Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Kbear's Lifting Journal

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Happy its not too bad also Quag : )

Today’s Workout

Standing Military Press

70lbs x 3
80lbs x 3
90lbs x 7

Assistance:

Incline Bench
3 sets of 10 up to 105lbs x 6

Lat Pull downs
4 sets of 10 (think 90lbs was my last set)

Dips
BWx7 (4 sets)

*45 min walk with dog

Going to work on my lb of chicken and rice, sleep well people
Kbear

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today’s Workout:

Dead lifts

135lbs x 3
150lbs x 3
165lbs x 10 (easy…could have done more but was taking it easy on my pelvis region)

Assistance:

Leg Press
4 sets of 10 up to 165lbs….taking it light still

Prone leg curl
60lbs x 8 (3 sets)

Was supposed to do abs but wanted to stay away from pelvic area so I did barbell curls
45lbs x 8
55lbs x 8
60lbs x 8 (pretty light)

*probably walk dog for 45 mins
*doing great on the drinking : )

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
End of week 8

Today’s Workout:

Bench

100lbs x 3
115lbs x 3
130lbs x 10

Assistance:

DB inclines (first time doing these)
20lbs x 10, 25lbs x 10, 30lbs x 9, 30lbsx 9

Kroc Rows
30lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10, 40lbs x 10, 45 lbs x 10

Dips
BWx8 (3 sets)

*Probably walk dog for 45mins tonight
*After going to the gym consistently and eating mostly healthy foods I have noticed changes in my body, getting bigger. Don’t know my current weight but this is the best I have ever looked.

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today’s Workout:

Squats!

125lbs x 3
145 lbs x 3
160 lbs x 7 (disappointing)

Assistance:

Hack Squats
135lbs x 8 (3 sets)

Good Morning Machine
4 sets of varying weights x 8 (haven’t done this before)

Periodization assistance is rough…cant get myself to do more than 3-4 sets of assistance..skipped abs today also

*gained 1.2 lbs since last time I weighed myself…now at 185.8…slow and steady…think all the walking I do might interfere with gaining but I just flat out need to eat more if I really want it

*45min walk with dog tonight probably : )

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3lbs in two months is alright, although you could probably gain faster if you ate more- considering your level of advancement. Slow and steady is the key in this game though.

The 45 minute walks with the dog (if thats mostly what your doing) should infact facilitate gains- as long as the food is there. Try getting in 350 grams of protein one day. This is almost 2 grams per pound of bw, thats the kind of intake that will really make the gains happen. The walking will also stave of bf increases, not to mention the health benefits.

Btw I would take your waist measurement, post it in here, and monitor it. Taking it once a month should be fine- this is to make sure you aren't getting fat. You will gain a little fat, and your waist will increase with the added muscle, but were talking very small, slow increases.

Keep up the good work,

Quagmire

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today’s Workout:

Standing Military Press:

75lbs x 5
85lbs x 3
95lbs x 7 (very pleased with this!)

Assistance:

DB Incline
30lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10 (2 sets)

Lat Pull Downs
60lbs x 10, 70lbs x 10, 80lbs x 10, 100lbs x 8

Tricep extensions
55lbs x 14, 65lbs x 14, 75lbs x 14

*45min walk with dog

*thank you for your input Quagmire, didnt know that about the walking. I will get more protein in! Under a lot of pressure for school right now...forget to eat like a maniac sometimes...I dont have a measuring tape to go around my waist..will try to get one

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today’s Workout:

Deadlifts
135 lbs x 5
160 lbs x 3
175lbs x 12 (pretty easy!)

Assistance: was in a rush today to go watch football with some friends so I hurried….

Prone Leg Curls
55lbs x 10
60 lbs x 10
65lbs x 3 (right calf cramped real bad)

Barbell Curls
45 lbs x 10
55 lbs x 10
65 lbs x 8

*skipped leg press cus I wanted to go
*skipping abs again due to hernia area
*45 min walk with dog
*drank like 4-7 beers tonight ugh….bad!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*skipped leg press cus I wanted to go
*skipping abs again due to hernia area
*45 min walk with dog
*drank like 4-7 beers tonight ugh….bad!
Good notes, little reminders like this are good for keeping on track.

* Don't skip stuff cause you want to go. I mean, if your body is telling you you've had enough then sure call it a day, but if it's just out of laziness then give yourself a kick in the ass.

*I've had to deal with the abdominal hernia as well. The key is to go light with it for awhile, and when you feel pain, stop immediately. My hernia pain went away as my abs got stronger, for awhile though I had to take it very light and slow with it.

*walkings good, generally the higher your daily activity levels are, the faster your progress will be.

*beers fine as long as you're happy with your progress, just ask Quag about drinking :D

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today’s Workout:

Bench
110 lbs x 5
125lbs x 3
140lbs x 9 (pleased with this!)

Assistance:

Dips
BW x 10 (4 sets)

Kroc Rows
25lbs x 10
35lbs x 10
45 lbs x 8

*That’s all I could do…very tired right now, almost feel like puking.
*Was excited for bench today…saw a video Quicksilver posted (Dave Tate)…thought it might help some…I probably still have bad form though

Thank you for the input Quick! Will try not to be lazy in there/ go in there with strapped time…hernias suck …getting better though

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Start of week 10

Today’s Workout:

Squats!
135lbs x 5
155lbs x 3
170lbs x 8 (…last two reps I started leaning forward…probably could have pushed it harder…)

Assistance:

Hack Squats:
135lbs x 8
155lbs x 8
155lbs x 8

Standing Calf Raises:
135lbs x 10
145lbs x 10 (2 sets)

*skipped abs again my pelvis was hurting Thursday and Friday bad
*haven’t been eating as much…under a lot of stress for upcoming tests…need to man up
*drank entirely too much on Thursday, will try to be good tonight but going out for Halloween with a bunch of friends

Take care fellas!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't know if I've mentioned supps before to you. There are some basics that are a very good idea- especially if you don't eat a lot of fruit and veggies and also because you drink. You also mentioned in log that you have a sleep issue, this suggests nutritional problems.

I see the same base level supps recommended everywhere. IA has a "base level" recommendation which he says is stuff that you must get. From here:

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3383

1 mega-dose multi-vitamin and full spectrum mineral packs

2000 mgs vit C a day

300% calcium/magnesium/zinc a day

4-10 grams of fish oil

I personally don't know if his cal/mag/zinc is a touch high, but he has trained thousands of people so I'm sure he has good reason to recommend that much. I personally like going with around double the RDA. This is very similar to what Warboss had me on although his cal/zinc/mag were closer to rda/double rda. You have to take into consideration how much the multi would give you of each of these three, and then make them up the full amount seperatley.

All of this can start to get costly, which is another reason to maybe aim for rda/double rda- you'll still be covering bases. From what I've read rda is generally considered low by a lot of people, and that is for the general population. Lifter's require more, which is why I think double rda is a good idea. See what works for you. You have to remember as well that your diet shouldn't be completley shi*, on the contrary it should be as good as possible, and it should provide a lot of nutrients, particularly zinc from beef. However I've found that magnesium is potentially one of the biggest issues in the modern diet. We used to get a lot more in our diet from water/vegetables, but levels are declining because of farming practices and water filtration. It is used in 300+ reactions in the body and is critical for optimum function. Poliquin says 100% of his athletes are deficient when they first come to him. From what I have read I think magnesium is a no brainer for many people.

A good multi is the beverley international super pak, it's IA's first recommendation. His second is the NOW Adam multi.

For the cal/mag/zinc you want forms ending in ate. Citrate seems to be the most economical.

I'd really try and afford this stuff. If you can afford the booze, you can afford this stuff- that's my argument anyway. Another supp that is fairly cheap and might be a good idea if you find it hard to gain weight/digest food is betaine hydrochloride. If you have digestion problems (alcohol will raise your risk) then you might absorb your vitamins poorly.

Some other stuff you can then start to think about is vitamin e, green tea, b vitamins, creatine. The list can go on and on if your budget is big enough.

For sleep though zinc and magnesium comes highly recommended from a lot of people.

Hope this helps,

Quagmire

Ps- Epsom salts are a great recovery after your workouts. You put 400-600g in a bath and go in for at least 15 minutes. They are magnesium sulfate, so it helps to boost your magnesium levels. Sulfate is good to. I've heard they are excellent for relaxing and sleep. Had my first one today, it was great.

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today’s Workout:

Standing Military Press:
70lbs x 5
80lbs x 5
90lbs x 6 (pathetic)

Assistance:

Incline Press
85lbs x 10
95lbs x 10
105lbs x 8

Lat Pull Downs
50lbs x 10
60lbs x 10
100lbs x 4 (lol need to lighten it up next time I suppose)

Over-Under Tricep extetensions
40lbs x 16
50lbs x 16
60lbs x 16

*possibly 45 min walk with dog

Quag-Thank you for the supplement information, very helpful. I will read up more on that and get what I need.

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just the week that I took off when going to the doctor and stuff...maybe 2-3 weeks ago

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today’s Workout:

Dead Lifts

135lbs x 5
145lbs x 5
165lbs x 10 (my grip gave out…fkn forgot my gloves…was annoyed)

Assistance:

Leg Press
130lbs x 10
175lbs x 10
235lbs x 15

Ham string machine (people were using my usual prone leg curl machine)
35lbs x 6-7 (3 sets)

Some dumbbell curls
*45min walk with dog
*gonna try some abs next time when I squat

See ya!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can the gloves and get some chalk. Some say gloves make it harder to grip cause it increases the "width" so to speak. I don't think it matter's much to be honest. But chalk is way cooler :D

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today’s Workout:

Bench Press
100lbs x 5
115lbs x 5
130lbs x 13

Assistance:

Incline Press (boring but big)
65lbs x 10 (5 sets)

Standing Millitary Press
45lbs x 8
65lbs x 8
85lbs x 7

I was not supposed to work out today…my buddy got a new power rack for his house and asked me if I wanted to go over….so I did! Did boring but big assistance because I wasn’t sure what exercises were available at his place…was supposed to do upper back but he wanted to do military press..oh well…good workout overall

*will look into the chalk Quag! Still need to get the Mg and Zn also

Have a good weekend people

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The zinc and magnesium is more important than the chalk, however they are all still fairly cheap.

Try not to deviate from the workouts, a one off won't do much harm, but try and get on a schedule with your friend or stick to your own plan. Having a workout partner is better though.

Keep it up.

kbear0101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Start of Week 11

Today’s Workout:

Squats!
125lbs x 5
145lbs x 5
160lbs x 10

Assistance:
Hack Squats
135lbs x 10
155lbs x 10 (Stopped after this one, my right knee felt awkward…cant describe the feeling but I was limping to get water…I am fine now though)

Good Morning Machine
40lbs x 10
50lbs x 10 (2 sets)
Not sure how much I can do for weight but seemed light but was putting a lot of strain on my pelvis

Sit-ups( on a decline)
X12 (3 sets)

*possibly 45min walk with the dog

*weighed myself this evening at 188.1 lbs : ) lil over 5.5lb gain after 10 weeks..satisfied with this...I plan on weighing in at over 190 whenever I weigh myself next

*Progress. Training Max. Just wanted this down in writing to see where I have done so far

Standing Military Press
from 85lbs to 105lbs (Have a feeling I will plateau with this exercise first....not any time soon though)

Dead Lifts
from 165lbs to 195lbs

Bench
from 130lbs to 150lbs

Squats
from 160lbs to 190lbs