Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lakers vs. Celtics Finals

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want the Celtics

Last edited:

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
2008 World Champion Boston Celtics

First of all

I like to congratulate the
2008 World Champion Boston Celtics

defeating a basketball team that wears yellow, from california and have gone fishin in lakes 4-1.

It has been a great season with uncertainty and having faith in a common goal.

Special thanks to God for all his blessings, and Christ Jesus who Loves us.

Like to mention Doc Rivers an excellent coach plus the coaching staff.
Also Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, and Paul Pierce.

Its been a long years on the road, but your finally did it. Congratulations Champions you all deserve it.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is the series we all wanted to see from the start. I personally think Kobe is on too much of a tear for anyone to stop him. First the MVP title then the complete dismantlement of the Spurs. He made it look easy.

I think the Lakers also have home court advantage and the Celtics haven't been spectacular in anyway on the road. The celtics are a better team defensively and usually defense wins championships but again I think Kobe has just elevated the Lakers game to another level.

I think the lakers win in 6 games.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pierce thinks he can stop Kobe cause he messed with Lebron. The celtics deserve to lose figuring it took 7 games for them to beat ATL and CLE. Lakers are gonna f*ck their sh*t up.

Birdem

Don Juan
Reaction score
The lakers in 6. Kobe will be too much for the celtics. The celtics can't double team kobe either because of the help he got. Pau and Garnett will be interesting matchup, even though duncan abused him through out the spurs series.

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the Lakers will take it in 6. Kobe will kill it obviously but they just have too many weapons. I think they will benefit from the match-ups in the frontcourt since Perkins is going to get raped by Gasol or more likely Lamar Odom; he doesn't have the quickness to guard them and isn't going to step out 18 feet to contest their shots either.

The Lakers may have to go smaller to get more quickness with someone like Luke Walton instead of Radmanovic though otherwise Ray Allen is going to have a huge series especially since Pierce is going to struggle for every point he gets with Kobe on him.

I'm cheering for the Lakers but at least the "dynasty" spurs aren't in it :rolleyes: ... everyone on that team is overrated as **** even Duncan, so at least the media will have to do something other than worshipping jesus ginobili. So I'm happy either way but I really hope the Lakers can pull it out.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to wait till Thursday!

Case Sensitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I agree that Kobe is just too good. He is the Michael Jordan of our time.
Actually I believe Michael Jordan is the Michael Jordan of our time.

Kobe would make a nice ball boy.

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
yeah, Perkins sucks, comparatively...and I'm a Celtics fan.
I like perk as a banger but he's not suited for the quicker and more perimeter oriented Lakers frontcourt.

wutangfinancial said:
But yo, nobody mentioned my my man Kevin Garnett! Only Kobe, Iverson, and O'neil have scored more points then him (amongst current players). The guy is an all around beast. He's good at everything.
Yeah I think KG has been the 2nd best player in the league for the past 5+ years, him and Kobe would make the MVP race every year if their teams didn't suck all that time.

But Tim Duncan is the best 4 of all time right? :rolleyes: Nobody ever talks about him! :rolleyes: And he just quietly does his work and the reason nobody knows how good he is is because he doesn't draw attention to himself. :rolleyes: And nobody ever talks about the Spurs yet they have the greatest sports dynasty in the past century with their mind blowing 4 championships in 10 years. :rolleyes:

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Case Sensitive said:
Actually I believe Michael Jordan is the Michael Jordan of our time.

Kobe would make a nice ball boy.
Jordan is the undisputed best, but Bible Belt is right that Kobe is the closest thing to Michael Jordan in the league right now - maybe even the closest player ever to Jordan skill wise.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lakers sweep.

Case Sensitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
jahidi said:
Jordan is the undisputed best, but Bible Belt is right that Kobe is the closest thing to Michael Jordan in the league right now - maybe even the closest player ever to Jordan skill wise.
Kobe may be the best in the league now but comparing him to Jordan is pointless. It's not only an insult to Mike but an insult to Kobe.

Think about it. Once a player becomes TRULY great, the comparisons to other players stop. When Jordan was king, people didn't go around saying he was the "Dr. J" of today (although they did that at the beginning of his career). But when Mike came into his own the comparisons to everyone else stopped. If Kobe truly becomes great, no one will compare him to Jordan anymore. People will just say "he's Kobe Bryant". No comparisons needed.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kobe doesn't like the Jordan comparison anyway.

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Case Sensitive said:
Kobe may be the best in the league now but comparing him to Jordan is pointless. It's not only an insult to Mike but an insult to Kobe.
Kobe already has become truly great which is why people are asking the question of whether or not he is better than Jordan. That's where the comparisons are coming from: trying to determine who is better, because people/media always want to rank the greats. Of course Jordan is the all time best but that fact that there are people even entertaining the thought that Kobe may be better than Jordan is a testament to Kobe's greatness.

Case Sensitive said:
Think about it. Once a player becomes TRULY great, the comparisons to other players stop. When Jordan was king, people didn't go around saying he was the "Dr. J" of today (although they did that at the beginning of his career). But when Mike came into his own the comparisons to everyone else stopped. If Kobe truly becomes great, no one will compare him to Jordan anymore. People will just say "he's Kobe Bryant". No comparisons needed.
So you're saying Kobe isn't truly great because he's not as good as Michael Jordan? The only time people will stop comparing and say "he's Kobe Bryant" is when he becomes the undisputed best of all time which isn't going to happen. Until then people will compare him to his fellow legends of the game because, again, people like to rank the best players.

This is the disrespect Kobe gets though. Lebron James was practically inducted into the NBA hall of fame when he was in high school and Manu freakin' Ginobili makes an all NBA team and gets worshiped like a god but we can't even talk about Kobe being a legend.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Le Trash can get shut down, I'm sure they will find a way to shut down Kobe.. err hold him to 29 ppg. Whoever Kobe is guarding needs to really attack him.. tire him out, maybe play rough. This is not like having to play against a young Jordan, Kobe is not the defensive player Jordan was.. aside from McGrady being his punk b1tch, he is going to give up points. I remember Arenas scored 60 in LA not too long ago and Kobe "attempted" to guard him but didn't do so hot.