Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Millionaire tip of the day- Meet a 20yr. old MILLIONAIRE

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Neither did I. I was just saying that I think those worthless people should wake up and stop working for other people. Working for other people is for p*ssies, that's all I'm saying. People who buy real estate with credit cards are more valuable members of society than people who generate electricity or build cars, that's all I'm getting at. I'm just agreeing with you.
Let's not get our panties in a bunch here. I wasn't attacking your little wifey, she is the one who is always taking jabs at ME for whatever reason.

For anyone who doesn't care to scroll back to the post which Gio is referring, here is what I said:

You have to realize that people who own businesses and real estate are the HIGHEST level producers in society. That is why if they are good at it they are rewarded handsomely in the form of money. If it weren't for landlords lots of people would be homeless, and if it weren't for business owners they wouldn't have a job.
I said "people who own businesses and real estate are the highest level PRODUCERS in society". That means they make it possible for you to live the comfortable life you live today. You take it for granted and look at them as greedy sob's when you should be thanking them.

Without the people who provide structure for our civilization the way we know it (the owners of assets) you wouldn't be able to enjoy YOUR life the way you know it. Take a trip to a former communist country...you will see how well that form of government and society worked out.

You will notice that there is no mention of anyone being "worthless" or "p*ssies".

You will also notice that there is no mention of anyone being "more valuable" than anyone else.

You will probably have that blue collar "I am better than you because I work with my HANDS" attittude until the day you die, but don't rub your negativity off on people who choose a different path.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP

You will probably have that blue collar "I am better than you because I work with my HANDS" attittude until the day you die, but don't rub your negativity off on people who choose a different path.
if you can excuse the pun, this is money - it certainly does go both ways...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think everyone should quit their jobs and buy real estate with their credit cards and then sell it for profit. That way, everyone can be the most valuable person in society.

F*ck all those dumb bast*rds who make their living harvesting the food, dumping the trash, paving the roads, building the cars, generating the electricity, delivering the mail, and sh*t like that. They should all quit their jobs and buy real estate with their credit cards. Only p*ssies work for other people.
Neither did I. I was just saying that I think those worthless people should wake up and stop working for other people. Working for other people is for p*ssies, that's all I'm saying. People who buy real estate with credit cards are more valuable members of society than people who generate electricity or build cars, that's all I'm getting at. I'm just agreeing with you.
Hey smartass, use your brain and I'm sure even you can figure out what STR8UP was getting at. Blue collar jobs, such as the ones you listed, are in fact great ways to build initial capital for real estate or business if you know how to manage money and not just blow it.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without the people who provide structure for our civilization the way we know it (the owners of assets) you wouldn't be able to enjoy YOUR life the way you know it.
Jeez, can't a guy agree with someone here? I'm not saying that people shouldn't buy real estate with credit cards. Obviously, people who buy real estate with credit cards are the reason I enjoy my life the way I know it.

Really, I just agree wholeheartedly with STR8UP. I'm sick of all these stupid people who are so dumb that they work for other people. I mean, that guy that comes by every Tuesday morning and takes the trash off the curb? F*CK HIM. How does he help me enjoy my life the way I know it? Same with the faceless person in the power plant generating my electricity. Who gives a sh*t if the light turns on whenever I flick the switch, you know what I mean? It's like, those dudes are wasting their lives and not providing structure for civilization. Now, if they were buying real estate with credit cards and then selling it, I think we all can agree that's some sh*t that would impact my life for the better a hell of a lot more than some schmuck who p*sses their life away educating children or plowing snow off the roads.

I just want to scream at them, "QUIT F*CKING AROUND! YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO ME UNLESS YOU ARE BUYING REAL ESTATE WITH YOUR CREDIT CARDS, F*CKERS!"

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Normally, people stop trying to carry the same joke after two attempts.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRelic
Normally, people stop trying to carry the same joke after two attempts.
What f*cking joke, Communist? Are you saying that people who buy real estate with credit cards are NOT more productive members of society than teachers and road workers and mailmen? Are you trying to say that people who buy real estate with credit cards do NOT contribute more to civilization than farmers, factory workers, and garbagemen?

I don't know if you missed the memo, but we aren't living in 1960's Russia. Here in present day America, we KNOW who's most important. And that's people who buy real estate with credit cards.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gio, think you've made your point. Don't ruin a good thread like this.

It's a symbiotic system-- the white collar/investor types need the blue collars for services, and the blue collars need the
white collar/investor types to provide housing and jobs. Without one the other would not exist for very long.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Page
It's a symbiotic system-- the white collar/investor types need the blue collars for services, and the blue collars need the
white collar/investor types to provide housing and jobs. Without one the other would not exist for very long.
Actually, I think the blue collar types could last a lot longer without the white collar types than the other way around.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Page
BINGO!

It isn't an "US versus THEM" situation. Businesspeople who look at it this way never make any money and workers who have this attitude never go very far themselves.

Although I would personally like to choke the living sh!t out of MANY of the people who have worked for me if I did nothing would ever get accomplished.

Do I look down on certain people? I most certainly DO. But it isn't someone's CHOICE of profession or whatever that I look down upon, it is their attitude towards work and money. I have an issue if a lazy s.o.b. wants to get handed money just for taking up space on this earth. I see a LOT of that unfortunately.

Like the other day at Starbucks. I was working on my laptop and some sh!tbag decides to sit down and try to get me to buy him a drink. I could tell he wasn't destitute. Here I am, trying to WORK, and this guy is bugging the hell out of me to get a free Frappucino! He didn't go away until I completely ignored his ass. Get a life, LOSER. I don't care if you lost your apartment last month. If you are sitting here at FREAKIN' STARBUCKS trying to beg for a drink your priorities ARE NOT in the right place and no amount of money that I give you is going to do you a damn bit of good.

On the other end of the spectrum I have a tenant who is as good as gold. He is the definition of blue collar. He pays his rent on time ALL OF THE TIME and keeps the place maintained. I could trust this guy with just about anything. He obviously enjoys his life but if he ever needed financial advice from me I would do whatever I could to teach him whatever I know. Actually he has mentioned an interest in buying a house and we told him we would be glad to show him how to reduce the down payment and such.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I think the blue collar types could last a lot longer without the white collar types than the other way around.
That's quite a debateable topic and considering most blue collar workers are overspecialized to perform specific tasks whereas most people who own businesses tend to be creative problem solvers (good skills to have for survival), you aren't likely to convince me of this any time soon.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's not get our panties in a bunch here. I wasn't attacking your little wifey, she is the one who is always taking jabs at ME for whatever reason.

dude, i never attacked you in anyway. i said "not everyone can go out and buy real estate and earn a profit and become millonaires."
i provide housing to 104 families everyday because i am a landlord.
i AM a landlord, getting paid to do my job. i go to conferences and seminars all the time. i have first hand experience on what it costs to renovate a home that was once used for a meth lab, which is by no means cheap.
you leave out one detail and your company gets sued.
i know first hand experience that vendors want to be paid ontime even if your property isnt making money by rent or being sold yet.
i know that it sounds awful silly to buy a property on your credit card with high interest when you can get a loan with cheaper interest.

longwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
my girl goes to school at central state and she's a reporter for their college news show. the night before last she interviewed 21 year old, multi-millionaire, Farrah Gray

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
dude, i never attacked you in anyway. i said "not everyone can go out and buy real estate and earn a profit and become millonaires."..............i AM a landlord, getting paid to do my job
You threw in your 2 cents in the thread about New Orleans, I believe you accused me of writing "stupid threads about wealth" or something like that. And your initial response to this post was sarcastic.

There is a huge difference between getting paid to manage rental property and being an investor who buys property. Do you really know what you are talking about when you say this and that about buying property?

In the past year I have purchased more real estate than most people do in three lifetimes. When you sit back and make negative comments without any real life experience all you are doing is trying to drag others down to your narrow minded mentality when it comes to money.

I came from NOTHING. Even today my parents are still living paycheck to paycheck. I didn't get any help from them or anyone else. I took the initiative to LEARN how to do it and I took action, simple as that.

Now after ten or so years it is starting to pay off. I only have to "work" a few hours every week because I spent the past decade setting myself up for it. I will be the first to tell you that it doesn't happen overnight, and that the road is filled with obstacles. No one is going to give you anything for free. It's the people who step up to the plate and say, "I'm not going to let a few hurdles stop me" that make it big. People like you sit back and make every excuse in the book why it can't be done or is too difficult while people like me are out jumping the hurdles. I fall down all the time but I pick myself up and move on.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's quite a debateable topic and considering most blue collar workers are overspecialized to perform specific tasks whereas most people who own businesses tend to be creative problem solvers (good skills to have for survival), you aren't likely to convince me of this any time soon.
Let me restate it: if tomorrow all the white collar people were wiped out, the blue collar people would get by okay. If the blue collar people all vanished off the face of the earth, the white collar types would be in a world of hurt.

Nobody cares if STR8UP is buying real estate with his credit card when human feces are floating down unpaved roads littered with trash and broken down cars.

Societies consisting only of blue collar workers (repair shops, farmers, shopkeepers, sanitation workers, et cetera) have survived for many centuries, often without anyone who would be considered "white collar".

To make my point even easier to understand: think of a competition.

You have two societies... one made up of white collar people: bankers, financial analysts, accountants, CEOs, the all-important person who buys real estate with their credit cards, et cetera. Then another society made up of only blue collar workers such as farmers, mechanics, carpenters, garbagemen, plumbers, and factory workers.

The rules are as follows: each person's job function is limited to what they are. For instance, a banker may only bank. He may not farm (as that would make him a blue-collar worker). On that same token, a carpenter may not act as an accountant (as that would make him a white-collar guy). He is only allowed to do carpenter-related activities. Neither group may make use of the services of anyone outside their society. The white-collar types cannot use blue collar labor and the blue-collar guys cannot make use of white-collar services.

Which society do you think would survive?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
i know that it sounds awful silly to buy a property on your credit card with high interest when you can get a loan with cheaper interest.
Not to make an example of you, but this is EXACTLY why so many people have problems with money.

Just to clarify, using credit cards to buy property isn't the only way and it certainly isn't the best way to acquire real estate. But the problem here is that your mind is telling you incorrectly that "debt" and "high interest" are automatically bad. You are seeing things in black and white while missing all of the colors.

I used credit cards as a substitute for having the cash up front. At the time I wouldn't have been able to buy anything if I didn't look past the black and white to find a way to make this happen.

I started out by using credit cards in combination with other unsecured loans to purchase property and finance the improvements, then I turned around and refinanced the property after making the value go up from fixing it up. I didn't have cash saved and if I would have gone directly to the bank to buy the property the deal wouldn't have gone through. I got CREATIVE when I realized the the bank has requirements that need to be met but they didn't necessarily need to be met in a conventional manner. In the end I got a property in my name that I didn't have to take YEARS saving a down payment for and the bank made a loan (that's how they make money, in case you are wondering) on a nice property. Win-win situation.

Incidentally I sold both of these properties recently and my biz partner and I split around $120k in profits which we used to buy MORE properties that have already tripled or quadrupled the initial $120k. See how this game works?

You are closing your mind to anything that doesn't fit YOUR picture of how money works. I can assure you that there is a whole other dimension to this that you don't see. If you would take a couple of hours per week to study the things you are missing I can GUARANTEE your financial situation would improve because of it. Once you have a better grasp of things every decision you make is based upon a different set of criteria. It is these little decisions that make a HUGE impact on how well you do with money.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me of one of the coolest parts about the late nineties and the early part of this decade.

I used to work with some people who were just a few years older than me and were certain they were financial geniuses. They discovered the stock market and they were impossible to be around. Luckily, I didn't have to hang around them much because every thirty seconds they were rushing to the nearest internet-connected computer to check their portfolio.

Always ecstatic, they would return with this insufferable superiority complex, explaining the world of high finance to all of the simple peasants. They would tell everyone how foolish they were if they weren't sinking every spare penny into technology and internet companies on the stock market. It was so easy a child could do it. Their money was multiplying by factors of 4, 5, 6, even 10 times! $1,000 became $5,000. $5,000 became $40,000. $40,000 became $400,000. What kind of idiot wouldn't want to do this? After a while they bought gigantic houses, fancy cars, and quit their jobs because the money they were making in the stock market was just so incredible.

Now, I'm not one to be happy when bad things happen to people, but there was a little schadenfreude when their million dollar plus portfolios became as valuable as confederate currency practically overnight.

Wait, why does this thread remind me of those guys again? I forget. :whistle:

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To make my point even easier to understand: think of a competition.

You have two societies... one made up of white collar people: bankers, financial analysts, accountants, CEOs, the all-important person who buys real estate with their credit cards, et cetera. Then another society made up of only blue collar workers such as farmers, mechanics, carpenters, garbagemen, plumbers, and factory workers.
Jeezus, you just can't help but turn this into something it isn't, can you?

This whole discussion stemmed from me saying that "people who own businesses and real estate are the highest level producers in society", now you turn it into a blue collar vs. white collar debate. What's your deal? Boss screw you over last week? Landlord wants his rent on the 1st when you agreed to pay it but you're a few bucks short?

I don't get it. I try to help people for FREE with knowledge that I have gained through years of experience and countless lost dollars just to have people who have no clue what they are talking about try to turn a postitive motivational thread into some kind of who is better than who debate.

Don't you have something better to do?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, I'm not one to be happy when bad things happen to people, but there was a little schadenfreude when their million dollar plus portfolios became as valuable as confederate currency practically overnight.

Wait, why does this thread remind me of those guys again? I forget. :whistle:
I wonder what someone would have to do to would prove to Gio that they actually know what they are doing? Obviously a decade of being financially independent and having lost hundreds of thousands of dollars on past mistakes doesn't qualify you.

For any of you who actually want to learn something from Gio's little tirade, the lesson is, avoid people like him. Educate yourself to be an intelligent investor.

Gio would like for all of us to believe that there is no difference between his "financial genius" coworkers and an educated investor. I know at least a few of you are smarter than to fall for his unfounded jibberish.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder what someone would have to do to would prove to Gio that they actually know what they are doing? Obviously a decade of being financially independent and having lost hundreds of thousands of dollars on past mistakes doesn't qualify you.
What's the difference between a millionaire who gives out free bad advice on the Internet and a guy who sits on a computer in his mom's basement pretending to be a millionaire who gives out free bad advice on the Internet? On the Internet, there is no difference.

And all of that is beside the point, because people are free to waste their money any way they want to. If every single person in the country wants to waste their money listening to you, that's between them, you, and the flaming wreckage of what used to be our economy. I bet my former coworkers might even be able to get you a job working with them at Circuit City if you ask nicely.