Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NFL Toughens Domestic Violence Policy

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Fixed that for you.
Well, the Ray Rice situation was one of retaliation. She attacked him first, if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, my impression is that most guys here would cheer Ray Rice on for hitting her back. Personally, I don't think that a huge, powerful male athlete hitting a 110 lb. woman is the equivalent of the reverse. I've said that multiple times before, I don't really care to repeat it all.

But when it comes to the legal system, I'm not a big fan of having to respond with reasonable force. Like if someone breaks into your house, and you shoot them, there's a question of did you respond with reasonable force (depending on where you live). Or if a cop shoots someone, did he use more than reasonable force? I think it's a lot to demand of someone who feels threatened in the heat of the moment to stop and make sure they make exactly the right response. Make the right decision in a high pressure situation, or else you will lose your job, or get arrested, or whatever.

Michelle Beadle sarcastically said, in response to Stephen A. Smith's remarks, "I'm now aware that I can provoke my own beating". So is she saying that Ray's girlfriend should have been able to hit, bite, and spit on him, and there's nothing wrong with that?

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
You sound like you've been "educated" far beyond your intelligence. The first sentence in this quote could have been written by an 8 year old.
I can't win can I? When I elaborate, Tight Eyes call it "long winded". When I simplify, you say it's like an "8 year old". LOL

Well Sammy, it appears you know nothing about the political parties in general. I suggest that you do some research, so you can learn the facts to get an education. Keep reading below Sammy, to see what you don't seem to understand.

Stagger Lee said:
But it's much worse than that. The OP said there doesn't even have to be a conviction. So the ban could be applied just by an allegation from the wife.
zekko said:
To be counted as an "offense," a player would not necessarily have to be convicted in a court of law, but each incident will be judged on its own merits.
So, all you guys get in an uproar over a technicality to the policy? :crackup:

There is always technicalities to the law or work policies. Your work place has all these technicalities as well, so why shouldn't the NFL?

If your wife or girlfriend accuses you of domestic violence and you get arrested for it, your employers can fire you even if you don't get convicted. So, why shouldn't the NFL players be held to the same standards?

Again, these Domestic Violence Laws are already on the books, they have been law for a while now, this is nothing new, but you guys are acting like it is. When Bob at the corporation has to be under the scrutiny of these laws, the NFL player should have to be as well. Why do you want them to have more privileges over you? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Do you honestly think that Roger Goodell is going to be banning players left and right when they are innocent so his business will lose money when his star players are being banned for life? :crackup:

This is a PR move to clean up the NFL thug culture for players who are actually breaking the law. He is protecting his business, that's all that it is.

If a player is accused, he will investigate the matter, just like your employer would as well. There is nothing to this, but you guys automatically jump to conclusions ranting about liberals and women when these laws are already there.

zekko said:
the media sh!t storm that is generated.
What media sh1t storm? Ray Lewis was praised as a wonderful Godly Religious man, and look at what he was involved with. Anybody else in his shoes would be serving hard time for life.

Michael Vick killed some dogs, he served his time then returned to the NFL to make millions while playing like sh1t and getting injured for the Philadelphia Eagles. If you did that, after you got out, you wouldn't even get a job as a dog catcher. No pun intended.

Why should these guys get special treatment, more privileges, and be above the law when you can't?

Ronaldo7 said:
So it is basically a free pass to spiteful women to provoke men on this. They can spit at you, scratch you, punch you and do anything else while you have to sit there as an athlete and contemplate that you either look like a complete b1tch.
Has nothing to do with "spiteful women" dude, it's about cleaning up the thug culture in the NFL. Do you think NFL Players give a sh1t about the spiteful women that can accuse you of doing things? Well, then why do you care about them? Those players don't even know you exist. And here you have Ronaldo as your screen name. Is he on a message board worrying about you being disrespected? :crackup:

Bible_Belt said:
Yelling is domestic violence in California. So yell at your wife twice, get banned for life from the NFL.
So, is every husband in California sitting in jail for yelling at his wife? :crackup:

Pure ignorance. Yeah, Goodell is going to ban guys like Tom Brady, Sherman, Manning, Rogers for life over a petty argument with the girlfriend or wife. Give me a fvcking break. :crackup:

Bible_Belt said:
Ray Lewis had a long playing career and is now works in broadcasts, despite being indicted on a murder charge as a player. The wiki article mentions that the white suit he was wearing on the night of the murders was never found.
Right, and where you would be at if you were in his shoes? Sitting in a cell for life, that's where you would be at. And here you want to give special treatment to NFL Players. What the fvck dude.

TyTe`EyEz said:
Rascal haha, your name suits you.
And your name suits you just fine, because you read my post with tightly closed eyes, not comprehending what I was saying. You read this thread and my post with tightly closed eyes being blinded by your anger. That isn't good.

TyTe`EyEz said:
Prove me wrong, bud.
You proved that I was right about you, with your anger towards Liberals.

TyTe`EyEz said:
Holy sh1t, rascal, what is it with you and these long-winded posts.
Long Winded? A few short paragraphs plus a couple of responses is long winded? What do you usually read? The Cat In The Hat? :crackup:

TyTe`EyEz said:
You know what I mean when I say liberal - I mean "progressive." I'm referring to those that are currently shaping society: Marxists and feminists. If you don't see this then you're oblivious. Do you watch the news? Do you see that the only philosophy that's "right" is one that promotes women, gays and illegal immigrants?

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/mozil...ry?id=23181711

This is just one example. I can find more.

:crackup:

This has nothing to do with the Domestic Violence Policy in the NFL. You have an anger towards and Liberals and women so you blame them for anything you can when it isn't even the case. I already pointed that out to you above. You did it again with this post proving me right.

You proved me right with Liberalism and Conservatism.

Liberals are trying to give the gays plenty of "rights". Liberals want women to have abortions.

Conservatives are trying to restrict the bogus gay marriage laws and abortions.

How am I wrong? I am not. You, t1ts, and Sammy are. Get an education :yes:

You don't know a damn thing that you're talking about here. :yes:

What does immigration or gay marriage crap have to do with the NFL? Nothing. Why are you bringing it up?

Better yet, what have Liberals or Conservatives done about immigration? Not a damn thing. They sure love to talk about it, but in the end nothing gets done because they don't want anything done about it. They are beholden to their special interest buddies, the farmers, the corporations that use them for cheap labor. You think a Republican Congressman from the midwest is going to stop illegals when the farmers who donate big bucks to his campaign employs them?

What did Reagan, Bush Sr. and Jr. along with a Republican controlled congresses for 30+ years do to help curb illegal immigration? Not a damn thing. What Did Democrats do? Not a damn thing either, but they want to give them rights, which is a joke.

TyTe`EyEz said:
Have you not noticed all of the men that have been royally screwed for going against the acceptable narrative?

Then why are so worried about an NFL Player? Shouldn't he get royally screwed just like you? Why do you want to give him special treatment and privileges that you don't get? That's what I'm saying, in which you can't comprehend because of your tightly closed eyes.

Do you think NFL Players are typing on a message board worrying about your well being? They don't even know you exist and you're rooting for them to be above the law over you. How fvcking stupid is that?

If you get accused or arrested over domestic violence, do you think an NFL Player is going whine and cry on a message board against Liberals and women?

Fvck no, he is going to play in a game, go to a club later that night, bring a couple of hot chicks back to his place, and fvck the sh1t out of them in his hot tub, while you're sitting your ass in a jail cell with the other inmates.

Then after you have a criminal record for domestic violence against your name, you won't even get a decent job. But the NFL Player can resume his job, his incident is all forgotten after everybody says he paid his debt to society.

Well, what about the debt you paid? Why should the NFL Player have special privileges that you can't? You are going against your own interest here, trying to give other men more power than you have, just because you have anger against Liberals and women. That is fvcking stupid.

My point is this, every man should be held accountable to the law regardless of what job he has. But it seems that you guys don't see it that way.

TyTe`EyEz said:
You're outnumbered here for a reason.
So what? Being outnumbered doesn't mean a damn thing when everybody else is being ignorant on the matter. I'm still going to be right regardless. :yes:

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, you must have so much going on to write that abomination of a post. It seems to me like "some thugs" gave you a beating. Get over it and wipe the tears off as well. You must indeed be a beta fagg0t to be defending these h0es.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This $hit is going to blow up in the NFL's face. How many gold diggers out there are chasing these guys to begin with? What happens when said guy decides to ditch the gold digger because he finally realizes she's bad news? What's the next step for gold digger? How easy is it for a woman to black mail a football player now? All she has to do is burn herself with a cigarette then pick up her phone. Her word against his. But in this case, he'll be arrested anyways. He knows this. So, what's he to do? Fork over the cash.

Another victory for feminists.

Guilty until proven innocent. Screw the constitution and the legal system.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Yelling is domestic violence in California. So yell at your wife twice, get banned for life from the NFL.

Ray Lewis had a long playing career and is now works in broadcasts, despite being indicted on a murder charge as a player. The wiki article mentions that the white suit he was wearing on the night of the murders was never found.

So what ben roethlisburger got accused of rapeing two women, and yet he is still playing?

What does your comment have to do with the price of tea in china?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rascal99v said:
Liberals are trying to give the gays plenty of "rights". Liberals want women to have abortions.

Conservatives are trying to restrict the bogus gay marriage laws and abortions.

How am I wrong? I am not. You, t1ts, and Sammy are. Get an education :yes:
Freedom pre-exists government. Politicians don't "give" your rights to you.

That's just one of many ways you are wrong.

U

user43770

rascal, here's what you said:

rascal99v said:
More nonsense here that you have no fvcking clue what you're talking about.

This ain't Liberal dude, Goodell has been known as a conservative enforcing conservative policies. Get an education first, before you start spouting off your own false biased opinions about political policies.

Now here is my original post:

TyTe`EyEz said:
Men are already second class citizens - especially white men. Just look at all of the men that have already lost their livelihood, for doing the unthinkable crime of stating their opinion publicly. It's ridiculous. Women seem to have the right to never be offended.

Just like most liberals, they're all for free speech until it hurts their feelings.
See the bold.

In my next post, I clarified what I meant by liberal and I gave you an example of a man that was vilified for stating his opinion.
It just so happened to be liberals (i.e. progressives) that made him lose his job.

rascal99v said:
This has nothing to do with the Domestic Violence Policy in the NFL.
I know it doesn't, but it most certainly relates to men becoming second-class citizens, which is what was said in the post I originally quoted.

Do you see how many words it took me to prove that you don't know what you're talking about?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
In my mind, the mindset where you give back what you get is a man who's first concern is for himself and does not weigh himself down with a sense of "honor" and therefore wouldn't hit someone who assaulted me
I don't think it's so much about honor, it's physics. Men are built to be strong and powerful, while women are designed to make babies. A man's powerful fist compared to the females more delicate facial structure. I doubt that Ray Rice ever intended to knock that girl unconscious. He just lost his temper and punched her, and knocking her out is what you get when you have this kind of mismatch. A man, if he is not careful, can very seriously fvck a woman up.

They always talk here about Pook and how he said you should treat women like your bratty little sister. Most agree that's a pretty good analogy, women are like bratty little sisters. Are you going to actually feel threatened by your bratty little sister, and knock her teeth down her throat to teach her a lesson? You might hold her down and tickle torture her.

Of course, whatever the man does in a situation like this, outside of turning tail and running, there's a good chance he's going to be painted as a monster. Even if he just holds or restrains her, like if he puts her in a bearhug or a half nelson, those are dangerous holds that can cause damage.

The woman should not be poking the bear, but you never hear that side of it in the media. Stephen A. Smith tried to talk about it, and was suspended for his efforts, because Michelle Beadle apparently thinks she should be able to bite and spit on any man she chooses.

rascal99v said:
So, all you guys get in an uproar over a technicality to the policy?
I'm in no uproar. We've had some interesting discussions on domestic violence here, and I'm just posting the latest news. As I said, this policy could be good or bad, depending on how it is enforced. Most likely, how the NFL responds will depend on what kind of witch hunt the media can stir up, instead of the actual facts of the case.

I'm really curious to see if the 49ers keep Ray McDonald on, given Jim Harbaugh's comments on zero tolerance. We'll see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

rascal99v said:
If your wife or girlfriend accuses you of domestic violence and you get arrested for it, your employers can fire you even if you don't get convicted.
That's exactly the point. That is unjust. The point is not that athletes should be able to get away with more than we can. The point is that women should not have this kind of power over us without presenting real evidence. Your job should not be jeopardized because a woman gets angry and accuses you of something for revenge.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
If men try to change it at a macro-level, they get suspended or lose their jobs via occupational terrorism. Society is arrayed against you and all of us.
This is the real problem, the system is broken. Your punching some chick in the head isn't going to fix that. In fact, you responding physically is only likely to get you into trouble with that same system. You can do the "I will retaliate in a way so as not to leave a mark on her" thing, but that can be tricky.

I don't believe in hitting girls myself (and I don't foresee that happening), but if some other guy does punch some chick who deserves it I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
But I don't need to fix the system, I only need to fix her. By establishing a punishment so that she does not assault me again.
Well, I don't see a woman as a threat, unless she's holding a gun or something, but that's a different story. As for the disrespect factor, I would treat it as anything else. Depending on the severity of the "assault', I would either next her (walk away) or put her on a strike system.

Danger said:
It's easy, save it for where you know it's a safe place and you won't get caught..
Fair enough, but she still might accuse you. Then you're at the mercy of the court.

Danger said:
This is our value difference. By it's very definition, when we say we will treat another differently based on their gender, then we violate the concept of "equality".
You're right, this is our difference. I don't believe in equality. Certainly there is no physical equality. You know another way I treat the genders differently? I'm not going to have sex with men. So we treat them differently inherently.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Yeah Ray Rice was in total danger huh? I bet clowns will still defend the fool. No self defense at all here. I support the NFL making the rules more harsh so fools like this cant get off easy.

If dudes wanna defend a man being assaulted by a woman, defend JaYZ and ridicule Beyonce for letting her sister strike her husband numerous times. But dont defend Rice who spits on his woman, gets in her face, takes a swipe at her, and when she objects and retaliates he knocks her out cold (as her face slams into the handrail).

Dont defend the little b!tch made punk who doesnt try this sort of stuff on the football field or with men his size or larger than him. Dudes are gonna be gunning for Rice every game.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Annnnnnd the Ravens terminate Rice's contract. Bad press = no job for just about anyone nowadays.

From the video I saw, I have no sympathy for the man. And remember, Latrell Sprewell got 68 games from the NBA for choking his coach--a grown man.

Divorce is coming soon. There's no reason for his wife to stick around now that the cash is gone.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter what happens, yet ANOTHER successful American man has been taken down by succumbing to a woman. I don't care about the details. Why get involved with a b*tch with an attitude like that? Nothing good can come of it. Pump and dump for these type women. Too many guys are marrying these hot ass wh*res just for the p*ssy. You don't need marriage to secure that in most cases. I'm not condoning this, but it's just reality.

Was Rice wrong? After watching the newest video, obviously he was. Can't really justify that use of power. Rice is probably somewhat of an AFC or the b*tch wouldn't be acting like that. Or some combination.

For marriage....screen, screen, screen. 3 strikes and she's out.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still don't know why I should give a fvck when she doesn't.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow ****. talk about a turn of events
this is big to the ravens are screwed they have no RB. he sucked last year anyway but still

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
I still don't know why I should give a fvck when she doesn't.
What, you're not a captain save-a-ho :eek: ?

Seriously though, "domestic violence" is such a murky, he said, she said feminist concept, that it holds about as much water as a colander. If an athlete commits a violent or serious crime against ANYONE they should be out, not just because they did something considered extra special because it was a woman.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Ravens shot themselves. Ray Rice will play for another team surely. This should serve as a warning shot to all h0es that play that tough sh1t.