Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

John Titor: Fraud or Time Traveler?

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your opinions about John Titor? For those of you who don't know (I never knew about him until today) in November of 2000 a man with the user name Timetraveler_0, calling himself John Titor, joined a chat and told people that he was a time traveler from the year 2036, he gave very detailed and somewhat convincing information about the future, the structure of the universe, and his methods of time travel for 5 months at which point he said he had to return to his original time.
Here is a site that contains many of the questions that people asked him and his answers. It is very interesting.
www.johntitor.com

I'm not going to say that it's impossible, because I believe that there are some things out there that are beyond our understanding based on our current knowledge of science. The more we learn the more we will be able to understand. I do not believe the story because I believe, based on the knowledge I have of the subject, that time is not exactly a concrete entity that can be traveled through. The reason I say it isn't exactly a concrete entity is because time can be seen through aging, erosion, etc. But at the same time it is merely just a way of measuring the impact of continuous small events. I might be wrong though, the whole subject of time confuses me so much, that everything I say seems wrong at the same time. If anyone can clear this up for me, feel free to do so.

LT1

Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s some crazy stuff... I guess we will ultimately find out in a few months. However, I like to think that we choose our own destinies. I doubt that it was real, but I do notice it as a reasonable warning about our current social/living status. We are entering times of trouble and war will inevitably happen in years to come, this is life and the nature of men. I think that John’s advice is a fair forewarning about how the world is going to hell if things don’t change fast. Am I wrong? Think, were do we stand with the current middle-east conflict and foreign policy, where does our economy stand and how is our government holding up? He was right when he talked about the need for change, and honestly, I must agree that our Constitution and Bill of Rights is being violated by its current change through politics in an attempt to mar the original intent of the framers. He is also right when he views our current America as lazy and slothful, I mean, look around you. We, as DJs, can appreciate this, because we are endeavoring to be more active socially (isn’t it also Fingers who advocates this).

My opinion: Take action, no one knows what the future holds (even if you believe in this, you still have to admit that our future will ultimately differ). And for all you lazy rAFCs out there, here is some motivation to get out and meet some women before the ‘civil war’ starts. ;)

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if time travel were possible, the Earth and the Sun and the Galaxy are all moving through space at a great amount of speed. Any "time machine" would have to be able to operate in space, and have means of fast propulsion in order to get back to Earth.

This isn't Back to the Future, you can't just hit a button and materialize in the past at the same spot you left on earth!

Even if you were able to go only an hour into the past, the Earth spins so fast that you would probably materialize in the ocean or something; maybe you would even materialize inside another solid object!

Time travel (like the kind in the movies) is impossible for practical reasons using basic physics. You would actually have to have massive amounts of fuel, and a heat resistant 'time machine' in order to land on the earth. Plus, it also has to be airtight, etc. for the vaccum of space. The problem with time travel isn't so much the "advanced physics" of it (which many of these heady nerds focus on) it is the practical aspects of it all.

You can know string theory or whatever other flavor of advanced mathematical garbage out there, but when you gotta get from point A to point B in space...you be stuck.

Ah, this reminds me of the days when I used to argue with the heads in my physics and calculus classes; they thought they were so smart. Heads in the clouds as they trip on the curb.

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha. after all the civil wars and world wars, I will be left to seduce the women, slightly mutated from nuclear fallout but still all good baby.

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
Time travel is possible through worm holes. Going faster then the speed of light does not work if you understood Einstiens equations because the faster you go the more accordioned you become to go faster then light you would have ot become nothing then remateialize. Time travel is possible throught the laws of hyperspace and worm holes. MAthmatically everything works but we have no physical eveidence. the ebergy needed to create one is approximately 1,000 trillion degrees hotter then the interior of a star. not happening to soon. possible yes. I doubt very son though. I'ma read the questions now though.

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
You asked about the North Polar ice pack. I never said the environment wasn't a problem. Doesn't water expand when it freezes? If the polar ice cap melted, wouldn't sea level go down? I don't know if there's enough ice for this to make a difference and I'm not an expert on global warming.

lol. that was by john titor. water condenses when It freezez. lol. Maybe he is form the futureand not a geek afterall

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
You asked about the North Polar ice pack. I never said the environment wasn't a problem. Doesn't water expand when it freezes? If the polar ice cap melted, wouldn't sea level go down? I don't know if there's enough ice for this to make a difference and I'm not an expert on global warming.

lol. that was by john titor. water condenses when It freezez. lol. Maybe he is form the futureand not a geek afterall.

Nice thought on Time travel though. Sond logical. and simple. hmmm.. hrm hrm

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm skeptical but even if the sh*t does hit the fan sometime between 2004-2008 Who's with me on a Don Juan Regime?

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is fukkin retarded. but i do wana commend "john titor" for his wild imagination and his idea to trick people into thinking that hes a time traveler..

and whats up with the civil war idea? cmon people repeat after me, B-O-G-U-S.

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he was lying. The future is already written down in Revelation anyway. I haven't checked out that site but I can tell you time travel is possible... just not in physical terms ;)

Egyptiandude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
if he was born in 1998 as he claims, in florida, cant the government easily find a john titor, only problem i could see if he was lying about either or both...

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people don't believe the story, and they are looking for him to find out how he came up with something like that, so they are looking for a adult John Titor, not a child. Besides let's say they did find a child named John Titor who lives in Florida. Would that prove anything?

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have any of you heard about the Philadelphia project - Project Rainbow?

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, the philadelphia project was an experiment to make a ship invisible gone wrong, sending the crew into different dimensions, dieing, becoming very sick, being found stuck INSIDE the floors and walls, inside solid objects..... something like that.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am John Titor. All your base are belong to us.

Originally posted by Capi Crimini
water condenses when It freezez. lol.
Actually, water freezes when it freezes. Imagine that.

Originally posted by Eventide, edited for correctitude by Von Neuen
Fallout was a ... game
:rolleyes:

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
is this the same story as the guy who made like 3 million dollars in the stock market with an initial investment of a couple hundred over a few days/weeks?
then when he was investigated he claimed he was from the future and couldn't resist the temptation to use his knowledge of the past stock market to make money.....?
(then he offered to give them the cure to AIDs and the location of Osama Bin Laden's hideout - this was at the time when we weren't yet distracted by iraq, which were both apparently commonly known things in the future, if they would let him go)

same thing or different?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
If I am not mistaken, the philadelphia project was an experiment to make a ship invisible gone wrong, sending the crew into different dimensions, dieing, becoming very sick, being found stuck INSIDE the floors and walls, inside solid objects..... something like that.
I think you're mistaking real life with 'Star Trek' again.