Lakers vs. Celtics Finals

Truman181

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright man, I'll look on Youtube for those dunks. I'll give it a chance (and I'm not just saying that). I didn't say he looked weird, I just don't think he has the same grace as Jordan. But I'll look and keep an open mind.

I also never claimed Lebron James was that good either. Nor did I compare Kobe to Mike before the Finals. I don't compare people to Mike. He's the greatest of all time for a reason. Mike isn't human, as Larry Bird said "He's God disguised as Michael Jordan".

As to the Iverson play, I wasn't impressed (big surprise right?). MJ was 35 when that happened, well past his prime.

And as for comparing him to Pippen, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Pippen is my second favorite player of all time and voted to the NBA's top 50 greatest. I think Pippen and Kobe's physical skills are very similar. That's not a slam. Kobe does have the advantage over Pippen in that he has nerves of steel like Jordan. But what he has lacked so far is Jordan's fire and competitive spirit.

But listen dude, we can get caught up comparing the two all day long. From my point of view, Kobe will always fall short in the comparison. So to sit here and compare him to someone he isn't is a discredit to what he brings to the table.

Think about it. If MJ had never played no one would make the comparison and people would just enjoy seeing Kobe play. So let's stop comparing him and just enjoy seeing where his career goes.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok so allen iverson made a shot against jordan.. oh wow so jordan actually gave up points-- did you know craig ehlo hit a jumper over him before? well I guess that is MUCH worse than getting dunked on by some guy about to retire named PJ BROWN .. oh how about that block by pierce on kobe? cmon mr colordao has been humiliated more times than jordan ever was.. you can't find any of those clips on NBA.com though or almost anywhere else.. look on sportingnews.. those writers are even more on mr colorados jock strap after his horrible finals performance.. the NBA WANTS to convince everyone he is Jordan ..