Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looking For Ways To Build Male Friendships/Hobbies

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right subforum for this.

What hobbies do you guys have that generate male friendships?

Where have you ended up meeting most of your male friends?

I have very few friends and very little time. Once I actually have time, I have to expand my social circle.
Ideally looking for other successful dudes (money, looks, girls, etc) to connect with. I need people to help me push myself and grow.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Music & Fishing
Music not only good for Male friends but also female interests.
Fishing is more "get away from women, just you & the elements, but I've met some very successful (Lawyers, Doctors) fishing buddies that were passionate anglers.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fishing is more "get away from women, just you & the elements, but I've met some very successful (Lawyers, Doctors) fishing buddies that were passionate anglers.
You a member of a fishing club or something?
Fishing from a boat or on land?
(my dad is a semi-pro bass fisher)

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You a member of a fishing club or something?
Fishing from a boat or on land?
(my dad is a semi-pro bass fisher)
I've fished commercially & recreationally for decades, well connected in the fishing community in my area, and online.

I fish offshore & from shore, any where there is salt water.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hunting is a good way to meet guys and forge relationships. I take a group of guys bird hunting every year. I always invite my friends and have them invite a few of their friends. Always end up making new friends and making business connections.

Also anything involving cars is a good way. Many of those relationships turned into business relationships.

Joining civic organizations is beneficial as well.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Motorcycles too, but I don't think anyone should get a motorcycle in order to find friends.
Yes. Except my motorcycle friends got me in trouble. Lol. Sure was fun tho.

CaptFinnBad

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right subforum for this.

I have very few friends and very little time. Once I actually have time, I have to expand my social circle.
Ideally looking for other successful dudes (money, looks, girls, etc) to connect with. I need people to help me push myself and grow.
Fishing

Schutzhund (a protection dog sport ).

I've recently got into painting war hammer because it relaxes me I'm thinking of joining a club to play at and cultivate male friends.

Another one of mine was the gym, always used to have a gym buddy I'd train with. (I built a home gym and train there now).

Just find a hobby your interested in. Most the time there are clubs and groups you can join.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Airsoft clubs ..... basically everything involving sports, fighting, gaming, fishing/hunting is the way to find masculine friends.

What keeps popping up in my mind again and again is founding some sort of local gentlemens club("fightclub" comes to mind).

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What keeps popping up in my mind again and again is founding some sort of local gentlemens club("fightclub" comes to mind).
I was with a group of 'playfighters' where we would just use an MMA club and wrestle and exchange tips. That was mixed though, so I'd also 'fight' with women. Good fun.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here.
Its hard when you have little time and also are highly selective and don't want to hang our with a bunch of losers. It narrows the social cycle possibilities a lot too.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I set up my life to surround myself with women in every capacity because I really love women, so most of my friends are women, but of course I have some good male friends as well.

The older you get, the more important it is to get established within a few trusted communities. I did this by bringing people together and leading groups who were interested in the things I was interested in. Doesn't matter what interest or hobby it is, and it doesn't matter if groups for that already exist or not in your local area. If you can't join one, make one. Practice leadership.

Making male friends is easy as hell. You don't really have to do anything special. Just don't be a weirdo. Compliment them. Invite them to stuff. If you recognize their value, ask for their advice in the ways you are trying to be more like them.

I still prefer female friends, though. Can't get enough of that feminine energy.

lubstur

Don Juan
Reaction score
School mostly. Gym second, and a lot less, most guys at gyms don't waste time chatting. The friends I make at the gym has to be instant vibe, and it's usually kind of shallow.

School, it's always school. My job didn't allow me to befriend anyone.

I still think the best way to make friends is through doing something enjoyable.

Sounds like you're trying to socialize w/ people of a certain status, OR people who could elevate your status. Seems disingenuous when you "need people to help me push myself and grow."

*Edit: I've gone to some clubs or festivals with friends from school and they've brought other groups as well. There's Valentino Kahn concert coming soon but I need to prep for coming midterms.

I cut out a lot of what I originally wrote bc it seems wrong for me to make assumptions or push on any advice but I think it's important you try to make friends NOW. You can always make friends even when you're busy. No reason to not try right now.

Last edited:

Nitrozv20

Don Juan
Reaction score
I fish competitively and its a great way to network with men. Although there are a lot of loser men who fish competitively regarding alcohol and what not. The top guys don't party or drink, and study lake maps, weather conditions, and barometric pressures before a tournament. Those are the guys you want to pair up with.

Smaller gyms not commercial gyms

Fast cars and motorcycles

halfguard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jiu jitsu easily.
Gym after awhile.

Those are the places I've made my tightest guy relationships over the last 15 years. And from there you can filter the success minded types from the shleps.