My Tip about how to be the center of attention at a party.

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let’s say you are a guest at a party with 10-20 people. You are a alpha man and a DJ. This means that you should always be the center of attention. This is a list of things you could do to get everybody’s attention:

• Always sit so that everybody easy could look at you. The ideal position is if most of the people sits in a half circle, and you are sitting in the center. Try to get as many as possible into a discussion and than turn over to telling them a funny story. If your story seams interesting enough you will get everybody’s attention, and this will make the chicks wet for you.

• Announce that you want everybody’s attention. This is as simple as saying loud: ‘I want everyone’s attention!’. Now everyone is looking at you and expects you to have something good to tell them. If you are at a birthday party, you could make a funny speech for him/her. Or you could do a little funny appearance. (Don’t be afraid to look foolish.) A guy I know asked for everybody’s attention just to show them his ugliest grimace.
    Everyone was laughing.
  • Take the command and arrange fun activities. Use the method above to get attention. Could anyone help me with fun activities for a party? Maybe some kind of fun game? The important thing is that everybody should participate. Make funny and witty comments to people who possibly don’t want to take part and make them come along.
  • The most important tip is to be happy and enthusiastic. Smile and laugh. Be interested and interesting. A boring person will never get any attention.

If you have anything to add or any concrete examples, please post them.

Good luck at your next party. Be well prepared and you will make the chicks crazy about you.

------------------
/Turbobird

[This message has been edited by Turbobird (edited 05-24-2002).]

AfricanMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree and if there is a femake that you are interested in that's the best way to let her know that you are a challenge and that you are fun to be with.
You got to remember to make people laugh and to keep everybody into the convo not just on the people you know.

------------------
aight fool

pjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with the whole mentality of you have to be the "Center of Attention".

I mean it's great if you are, but honestly, some people, no matter how much they change, learn, improve, and learn some more, they will never be that type of Person who can be the "center of attention." at some party.

Just like some people will never make it in sports, some people will never be a great writer, some people will never be able to make a living as a salesmen, etc etc etc ....no matter how much they practice or try, it's just not the way it is.

Yes, go up to many different people and talk, go up to many different woman and talk, but some people are not the "Center of Attention" kind of person.

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pjam:
I don't agree with the whole mentality of you have to be the "Center of Attention".

I mean it's great if you are, but honestly, some people, no matter how much they change, learn, improve, and learn some more, they will never be that type of Person who can be the "center of attention." at some party.

Just like some people will never make it in sports, some people will never be a great writer, some people will never be able to make a living as a salesmen, etc etc etc ....no matter how much they practice or try, it's just not the way it is.

Yes, go up to many different people and talk, go up to many different woman and talk, but some people are not the "Center of Attention" kind of person.
Your mentality is a great way to avoid improvements. I'm not that kind of person, so why try?

So, what kind of person are you? Is it something deep inside of you that define who you are? We like to think that. We want to be able to say: “This is me.” Or “This is not me.”, but I don’t think that’s possible.

You are not what you are saying. You are not what you are doing. You are not even what you are thinking. Because you can think about your own thought process, and you are able to change it.

‘not that kind of person’ is bullsh!t! You can’t find anything about you who actually define who you are. Everything is changeable.

------------------
/Turbobird

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Back to this ‘center of attention’ thing. I’m not an expert about it, and I was hoping for more ideas from you guys. What do you do to get and remain the attention?

------------------
/Turbobird

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Turbobird:
Back to this ‘center of attention’ thing. I’m not an expert about it, and I was hoping for more ideas from you guys. What do you do to get and remain the attention?

you need charisma. thats all pretty much. i can decribe it as a trait where every time u speak every one listans, or when you are the skroungest kid at a get together and noone has the balls to mess with u. i dont know how u aquire it though. this is why im looking forward to masters "how to become an alpha male " part of boot camp

------------------
pain is weakness leaving the body

a good offensie is better than than the best defensive

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by future marine:
you need charisma. thats all pretty much. i can decribe it as a trait where every time u speak every one listans, or when you are the skroungest kid at a get together and noone has the balls to mess with u. i dont know how u aquire it though. this is why im looking forward to masters "how to become an alpha male " part of boot camp

I think that a charismatic person is nothing more than a person that is enthusiastic about everything and can start interesting topics. Charisma isn’t hocus pocus.

------------------
/Turbobird

dead_romeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your voice has alot to do with, if you speak in a confident tone it's way more effective than a bunch of errs & ummms.
Think of a teacher or anyone else that you enjoy listening to, not neccesarily because of what they're saying but how they speak.

-70% of what people notice is how you look.
-20% is how you sound.
-Only 10% is what you say.

I agree, some people are naturally the center of attention without trying to be so. Some practice at it.

------------------
"Conclusions arrived at through reasoning have very little or no influence in altering the course of our lives. Hence, the countless examples of people who have the clearest convictions and yet act diametrically against them time and time again; and have as the only explanation for their behavior the idea that to err is human." Carlos Castaneda - The Fire From Within

"It is the responsibility of the strong to help the weak become strong" - Harlan Ellison

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tips Forum

ChiTown Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I try to do at parties, if possible, is spend at least a few minutes talking to everyone. People often break into smaller groups, and it's a good idea to walk around and try to spend a little time with each one. You can almost pretend like you are hosting the party. It makes you look like a really social person, which women like, and gives you a chance to talk to all of the girls without looking like too much of a player. Then later you can focus your attention on the woman/women who give you the best buying signs.

THIAGO BRAZIL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COOL!
I have a party today!
LETS HAVE FUN!! UHU!!!

Retro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember that there is a very thin line between being the center of attraction and being the fool of the party.

Ive many times seen guys who try to get all the attention and they end up making an ass out of themselves. Thats because they dont know where to stop and keep on exaggerating thier action until it becomes annoying. Be careful and smart about your actions and never lose your charm. Oh and dont get too drunk people.

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Retro:
Just remember that there is a very thin line between being the center of attraction and being the fool of the party.

Ive many times seen guys who try to get all the attention and they end up making an ass out of themselves. Thats because they dont know where to stop and keep on exaggerating thier action until it becomes annoying. Be careful and smart about your actions and never lose your charm. Oh and dont get too drunk people.
Yeah. I think you are absolutely right! I have to confess that I think I have passed that line sometimes. Could you guys give examples of what people do to pass that line?

I think I passed the line once when I was hitting on all the chicks. I knew that they rejected me cause they knew all the others had rejected me, but I continued to hit on them and asking for numbers. Now days, I talk to everybody and concentrate more on having fun than getting numbers.

How do you guys think that a DJ should act? Is it good to for example sing a funny song? I have the worst possible singing voice and I can’t dance. Do you think it would be advantageous for me to do a show that is guaranteed to make everybody laugh? I know that Clint Eastwood never would have done anything like that, but could being able to make everybody laugh work as social proof?

------------------
/Turbobird

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pjam:

pjam,

You are wrong, as NLP says you can do anything.
Am l saying that if you practice golf your entire life you gonna play like Tiger Woods?
No
I am saying that you can Maximize you potential and live with that.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ESPN:

pjam,

You are wrong, as NLP says you can do anything.
Am l saying that if you practice golf your entire life you gonna play like Tiger Woods?
No
I am saying that you can Maximize you potential and live with that.
I don't agree with that. NOt because I would be scared of making an ass of my self at a party, but because I am not going to go out of my way to be somethign that I'm not. When I do go to parties, I go not to meet women, not to be the center of attention, but to dance(i love to dance), and see friends, and play spades(if there are any
). I mean if you are that type of center of attention person, then by all means, go ahead. Like i was at a club on day and I saw this cutie of a waitress, and she was the best dancer in the club by far, and she was dancing by herself, and all these guys were stirring at her like some goddess or somethining. The friend I was with ( a girl) was like "why don't you go up there and dance with her" in a joking fashion, so I said "ok". and I did. And we had a grind session in front of the whole club (we were on a stage). We had a good time, and even though i hadn't found this site, i knew she was interested, and could have gotten her number if she wasn't busy. So If you can do something you feel confortable doing to get attenion, then do it. but don't make an ass of yourself just to impress some tramp.

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker:
I don't agree with that. NOt because I would be scared of making an ass of my self at a party, but because I am not going to go out of my way to be somethign that I'm not.

And what exactly are you? How do you define ‘you’? If you have traits that isn’t effective, than you should go out of your way to improve them.

When I do go to parties, I go not to meet women, not to be the center of attention, but to dance(i love to dance), and see friends, and play spades(if there are any
).

Good. I enjoy myself too. But I know that being the center of attention is effective for attracting chicks, so I try to make that a part of my personality.

I mean if you are that type of center of attention person, then by all means, go ahead.

If you are that kind of person? Here we go again... What you think, you shall become. It’s nothing about you that cannot be changed. Even the way you think can be changed.

Like i was at a club on day and I saw this cutie of a waitress, and she was the best dancer in the club by far, and she was dancing by herself, and all these guys were stirring at her like some goddess or somethining. The friend I was with ( a girl) was like "why don't you go up there and dance with her" in a joking fashion, so I said "ok". and I did. And we had a grind session in front of the whole club (we were on a stage). We had a good time, and even though i hadn't found this site, i knew she was interested, and could have gotten her number if she wasn't busy.

Good done.

So If you can do something you feel confortable doing to get attenion, then do it. but don't make an ass of yourself just to impress some tramp.

Yeah. This is important: Don't make an ass of yourself. I think that the most important thing is to really enjoy what you are doing. They have to get the impression that you do what you do to just to have fun, and not to impress.

------------------
/Turbobird

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For one, I know exactly who I am. For instance, I am not going to get up in front of a crowd and start yelling, BUT if they had a dance contest or a hot body contest or something like that I would be the first to enter. Or if we were at a party and someone wanted to sing, I would play the paino for them.
What I am saying that by going out of your way to be the center of attention, you are saying to yourself that these women here are really important and I have to attract them. That is not the attitude a real dj has. I mean dont' get me wrong, of course I want chicks, lots of them, but I refuse to make an ASS out of myself to get them. If i see a babe I want I don't have to go and yell and make an ass of myself, i will just go talk to her if i want her that bad.
But whenever you do have a chance to "show off" what you can do, do it, it's good, but don't go out of your way and make an ass of myself to get attention. if you do that you are worse then thoose so callled drama queens we rant about all the time.

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker:
For one, I know exactly who I am. For instance, I am not going to get up in front of a crowd and start yelling, BUT if they had a dance contest or a hot body contest or something like that I would be the first to enter. Or if we were at a party and someone wanted to sing, I would play the paino for them.
What I am saying that by going out of your way to be the center of attention, you are saying to yourself that these women here are really important and I have to attract them. That is not the attitude a real dj has. I mean dont' get me wrong, of course I want chicks, lots of them, but I refuse to make an ASS out of myself to get them. If i see a babe I want I don't have to go and yell and make an ass of myself, i will just go talk to her if i want her that bad.
But whenever you do have a chance to "show off" what you can do, do it, it's good, but don't go out of your way and make an ass of myself to get attention. if you do that you are worse then thoose so callled drama queens we rant about all the time.
Okay. I see what you mean now, and I agree with you. It could make you look desperate and stupid if you don't have something to say that everybody is interested in. However, there are several occasions when a funny speech for example would be appropriate.

------------------
/Turbobird

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Turbobird:
Okay. I see what you mean now, and I agree with you. It could make you look desperate and stupid if you don't have something to say that everybody is interested in. However, there are several occasions when a funny speech for example would be appropriate.

Ok we are on the same page now.. and even with that.. if you actually have something funny to say.. go ahead, but if you don't.. please don't make an ass of yourself just to try to impress someone, the girls should be trying to get your attenion, not the other way around

------------------
"you have to swing the bat to hit a homerun, Babe Ruth led the league in home runs, but he also led the league in strikeouts as well"