My counselor has proposed a meeting between me and my ex-wife.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not sure what meeting her is going to accomplish. I understand that you 'miss' the idea and comfort of being married, but do you really miss her? I mean really? It sounds like the time that you were married was a disaster. I am not saying don't see her, but go into it looking for closure, not to reconcile. She is not ever going to be the 'one'. She was one. But not the 'one'. When you meet the right one? All of those troubles that you described in your marriage will never happen, and you will laugh at yourself for being such a dumbazz and actually missing that.

Good luck.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
I am not sure what meeting her is going to accomplish. I understand that you 'miss' the idea and comfort of being married, but do you really miss her? I mean really? It sounds like the time that you were married was a disaster. I am not saying don't see her, but go into it looking for closure, not to reconcile. She is not ever going to be the 'one'. She was one. But not the 'one'. When you meet the right one? All of those troubles that you described in your marriage will never happen, and you will laugh at yourself for being such a dumbazz and actually missing that.

Good luck.
I just don't know what is wrong with me. I was fine for 8 months and then I started falling apart. I feel like I just cannot shake her. I think I do miss seeing her and talking with her. My parents were able to talk some sense into me last night, but then I wake up this morning and I'm into her again. :confused:

Part of me is really trying to be strong and go No Contact. Another part wants me to contact her and either she'll beat me down again or will want to work on it.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you have to accept expos is that you have no choice.
By even fantasizing about contacting her and getting your fix, you are preventing your own healing.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to turn things around, only prolong the NC. It's going to take time, that cannot be prevented.
How long it takes is up to you.

The sooner you accept the "NC no matter what!", the sooner this pain will start to dissipate.

Do accept this and stop keeping yourself in the moment. It's not healthy for you.

SH

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SecondHalf said:
What you have to accept expos is that you have no choice.
By even fantasizing about contacting her and getting your fix, you are preventing your own healing.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to turn things around, only prolong the NC. It's going to take time, that cannot be prevented.
How long it takes is up to you.

The sooner you accept the "NC no matter what!", the sooner this pain will start to dissipate.

Do accept this and stop keeping yourself in the moment. It's not healthy for you.

SH
Thanks.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EXPOS.....

I agree with Burroughs and Atom Smasher. Burroughs said therapy is a scam, and while I wouldn't use that word, all it is is you paying someone to listen to you spill your guts. Atom Smasher was correct that you shouldn't be doing this with a female.

Let me ask you this question: Has ANYTHING good come from seeing this counselor? Sounds to me like ever since you started seeing her, sh*t has gone straight downhill.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's the counselor that is giving me problems, it's that she isn't helping me get through it.

If I have to see a therapist it just needs to be one who will seriously knock some sense into me. It is all in my head and nobody is telling me it's a good idea to talk with my ex again but my stupid fvcking mind is not letting go of my feelings.

I know this will be a process and I just really have to tough it out for my well being.

Reaction score
expos said:
I just don't know what is wrong with me. I was fine for 8 months and then I started falling apart. I feel like I just cannot shake her. I think I do miss seeing her and talking with her. My parents were able to talk some sense into me last night, but then I wake up this morning and I'm into her again. :confused:

Part of me is really trying to be strong and go No Contact. Another part wants me to contact her and either she'll beat me down again or will want to work on it.
Dude, you haven't been NC with her. You've been in contact with her on a regular basis, and in March you had major contact where she messed with your world by not acknowledging the letter you wrote. So you haven't been using the magic of NC to heal. that diss when she didn't respond to your letter damaged you badly. Sending those kind of letters can cause more harm than good. Writing the letter, then destroying it would have been healthier approach. You cannot hand your emotional life over to someone with BPD. They will hurt you. she found a way to have the last word. She got her revenge. You're feeling the effects of that one massive piece of emotional contact that went totally unrewarded.

You're smarting. Now you need to get some NC time in the bank. If you contact her you are going back to square one and you will delay your healing. Divorce is a big deal and it requires time to heal. Time. but you have to get through it with NC.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
expos said:
I don't think it's the counselor that is giving me problems, it's that she isn't helping me get through it.

If I have to see a therapist it just needs to be one who will seriously knock some sense into me. It is all in my head and nobody is telling me it's a good idea to talk with my ex again but my stupid fvcking mind is not letting go of my feelings.

I know this will be a process and I just really have to tough it out for my well being.

I don't know about you but conseling never would work for me, and you are bashing you again, dude I told you to relax, your mind will do tricks and you will be thinking about her from time to time but don't let that get you, if you feel like crying to it alone, then take a bath go sleep that day is done, just do things you want, over time you will stop thinking about her because you will ahve a better life. but you need to stop this self blame/pity you are doing.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went home for a few days and got my head straight. Hung out with my dad a little bit and had some pretty good guy talk.

Came back yesterday and saw one of her friends Sunday afternoon while walking into a bar with my buddy after a barbecue. We talked a little bit and she said that she was sorry to hear about my divorce (she has known about it for awhile). She then went on to say that my ex "thinks the world of me".

WTF.

I just shut my mouth and changed the subject.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know you're hurting, but seriously, you dodged a MAJOR bullet here.

A woman like that doesn't get better, they get worse (I know from painful experience).

Run away! Don't look back! Start spinning plates and learn to live on your own again and to figure out what you want from life and a woman.

Good luck!

-Augustus

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I love VERY HARD...She was THE ONE, or at least I thought.

And this was the first time for you that "the one" didn't work out, right? I think everybody goes through that at some point. It is part of growing up emotionally, and it can happen at any age. Eventually you realize that "the one" comes around several times over the course of your life. And you are just as complete of a person with or without any one particular woman.

This here is the waking up point, the swallowing of the red pill that most men are forced to go through no matter how "alpha" or "beta" they are. The Disney rubbish that majority of men are fed as children is shattered when one realizes the above statement made by Bible.

Some can shrug it off and say "game on" others (the vast majority) go through pain and self doubt and most of the time try and make things work because they are not willing to accept the truth and make things worse for themselves.

Having said all this and having read everything written here all I'm going to say is STOP SEEING THE SHRINK.

You don't need to "talk it out" we are men we are not wired like women to sort out our problems and issues by talking through them, we are biologically programmed to sort out problems by ourselves and learn from our mistakes by actually doing things and taking action.

You have to realize that the ex was wrong for you no matter what is going through your head she was not the right type of woman for you. You have to realize that there will be many more woman much better then her.

For now you need to go ghost, tie up any loose ends and cut all contact, delete that rubbish called facebook, hell all social networking sites are a waste of time that can bet better spend learning a new art/trade/skill. Learn to enjoy being by yourself, too many men never learn to live by themselves and truly enjoy the freedom that comes with not having to answer to anyone.

After 6 months have passed and you have learned to be happy on your own its time start adding people that add value to your life ........ they don't add happiness that comes from you they only add value.

Good luck on your journey.

P.S the ex does not exist anymore she's just a stranger now, forget her and move on ............ but don't forget the lessons you learned.

May_Day

Don Juan
Reaction score
expos said:
Relationship develops in a way that I lose attraction to her for some reason after 3 weeks of dating.

In the two weeks we were apart, she had apparently gotten drunk with a friend because she was upset about me dumping her and made out with some random guy at a bar

She bombards me with crying voice mails, emails, texts, fighting like an animal to get me back.

The sex died basically right after the honeymoon. We were married in May 2009, honeymooned in June, and didn't have sex again until August.

My wife immediately then puts on all this weight and became depressed.

we maybe had sex 15 times as a married couple. I would try to initiate and she just didn't feel like it...was embarassed of her body and her anti-depressants killed her libido...but I didn't buy it. She did not like to hug me or even kiss me. I once leaned in to kiss her cheek and she literally shuddered.

She was on cymbalta, strattera, lamictal

She began hating my hobbies and my friends, even my family.

She had almost no friends or social life outside of me.

Constant trashing of everything I did.

Once I put my foot down about children and demanded more attempts at affection (yes, you need to have sex to have a child) she started to devalue me.
After reading this, you should be glad that you are done with her.

expos said:
When I left the house with my last box of items on September 1, she started sobbing again. I started crying too...and I felt absolutely terrible about leaving her for good. It was completely bizarre and did not feel right AT ALL.]
She is trying to manipulate you into feeling guilty

expos said:
I recently started missing the good times with my wife]
A few good times, does not equal all the bad times you had.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May_Day said:
A few good times, does not equal all the bad times you had.
I'm with May_Day here. After reading your description of her and your marriage, WHY would you be wanting this back in your life? As for the good times, you can always have good times with a new girl. Quit looking backwards, quit wallowing in the past, and move on with your life.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw the male shrink yesterday. He was pretty brutally honest after I essentially told him the entire story posted above.

His thoughts:

1. He said that the love I had for her was unhealthy love in that she couldn't return as much as I gave. This is the number one reason not to be with her.

2. My ex-wife has painted me black and moved on. Shrink feels she does not care what I'm doing or think about me at all. I don't matter to her. Because I feel love in a healthy way, I'll always think about her in some way/shape/form and feel sadness. As for the ex-wife, she has basically swept me under the rug and will never really acknowledge that I existed.

3. Don't think for a second that your ex-wife is some new and improved person. She may look pretty on the surface, but all of those issues are still there and will come back.

4. He also stated that I am in moderate to severe depression and that he is going to get me out of it.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Expos,

Please realise this -- this woman is a CANCER. She will KILL you just like a malignant tumour grows inside your body and destroys it. She will destroy you if you allow her back into your life. I am sorry to be so descriptive with my metaphor because it is quite sickening, but I am afraid it is the truth.

No woman, and I mean NO WOMAN is worth dying inside over, or dying fullstop.

I caught Herpes a year or so ago, and so left the GAME. Even though my 'disease' gave me nothing but minor symptoms and it is a laughably unserious skin condition, it carries a huge stigma in the west so I no longer persue women. So yes, I have not had sex in over a year.

Why do I bring this up? Because -- once you realise that the main reason you give women the time of day is only because you want to fvck them, you realise how insignificant they really are. Think about it -- you are obviously not gay right -- so do you do the beta things like buy your best buddy dinner, buy him roses, play a Peter Gabriel song "In your eyes" or whatever it was called, from a boombox outside the window of some chick like John Cusack did in one of his sickly romantic comedies? No you don't, because you don't want to fcvk your best buddy do you.

This does not mean I "hate" on women now, or don't believe they can not add value to your life. But they must add value on YOUR TERMS not on theirs. This is not sexist. This is what nature intended. Does not mean you have to be a muslim wife beater, but it does mean you need to shape any future relationship with a woman in a manner that is totally foreign to how you have shaped them in the past.

What I am saying is this: Once you no longer can fvck women (forced on me in my case, perhaps a flawed moral decision on my part but there you have it) you lose all desire to mix and associate with women on any level other than what may be required in your profession -- at least I did.

When I see a woman now, I don't see her as a potential fvck partner for reasons stated, I see her as just another person, and you know what? Almost without fail you realise why all the great inventions, the great writing, the great civilisations of the world were all created by men.

Try go back to the cave or hunter gatherer days in your mind. You think the men back then gave a sh!t what women thought about anything? A womens job was to look after the kids and cook the kill that you brought back from a days hunting with your other male warriors.
I am not saying cavemen were not affectionate to their women and their kids, what I am saying is, is that a MAN can survive and thrive without the input of women in his life.

I hesitate to say that catching the herp was the best thing that happened to me, because I would prefer not to have it due to the stigma. However -- it has been a life changer in terms of exposing to me the truth about women and their place in your life.

What I have said here will not resonate with white knighters and manginas, of which there are some on this mature man board -- or at least there were as you have been given some great advice in this thread I must admit -- but you must realise that the myth of a woman with a 'Mother Theresa personality' combined with the body of a young Elle McPherson just does not exist.

You must move on from this Kunt (sorry that is what she is if what you have described is accurate). You may or may not find a decent woman in the future that adds value on YOUR TERMS, but let me tell you this: Women are not a prerequisite to you having a happy fulfilling life as a man. Once you realise this your life will change -- though of course I hope it does not take catching an STD to force you to realise this. You can at least still get your rocks off and spin some plates, but keep the mindset that I have proffered here and you will go well.

Good luck.

Zunder.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Expos, if you choose to rise above all of this, you will eventually come to peace with all of it. And when you do you will feel a sense of accomplishment because this will probably be one of the toughest things you will ever have to face in your life. Look at this as a mission to make yourself a better/stronger person that can take whatever life throws at him. Thats what being ALPHA is all about.

And most likely this exwife of yours isn't thinking of you. She's got you blocked out of her mind right now. But there will come a time where she can't keep her thoughts of you suppressed. This is when regret starts to set in and she'll realize what a good deal she had. This will fuhk with her mental stability more than you ever could. She'll be punished for her pathetic ways.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: My ex-wife seems to be melting down. 80 Days No Contact.

In the past few days:

1. She has been looking at my LinkedIn profile...and probably my Facebook profile. She never blocked me and I've never blocked her. I've been tagged in a few posts with this girl I've been seeing via Foursquare. I've also got photos of us on few travels. She probably has seen this proof and flipped.

2. Has started a massive de-friending campaign of our mutual friends on Facebook.

3. Has added and removed old boyfriends. Weird.

Thoughts?

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
expos said:
Update: My ex-wife seems to be melting down. 80 Days No Contact
Thoughts?
Yes, you're worrying way to much about this.
Written in between the lines of your last post, are hints of what you want to know and why. Maybe it's just ego ... only you know for sure.

When I divorced after a 14 year marriage, I would look for meaning everywhere. I assumed I did this to see her fall flat on her face and I'd maybe get some pride back.

Fact is, she did fall on her face, she did want to come back, and for a spell I got some pride back.

In the long run though, it just kept me somewhat tied to the past for longer than was necessary. The relationship was broken. We where broke up. The best I could hope for again was a broken relationship.

Do yourself a favor and think about why you are indulging these questions? Are the answers going to help you?

SH

donking

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this thread combined with the other one about the ex's dog in the married forum shows how OP is still too obsessed...