgetable ..imagined if her kids carry his genes...that could be the man she will alwasy adore or love to fvck and you the trash picker....

Finally the attention....i agree when you have kids you shouldnt even worry about that ..because as a father the kids should be given all the attention while they are young..but she will expect you to act as a father to these kids...and sure you say you dont need that attention , that you are secure enough...but thats :

BS BS BS BS BS...all men and women need attention and this women might change as soon as she get you to marry her...then you will be stuck with a women who might make your life miserable and with kids from another man....

You really have to make sure she LOVES YOU AND I MEAN SHE LOVES YOU AND THINK YOU ARE FINNER THAN BRAD PITT AND THE BEST LOVER IN THE WORLD AND THAT SHE IS THE LUCKIEST OF WOMEN TO BE WITH YOU...

and honestly is very difficult to be 100 percent for sure and you are taking a huge risk...

Godd LUCk you will needed ..

Tiburon

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
the more i read the mor i cry for you...

First man ill say run for your LIFE!!!!!

now that i have read even more i realize this women was attracted to a bad boy....lol....i think she is brainwashing you. I f she was such a good girl why dis he pick such a looser who uses drugs i violent, etc, she likes that type of stuff, and you by takin her with kids are the total opposite....man i feel so sad..you are one of the boys and you are going down.......

Nevertheless you dont even have a good job you re not done with school you are young ..and you are getting all this in your shoulders..do you think you are a mesiah, or Jesus Christ..man there are plenty of fimne women, smart ,descent and without kids from a druged violent fatehr outthere let another AFC take that burden.

When i mean crap is crap:

Women with kids that are not yours.
Her Ex is always around because of the kids..
Her EX being around is also she seeing someone she fvcked many times remembering memories.......
You are only twenty somenthing and dont even have finished shcool....

Man you must be a great person just because of the fact you are willing to do this for love but from experience it is to much streess to put on love and love shouldnt be put through that because it starts to die out. Now you guys are in love , but the day that ends are you going to be in a nice situation. You might think you are a DJ and she might make you think you are doing all the good things , but therea re women outhere who are way to smart for some DJ"S....trust me...just like there are DJ way to smart for this type of women...you are a nice guy easy to take advantage from...Get yoursefl another good girl..it might hurt now but it will feel great for the rest of your life...

Sincerely and nervous about your life..

TIBURON CUBANO

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Tiburon, I think Gio is playing with fire somewhat in marrying a woman with a kid. I certainly know that I would never get involved with a single mother. I once got a girl's number and called her, but never did again when she mentioned her son. And she was only 17 at the time, and really cute. Not only that, but she seems to really like me.

Sheesh. She had to go f uck up her chances with me (literally) by having a kid.

BGMan

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck bro
wish you the best. If every marrying guy knew as much about women as you did, and spent some heavy duty quality time on this website, the divorce rate would be 5 percent, not 50. It can work, and i wish you the best. Too bad the ex/dad is an a-hole, but for some reason they all tend to be.

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
BGMAN

BGman i was **** buddies with a girl like this and my fatehr made the mistake this guy is about to make.....myriendblue is very nice to wish this guy luck and everything and i do to..but you could know everything about women and still mess up with one..and thats's why i feel our firend is about to make the mistake of his life ..Marrying its scary and risky, Marrying a women with kids is horrifying, and extremely dangerous.....The divorce rate has nothing to do with the knowledge he has by the way...lol..

Tiburon who is more worry about this than Giovanni Casanova himself.

Tiburon

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who, tiburon, get a hold of yourself. I'm going to break this down a little bit so it's easier to follow.

I'll start with something a little off-topic, just to ease us in.

p.s its GIACOMO that was Casanovas real name

Actually, Casanova's full name was Giovanni Giacomo Casanova de Seingalt.

Now, down to business. Where to begin?

What about the father of the kids...thats is another very interesting issue...she fvcked him way before you...maybe he was her first....the first is unforgetable ..imagined if her kids carry his genes...that could be the man she will alwasy adore or love to fvck and you the trash picker.... I f she was such a good girl why dis he pick such a looser who uses drugs i violent, etc, she likes that type of stuff,

One of my previous LTR's was an unbelievable b*tch. If you happen to read anything about her in my past posts, you'll get what I'm talking about. She was a ho, I caught her in lies numerous times, and she cheated on me. Does this mean that I like girls who are lying, cheating hoes? Absolutely not. I made a mistake with her, I learned from my mistake, and I cut loose. Luckily, I didn't have any kids with that b*tch. That wasn't the case with my fiance, but she can't stand him anymore.

Also, you may have noticed in my earlier posts that we really have no contact with the father of this kid. On the times when he's supposed to have her, his parents get her and watch her. His involvement is minimal and even if it wasn't, I seriously doubt that she'd be rushing to jump his bones.

Nevertheless you dont even have a good job you re not done with school you are young ...

I am young, and I'm not done with school, but I have a good job. I make enough money to pay for a nice two-bedroom apartment, a 1999 Cavalier, cable, Internet, utilities, groceries, entertainment, insurance, put myself through school, and still have money left over. She works too. Doing this (getting married) actually cuts our costs, not increases them.

Finally the attention....i agree when you have kids you shouldnt even worry about that ..because as a father the kids should be given all the attention while they are young..but she will expect you to act as a father to these kids...and sure you say you dont need that attention , that you are secure enough...but thats :

BS BS BS BS BS...all men and women need attention

I think you misunderstand. I get plenty of attention, but I'm not the number-one-most-important-thing above all other things and all other people including her child. There are some guys here who are not secure enough to have their girlfriend/fiance/wife have anything that's a bigger priority than them. However, I'm okay with the kids being the most important thing -- in fact, I demand it in any woman: the kids must come first.

In any event, I know what I'm doing here, and I'm aware of the risks. Show me anything that is risk-free and I'll show you something that isn't worth a damn.

Speaking to the fact that she has a kid... People who remember me from way back when will recall that I was adamently against dating single mothers. It's not that I'm blind to the reasons for avoiding single mothers -- I wrote the book on reasons for avoiding single mothers. But the fact that I'm fully aware of the potentially troublesome aspects of single-motherhood is exactly why I know that it isn't a problem here.

Again, this wasn't a decision I made lightly. I put a lot of thought into it, and this is definitely the right thing to do.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work Gio, who cares about all the what ifs, and if she has a kid, or this and that. If you are happy, that is the most important thing in life. You found a girl that MANY of us are looking to find, if they admit it or not. And marriage is only scary cause some people have never found a girl they are sure a marriage would work with, I am sure if they found this girl that would be married as quick as they could. Anyways I am one of those guys, hopefully my luck will change a little in the future. Take it easy and congrats, good luck with your future.

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
Man honestly ..

Look i dont want to bring your hopes down ..i want you to be the happiest of man..but i still .think you are fvcking crazy for what you doing..
you say she hates him..the father of the kids...hate is the opposite of love..ther can only be alot of hate if there was alot of love..i will never erased the idea that she might still like him...and i think neither should you whatever decision you make....So many other girls why this one..i dont understand? I know that if i was in love like you are now ill probably be as crazy as you are but i am not..and since i am not under that drug ..i am trying to wake you up...I honestly think you are not 100 percent sure your girl doesnt feel or is not attracted to her ex just a bit....

From what you say ..it seems to me as you are so inlove with this women because your ex was a ho and for the short short short time you being with her she has treated you good. A year is to little to tell and especially when such a risk is at stake..YOU ARE MR NICE GUY.

What is the rush..if she loves you she can wait and if you are a DJ you have patience so why risk it all now when down the line another two years you would be more sure.I KNOW YOU ARE IN LOVE but be rational.

I did exactly what you did.I engaged my ex after one year of being together like two lovebirds and i was an ok DJ back then not as good as now but i was ok.She changed , and young women change easily, this you cant control brother. I broke my engagement and she didnt have kids.

I WISH YOU A HAPPY WEDDING BUT DONT HAVE KIDS ATLEAST UNTIL 5 YEARS AFTER YOU ARE MARRY ...PLEASE PROMISE ME THAT>>THE LAST THING I WANT TO SEE IS ANOTHER BROTHER PAYING CHILD SUPPORT....good luck

Tiburon a crazy lover like yourself

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
I JUST GOT TO SAY IT ONE MORE TIME

A YEAR IS TO SHORT OF A TIME FOR THE RISK INVOLVE...you have to atleast give me that..........
Tiburon

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Man honestly ..

tiburon, seriously, you need to get yourself under control here.

Originally posted by tiburon
Look i dont want to bring your hopes down ..i want you to be the happiest of man..but i still .think you are fvcking crazy for what you doing..you say she hates him..the father of the kids...hate is the opposite of love..ther can only be alot of hate if there was alot of love..i will never erased the idea that she might still like him...and i think neither should you whatever decision you make....So many other girls why this one..i dont understand? I know that if i was in love like you are now ill probably be as crazy as you are but i am not..and since i am not under that drug ..i am trying to wake you up...I honestly think you are not 100 percent sure your girl doesnt feel or is not attracted to her ex just a bit....

This may be splitting hairs here, but I didn't say she hated him. I said she can't stand him. In my mind, there is a difference. In this case, it means she has no feelings for him, and doesn't like to be around him. She is not consumed with feelings, positive or negative, where he is concerned. Again, we have little-to-no contact with this guy. Ever since the custody case ended, we haven't had to really deal with him at all. His parents are taking care of her half the time, and we're taking care of her half the time.

I know the difference between a girl who has romantic feelings for a guy and a girl who doesn't -- give me a little credit, will ya?

From what you say ..it seems to me as you are so inlove with this women because your ex was a ho and for the short short short time you being with her she has treated you good. A year is to little to tell and especially when such a risk is at stake..YOU ARE MR NICE GUY.

No, you're taking what I'm saying and applying it any damn way you feel like. I was giving you an example of how it's possible to have an ex who was a bad person, without that meaning that you're just attracted to bad people.

As for the accusation about me being "Mr. Nice Guy" -- nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who knows me in real life would agree with that description in the classical sense. While I may be a "nice" human being, I'm not the nice guy in the sense that I allow myself to be taken advantage of and walked on.

What is the rush..if she loves you she can wait and if you are a DJ you have patience so why risk it all now when down the line another two years you would be more sure.I KNOW YOU ARE IN LOVE but be rational.

I did exactly what you did.I engaged my ex after one year of being together like two lovebirds and i was an ok DJ back then not as good as now but i was ok.She changed , and young women change easily, this you cant control brother. I broke my engagement and she didnt have kids.

So, if I'm getting this correctly, you want me to delay my wedding by a couple of years because you made a bad choice once? Also, I've noticed that most of the time, when a guy says "she just changed", they didn't really change. She was always like that, but the guy didn't notice until then.

My family and close friends have always been perceptive about that. Whenever I was clueless, they would say, "Hey, Giovanni, your girlfriend is a lying b*tch and I know she's cheating on you." Or, "Giovanni, your girl is a f*cking shallow airhead." And I would always say, "No, she's honest and faithful." Or, "No, she's actually quite worldly and intellectual." Then it would seem as though the girl changed. Suddenly, I would notice that she was a lying, cheating b*tch. Or that she was a shallow airhead. And I would wonder, "When did she change? It seemed so sudden." Then I'd realize that everyone else knew all along -- she didn't change, I just started noticing what was always there. And for the record, my family and friends all agree that this girl is by far the best. Rave reviews, all around. If anything here isn't kosher, this girl is the greatest con-artist of our time.

DONT HAVE KIDS ATLEAST UNTIL 5 YEARS AFTER YOU ARE MARRY ...PLEASE PROMISE ME THAT
I wouldn't make a promise like that to my best friend, much less someone on the Internet I've never met.

A YEAR IS TO SHORT OF A TIME FOR THE RISK INVOLVE...you have to atleast give me that..........

I'm a gambler, and these are my kind of odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.