Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

LOST theories

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
I figured Locke would make a more prominent appearance. Centering around Jack and Kate in the future was a bit too much.
So whose funeral do you think it was? I'm guessing either Ben or Locke. Those are the only two whose funeral I think Jack would go to who he would not consider a friend.

And what about Penny being on the screen before Charlie drowned? I wonder if her father is somehow connected to either the Dharma Initiative or the Others. Oh...and props to Hurley for the most effective use of a vehicle in an emergency!

And Walt! I am thinking that Jacob took on Walt's form...to save Locke.

And Jack's saying they weren't supposed to leave and they needed to go back just makes for more questions...and we have to wait until freaking FEBRUARY of next year to learn more. Lost needs to be on all year long...seriously!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
the flash forward ruined it for me. i wasnt ready to know that they got off the island, since it hasnt happened yet.
my favorite part was when i was yelling at the screen for someone to shoot tom in the head, sawyer shot him right that second!

part i hated the most, when sayid and jin were willing to die in order to do what had to be done, and then bernard is over there telling it all. jin is telling him "no talk" and im over here screaming at the tv "just shoot the tattle tale!"
lol...the biggest WTF moment...when Ben tells Alex that Danielle is her mother and the first words Rousseau speaks to her daughter is "want to help me tie him up?" hahahahaha

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Wow, I was seriously...sad about that episode.

You don't realize how much of a focal piece the Island has become in the show until the idea they could leave it becomes reality.

My thoughts...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If they remain OFF the island, the show tanks. Personally, I won't watch it. What I think happened regarding that...

- Either jack is having flash forwards before making some move on the beach, or they somehow return, much like Desmond did time after time to "get it right." Maybe it's a flash back, and he, and they, have to get back to have "lives" again, or protect the island.
- Once the show concluded, the magical properties were evident between ON-the-island-Jack vs OFF-the-island-jack. Jack on the island was controlled, off booze, off drugs, found 2 possible loves, made progress, saved people, and was collected. Jack OFF the island was a mess. Period. The island didn't care who they were BEFORE. It only cares and exudes what they ARE or CAN be on it. Sawyer was someone better. Kate was someone better. Locke could walk, and lead people, and was a survivalist. BUT OH NO. "HAVE TO GET OFF THE ISLAND."

After reading a few sites, some "theories" began gelling for me...

- Is it possible the first 3 seasons were merely FLASHBACKS for Jack, since he is credited with saving them, and played the most central part in the whole storyline? And going forward, somehow, Jack does return, but has to round all the remaining losties to accomplish that? As Locke put it, they were there for a reason. Too many things in common. Perhaps they are meant to be protectors and progenators of the island, and that was why they shouldn't have gotten off?
- It appears Charlie died in vain. Perhaps it's like the Dark Tower, where they have to do it differently, and do it again. There's only a few places to go from here...

A) IT was a flashback from Jack's perspective, and they will have to return to the island somehow.
B) It's one of many possible outcomes, and like Desmond, Jack has to go back or remember what happens and stop it before it does.
C) It was a flashforward. You don't see them actually rescued, you assume it. Perhaps at the end, the more hostile attackers do attack, and the Losties and Others band together for 1 final push, spewing ALL the secrets out for everyone. I have read that both Ben and the Losties group up, and that there is a more hostile force trying to reclaim the island.

This more hostile force COULD be a corporation, perhaps Penelope's father, in conjunction with the Hanzo Corporation and Dharma Initiative? Penelope may not KNOW what her Dad does, but it would explain why she has some near immediate communication with that channel on that island. The coincidences in this show are meant to serve a purpose, and its no coincidence Penelope had a lock on the Looking Glass the minute the Jammer went down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That ending theme is a big one, for all people. Jack, and all the Losties, HAD WHAT THEY needed. So funny how they were FIGHTING and DYING to return to their "prisons", when on the island, they initially FELT it to be a prison. Every person who was once "broken" was made whole and useful on the island, despite the attemps of Ben and the Others to thin their ranks and use them for testing. This seems to be a theme in our lives, too, where the grass is greener, and we fight tooth and nail for what we "expect" to be better circumstances only to ruin the paradise we had because we're too naive and stupid to see that. The Dark Tower books had the same theme, as well as never giving up, and that you may not succeed on your first try, but as long as you make progress each time, you'll get there. It's funny how we see symbols when we need to see them.

There's alot going on, but evidently the Island means ALOT to the Losties, and were they sure to prevent them from returning, or just tell events backwards in time, much like the short-lived show called "The Nine" told the events of 9 survivors of a bankrobbery and was soon cancelled, then the show we take a DIVE. People love the cast as much as they love the island. And in the end, I think we all want to see the people we rooted 3 seasons for heal as people, and also disclose the mysteries of the island, and ALL the people, even the dead "others."

Too many theories floating around right now. There's nothing concrete. Some people say it is Locke in the box, and perhaps that's the case. Perhaps not being on the island weakended him, whereas being on the island strengthened him, and he died upon return. Or, perhaps Locke ran back to lead the Others and notify them of the New group coming to play. Simply by the fact that Locke survived that shooting he would garner their favor and be worthy of their leadership. Whereas, Ben may have been kicked off the island or killed when the New Group came and can't lead them, or wasn't allowed to lead them. Season 4 could possibly see Locke and the others trying to "bring" back the Losties to regain the island the their rightful homes. (Which was evident).

My head is spinning, and much of the occurrences were actually sad and to me, only lead to drag the story with many questions into next season:

1) What actually happened? Flashforward, flashback? DO they return to the island, or is it all about how they live off the island now?
2) Where did Locke go?
3) Who was in the coffin?
4) Is Charlie dead if no one got off the island and Jack goes back through time to fix the events?
5) Why was Penelope the 1st person on the monitor when Charlie opened communication?
6) What IS the island?
7) Why were those people called there and why was there such a deep link between all of them?
8) Who is Richard?
9) Who is Jacob?
10) Who installed all the fancy technology and why? Initially the dharma initiative was a funded science mission seeking to explore the properties of the island. How did they fund it?How was Ben able to Jam communication thereafter?
11) Where does the island exist, in time and location?
12) WHo actually rescued them? Who was naomi?

We need answers.

A-Unit

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I've just watched the finale. It still left too many unanswered questions for my liking and felt a bit dragged out, but I liked the ending and I wouldn't mind if the next season is set off the island. I think it will probably be difficult to set it on the island without disregarding that ending.

I would guess that it was Ben or Locke who died too since Jack said he was neither friend nor family, but why would either of them leave the island?

I'm actually quite sad the season has finished now. :(

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the funeral was in a predominately african american neighborhood.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
the funeral was in a predominately african american neighborhood.
I don't think that's relevant. If no one showed up to the viewing/funeral then no one would be paying for the funeral. That would mean they would have it in the cheapest place, which would explain the location. I think it's either Locke or Ben.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
yemi who?
Echo's brother, the priest...he was in the plane with all the drug filled virgin mary statues.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
o well sheesh hes already dead
maybe john locke or juliette or jacob
who knows

but naomi has to be working for pennys dad

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Jack had no idea of who Yemi was so it makes no sense for him to have gone boo-hooing to his funeral. Besides, Yemi was allowed to come to the island to have Eko repent for his sins,which he did and was then punished accordingly before being sent home.

Best guess? I'd say it was Sawyer who's funeral he was attending. Ben wouln't have been taken alive off of the Island and neither would Locke. They would've killed themselves before being taken off of it. Sawyer was not his friend but someone with whom he did have a close tie with. Kate.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I think Jack considered both Juliette and Sawyer friends. Kate is with someone, who I'm guessing is Sawyer. She also has a child...which was likely conceived with Sawyer on the island...which is probably why she chose him over Jack.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but they never said kate had a child and we dont know for sure if she is pregnant right now. unless i missed something, i only heard her say "i have to get back, he will be wondering where i am".
i think "he " could mean sawyer or a child but we dont know for sure.

i think that the lady he hit might have been claire and aaron but not sure, might not be a connection there.

the newspaper clipping says "man found dead" and his name was jo (unreadable)nthan of new york was killed in california.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't Locke's first name John?

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

1) I can't see all the hooplah about The Fuselage site. Either it's too crowded or I need to harder.

2) It isn't Yemi. He would be dead BEFORE Jack could know of his existence. Remember he was dead on the island? Killed in front of Echo? For Jack to be aware of his existence MEANS it's post-island to attend his funeral, which wouldn't be had, since he was already. It could be Echo, and Kate would/should go then, but he wasn't liked enough to have a funeral anywhere NEAR jacks place.

3) Why are Jack and Kate, and whoever the person in the Casket is, in close proximity? Is it just coincidence?...Or...?

4) Jack mentions his dad. The clue to figuring out when the flashback occurred, and if it's a flash forward is knowing...was his dad dead or not when he said that? If Jack's father IS alive when he said that, then was already at the island 1 time, and the episode we saw is the 2nd run around...and the conclusion that we "think" they get off is NOT true. They aren't necessarily rescued, from Jack's flash-whatever and the conclusion of the island story, YOU assume that. But, if you take what happened as fact.

-Jack's dad is alive.
-Therefore the time WE watched the past 3 years that had Jack's dad as dead is his SECOND time around, since the episodes had Jack on that plane b/c his father was dead.
-That would make it a FLASHBACK, and, possibly Jack is trying to do it right again.

If you read into it, more than what was shown/said, then people assume his dead is actually dead upstairs in his reference, and it's actually what happens AFTER the rescue.

HOWEVER, maybe Kate was actually married to that guy (from Serenity, Firefly), and she met Jack somewhere along the line saying "we have to go back, we weren't supposed to leave." We didn't see ALL of her timeline. And MAYBE, everyone got on the plane for that specific purpose. Finally, it's possible, for the sake of "going back" their memories are partially wiped out or something to that effect. I'm reaching here, but without cement, it's not concrete, so I can't buy anything yet.

A-Unit

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops,

Maybe the flashback/flashforward parts of the season finale were really a hallucination, similar to the ones that Desmond keeps having. Maybe now that Jack has "crossed the line" he is NOW being granted a glimpse into his OWN possible future if the rescue plan goes forth.

OR, maybe it IS a Desmond future projection moment, or maybe it's somebody else besides him who is NOW having those future glimpses as well. And maybe THAT person will rise up and stop the rescue from progressing by convincing Jack et all from allowing themselves to be rescued after all.

No matter how the scenario plays out, don't be surprised if next season starts with the losties having changed their minds about just WHO they will allow to rescue them.

Maybe they will be convinced that the people that are coming really ARE a greater threat to their lives than even Ben is. And if so, I think they'll join forces with the OTHERS in an uneasy alliance in order to fight off their unnamed, unknown, supposed "rescuers".

Don't be surprised if next season's LOST turns out to be A BATTLE FOR THE ISLAND.

At least, if I were writing it, that's what I'd do...lol

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
You bastards watch too much TV!!!!! Get out of The Matrix!!!