Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing belly

(Sic)KNot

Don Juan
Reaction score
if i train hard my abs in which amount of time can i lose my belly? it really starts to suck and i cant use some tight clothes that i used to wear.

DJLiquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
A common misconception many people have is that in order to get great abs all they need to do is sit-ups...training your abs will make them stronger BUT in order for you to see them...you have to lose fat...therefore, you have to do cardio....no way around it man...run for 20 minutes a day...6 times a week...and get on a good diet....and you will see your rock hard abs before you know it....good luck to you...

-DJLiquid

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crunches will build your abs not help you lose fat. To lose fat you must go on a diet that creates a calorie deficit meaning you burn more calories daily than you consume, I would also recommend some HIIT cardio 4 times per week.

Like my bro str8flexed from bb.com says "Ab's are made in the kitchen."

gym addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey newbie, whats your nick on bbing.com's forum?

I agree with the above said that diet and cardio are the key to having abdominals. You may want to look into Lipoderm-Y or Absolved by avantlabs...i used lipoderm precontest with good results. Suggest you look into it. www.avantlabs.com

Note: for the lipoderm to work, you MUST be in a caloric deficit or else the fat will redeposit itself again. Lipoderm is only used to mobilize fat into the blood stream, not burn it.

(Sic)KNot

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is i work and i wake up at 8.00 and leave work at 18.00., then i go home have something to eat then at 19.30 i go to the gym to workout and arrive home at 22.00. I wonder if i can go running after having dinner, let's say, at 23.00 or 23.00.

What do you guys say??

LilJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best time to do cardio is on an empty stomach. The reason why is because there is no food in your stomach and it will start to burn fat for fuel. If you run after you have eaten your body will use the glucose in your blood stream from the food for energy and will never get to the fat.

Also, really you should do cardio 3-4 times a week and lift some weights. this is because if you do to much cardio your body will also start to eat up lean muscle which is bad because lean muscle is what burns off the fat.

You workout/lift different for fatloss than you do to get bigger.

as it was said, abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym. you can have the strongest abs in the world but if you have a layer of fat on them they wont show. America is hung up on a quick fix and spot training which is all BS. Your body doesn't loose weight that way. It doesn't loose it off your azz just because you spend 45 minutes a day on a stairmaster. Getting in shape is hard, trust me i know, if it was easy, everyone would look great.

gym addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LilJuan
The best time to do cardio is on an empty stomach. The reason why is because there is no food in your stomach and it will start to burn fat for fuel. If you run after you have eaten your body will use the glucose in your blood stream from the food for energy and will never get to the fat.
Read this post and this article in their entirety http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99420
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter2.htm

They discuss the whole "cardio on an empty stomach" topic. Bottom line is that cortisol levels are high in the morning after a state of fasting ... throw in some cardio... and if muscle is what you want to lose, then this will get the job done. If you think protein will counteract the cortisol then im sorry to inform you that protein does little to counteract cortisol. Insulin is the one that does the suppressing of cortisol.

(Sic)KNot

Don Juan
Reaction score
So basically i need a diet to lose weight right?, despite of working out. What diet should i follow to lose the fat around my waist and stomach? What kind of food should i eat? im really lost here guys, because i work and at lunch i dont have time to go home and prepare something, all i have around here is fast food, mac donalds, pizza hut, etc. I also have a supermarket but i dont know what to buy.

Vegetables??

Fruits??

meat? (what kinds of meat)

fish?? ( which types of fish)

Should i take out carbs from my diet for the moment??
I read that carbs are if you workout a lot. I do workout a lot but i need to lose some localized fat also. Im not fat at all, just in some localized specific areas which i mentioned before

Thanks

CONAN

Don Juan
Reaction score
You cant localise fat loss, it is synthesised from all over your body,
You have no control where it is lost from, let your body decide, it will do a better job anyway,
get your shoes on and "run forest run"
Regards
C