Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My counselor has proposed a meeting between me and my ex-wife.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're probably suffering the loss of what you thought you had.

Honestly, it sounds like you dodged a bullet here.

Didn't take care of herself during the marriage, depression, possible BPD? Run away Forrest, run away...

Thank your lucky stars that you didn't suffer financially and that you can move on with your life and eventually find a better woman.

"It makes you wonder why, if they loved you so much like they claimed to, they couldn't make these changes during the marriage. It is incredibly hurtful and frustrating, because I never let myself go and actually became fitter during our marriage, while she got progressively fatter."

My ex did the same thing. Claimed that she loved me but all her actions spoke otherwise.

Never listen to what they say, look at what they do.

Work on yourself, figure out what you want, make yourself happy.

Everything else will follow that.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I dont believe in this "therapy option", I mean its about asking suggestion to solve problems to someone who gets money thanks to your problems.

It's no different than those guys which get paid to regrow burned forest which are paid to patrol the forests against pyromaniacs.

Also right now any profession which involves human factors is strongly polluted from mainstream thinking/politically correctness and that whole mass of bvllsh1t we all know, to this add that "she" is a woman and looks to me a recipe for a disaster.

If I were you in order to cut with your ex I would cut everything related to her beginning with the therapist you both used, once you breath fresh air all that sh1t is gonna go out of your mind.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your feelings are very natural. You have a positive love bank balance for your ex wife as she likely does too. If you didn't actually love her it wouldn't hurt you or her so that's something to consider. If you feel there is any chance you might want to be with your ex again on new terms I highly suggest you employ some tools from www.marriagebuilders.com you would be surprised how many marriages have turned around even after a divorce to remarry once both spouses implimented many of the excellent tools provided on that site that help rebuild intimacy. It saved my marriage and I have been married for darn near 15 years and with her for 20 . Heck read some of my posts and threads in the married guy forum here where I touch base and share some of the valuable tools they have available.

Some of you here may blast me for it because its not the typical " leave her and go spin plates" mantra but when it comes to love and long lasting ltr you have to find balance with both alpha and beta ways of approaching marriage. Marriage builders helps both spouses consider each others feelings and helps rebuild marriages in the worst of conditions.

In my opinion... Your marriage is fixable. You can creat compatability again. Check it out. Use both game and marriagebuilders at the right times in your marriage to make it last. Can't hurt to go look. Your gut is telling you something. Listen to it.

Epi

Reaction score
you need more no contact. bringing her back will guarantee that you have a 6 month setback. it's a terrible idea. You need at least 18mo of total no contact with her. And your last contact was only a month or so ago! So you really haven't been no contact with her. That's why it's so tough.

You aren't going back. You aren't going to marry her again. Seeing her again and rehashing the past is just going to bring up lots of feelings that you don't need right now. You are missing the highs and lows that came with being married to a woman like her. You are missing the drama and challenge of being married to a woman like that. But that wasn't healthy and is why you are divorced.

You need to continue no contact. And why do you need counseling from a woman who probably want to create one big happy romantic world where everything can go back to the way it was when you were in LUV? is it really worth the money you are spending on it?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few thoughts:

1) Your counsellor did not help you save your marriage. What makes you think she can help you now?

2) Your counsellor is a woman. A woman cannot teach you how to be a better man. Women do not - cannot - understand the way men function and perceive the world.

3) Your counsellor gets paid by the session. The more sessions you attend, the more money she makes. Don't be surprised if, after that "one time" meeting with your ex, she recommends further meetings to address "unresolved issues".

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will give my say here, though it was already said.

you are doing ok, it takes time, now ehre is the thing, woman like and love to talk about they feelings, mens don't. why? talking about it don't solve anything we don't talk we act even though I use psychology to a certain lvl to guess a possible action from others and to make then do a wrong move, I don't belive talking about it will solve anything.

so what I would say is drop that therapist, if you still want to talk with one search another see if it will work, if not look for another, having a good friend to talk about it would help more but don't belive you can do it since you said you had several common friends.

I say keep going take your time and more important relax, you are too tense trying to not look weak, a vacation if possible will be good, any place you wanted to visit but couldn't because the marriage? now is a good time

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found a new therapist and plan on visiting with him next Monday after work. I’ll follow up with our old marriage counselor next week to cancel my appointment.

I've got a few questions I want to ask....

1. Do you think my wife actually still loves me? Is this why she attempted to treat me like sh!t when we last met? I feel like she would have been pretty relaxed if she was really over us. She was being really dismissive of everything I was saying and acting like I was burden to her. I guess these actions left me more confused then actually hurt.

2. We still live in the same town but I have not seen her...this has been a bit of a blessing. How the hell do I treat her when I end up seeing her in public? Ignore? Say hello? Be an *******?

Sorry for asking so much advice...just a tough time. Thanks.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
expos said:
I have found a new therapist and plan on visiting with him next Monday after work. I’ll follow up with our old marriage counselor next week to cancel my appointment.

I've got a few questions I want to ask....

1. Do you think my wife actually still loves me? Is this why she attempted to treat me like sh!t when we last met? I feel like she would have been pretty relaxed if she was really over us. She was being really dismissive of everything I was saying and acting like I was burden to her. I guess these actions left me more confused then actually hurt.

2. We still live in the same town but I have not seen her...this has been a bit of a blessing. How the hell do I treat her when I end up seeing her in public? Ignore? Say hello? Be an *******?

Sorry for asking so much advice...just a tough time. Thanks.
1. Doesn't matter.

2. With indifference. Be civil, say 'hi' but don't engage in any prolonged discussions. If she asks how you're doing, say "I'm doing great. Have to run to my appointment; see you around".

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
expos said:
1. Do you think my wife actually still loves me?
Maybe, maybe not. But you MUST convince yourself that either she DOESN'T, or that she is incapable of doing so. Any other thoughts will just rattle round in your head and keep you from moving on. This one is done. Instead of focusing on all those good feelings that you're missing (and will for some time) focus on all her problems.

Try this. Imagine life for the next six months to a year. It may suck, you may slowly get over her, you may meet a few nice girls. In a years time, you'll be over her, and maybe have hooked up with a pretty nice lady.

OTOH, if you keep focusing on thoughts of "does she still love me," in a year from now, you'll be EXACTLY where you are now. OR WORSE.

Be polite. A few words, and then get going. Only talk to her if she initiates the conversation. Even then, cut and run within 30 seconds.

I have no idea where you live, what your personal morals are, or what your financial situation is.

But one thing that may help is to find a good rub-n-tug in your neighborhood. And then go have a professional take care of you when you start thinking about "the way things were."

A nice massage and a handy can do wonders for your emotional state. May even be cheaper, and better, than a therapist.

http://www.rubmaps.com/

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Maybe, maybe not. But you MUST convince yourself that either she DOESN'T, or that she is incapable of doing so. Any other thoughts will just rattle round in your head and keep you from moving on.
Thanks for this. I agree.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
A few thoughts:

1) Your counsellor did not help you save your marriage. What makes you think she can help you now?

2) Your counsellor is a woman. A woman cannot teach you how to be a better man. Women do not - cannot - understand the way men function and perceive the world.

3) Your counsellor gets paid by the session. The more sessions you attend, the more money she makes. Don't be surprised if, after that "one time" meeting with your ex, she recommends further meetings to address "unresolved issues".
Quoted for truth.

Harvey_Poon

Don Juan
Reaction score
expos said:
My wife had terrible depression, possibly BPD (undiagnosed),
This is the root of the problem right here, if your wife has BPD.

expos said:
she took it as an opportunity to basically give me this verbal beatdown, tell me she was “seeing someone”
She couldn't wait to stick the knife deeper inside when she had her chance. This is what BPD women do very well, they can't wait to hurt you at every opportunity they can get. She wanted you to know she has moved on so you can be depressed. She wanted to knock you down even more, because she still wants to control your emotions and feelings. This is a big part of your problem and why you feel the way you do. She told you she was seeing someone, she was probably very cold as well, and this has affected you. You are upset because she has moved on and you haven't. BPD women always move on but they always come back to hurt you. Don't let her do that to you.

expos said:
After divorcing in November, I went through this incredibly tough grieving phase. I started missing my wife for some reason despite being on several dates and kissing a few girls.
BPD women are different than other girls, they are amazing and exciting at first, you never met anyone like them. Other girls will be boring compared to them, so you will miss your wife for what she was at the beginning. But this was just all an act, so you have to understand that the side she showed you at first, will never be shown to you again.

expos said:
However, I cannot shake the feelings of my wife no matter how hard I try. I’ve got tons of hobbies, I am busy all the time with work and social stuff. I’ve got tons of girls and friends I’m always talking to, but when I wake up, the first thought on my mind is my ex-wife.
You still feel a loss because of her, so doing other hobbies will temporarily block her out, but at the times you least expect, she will creep back into your mind. Your thoughts control your feelings, and your feelings control your actions. So, you think of your wife not being there, and you get depressed.

expos said:
She finally just stated that maybe it would be wise to pull the ex-wife back for a session with me and work out these problems and get to the very root of what is bothering me.
This counselor sounds like a crackpot to me, because your previous sessions never got down to the root of the problem either. There is no reason to have another session with your ex wife. You should have no contact with her at all. Each time you see her or talk to her, that will prevent you from trying to heal and move on with your life. Your ex wife will just berate you anyway, while she tells you it was all your fault. You won't get down to the root of the problem because BPD women will never accept any responsibility. She won't accept any fault or take any blame. She isn't programmed to do that, because in her demented mind, she has to shift all the blame to you. So, she will just blame you, for everything, while the root of the problem still will go untouched. The root of the problem is her, because of the disorder that she has. You need to recognize that, because her disorder is what caused your marriage to fail, and what is still causing you your grief now.

expos said:
At this point, I am confused on what I need to do to move on. The counselor says that maybe behind closed doors some “real talk” might happen that might be beneficial to the both of us. The counselor says that my wife is still very hurt by our divorce, probably still in love with me, and that’s why she was very defensive and tried to inflict pain on me in order to protect herself.
BPD women are incapable of love, they love to inflict pain on the men who love them. These women are nuts, as well as your counselor. If she was in love with you, why would she inflict pain on you? You won't get any "real talk" from any sessions. You will just come out of the session feeling more miserable and more confused than you were before. Your ex wife will always try to keep power or some type of hold over you. She wants you to feel weak and powerless so she can control you. The more power you give her, the less chance you have to move on. As long you keep these depressed feelings, she will continue to hold power over you, because you can never escape her torment. Even when she is no longer inflicting any pain on you.

You have to realize that is NOT your fault. Your ex wife will want you to believe that it is your fault. You know that she might have a disorder, so she is the cause of your problems.

Your main problem is, that you are confused to as why someone you thought was so amazing could hurt you as much as she did. You feel hurt, betrayed, weak, and maybe mad at yourself for allowing all this to take place. You feel a loss because you thought you had something great, when she was never great to begin with. You have to let go of all these feelings, if you want to start your first step in the process of recovery.

You need to start your first step in recovery by letting all those emotions go away. As with everything you do in life, you make a decision, then you follow through with the process. You need to make that decision when you're ready to finally do that. Because if you don't let loose of those emotions, meeting new women, or doing hobbies won't cure the problem. It will still linger on.

She doesn't care about you, she never did, so you have to understand that. She only cares about herself, and hurting others around her.

Your ex wife is just fine without you. She has moved on to another man, and is doing everything that she did for you, now with him. That will only last for a while until she turns on him as well. These women never change, they repeat the same behavior with different men.

Now that you know that, you can begin your recovery. Don't let your emotions keep you hostage while you allow an awful person to keep you feeling miserable. She is busy doing her thing with her own life not caring about you. So, you need to get yourself in check and not let her keep you down. Don't go through more days feeling miserable about her, especially over someone that doesn't care about you.

Get out a piece of paper, and write everything down that is bothering you about this situation. Write down anything like how you feel about yourself, your emotions, your guilt, what you are feeling depressed about. Then write down everything about her, how she treated you, what she did to you, how she changed, things that happened. Go over that really well for a few days. You should find out what is going on that is making you feel the way you do. Then after that, you can start to attack your actual problem that is hurting you. This is the most important part of your recovery. To recognize your problem, accepting what your problem is, dealing with the problem, then to make sure that the problem you had, won't be an issue that is affecting you.

Find a really good friend that you can trust, also one that is a good listener. Make sure that it is not a woman. Then tell that person what your problem is, what you realize that is preventing you from moving on from your wife. You have to admit what is bothering you before you can finally let loose of those emotions of what is setting you back. Have a good talk and don't keep anything hidden. You have to let all that go before you can recover. Admitting what your problem is, begins your first step to recovery, also to let someone know what your problem is, will help you release what is holding you back from moving on.

Once you do that, you will release all your depressed feelings that you have, the root of the problem will be cured, then you can begin the next step which is moving on with your life without having to live in depression of your ex wife.

Good Luck moving forward in your recovery,

Harvey Poon

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, let me offer a bit of advice. Never, EVER see a female counselor. When a man needs to talk and hash things out as a man, he needs male energy and perspective, not female.

OP, half (or more) of your problem is that you're seeing this woman as a counselor, the same one who was your so-called "marriage counselor". Dump her. If you need to still get counseling, go to see a man.

Think carefully about this.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Harvey Poon for that breakdown.

I diagnosed her myself as BPD after she gave me that verbal beatdown in March. Talking to her that day...nearly five months after our divorce was official...I sensed something completely off about her. She was treating me almost like a stranger whereas our meetings in the previous November she seemed basically like herself and more civil. I can only wonder what transpired in months that caused her to behave so poorly.

I think she was also lying about seeing someone. We have mutual friends and they've said basically nothing about her with another guy...there is no social proof...so I think this was merely to put crap into my head and hurt me.

I am leaving my old counselor next week and have found a new one, a male, that has dealt with BPD recovery. He seems like he'll be a good fit, based on our brief discussion and I'll be seeing him next Monday.

I really do miss her at times. Despite some rough patches, we really did have something good. Other times, her depression just sucked the life out of her. She got really fat, withhold sex for months, and just sort of shut down. This was her as she had a history of depression, it was not me, but I felt I like was the root of the problem because it was a happening on my watch.

Do you know how painful it is to see her thin again? She'll always blame our relationship as the reason she was depressed. I tried so much to help her. But she will never come back to me, as I'll always be associated with her personal tailspin.

We had to live together for 5 months after we separated until our house sold and we made things civil and work in regards to the situation. People thought this was quite incredible given the circumstances. When I left the house and got my own place, we both hugged each other and cried. Remembering moments like these makes me think she actually did have a heart and loved me.

This break up is so hard to understand. I love this person, but I had to ask to leave them.

Today is especially rough because today would have been the 4th anniversary of our wedding day. I feel so much loss and regret...it's so hard not to reach out to her today. If she was even sympathetic or empathetic I wouldn't have felt bad about talking to her once in awhile to make sure she was alright, but unfortunately she is not that way. If she was, we would have been still married.

I'm trying, really trying to feel better.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are now going to start healing because you have changed counselors. The woman you've been seeing has been a lingering low-grade infection that has kept you from being able to heal. I'll bet you will come to realize she was doing more harm than good.

You've just opened the door to better things, my man. Keep the faith, stay NC. Have you removed everything from your environment that reminds you of her? You're not listening to songs that meant something between you and her? I have learned that this is not avoidance but rather a necessary healing tool. New chapter.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
You are now going to start healing because you have changed counselors. The woman you've been seeing has been a lingering low-grade infection that has kept you from being able to heal. I'll bet you will come to realize she was doing more harm than good.

You've just opened the door to better things, my man. Keep the faith, stay NC. Have you removed everything from your environment that reminds you of her? You're not listening to songs that meant something between you and her? I have learned that this is not avoidance but rather a necessary healing tool. New chapter.
I don't have much left of her. When I moved, I grabbed a big box and put my wedding ring, wedding album, vacation photos, and a few engagement photos into it and taped it shut. One day, once healed, I plan to reopen it and sort of reflect on what happened. It's stored away in a closet and not really accessible. So, nothing is sitting within vision that torments me.

Songs don't bother me.

What is tough is that she is still around, somewhere close, living, working, etc. I feel like moving out of town and getting a new job is almost the best option at times.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's good, regarding the items.

Remember that in most cases, when we feel these things we are often feeling the loss of an idealized, imaginary person (what we thought/hoped she would be) and not the flawed person who actually exists. What makes this all the harder is the natural addiction that occurs from female companionship. In essence we become addicted to female affectations more than the person herself.

The best thing you could have done for yourself was to get rid of the female therapist. That female energy and world-view are positively toxic to you, especially since she was unable to help your marriage.

Hang tough, man. You're on your way to rebuilding yourself and you will see that the idealized woman that touches your emotions is not the flesh & blood woman you've actually been dealing with. So much regret comes from "It could have been", but the reality is that there is no "It could have been". It is what it had to be, given the awareness of all individuals involved. What matters is what you're going to do for yourself now.

Reaction score
expos why did you get divorced? your idea? her idea? what precipitated you filing? it sounds like you ended the marriage and usually that person comes out fairly strong? this is curious.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_untold_history said:
expos why did you get divorced? your idea? her idea? what precipitated you filing? it sounds like you ended the marriage and usually that person comes out fairly strong? this is curious.
THIS WILL BE A LONG, LONG POST.

The beginning:
We worked together in the same office building but different departments. Was called into a meeting in her department and I see this semi-overweight girl with a beautiful face. We locked eyes and couldn't stop staring at each other. For the next couple of weeks, this girl basically stalked me. Always trying to talk to me in cafeteria. Following me out to my car after work. Found me online, emailed me and we exchanged numbers.

First date, Italian restaurant. AMAZING conversation. Never had a connection like that on the first date. Went back to her place afterwards and watched TV. Ended up making out for two hours.

Relationship develops in a way that I lose attraction to her for some reason after 3 weeks of dating. Not sure why. I ask to maybe be friends. Two weeks later I have a change of heart and we start hanging out again. In the two weeks we were apart, she had apparently gotten drunk with a friend because she was upset about me dumping her and made out with some random guy at a bar and didn't tell me about it. I get back together with her not knowing this, only finding out because I was playing with her digital camera and found pics of her making out with this guy.

I promptly dump her again. She bombards me with crying voice mails, emails, texts, fighting like an animal to get me back. I go for No Contact for two weeks and stupidly give her another chance.

She drops a ton of weight while dating me to impress me. She looks INCREDIBLE. After a month of dating, and her constantly wanting to bang me, I finally give in and fvck her.

A year later, I propose and 7 months later we are married.

1. The sex died basically right after the honeymoon. We were married in May 2009, honeymooned in June, and didn't have sex again until August. We bought a house, diamonds, new cars, got a dog, sort of fulfilling all her dreams in the first few months of marriage. Bad move. My wife immediately then puts on all this weight and became depressed. We then went to marriage counseling the following January. Sex became maybe once month. As terrible as this sounds, we maybe had sex 15 times as a married couple. I would try to initiate and she just didn't feel like it...was embarassed of her body and her anti-depressants killed her libido...but I didn't buy it. She did not like to hug me or even kiss me. I once leaned in to kiss her cheek and she literally shuddered.

She was on cymbalta, strattera, lamictal, and I forget. Doesn't matter now.

Our sex life was INCREDIBLE while we were dating. 5 days a week at least and sometimes twice an afternoon on the weekends. I fvcked her silly. We both talked about how we loved to fvck each other.

2. She began hating my hobbies and my friends, even my family. I was a competitive distance/track runner and she hated the time I spent training - even though I scheduled all of my training runs so they didn't conflict with our time together. Running was my only hobby. She thought my most of my friends were "weird" (they are perfectly normal). Would be nice to their faces, but on the car ride home she would trash them to my face. She hated my mother, and thought my brother was a loser (far from it) and was not afraid to tell me these things. I never said an ill word about her family (who loved me, by the way).

3. She had almost no friends or social life outside of me. No hobbies. Her bridesmaids and maid of honor don't even talk to her anymore. Was dependent on me and her mother for happiness.

4. Constant trashing of everything I did. Not making enough money at work. Little things like leaving the air conditioning on during the day when we weren't home. Not putting away dishes correctly. Putting too much detergent in with the clothes. Just dumb stuff that became evening-wrecking issues. I had to constantly walk on eggshells, watch everything I said, and pacify this 28-year old child. I became AFC to save our marriage....as counseling clearly wasn't working.

5. The deal breaker: KIDS. She wanted a kid a year into marriage. All of her friends were having kids and she wanted one too. I put my foot down because she wasn't FVCKING me. She didn't want to do anything to create intimacy. Once I put my foot down about children and demanded more attempts at affection (yes, you need to have sex to have a child) she started to devalue me.

She displayed absolutely no *****iness, weight gain, or lack of sex drive in the two years we dated. Once the ring went on, I got devalued fast.

We had a really bad massive blowup last summer. Really bad. My biggest problem is that I bottle my emotions and release them at once, and I just got sick of her constant bull**** and told her I wanted out. She immediately left the house and sobbed for a one and a half weeks at her parent's house. I stayed at our house and it felt like a massive weight had lifted of my shoulders. I then went into denial and felt unaffected by anything. She came back the house withdrawn and quiet and made no attempts to reconcile. We lived in the house post-separation from March 2012 to late August 2012, co-habitating and being very civil and respectful. She eventually ended up filing (she asked to) and I was fine with it.

When I left the house with my last box of items on September 1, she started sobbing again. I started crying too...and I felt absolutely terrible about leaving her for good. It was completely bizarre and did not feel right AT ALL.

November 2012, divorce day at the courthouse. She is emotionless, cold, and has lost a lot of weight due to stress. NO CONTACT ensues.

I feel absolutely no grief or loss until February 2013, when for whatever reason, I start feeling really strange. Thoughts of her creep into my head and I start to miss her and I have no clue why. I email her regarding taxes...we agree to meet in March.

March 2013 - 5pm. She calls me at work and is very sweet on the phone confirming our meeting time. An hour later I meet her at the tax office and she is dressed in almost knee-high boots, jeans, sexy top and makeup. It is 6pm on weeknight and we both work 9-5 jobs. Clearly overdressed for the occasion and trying to impress. She is texting the entire time and when I ask her ANY QUESTIONS regarding financial stuff she is completely dismissive and looks annoyed by my presence. Just uncalled-for behavior. After our meeting, I stand with her in the parking lot and ask if we can talk for a second and get some closure. She looks annoyed again and we agree to sit in her car and talk for about 10 minutes. I ask her how she is doing and she is giving short, abrupt answers to everything. I ask her some more questions about our marriage and she just shrugs her shoulders. She then begins to tell me the following:

1. I ask her if she moved back in the area (she lived with a friend out of town for a few months). "I do live in the area now but I don't need to tell you where I live."

2. "This is the last time we ever have to meet, I don't need to see you anymore. I moved on."

3. "I am seeing someone now" I ask her if I know him. She looks at me for a long time with a blank stare and says "no." I feel she is lying to me.

4. States that her new slogan is "the universe will unfold exactly how it should". I look at her like she is insane.

I leave her car...and that was the last time I ever saw my wife.

She looked and acted like a complete stranger. I wondered what happened to the girl I walked down the aisle with.

20 days later, and completely hurt and pissed by what she said to me that night, I decide to get closure my way and write her a 5 paragraph good-bye letter. It is not complimentary nor is it mean. I explained the commitment I had to her, how my love never wavered, how I chose not to ever hate her, and said goodbye. I kept it in my possession for a while.

My parents read it and cried. My therapist read it and cried.

I finally mailed it to her work address. No response.

After I mailed it, I fell into this deep depression. Food didn't taste good, I stopped training, I lost 10 pounds. I sucked at my job, but no one noticed thankfully.

Started dating in April and made out with a few girls. No sparks. No excitement. I still have a few that are into me, but I'm trying to fake my happiness.

I recently started missing the good times with my wife as we did have some pretty good memories and companionship. We went through a lot together and I have a considerable amount of emotional investment in her. I love VERY HARD and I don't commit unless I feel it with every fiber of my being. She was THE ONE, or at least I thought. We were a perfect match on paper and when she was her prettiest, people would often comment on how we were absolutely perfect for each other. Looks, intelligence, backgrounds were all very similar.

Truth is, even though I initiated it, I have more emotional depth than she ever capable of giving and that is why I hurt as much as I do. I married a sick, selfish individual with BPD who is not capable of giving anything back.

People are objects to her, life is a timeline, happiness is all appearance.

Thanks for reading.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love VERY HARD...She was THE ONE, or at least I thought.

And this was the first time for you that "the one" didn't work out, right? I think everybody goes through that at some point. It is part of growing up emotionally, and it can happen at any age. Eventually you realize that "the one" comes around several times over the course of your life. And you are just as complete of a person with or without any one particular woman.