Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Approach Journal

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Decide. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I wanted to make an approach before I posted here again as motivation.

I do street approaches because I like a good challenge and the streets are usually filled with a larger pool of HBs, so I see it as a golden opportunity to improve myself if I ever do master street approaches. But, I'm definitely open to other suggestions. I must admit, street approaches are also the most difficult.

Approach #10
HB7.5 is walking in the opposite direction to me. She looks a little older than me.
Me: Excuse me! I thought you were really cute and just wanted to say hi
HB7.5: Aww haha! *continues walking on*
Me: Wha...

Approaches: 10
Ph nos: 0
BJ's: 0
Lays: 0

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #11
At a crowded public setting, a HB8 is walking in the opposite direction to me.
Me: Excuse me. I thought you were really cute and just wanted to say hi
HB8: Thank you (very politely as if she's heard it 999x before)
Then, she continues on walking

Approaches: 11
Ph No's: 0

don't worry, i'm not giving up anytime soon. i just need to make more approaches i know

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #12
As I'm walking down the railway platform, I spot a HB7 with earphones on playing with her smartphone from a distance. As I walk past her, my head is still locked on to her, as I'm digging her looks. I slowly stop in my tracks with my head turned towards her to my right. "F*** it* I tell myself and go for the approach. It's been awhile anyways. I turn my entire body to face her and...

Me: Hi
HB7: Hi *takes off earphones*
Me: What's your name?
HB7: --
Me: *shake hands* Nice to meet you. I'm --. Where are you from?
HB7: Around here
Me: Oh so you grew up here!
HB7: No. I grew up in -- (some distant city I know nothing about)
Me: Nice. So are you going to work right now?
HB7: Yea
Me: Cool... where do you work?
HB7: A -- firm
Me: Cool. Where is that?
HB7: --
Me: Did you say -- street?
HB7: No --
Me: Oh ok cool. *train arrives* I gotta get going but let me give you a call sometime. What's your phone number? *I reach into my left pocket*
HB7: Oh no sorry *shakes head*
Me: Oh alright that's cool

Approaches: 12

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should do some night game. You're statistically higher to find single women there and you have more time for conversation than what you're getting.

Domo_Arigatoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what i've seen you're pretty much in interview mode. Try to make them laugh, bust their balls a little, say something that a "generic" guy wouldn't say. Basically, you have to stand out and make an impression in their mind to make them want to see you again.
No point in getting a number if you don't make a good impression, because think of this, if a really bland/unattractive girl gave you her number, would you answer her call or even want to hang out? Just give them something to look forward to on the second encounter. Try to squeeze that in there somewhere hah

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #13
I approach a HB8 waiting for the train at a crowded subway station after work. Throughout this conversation, she is facing the railroad tracks, while I'm talking to her left shoulder.
Me: *tap HB8 on the arm* Hi!
*HB8 takes off earphones*
Me: I thought you were really cute and just wanted to say hi! *loud enough for everyone within a 5 ft radius to hear*
HB8: oh *chuckles slightly and puts earphones back on*
HB8: *takes earphones back off* oh I'm sorry what?
HB8: --
Me: Nice to meet you. Where are you from?
HB8: *murmers something I can't hear*
Me: Where are you coming from? Are you a [insert random profession here]?
HB8: no *real softly*
Me: But you work on -- street! Right? *some business district near the station*
HB8: yea...
Me: So where are you from again?
HB8: *murmers something real softly again*
Me: What?
HB8: *murmers again*
Me: I'm sorry. I can't hear you. Can you speak up please? *put my hand to my ear gesturing her to speak up*
HB8: [state]
Me: Oh cool! I'm from [state] too! What part?
HB8: Central [state] *gesturing the center with her hands too*
Me: Oh me too! *truth* Are you from [town]?
HB8: no
Me: I'm from [town]. Have you heard of [town]?
HB8: [town]? yea i've heard of it
.... *awkward silence for 2 seconds*
Me: Listen, I gotta get going but let me give you a call sometime! What's your phone number? *whip out my cell phone*
HB8: I'm sorry but I'm not giving you my phone number (says it in a "duh!" manner with a grin AND this is the first time she speaks up loud enough for me to hear)
Me: oh ok cool

Approaches: 13

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #14
While waiting for my friend in the lobby of his dorm, I saw a HB's reflection in the windows very briefly before she turned back around. I walked towards her and tapped her on the shoulder. When she turned around, it was a BIG letdown. She was WAY less attractive than what I thought I saw in the reflection. Plus, I was dressed REAL nice, since it was my friend's birthday, so it was kind of a waste. But it was good practice nonetheless i guess.

Me: *i tap her on shoulder* Hey I thought you were really cute and I just wanted to say hi
*HB5.5 turns all the way around towards me*
HB5.5: Really!!!
(at this point, i got a real good look at her, and i'm thinking to myself "oh boy what did I get myself into... she's not even that good-looking... wouldn't want to be seen in public with her")
Me: Yea what's your name?
HB5.5: --
(from here on end, it was WAY too easy. smooth sailing. i couldve said anything and she would've ate it all up anyways. we talked about school, studies, careers etc. after talking for a good 5 minutes or so i saw my friends walk by and then...)
Me: Listen, I gotta get going but let me give you a call sometime. What's your phone number?
Me: Cool thanks see you around!
HB5.5: You too!
(again i forget the HB's name)

Approaches: 14
Ph No's: 1

meh... baby steps. should i call? i do NOT see myself in a ltr with her in a MILLION years

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
Approach #14
While waiting for my friend in the lobby of his dorm, I saw a HB's reflection in the windows very briefly before she turned back around. I walked towards her and tapped her on the shoulder. When she turned around, it was a BIG letdown. She was WAY less attractive than what I thought I saw in the reflection. Plus, I was dressed REAL nice, since it was my friend's birthday, so it was kind of a waste. But it was good practice nonetheless i guess.

Me: *i tap her on shoulder* Hey I thought you were really cute and I just wanted to say hi
*HB5.5 turns all the way around towards me*
HB5.5: Really!!!
(at this point, i got a real good look at her, and i'm thinking to myself "oh boy what did I get myself into... she's not even that good-looking... wouldn't want to be seen in public with her")
Me: Yea what's your name?
(from here on end, it was WAY too easy. smooth sailing. i couldve said anything and she would've ate it all up anyways. we talked about school, studies, careers etc. after talking for a good 5 minutes or so i saw my friends walk by and then...)
Me: Listen, I gotta get going but let me give you a call sometime. What's your phone number?
Me: Cool thanks see you around!
HB5.5: You too!
(again i forget the HB's name)

Approaches: 14

meh... baby steps. should i call? i do NOT see myself in a ltr with her in a MILLION years
Yes, go ahead and call and set up a date. You don't need to think you need an LTR to get with a girl. The current girl I'm seeing now isn't an LTR, but I like hanging out and banging her enough that I'll keep seeing her despite having little to no emotions for her.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
Approach #14
LOL

Dude, I HATE it when this happens!

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been awhile since my last approach, so I knocked out 6 approaches today. Didn't go too well though. Mind you, all my cold approaches involved moving targets and took place outside in a crowded shopping district in the city. They all happened in one form or another like the following scenarios:

Scenario A
While walking down the street, I approach a HB walking opposite to me.
Me: Excuse me
HB: *stops and turns head towards me to hear what I have to say*
Me: I thought you were really cute, and I just wanted to say hi!
HB: Hmph! *continues on walking*

Scenario B
HB: *stops and turns head towards me to hear what I have to say*
Me: I thought you were really cute, and I just wanted to say hi!
HB: Thank you! *continues on walking*

Scenario C
Me: Excuse me, I thought you were really cute, and I just wanted to say hi!
HB: Oh! *stops in her tracks, hesitates, then prepares to walk away*
Me: What's your name? *extend hand out*
HB: sorry! *continues on walking away*

Approach 15 (Scenario A)
HB7 was probably about 5 years older than me
I said my line nervously and quickly this time, since it was my first approach.

Approach 16 (Scenario A)
HB8 was maybe a few years older than me
I said my line pretty confidently with my chin up and thumbs tucked in my front pockets. My attitude was like "I don't give a mother**** anymore! Rejections, bring it on!" Nearby, a worker unloading stuff from a truck in the background said "Sweet!"

Approach 17 (Scenario A)
HB7 with sunglasses on

Approach 18 (Scenario B)
HB7 around my age

Approach 19 (Scenario C)
HB6 several years older than me

Approach 20 (Scenario C)
HB7 who was pretty short but really cute. Probably near my age.

Approaches: 20

There you have it. At this point, my sole focus is knocking out 1000 approaches. I'm pretty confident I'll make more progress once I reach that threshold. lol *sigh*

PS. I don't think I looked that bad either. I give myself a 7 in looks. I do look rather young, since I just graduated from college.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
could you just stop saying that thing you say all the time 'excuse me..really cute...your name?'
its really lame. They're not gonna stop walking just because you say that silly sentence. Say something ELSE, whatever, but something with meaning, a silly question like 'where's the starbucks? blah blah, Im meeting a girl friend blah blah...' would work better.

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach 21
HB7 with angry look on face walks by
Me: Excuse me, I thought you were really cute and I just wanted to say hi.
HB7 continues on walking with angry look on face

Approach 22

HB7 with more friendly look on face walks by
HB7: Hi! *in a friendly way but doesn't stop walking past me*
Me: Wha... *too late*

Approach 23
HB7 is standing against the wall waiting for the bus. As I walk by, my eyes are still locked onto her. She looks hot enough for me. I turn left towards her and almost crash into another guy who says "sorry excuse me". I walk up to her and...
Me: Hi! *grin*
*HB7 starts giggling real hard*
Me: What's so funny?
HB7: It's just that I'm here waiting for my boyfriend. *in a strong european accent of some sort, maybe french idk*
Me: Oh ok. It was nice meeting you!
HB7: You too!

Approach 24
HB7 smoking a cigarette walks by
HB7 continues on walking while staring at me for a few seconds

Approaches: 24

hey pryos. thanks for the input. please keep them coming. i'm not sure if i can pull that act off. it doesn't feel natural to me. though i might try that out...

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach 25
HB7 is walking opposite to me in a rather secluded walkway
Me: Hi!
(HB7 turns her head to me but is still walking so I stand still there silently until she finally stops to listen to what i have to say, which was a first)
HB7: Yes?
Me: I thought you were really cute and I just wanted to say hi
HB7: Oh haha thank you *continues on walking*

**note to self: after opening a moving target, stand still and stay silent until HB stops walking and finally gives her undivided attention to you**

Approach 26
HB8.5 in sunglasses is walking by
Me: Hi! *doesn't even notice me, even though I know she heard me because I said "hi"

pretty loudly and was facing her

this one burned particularly

Approaches: 26

as pook said, don't be afraid to fail, and i'm certainly doing plenty of that lol

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was a good day... *BIG understatement* The angels are singing. The sun is shining. The gods of DJing have finally answered my prayers.

It was Saturday in the early afternoon. The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS. About 75 degrees Farenheight. LOTS of sunshine. No clouds. I was taking a stroll in a very crowded park wearing a plaid shirt, chino pants, Vans shoes, and a bookbag on my back. I just came out of an informal meeting at a cuisine with some friends.

Approach 27 (best one yet)
HB7 is sitting on the bench reading a book. I walk up next to her and face her, while still standing.
*HB7 looks up*
Me: Hi. I thought you were really cute and I just wanted to say hi.
HB7: Oh! *giggle*
Me: What's your name? *extend hand*
HB7: -- *shake hands*
Me: Nice to meet you. I'm --. Where are you from?
HB7: Amsterdam
Me: Oh Amsterdam! *head nod* ...Is that in America? *with stupid confused look on my face*
HB7: No. It's in Holland.
Me: You said Holland?
HB7: Yes
Me: Oh niice. So you're just visiting the states or something?
HB7: No I'm an exchange student here
Me: At [xyz university]? (we were on their campus, which is in the city)
HB7: Yea
Me: Oh cool! I have a lot of friends who go to [xyz university]
HB7: What do you do?
*i explain to her what i do for a living real briefly, which i won't disclose here. sorry. but it is a job*
Me: What is there you're reading?
HB7: Here *hands book to me*
Me: Oh cool *head nod* (so fake since i've never seen this book before). Have you heard of "kindle"?
HB7: I'm sorry what?
Me: Have you heard of something called a "kindle"? You can read tons of books on it. *i take out the kindle in my bookbag and show it to her as if she grew up in a cave*
HB7: Oh yea. I have an iPad, but it's too heavy and bulky. I just read this *waves her book in the air*
Me: I see. Cool. *nod head* You're old fashioned. You can flip through the pages and stuff... (conversation was coming into a lull here) Listen I gotta get going. Let me give you a call sometime.
HB7: *slight chuckle* Sure. But I have a dutch number.
Me: That's fine. Just put it in here *put my phone in her hands*
HB7: There saved. See? *hands the phone to me*
Me: Cool thanks. How do you pronounce your name again? *i forgot it*
HB7: -- (it had a wierd pronunciation THANK GOD. i had a legit reason to re-ask for her name)
Me: --? *trying to re-pronounce it with some wierd "agghk" sound in it. i'm not sure*
HB7: Yep!
Me: Cool. Alright it was nice meeting you! See you around *wave goodbye*
HB7: You too!

Approach 28 (even better)
Two BIKINI CLAD HB7'S or HB8's (i'm not quite sure, too distracted to give a fair rating, but definitely 7 or above) LYING DOWN AT A CROWDED PARK TANNING UNDER TEH SUN caught my attention and I'M SURE everybody else's too. One was blond; the other had dark brown hair. As I walked past them, I thought to myself, "What the hell! I'm on a roll already and I have nothing to lose! Just have FUN damnit! What's the worst that can happen? A rejection! Like you've never experienced one of those before..." I turn right and walk up next to the brown haired HB7.5 (could be either a 7 or 8, not too sure, but she sure was SMOKING HOT in her bikini and short shorts). I chose her at random, since she was the closest to me. They were both equally HOT as far as I could tell. As I stood over her, she still lay there facing the sky with her sunglasses on without noticing me. I think her eyes were closed.

Me: Excuse me!
(both HB7.5's wake up and sit up straight looking at me)
Me: I thought you were really cute and I just wanted to say hi. (didn't sound nervous at all. i didn't sound too forced either. my mindset was "i don't give a F*** wITH GUNS A'BLAZING BI***ES!!!!!!!!!")
*both HB's chuckle REALLY hard*
Me: What's your name? *extend hand*
HB7.5: -- (which I didn't even register in my mind b/c of her damn BOOBS)
Me: Nice to meet you. I'm --. I see you guys are getting um... *little stutter* uhg getting a sun tan!
Both HB's: Yep! Haha!
Me: *I was thinking to myself "F*** MEEEEE!!! YOU NERVOUS POS* I quickly glance behind me to look for something in my surroundings to talk about, since i wasn't thinking straight at this point* You guys go to [xyz university] here? (same xyz school as HB7 goes to in Approach 26 since we were on their campus)
HB7.5: No I graduated already.
Me: Oh cool! What do you do now?
HB7.5: I go to graduate school.
Me: Where at?
HB7.5: [abc university]
Me: Cool. Where is that located?
HB7.5: [some other part of the city]
Me: Oh ok cool. Yea I have a lot of friends who go to [xyz university] here which is why i asked
HB7.5: Do you go to [xyz university]?
Me: No I graduated already (crap she might realize she's a few years older than me)
HB7.5: What are you doing here?
Me: I'm just chillin and going shopping. I just got out of Barnes and Noble (crap she might get a hinch of what i'm really out here doing here)
Me: That's quite a trip you made to here. From [other part of city].
HB7.5: I live in [part of city we are in now]
Me: Oh cool! Then you must be like super rich to be living here then huh!
HB7.5: Haha not really
Me: Because it's like super expensive here.
HB7.5: Yea i know
Me: Oh ok. You're parents must be super rich then!
HB7.5: No
Me: I'm jk (it's taboo to call people's parents rich in this day and age in the US, where our culture is quite democratic and egalitarian i know) Have you ever thought about living in (neighborhood in other part of city that is closer to her school and cheap)? I heard it's like really nice there.
HB7.5: (neighborhood)?
Me: Yea (neighborhood). It's in (part of city she goes to school in). A lot of my co-workers live there.
HB7.5: Yea i've heard of it
Me: Yea and i heard it's really gentrified or something.
HB7.5: Nah. I'm staying in (part of city we're currently in, which is super expensive)
Me: Haha I hear you. (neighborhood) is probably too hipsterish for you anyways for you. right?
HB7.5: haha yea
Me: Yea this is where it's at! You know? You're right
HB7.5: Yea
Me: Listen I gotta get going but let me give you a call sometime. What's your phone number? *whip out my phone*
*both HB's burst out start laughing*
HB7.5: Haha sure. It's ---
Me: Mm-hmm... #### you said?
HB7.5: No ####
Me: #### got it. Are you from [state]? (i recognize her area code)
HB7.5: ...yea... How'd you know? (other girl is laughing)
Me: I could tell from the area code. I'm from (town near hers)!
HB7.5: Oh haha (town x)? Yeaa I know (town x)
Me: What town are you from?
HB7.5: (town y)
Me: Cool! Isn't it like maad ghetto there or something?
HB7.5: Yea kind of
Me: Because there were some people who moved from there to my high school, and they were the like the most ghetto people there (i could be mistaken about the town name here not sure)
HB7.5: Yea it's not that great an area. But I didnt go to (town b)'s public high school. I went to a different school.
Me: What school?
HB7.5: (high school)
Me: Is that like a catholic school or something?
HB7.5: No It's a jewish school
Me: So you're jewish?
HB7.5: Yea
Me: Yooo! I have maad jewish friends! *both HB's burst out laughing again* and there's like maad jewish ppl who go to (xyz university) here too! it's like 33% of the school! even though I know you don't go the (xyz university, which is the campus we're on)
Me: Alright then! I'll see you guys around! It was nice talking to you guys.
Both HB's: Bye! (wave)
Me: Shalom!

(a few minutes later i was having those scooby doo moments inside my head. "roo? wtf happened? i just number closed a smoking hot bikini clad HB?? did i rip into a new time and space cotinuum?")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY

Approaches: 28
Ph No's: 3

Anyone got any funny Jewish nicknames for this girl that I can address her as? Should I text or call? And how do I call international numbers? smh

Clearly, I've been kicking myself in the *** by approaching moving targets all this time. The times I finally number closed, they've both been sedentary targets. But I still want to close moving targets... maybe next time...

shoutout to Deicide and Espi and everyone else who has been keeping me going because that's really all i needed. people to keep me going even after the slew of rejections. thanks a ton. and you can bet i'll keep on chugging along with these approaches going forward

disclaimer to newbs reading these approaches: please do note that i have been working really hard to improve my appearance by hitting the gym and dressing well before making these recent approaches. they may have or may not have been the necessary ingredients for the number closes, but i just wanted to put this information out there. i've been striving to improve myself and my appearance this whole time in the process. i used to dress a LOT worse until my friend talked me into actually focusing on improving my appearance in all aspects.

Last edited:

Nycnyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, but your game is terrible. Having the guts to cold approach like you do is huge, and is more than half battle, but you're at a point now where you can't just keep doing what you're doing. What's the point? 28 approaches and barely 3 phone numbers should tell you something. I doubt any of those numbers will even pan out. And I have news for you - you could do 1,000 approaches like you have been doing and youll be lucky to get another 3 numbers.

Put simply - when you cold approach you have to be INTERESTING. And you have I do it FAST.

Let's analyze your approaches. Most of them have barely lasted 5 sentences by each person. You have to realize thats how little time you have to spark her interest. If you don't say something interesting within 5 sentences, that's all you'll get.

Why would these girls give you their number, let alone call you back if you called? What do they have to look forward to if they go out with you? Boring Conversations about where they're from or what school they go to?

Saying something interesting, anything, is much much better than small talk. Doesn't have to be witty or smart, it can be the dumbest thing you've ever said or a mundane observation. You're standing next to a Starbucks? Ask her if she knows a non-Starbucks coffees shop around cuz you hate Starbucks. Youre at a park with bikini-clad girls? Ask them why they think old people never sunbathe. You're at a stoplight? Ask her why the stoplight signal is always a man walking, not a woman. Shoot, talk about why the stoplight is taking so long.

Put yourself in her shoes. She's not gonna give you her number or call you back if she can't picture having at least an interesting 30 minute conversation with you over a drink. If within five minutes of talking to her, some guy had an interesting question, or observation, she can rationalize that over a drink or dinner, he might have some funny things to say. If you can squeeze one thing that shows some personality in your approach, it will probably improve your odds hugely. Forget the "where are you from, what school" bs. Dont focus on the few numbers you stumbled into with that weak stuff, and focus on changing things that prevented you from getting the other 25 numbers.

Stark

Don Juan
Reaction score
woah there NYCnyc. I think you are being too harsh.

Killing the AA is the most important step into gaming. You need to work on your transitions and connection building at this point but you are already ahead of 90% of the people on this forum.

honestly you can say anything as long as its not retarded but as long as the confidence and body language are there you are on the right track.

I would make this a goal: you have the approach down but

Transition
- cold read
you look like somone that would go to x college
you seem like the type of girl that likes to party, stay in, etc
are you from x state? I just thought because of x
are you a teacher? you have that i love children vibe

you can be completley wrong but it doesn't matter its still more interesting and it forces a correction reponse or a confirmation response.

Also

make a game out of it to find 3-5 interesting things about her and then use that to qualify wanting to take her number. Hey its really cool that you do x and x and are from x I never do this but I want your number.

Stark

Don Juan
Reaction score
but no man i applaud you. you are further than me but you have inspired me to go out and sarge again in scottsdale haha. I need to experience how it feels to get rejected because that is the ultimate freedom and what keeps me from ever approaching.

Nycnyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as harsh. In fact, in a weird way, I was trying to convey that he's on the right track, but he's not really trying to learn from his mistakes. Approach anxiety is a huge hurdle and this guys got none. But hes still wasting it if he doesnt do anything with his guts. Too many guys buy into the idea that all it takes is to approach 100 girls and get lucky.

These forum threads are full of robotic ideas of meeting girls. Rate a girl, approach, spew some repetitive line, ask for number, if rejected just brush it off as a learning experience. Anyones game will be better if you remember that girls are living, breathing people with emotions and an agenda. Too many guys forget that you have to give a girl a reason to give you her number and be interested. And the fact is, it's really not that hard, you just have to take the mindset that it's critical to say something she's never heard before, never been asked before. That should be every guys top priority IMO.

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Nycnyc. Thanks for the feedback. Please keep them coming. You were right. She didn't respond to my text yesterday lol.

I guess I've just been having a hard time overcoming my fear of acting dumb or saying the wrong thing. That's why I've been spewing some boring conversation topics. I'm going to try to bring more pizazz into my conversations in the future... we'll see how that turns out.

Nycnyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
The ironic thing about your fear of "saying the wrong thing" is that you've been doing just that IMO. Boring her is exactly the wrong thing to do. Don't over think it. Doesn't even have to have that much "pizazz" as you say.
My rule of thumb is, if it's a question I could ask any girl (where's she from, what she's doing today), it's a suboptimal question. Make it specific to her.

Remember, the first five sentences are critical. You need to get a real conversation going within that constraint. And after that, you should always be focused on saying that one thing, bringing up that one topic that will at least make her consider hanging out with you for one drink.

You already have the guts (confidence) to go up and talk to her. Use that same attitude to have the guts to say whatever interesting thing comes to mind, no matter how random or dumb you may feel it is.