Millionaire tip of the day- Meet a 20yr. old MILLIONAIRE

dyce

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont forget if you have 100k to get a loan and use the 150k or wateva to profit even more than what you would have made with simply 100k

Sonic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell Im helping people turn $100 into $3k in no time messing around online. Definately want to get into real estate as my pops has rencently been making huge slam dunks in real estate property here in Vegas, which has blown out pretty much most investment strategies. Of course it helps when land value doubles in months when a billionaire buys a $hit load of property (the most $ in auction history.) in one of the fastest growing cities in America, and of the best as I might add. ;)

My only problem is that Im content with my living status aka laziness(going to be in a small pad, have my car, can travel whenever I want...just need to work on the 'chick angle' and help others). Though the only motivation for me is to retire in Colombia.....people are great there compared to zombies in the states, fruits and veggies are great...sunny year round..average looking colombian chick would be considered as HB9s here, etc...and the thought of being shot at any given moment just adds that much more excitement!! LOL!!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP
I know a guy, let's call him Jim.

Jim is a 20 year old millionaire. He got started a couple of years ago with $100k he received from a settlement, which he used to buy a piece of real estate that profited him $20k. He turned around and repeated the process many times, and today he is very well off because of it.

i have been to these seminars before about five years ago.
they tell you very few get rich secrets about real estate however then you must purchase all these books and materials for them to tell you more. they are expensive.
bottom line is , they pay people who are their employees to go around and do these seminars on how to get rich by getting some investment properties and selling them fast to make fast money. however what they are not telling you is that not everyone has 100 k to get started and that if you do not have any money to get started it is going to be a long hard process.
you end up trying to do the work on these houses yourself when you do not know how. contractors arent as cheap as you think they are either. if you cant turn the property around by the end of the time period which is usually 30 days, you end up paying alot more then you bargined for and by then the contractors want to be paid before the property is sold.
people take out loans and then end up having to file bankrupsy.

this is not the future for everyone even if it looks good.

bottom line is : not everyone can make themselves rich and stop trusting every seminar.

some people start small with nothing and build their way rich. i have a family member who started by getting a loan for some land, he worked it and cleared it off. he put a mobile home on it and he sold it. the payments paid for the trailer and he got another until all of it was paid for and it was all a mobile home community. then he went on to another investment. now he owns so many apartment complexes and buildings that companies lease out and he just buys up land and builds houses and sells them for top dollar.
however, he was smart and a very hard worker and until he got to be about 40 years old, he did most of the work himself.

now a days, these commericals and seminars come to town and they trick people into thinking that it is easy and they just sit at home and make a few calls and this can happen to them.
and it could, if you had money to start with to get the contractors and buy a few places that didnt need much work.

its not that i dont want people to better their situations, its just that you need to look at the risks of your financial situation of if you fail to do all the things you must do within that time period ...

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree kind of agree with penkitten...i have been to 5 seminars..here in europe even leaving my home to go to sweden for a seminar..i was tricked by these get rich quick nonesense..im not saying all of them frauds but just be careful and do your background check b4 you join any seminars or groupd..the last seminar i went o was 4 months ago..i was inducted into a class of about 60 people.. unkownly at that time we later discovered that 40 of the people in the class where part of the scam lets say they paid some students to sit in the hall and pretend like they were all part of the stuff. 20 of us were new students at the end of each class they give a testimony about how they made 100,000 under 9 months and **** like that. i was persuaded to buy some stupif tape collections worth 250.. and pay for weekly classes worth 20 each week i attended and said id be rich uner one year..its a long comlicated story..
i was bugg everyday..with honcalls telling me to purchase thier useless tapes and books..i later found out that the main guy that runs the seminar was a fraudstar who had done time. two of his fingers on his lfet hand were actually chopped off..ill im saying is that dont trust them fully.

Last edited:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skeeloo
i agree kind of agree with penkitten...i have been to 5 seminars..here in europe even leaving my home to go to sweden for a seminar..i was tricked by these get rich quick nonesense..im not saying all of them faruds but just be carrful and do your background check b4 you join any seminars or groupd..the last seminar i went o was 4 months ago..i was inducted into a class of about 60 people.. unkownly at that time we later discovered that 40 of the people in the class where part of the scam lets say they paid some students to sit in the hall and pretend like they were all part of the stuff. 20 of us were new students at the end of each class they give a testimony about how they made 100,000 under 9 months and **** like that. i was persuaded to buy some stupif tape collections worth 250.. and pay for weekly classes worth 20 each week i attended and said id be rich uner one year..its a long comlicated story..
i was bugg everyday..with honcalls telling me to purchase thier useless tapes and books..i later found out that the main guy that runs the seminar was a fraudstar who had done time. two of his fingers on his lfet hand were actually chopped off..ill im saying is that dont trust them fully.

at least one person agrees that some of these people scam on others and their desire to be set for life.
its a nice desire, however most of us find out that our food generally gets on the table by the work of our brows.(or backs actually.)

these financial freedom while you are young threads are great, however you arent proving them to be true to these guys on here that read them and start to get excited. what i mean is, can you give us a link or pictures of your properties that you already purchased and you have turned over ready to sell on the market?
we want to see the pictures of when you bought them, and pictures of them when they are all fixed up ready to sell so you can make your profit. this would be very benificial to anyone really interested .

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
damn alotta errors in posts i just realised:crackup: i use a damn french keyboard. cant even speak french.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Millionaire tip of the day- Meet a 20yr. old MILLIONAIRE

Originally posted by penkitten
i have been to these seminars before about five years ago.
they tell you very few get rich secrets about real estate however then you must purchase all these books and materials for them to tell you more. they are expensive.
I went to a Russ Whitney seminar a few years ago. Here is what I found-

Did it seem like he had employees working the audience?- YES

Was the information he gave vague?- YES

Did it sound easier than it really is?- YES

Was this a FREE seminar where he was simply advertising to get you to actually PAY MONEY for his materials?- YES, you didn't actually think he was going to work for free, did you?

Were these materials expensive?- YES, to an average Joe without any understanding of the TRUE value of this kind of education

Does Russ Whitney know his sh!t?- YES, I read his first book that cost me $14.95 and paid for itself MANY times over

The first thing you have to understand is that good or bad (and there are some less credible one out there), these guys sell the SIZZLE, not the steak. If they didn't hype up the positive aspects of their information they wouldn't sell ANYTHING. People generally want an easy way out. If you told them up front thirty times that they might actually have to skip a few weekends at the beach or give up their clothes shopping addiction they wouldn't buy your course.

It's called MARKETING. You sell the dream, the positive aspects of your product. Whatever the customer chooses to actually DO with the stuff he/she learns is up to them.

if you cant turn the property around by the end of the time period which is usually 30 days, you end up paying alot more then you bargined for and by then the contractors want to be paid before the property is sold.
people take out loans and then end up having to file bankrupsy.
Negative, negative, negative. Have you ever TRIED this? Or are you just making assumptions?

Ever watch the show Property Ladder? People make money doing this stuff EVERY DAY. Do they ALWAYS make money? Of course not, that's part of the game. But all that matters is that they come out ahead overall.

And your assumption of going broke is based on YOUR situation. Even if you are in poor financial shape you can learn how to borrow enough money that even if you make mistakes in the begining it will buy you time to figure out what you are doing and turn a profit.

bottom line is : not everyone can make themselves rich and stop trusting every seminar.
I agree that you should not trust EVERY seminar. Once you know a little bit about how wealth creation works (read the books I have recommended in the past) you will know how to sort the good from the bad.

The part about not everone can be rich......true, not EVERONE can be rich (economics won't allow it), but ANYONE can choose to be rich if they learn how and follow through. Yes, penkitten, YOU COULD BE IF YOU WANTED TO.

now a days, these commericals and seminars come to town and they trick people into thinking that it is easy and they just sit at home and make a few calls and this can happen to them.
and it could, if you had money to start with to get the contractors and buy a few places that didnt need much work.
As I have said MANY times in the past, lack of money is not an excuse. I started out buying properties with my CREDIT CARDS. I didn't have a cent to my name but my ability to borrow money got me started and is keeping me going to this day.

You sit back and make excuses why things can't be done, meanwhile there are a few people out there who say to themselves, "How CAN I do this", they go out and solve problems and make it happen. Then in a few years you can find them on message boards wasting their time trying to convince the sceptics that it can be done, hehe.

its not that i dont want people to better their situations, its just that you need to look at the risks of your financial situation of if you fail to do all the things you must do within that time period ...
So you would rather spend your life living paycheck to paycheck than take on a few risks and learn how to get yourself out of that rut? Which is riskier? Can you HONESTLY say that barely scraping by is less risky?

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phoenix_of_the_ashes
Whats wrong with enjoying your work? Not everybody wants to get rich.
Dont tell me, any person that knew how to get rich, wouldnt. even if you personally have no use for cash, anything you want to do can be enriched by it, the starving, wildlife, ANYTHING, you grow to like what you do once you see the cashflow.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back on topic.

STR8UP, last time we talked you said "Read read read while you are young, then once you get out of college start doing this"

Well, i have been reading stuff like "The intelligent investor" and "Random Walk down wall street" but didnt read stuff on real estate. Could you point out a few books that would help?

I am checking out richdad forums quite a bit, trying to learn new stuff.

So, for a 21 year old in college with about $1000 to spend, the advice is still the same "Read read read?"

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Gotta step up.

I don't care who dispenses the message, LOOK beneath that and see the merits of what is being talked about.

Anything you name is and can be scammed.

Health supplements.
The stock market.
Real estate.
Business opportunities/MLM.

Jeez I was at Olive Garden and they tried suckering me into buying their wine by giving me a free tasting!!!!

The only thing people link to success or failure is of their own experiences and that of the media. If you've never had anyone burned by a seminar or R/E and your family was made wealthy by it, then you're likely to be very happy. If not, then you might be quite sad.

Bottom line, I think the millions of home owners sitting on gains they never expected from homes that doubled in price would NOT disagree that R/E is a very good place to be, would they? Many of these same home owners pulled equity loans out on the property to improve the home, RATHER than reinvest in other property. Too bad.

Books written by guru's are just teasers and publicity for the bigger picture. You sell a book, then a take home program, then a seminar, some more books, and hopefully a coaching program, which is the top billing. It's been that way for the longest time. Some people extract value from the book, others require more indepth knowledge.

Fact of the matter is, risk is only risky based on the investor NOT on the investment. There are loads of traders who short the market, there are loads of R/E guys doing mega million dollar deals, and there are loads of guys managing investments on behalf of those that don't know better. It's a comfort growth process. The better able the investor, the better the gains and confidence had.

As A.D Kessler says, "there's no bad property, only bad owners." A creative mind finds value anywhere. I read a story about Warren Buffet who bought 6 cans of Coke for .25$ and would sell them for .05$ a piece and net .05$ profit. Sounds small, but if he does that enough time, he's pyramiding profits and inevitably, his profit buys more cans, netting greater profit. So his inborn knack to be wealthy began at age 5 or so and only grew to greater projects.

To me, people do a GREAT disservice to themselves when they do NOT consider all the options they have before themselves, when they shut their mind down from creativity (because that's the wealth generator) and when they naysay an idea. Instead, ask HOW can I improve this, make it faster, more valuable, cheaper, tweak it, etc???

All of these topics mind sound scary, since public education shys away from those topics that are so instrumenal in our future. They don't teach law, or accounting, or finance, or debt, or investing, or R/E, or mortgages, in 95% of public high schools anywhere near the level they should, and most don't hit it in college unless they take the course. And if they take it, most skip it or don't focus.

To me, this stuff is secondary only to eating, breathing, sex, sleep, football, and lifting. It's the life blood of society, or at least BECOMING independent within the confines of society.

A-Unit

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
at least one person agrees that some of these people scam on others and their desire to be set for life.
its a nice desire, however most of us find out that our food generally gets on the table by the work of our brows.(or backs actually.)
It sounds as if you feel like if you aren't doing physical labor you aren't being a productive member of society.

You have to realize that people who own businesses and real estate are the HIGHEST level producers in society. That is why if they are good at it they are rewarded handsomely in the form of money. If it weren't for landlords lots of people would be homeless, and if it weren't for business owners they wouldn't have a job.

these financial freedom while you are young threads are great, however you arent proving them to be true to these guys on here that read them and start to get excited.
I don't get it, what is your point? That I am not giving good information? Not giving complete information?

I have explained MANY times that the key to wealth is VERY simple. Buy assets. It's simple, but I never said it was easy. You HAVE to get out there and learn how to overcome problems such as "not having the money" to get started.

Do you think that I should be telling everyone EXACTLY how to do it? Doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. I have provided the basic facts on how wealthy people get to where they are. There are many books (and seminars and such) that will teach you specific methods for doing specific things. I could easily write hundreds of pages of how-to, but I'm afraid you'll have to buy the book :)

what I mean is, can you give us a link or pictures of your properties that you already purchased and you have turned over ready to sell on the market?
we want to see the pictures of when you bought them, and pictures of them when they are all fixed up ready to sell so you can make your profit. this would be very benificial to anyone really interested .
Yes, I do have pics of my earlier projects, but no, I am not willing to post them because I wish to protect my anonymity. Wouldn't prove anything anyway. I could find the pics anywhere and simply make up numbers if I was full of sh!t.

Besides, I have only done two fixer uppers since I started. Since then I have been involved in business. Nowadays I am in condo conversions and condo pre-construction, and getting strated in commercial RE. I am also selling a portion of my retail business to concentrate more on RE.

Admit it, there isn't anything I could say or do to convince you that I am not a shyster anyway.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RaWBLooD
Dont tell me, any person that knew how to get rich, wouldnt. even if you personally have no use for cash, anything you want to do can be enriched by it, the starving, wildlife, ANYTHING, you grow to like what you do once you see the cashflow.
Yea, I have a strong suspicion that MOST people who say they don't want to be rich only do so because they think it is beyond their reach.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
Back on topic.

STR8UP, last time we talked you said "Read read read while you are young, then once you get out of college start doing this"

Well, i have been reading stuff like "The intelligent investor" and "Random Walk down wall street" but didnt read stuff on real estate. Could you point out a few books that would help?
Although I have posted it quite a few times already, I will start a new thread because everyone keeps asking me and I probably have a few new suggestions.

I am checking out richdad forums quite a bit, trying to learn new stuff.
Some good info over there. A few of the posters seem to know their sh!t too.

So, for a 21 year old in college with about $1000 to spend, the advice is still the same "Read read read?"
Yup, yup, yup. Your first investment should be books. Might not cost you $1000, but even if it did (and you USE the info) it would be a small price to pay to learn such valuable info.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice story, but I did it at 19 and with $200 Dollars, not $100k

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another thing, I haven't worked for anyone but myself since I was 18, I never have to again if I don't want to (and I don't, so I won't) and I would kill myself if I woke up at 12pm on a SATURDAY, let alone any day of the week... That's not good daily habits... that's a wasted day

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
nice story, but I did it at 19 and with $200 Dollars, not $100k
Hats off to you. It shows it can be done, whether the naysayers want to believe it or not.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think everyone should quit their jobs and buy real estate with their credit cards and then sell it for profit. That way, everyone can be the most valuable person in society.

F*ck all those dumb bast*rds who make their living harvesting the food, dumping the trash, paving the roads, building the cars, generating the electricity, delivering the mail, and sh*t like that. They should all quit their jobs and buy real estate with their credit cards. Only p*ssies work for other people.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
another thing, I haven't worked for anyone but myself since I was 18, I never have to again if I don't want to (and I don't, so I won't) and I would kill myself if I woke up at 12pm on a SATURDAY, let alone any day of the week... That's not good daily habits... that's a wasted day
Well, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

Not good habits according to whom?

Saying that "sleeping late is a wasted day" is like saying "to make money you have to work hard". Depends upon the person you are talking about. Most people get up at 7 or 8am and punch a clock to get a paycheck. I sleep late and make my money by playing around with other people's money. Wouldn't trade my life for anything!

I'm a night person. And yes, there is such a thing. I am miserable if I have to get up before 10am. Doesn't matter how long I do it, my body doesn't adjust. So I sleep according to what my body tells me is right (thankfully I have the option to do so) and have a productive day, or force myself to get up early and feel like a slug all day long.

I don't have that little voice in the back of my head nagging me that I am a lazy ass if I don't get up early. And I refuse to do something just because society says that's how you should be doing it, but to each his own.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
I think everyone should quit their jobs and buy real estate with their credit cards and then sell it for profit. That way, everyone can be the most valuable person in society.

F*ck all those dumb bast*rds who make their living harvesting the food, dumping the trash, paving the roads, building the cars, generating the electricity, delivering the mail, and sh*t like that. They should all quit their jobs and buy real estate with their credit cards. Only p*ssies work for other people.
No one made any negative references to what people choose to do with their time. Sounds like someone is bitter.

I'm sure that attitude will get you far in life, good luck.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP
No one made any negative references to what people choose to do with their time. Sounds like someone is bitter.
Neither did I. I was just saying that I think those worthless people should wake up and stop working for other people. Working for other people is for p*ssies, that's all I'm saying. People who buy real estate with credit cards are more valuable members of society than people who generate electricity or build cars, that's all I'm getting at. I'm just agreeing with you.