Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New theory on approaching women

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was sitting at work, drifting as I normally do on Fridays and I thought about the experience I had at a local club I went to last night.

First of all, know that I for all intents and purposes, hate clubs... They make no sense. Girls know that guys want them, but go simply to stroke their egos to see how many guys they can reject, and if you do get a girl interested, she is more than likely drunk, etc. BUT, I am a social person and this was the place to be on Thursday nights, so I went.

Every time I go out, I always get compliments, such as you are so well dressed, you are very good looking (which I am :)) etc, but I never get girls, besides these that compliment me, interested in me (I have a general rule of thumb that I won't talk to a girl that approaches me, simply because if she is that desperate where she is approaching men and not the other way around, something is wrong with her that I don't want apart of).

Then on the way home, it hit me like a ton of bricks.... I AM TOO GOOD LOOKING.

I intimidate women... it's hard to say that because I mean... it's you, but I can't come up with any other conclusion.

Now don’t' get me wrong, I talk to women, I have 3 that I see on a constant basis (one is a 7, one is around a 7.5 and one is easily an 8.5 and I was messing around with a girl I would consider an 8.5-9 before she started flaking out on me), but it's frustrating when you walk into a club, or a bar or a social setting and you honestly feel that you are the best dressed, best looking guy there and no one gives you any signals.

This one girl I talk to, the one I consider to be a 7.5 is a waitress at a popular bar that I go to. Around 2 weeks ago me and my friends went in there to play pool and this girl called me after she got off and said that the waitresses were literally fighting over who could wait on us. She then went on to say "there isn't waitresses up here that doesn't think you are too sexy" (which makes her all the luckier at the end of the night :)). I found that surprising, simply because when you think about that happening, you expect... more I guess.

What I am getting to is that, I know see how beautiful women feel on a constant basis. They get dressed up, go to the club or bar, they get compliments but hardly ever has someone actually try to talk to them and they get frustrated when they see girls who are not anywhere near as good looking get men... It's because the men automatically assume that the woman that is beautiful is "out of their league". My best friend, who happens to be a gorgeous 9.5 redhead, became my best friend over time because 3 years ago, I wouldn’t even let the thought of "someone that beautiful" being with me. When I saw that she actually was attracted to me, it was too late and we were friends, and still are to this day. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but you just never know could have happened if I had balls at the time.

DJD

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are several existing threads on this topic of the 'too good looking' thing, you might search the discussion list to get more insight on your idea/experience.

That said, there is some truth to what you say; I know that on the nights when I look my best I usually get less attention from women, whereas when I look just ok (tired, 'mediocre hair night', 'dressed down' a bit) I tend to get more attention. It's strange. I know that some women will often steal glances at a man she finds attractive, but will not want for him to catch her looking. Women too fear rejection, and just like for us guys, (all things equal) the more challenging the target person, the greater the fear of rejection.

Finally, the title of your post was intriguing, but I did not see a new theory on approaching women (?)

JoeIzHere

Banned
Reaction score
Yo I feel you man.

Im like super good looking and girls see me, theyre intimidated so they look at me mean. They give me a look like they want me but don't want to want me. I also get looks like "you ain't all dat." I feel like its a defense mechanism that they have towards me. I guess i'm too "real" for them. LOL. If I see a girl though on a daily basis, its easier for me to talk to her cuz I don't do cold approaches to women that are lookin at me all mean. Also, clubs are good for wall bump n grind heee woooo!

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess his new theory is to approach the hottest chics because most guys are too scared to. Of course I've certainly heard this before :D Still I haven't yet experimented with the idea.

Man, with all this "whoa is me, I'm too good looking" talk, I'm sort of glad that I'm just a shade above average. I think those kind of looks combined with the appropriate DJ personality is a winning combo. Of course this theory has also yet to be field tested :)

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is so true man. I probably not as hot as you, but I'm like the alpha asian guy at our school cuz I'm the smartest, maybe 2nd - 3rd fittest, and I'm just plain fvcking cool w/o being a chigger wanna be rapper. Anyways, girls used to talk to me and stuff, but now they just stand away and ignore me, but I catch them like stealing a few glances and scanning me like meat. So I'm totally not used to this as I was fat before:(

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also have this too good-looking problem, but I think I may have found the answer today. I was looking quite sharp today and I walked into a Starbucks. I notice a cute barista eyeing me as I move up the line. By the time I got to the front, she was obviously nervous just to greet me and was stuttering. This happens to me a lot so I just brush it off. Anyways, something struck me about what we can do about the too good-looking problem just now as I saw your post.

As men, it is obviously our responsibility to approach women. Everyone who has been here long enough understands that. However, the responsibility goes even further for really good-looking guys such as ourselves. We must not only approach, but also make the women feel comfortable and at ease around us. They elevate us to more than human in their minds....to supermen so we must remind them we are just regular guys that have been blessed in the looks department.

Instead of a normal conversation, the burden is more on us to make a few jokes and get the ball rolling whereas an average-looking guy could just launch into a normal conversation.

Curious if you guys agree on this?

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of you guys that are supposedly too good looking please post pics and maybe we'll be able to see if that truly is your problem.

What's wrong with a girl approaching you? Why can't a girl have confidence?

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meanwhile us ugly guys are f---ing your women . Harsh break bro.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fatality
All of you guys that are supposedly too good looking please post pics and maybe we'll be able to see if that truly is your problem.

Yeah, alot of self-rating around here.

In my experience, if youre truly really good looking, you wont receive compliments because people think "you damn well know it" anyway. So if youre receiving compliments, you may be more towards the average range than you realise!

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of guys use the excuse of being too good looking to mask their failure with woman. Even when reading this thread, i thought maybe this was my problem too since i always dress sharp and my friends always say "Bsharp" that girl is checking you out, i really dont think its my look that intimidate girls into talking to me.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you are "getting" girls your not intpreting signals properly.That's your problem.

Jump in on compliments and the like and use it to build a convo.Clubs,Bars are Vagina-controlled areas so i only go when i'm dragged there.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thebsharp
Alot of guys use the excuse of being too good looking to mask their failure with woman. Even when reading this thread, i thought maybe this was my problem too since i always dress sharp and my friends always say "Bsharp" that girl is checking you out, i really dont think its my look that intimidate girls into talking to me.

^That's a vaild argument cuz some women have low-self-esteem. I know men that don't go out with women cuz "the guys' will bother them"...:rolleyes:

Now if that's a surly ass jock tellin me this imagine where some waspy-type frail chic's ego is

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys that are supposedly too good looking probably aren't. You think you're too good looking and that extreme arrogant my **** doesn't stink attitude might be turning off the girls.

Post the pics and we'll be able to see if you truly are too good looking.

Also I totally agree with the guy that said if you are really good looking you probably won't get many compliments because people don't want to stroke your ego especially when it looks like some of you already have a massive one.:rolleyes:

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^Hateeerrr....:D

Illmatic

Reaction score
Is it just me or does your post totally contradict itself?

You say that you ignore girls that approach you. lmfao.
Get your head out of your ass man, this is what people do in clubs. How do you expect to get girls if you don't speak to them?

Guess what your not ****ing Brad Pitt, this the DJ forum, your not talking to some stupid chick, you don't need to act like your god's gift to women in a forum full of men.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also I totally agree with the guy that said if you are really good looking you probably won't get many compliments because people don't want to stroke your ego especially when it looks like some of you already have a massive one.:rolleyes:
Exactly.

It's not what you wear, it's how you wear it.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
post a pic and give me a reason to be a hater

1.I never said I was a pretty-boy.
2.My pic is in Anything Else.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thebsharp
Exactly. Unless you are in the top .1% of looks department, girls are not intimidated by your looks at all and if you just happened to be in that category, then women would be approaching you anywhere and everywhere.

Women evaluate men more on status then looks so if you are perceived to have a very high status, that might intimidate some women but then again, you will have plenty of women jocking you just based on that. Fact is, like bsharp said, you are using your "looks" as an excuse for failure. Could you imagine how silly it would sound if a rich and powerful man complained that no women want him? That's how silly this whole notion of women being intimidated by looks sounds. It's all in your head.

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Really... look at us guys, even if we are ugly we still look at the hot babes and try and get them. Unless the woman looks like a supermodel with the perfect curve and face then yea i wouldn try to approuch her and wouldn want her to caught me lookin at her because i dont wanna give her anymore ego boost and be one of those guys that oogles at her. I highly doubt anyone here looks like bratt pitt to give off such an intimidating vibe.

Are you telling us that you are so good looking you had to go online and look for advice on woman? that sounds really rediculous...