Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, looks matter. BUT how someone looks is completely up to personal interpretation by others (the hottie may think your wing is good looking, but you don't for example).

So, take a hottie whos value system places personality over looks, and you will probably find her with somone that OTHERS would percieve as not being in her league. On the other hand, the hottie who values looks over personality will be found with the handsome dude. But throw this into the mix - the average looking joe who has game. Now this guy knows how to build attraction, so he is capable of winding up with the hottie who prefers looks, because there are always exceptions to these rules. It's no secret that some guys who are considered good looking can be total AFC's, although a lot of the time that's not the initial assumption.

Too many times I read here where someone replies to a post, and the response is such that you can tell the poster read it and took the information verbatim. There are always exceptions to the rules that folks post about, but for me, I try to stick with what appears to be high return on investment advice, and screen out the exceptions.

The below is the way I see the looks thing as it applies to INITIAL attraction. Of course the numbers will vary according to the girl, the situation - whatever. But for what it's worth:

Looks - 50%
Verbal game - 40%
Dumb luck - 10%

JHeights83rd

Don Juan
Reaction score
u mention friends

ok
attraction and interest level is not a choice for the girl. Its not logical for her so when she says she prefers looks over personality or vice versa it might not b that accurate. If her friends dont like ur personality thats different, then shes gonna start knitpicking about how u act. But looks she really cant change how she sees u b/c of her friends.
like i said. to any girl with options, if she sees a 3 or 4 talking to her, shes gonna have no romantic interest in him at all. even if he knows how to build attraction, shes gonna dead that kind of convo, and be nonresponsive to it. but if she thinks hes 6 than thats different. his game will get her.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say that looks get you in the door. If you look halfway decent to good, girls will give you a chance upfront. If you don't, it takes some time for them to even percieve you as date/f*ck material. I think the average to dumpy looking guys can get hot girlfriends, but they have to work at it a lot more. If you want to just hook up in very little time (less than a week to a few hours) you need to be fairly attractive.

Case in point: a University of Washington study finds that excessive weight is more of a turnoff than a sexually transmitted disease when it comes to choosing a mate. Men are even more harsh, they'd rather date a woman with an STD or physical disability than someone who was fat. This comes straight out of February's issue of Men's Health.

I can personally vouch for it. Junior year of HS I was 6'0" 195 and girls couldn't get enough of me since I had game. After having appendicitis, not being able to work out for two months, and losing my regular routine I was at 230 and got very few dates (still went out with some smoking hot girls though, that's what game is for). That's why this year's resolution is to get back to 200 pounds, because I really am not going to put too much effort into b1tches since there's so much else on my plate.

mroriginal2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wiesman44
You're only 17, and i take it you've never been to college or have taken a psychology class. Go take that class and you'll see that genetically, ugly goes with ugly, attractive with attractive.

And your version of an "ugly guy" is probably someone with average looks.
I go to a community college for G.e.d and no, I dont need to take a college class or watch the discovery channel to know who finds who attractive.

mroriginal2

Don Juan
Reaction score
want more proof? Look at PUA tyler durden Hes short,fat, and ugly but hes proof that looks dont matter. What you are doing is poisoning these guys into thinking they need a reality check when looks are not all you need in real life. call me a kid or whatever but ive seen the city, and night life and its not all about looks. I know this 5'5 guy whos going out with a 5'9 HB9,and a goodlooking chick at that, pretty face, great body,(could be a model). even back in highschool ive seen ugly ass guys holding hands with attractive HBs.
Dont listen to weisman because hes taking a college class and thinks life goes that way, hes been watching too much discovery channel lol
Why do women go after goodlooking guys? because of social status. once you make them believe you are very social shell see you as a fun guy to hang around with, along with seducing her and you got her . be a positive light in her eyes and shell have no choice but to hang out with you. remember you have to make her believe you have something of value. Social status is a makeup for looks. knowing people, and knowing your way around is an excelent reason for HBs wanting to hang out with you.

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: u mention friends

Originally posted by JHeights83rd
ok
attraction and interest level is not a choice for the girl. Its not logical for her so when she says she prefers looks over personality or vice versa it might not b that accurate. If her friends dont like ur personality thats different, then shes gonna start knitpicking about how u act. But looks she really cant change how she sees u b/c of her friends.
like i said. to any girl with options, if she sees a 3 or 4 talking to her, shes gonna have no romantic interest in him at all. even if he knows how to build attraction, shes gonna dead that kind of convo, and be nonresponsive to it. but if she thinks hes 6 than thats different. his game will get her.
I agree with this.... its not a logical thing to a woman, either she feels your looks or not.

but once she does find you ok- looking, then the game you have will help you a lot.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wiesman44
Looks matter a LOT. Most of you are either skinny or ugly, and you all make up for it by trying to convince yourselves otherwise......that looks don't matter.

I seriously don't understand how you all can argue that they don't matter. Do any of u go to clubs ? The best looking, buff guys get the hot girls 90% of the time.

Those of you that are trying to make yourself feel better b/c your ugly, have fun with that.
No trust me that really, really isn't the case. I myself am better than average looking but since coming on this site i have gotten laid a LOT more, and I know a lot of ugly guys that get their fair share.

To be fair, your well immature for your age, and I would bet anything that you don't get a lot of sex.....KBJ

Then theres this 'ugly goes with ugly and attartive with attractive' thing. Maybe in hollywood films...but go out into the actual, real world, notthe on TV and you'll find this isn't the case a LOT of the time.

I know what your doing WISEMAN.
Your not getting laid at all.

If your ugly then your using your bad looks as an excuse not to make an effort.
If your good-looking, your using your looks to reassure yourself that it " will happen".

This is all wrong. You will only get laid by getting some game...and not being p.rick as well...ppl don't like p.ricks

spitkicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks matter 100%....

IN YOUR HEAD.

The only place that looks matter is in your self concept.

If you think you look stunning, you will act accordingly. You will get the girl.

In the outside world..yeah, its nice to be good looking....it gives you an advantage...but it doesnt win the game....good teams fight from behind and come back to win...

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be well groomed and have great style. That’s all you need.

Wear cool clothes that work for you. Fix your hair so it works for you face. Women notice if you don’t take care of yourself more then if you’re handsome or not.

Look at style. the man's a goblin. But he shaved his head, grew a cool goatee and got some seriously awesome clothes. couple that with a great spirit, posative energy and alphaness and you go the best pikcup artist in the world.

how could you say that looks are 90% of your game when we have people like him getting more ass the a toilet seat?

JHeights83rd

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok taking care of yourself is good and you need to do it if u wanna talk to girls. You have to have some self confidence,
(making affirmations to yourself that ur the ish is too much self confidence. ure not the ***t if u were u wont b on this site. experience + some self confidence = real confidence)

Ok but even with u doing ur best, theyre are some girls that are just not gonna b feeling your look. A girl can see you and she will take no interest in you whatsoever.
Logan, ure from NYC like me, u know that girls have advantage. they can date pretty far up in age.
youre from NY i dont need to tell u how fast it is. Girls have had alot of dudes talking to them. b/c more guys try to talk to them, theyre standards are really high, so that the guy has to b kinda cute, and all that, for her to stop being single, even if they dont have options at the time.
even av looking 7s have options. (along with the option to be single) Most 7s up have atleast 3 - 4 guys trying to talk to them.

How many guys u see in NY doing cold approaches like on the train in the street,(and actually get the time of day) its kinda funny to watch guys try to holla at girls on the train and they get deaded.
They can get guys, from the girls they chill w/ who can sweep them off their feet, and have some kind of look she likes too.

Logan, being bald doesnt necessarily stamp u less attractive. yes the comb overs are bad, but someone with theyre hair low who starts thining on top, thats no biggie.
trust me, with options that a girl has if she doesnt find u physically attractive in any way, the convo wont get to the point where ur sweeping her off her feet. She will not let the convo go there. shell start being vague about ***t and start being real alof.

JHeights83rd

Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry

sorry guys i tend to b a little once sided here. im talking from NYC experience. (i go to college North Philly right now) but back at home i got girls on my floor, girls the floors below mines, in the next building from mine and the next building and the next one. NY is fast and saying "shell have no choice but to..." no she does have a choice. not just a choice, alot of choices. but thats my experience.
I should b more broad focused and think about some of u guys from the suburbs where life isnt as fast and girls dont have as many choices.
Im not saying looks r alll u need, but if she has any kind of options. she has to like something or else ull hear her say "yeah that guys cool and fun to b around and funny but im not into him like that" not my type 'never really looked at him like that' then long term, girls complain about how theres no good guys and theyve been single for along time. (most girls rather b single than b with someone they dont see as the man)

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I smell an excuse in this thread! :D

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women do more for me, go further for me, hold me longer, kiss me more passionately, fu*k me harder, and fall in love with me in a matter of days... because Im handsome.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i believe that ANYONE ON EARTH who TAKES CARE OF THEMSELVES will do fine in the looks department

but if you dont care about your body it shows

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
p.s. if i was balding i would use it as an excuse to shave my head.... ive always wanted to shave my head but i like my hair too :(

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JHeights83rd
ok taking care of yourself is good and you need to do it if u wanna talk to girls. You have to have some self confidence,
(making affirmations to yourself that ur the ish is too much self confidence. ure not the ***t if u were u wont b on this site. experience + some self confidence = real confidence)

Ok but even with u doing ur best, theyre are some girls that are just not gonna b feeling your look. A girl can see you and she will take no interest in you whatsoever.
Logan, ure from NYC like me, u know that girls have advantage. they can date pretty far up in age.
youre from NY i dont need to tell u how fast it is. Girls have had alot of dudes talking to them. b/c more guys try to talk to them, theyre standards are really high, so that the guy has to b kinda cute, and all that, for her to stop being single, even if they dont have options at the time.
even av looking 7s have options. (along with the option to be single) Most 7s up have atleast 3 - 4 guys trying to talk to them.

How many guys u see in NY doing cold approaches like on the train in the street,(and actually get the time of day) its kinda funny to watch guys try to holla at girls on the train and they get deaded.
They can get guys, from the girls they chill w/ who can sweep them off their feet, and have some kind of look she likes too.

Logan, being bald doesnt necessarily stamp u less attractive. yes the comb overs are bad, but someone with theyre hair low who starts thining on top, thats no biggie.
trust me, with options that a girl has if she doesnt find u physically attractive in any way, the convo wont get to the point where ur sweeping her off her feet. She will not let the convo go there. shell start being vague about ***t and start being real alof.
i've see train sarges. street srages, club sarges. i've seen the work and crash. if a guy knows what he's doing then the fact that these are NYC girls means very little.

when you come back to NYC look up a guy called Brad P. he offers super cheap couching (we're talking like 80 per night) and he knows what he's doing.

mroriginal2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMF
Women do more for me, go further for me, hold me longer, kiss me more passionately, fu*k me harder, and fall in love with me in a matter of days... because Im handsome.
No your not, post a pic b!tch. :D

JHeights83rd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive done sarges b4 mosly back when i was in 10th grade. For the most part u have to find a girl by herself, but a few times a group of all girls might be receptive. Both of those r extremely rare. most cases ull get a group of girls and guys chilling. a guy will feel disrespected if u try to go over and talk to their girls. Ive lived in Jackson Heights qnz, bx, and bk, i go hood hopping alot, its rare. if u do see 1 theyre usually in a rush to go to friends' house or something. the luis and copeland article says it the best. that wanting to sarge women on the street like that is a sign that u have to get a life. these r the hardest type mostly b/c their defenses r so high for a stranger to b talking to them

all the girls i know as friends (over 100), will not do the following:
(1) give their # to some guy on the street
(2) give their # to some guy at a club
(3) meeting guys off the internet
its not how they do stuff
in a big dense city u gotta network and chill, thats how u meet girls. ur girl 'friends' put them right in front of u.
on the street nowadays, some girls will talk and b friendly, but they wont give u their # b/c theyre afraid of giving theyre # out to a stranger. and ur still a stranger to them even after u talk to them, they dont claim to know ur personality or be on any comfort zone with u (unless u talk for atleast 20 mins, most girls do not have 20 mins alone wheree they can b talking to some guy) would u give ur # out to army recruiter. thats how it feels when a total stranger wants her #.
one thing i dont do alot is go to manhattan to those parties in 20s streets and 30s. but those girls r more open.
When u meet girls off other girls, u lead the convo in interesting way to make her feel like ur the man and she gets to know u again and again, its less game, more holding interesting convo among girls.

Fash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by L777

i mean, theres evidence to back up the opinion that looks arent all that important, take all he best PUAs, and (no offence) our very own Fash
Thanks man! not sure if that is a compliment or not. However, I don't consider my self as ugly or unbelievably good looking.

I guess where I do well is the way i carry my self. I dress well, always smell good and ALWAYS come across as very confident. I come across as someone who thinks "I'm confident with the way i look, and if you don't like it, you shouldnt be here talking to me"

There are always ways of making a girl feel attracted to you, even if she originally isnt.

I tried this one last night:

(thanks to tyler durden i must admit)

me: Hey, its funny, i'm just sitting here talking to you, and all you can do is stare at my lips!
her: blushing, oh my god! i so wasnt!
me: look, you're doing it again!
her: ha ha ha ha ha (starts looking at my lips)
me: oh my god! you're such a sexual predator! stop being so attracted to me! i'm just trying to have a conversation.

Next thing I knew she grabbed my hand and gave me the "i want you" look.

She then got up on the stage at this bar and started singing! apparently she was well known and i had no idea.

anyways, i had to leave but it was fun anyway!

:)

LeviathanIYG

Banned
Reaction score
LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS do they matter or not?

Every single week a new arguments starts on here about looks. I think this thread should be stickied not because it is a amazing thread (it only took me 5 min to write) but so people get the idea that looks don't matter as much as they think they do and they stop arguing the fact. A

Let’s Face It

Looks do matter to both men and women YES THEY DO, if really ugly women decide to make a female version of SoSuave and they learn how to properly seduce men we won't be any more attracted to them.

WHY?

They are ugly that’s why and because we as men will always see them as below average looking and will not bother. This is because as men we feel attraction on a more basic level. We go primarily for looks and sex appeal.

Women on the other hand have a deeper feeling towards attraction. YES looks do come into play for women (there is no denying it) but they are more attracted to wait for it……………..

How a MAN makes her FEEL.

It’s true women are a lot more interested in how a man makes her feel then looks. Yes if she is out for a ONS she will hookup with whoever is hottest but if she is looking for a relationship or a f*ck buddy, she is more likely than not going to go with a guy that has good game and average looks then a super hot male model who is dull, self interested, boring and has no game.

It is a lot easier for men to look good all we need to do is hit the gym and take care of ourselves. Fashion, not being overweight, good haircut is all we really need.
It is about looking the best YOU can.

Where is the proof?

The pest PUA’s in the world Dan (Badboy), Cortez, Shark, Style are all average looking guys. Well Dan actually is below average and he has a physical disability from being shot in the head (he has a limp and he can’t sit down properly). He had ****ed 2 Miss World contestants and countless other hotties. When he was here in Sydney he picked up 9’s and 10’s and he has quite a few very attractive girl friends back in Croatia.

Cortez was overweight and has an average looking face he picks up women that most men here only dream about.

Style average looking guy he is dating that hot blonde.

David DeAngelo Average looking he gets his fair share to.

Just because some of you can’t get women don’t blame it on your looks BE A MAN, take action and work on your inner game and outer game.

I will say it again looks do count don’t get me wrong so do big expensive shiny cars, big wads of money, fame and a big house, but they are definitely not the be all and end all of all. If you have game and you are confident about yourself you can date or fu*k just about any woman in the world.

People the proof is there the best DJ’s, PUA’s among us are average looking and some slightly above average (Mystery). I have yet to see one that is super hot.

On a side not when Badboy was in Sydney I got a chance to meet him because he is a friend of a friend. I saw one of the workshops and there were a lot of very attractive guys that attended. What does that tell you? If you got no game looks don’t mean sh*t.

I would just like to ad I am a good looking guy so don’t think this post is from an ugly guy trying to convince himself that looks don’t matter.

I will say it one more time so I can hammer it in to people’s heads LOOKS DO MATTER but it is not the be all and end all of seduction. Women are attracted to how a man makes them feel. If you got game and self confidence you can out play any good looking guy.

Be realistic

Women are judgmental (YES THEY ARE) and they are not stupid either, if you are downright ugly I mean acne, overweight, bad hygiene and have no fashion sense you will find it hard to attract the super models most men want.

So what’s the solution?

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Got to the gym, get acne treatment buy some new cloths, brush you’re your f*cking teeth. A little common sense goes a long way.

You want to sleep with super models you need to look your best.

AngelusPUA

Status
Not open for further replies.