Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It's Time for a 6 Pack Weight Loss Diet Journal

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet

meal 1: oatmeal with honey, egg omelette with 2 eggs
meal 2: hotdog ( I know I know but I had to visit my folks today and they went to costco and I hadn't eaten a single thing since morning so didn't really have a choice)
meal 3: barbeque chicken leg
meal 4: brown rice pilaf with beef and broccoli stir fry and banana
meal 5: one avocado with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper (gross and had a very weird taste to it, I think I'm gonna try and skip the lemon juice tomorrow)

I picked up some protein bars from costco (they were on sale for $15 for 18 bars). I also picked up a bag of almonds and some omega 3 eggs. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of excited about all this new changes to my diet. We'll see how far I can stay consistent with this new diet plan and where it takes me.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice on this thread. You can probably find a crock-pot for $5 on craigslist, maybe a wok, too. Breville is a good high-end brand. They make a fine wok. They're expensive, but look for a cheap second-hand one and maybe you can score a good deal.

And I know I'm nit-picking, but honey is still sugar. I like it, too. I'm sure it's better than refined white sugar. I also like blackstrap molasses. But sugar and weight loss don't go together. Unless you're doing crazy cardio like 2-3 hours in a boxing gym sparring every night, calories from sugar are the most likely to get stored as fat. You could try peanut butter mixed in the oatmeal instead of honey. Frozen fruit like blueberries would be better, too. The fruit is still sugar, but you get some fiber with it.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Good advice on this thread. You can probably find a crock-pot for $5 on craigslist, maybe a wok, too. Breville is a good high-end brand. They make a fine wok. They're expensive, but look for a cheap second-hand one and maybe you can score a good deal.

And I know I'm nit-picking, but honey is still sugar. I like it, too. I'm sure it's better than refined white sugar. I also like blackstrap molasses. But sugar and weight loss don't go together. Unless you're doing crazy cardio like 2-3 hours in a boxing gym sparring every night, calories from sugar are the most likely to get stored as fat. You could try peanut butter mixed in the oatmeal instead of honey. Frozen fruit like blueberries would be better, too. The fruit is still sugar, but you get some fiber with it.
I already have and use a wok so that's covered. I only use like a tablespoon or less of honey though for the oatmeal. I use it to help make the plain oatmeal more edible.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Turned down my friend's invite to hang out and have some beers tonight. Don't think I can do that again tmr since it's his birthday. I'm gonna try and limit my beers or alcohol or 2-3 drinks max. I hardly drink alcohol anyways maybe like once a month or something and that's only with friends.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Birthdays are natural cheat days IMO. One trick I use is to alternate club soda with vodka soda, or better yet plain water. Never drink on an empty stomach or hungry. Be somewhere where women are and hit on them on your birthday, let that be the focus instead of people feeding you birthday drinks. The first shot is the end of discipline for me if out having fun, so avoid shots if at all possible. Happy Birthday!

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
Birthdays are natural cheat days IMO. One trick I use is to alternate club soda with vodka soda, or better yet plain water. Never drink on an empty stomach or hungry. Be somewhere where women are and hit on them on your birthday, let that be the focus instead of people feeding you birthday drinks. The first shot is the end of discipline for me if out having fun, so avoid shots if at all possible. Happy Birthday!
Not my birthday, its a close friends birthday lol, although it would be nice to have another birthday this year. I asked him about girls that are coming and the dude is not there isn't going to be many, I suspect none which is why I don't want to go haha but he's a close friend so what can you do.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diet

meal 1: oatmeal with honey, egg omelette (2 eggs)
meal 2: pineapple slices
meal 3: chicken breast with salad
meal 4: protein bar
meal 5: brown rice pilaf with beef and broccoli stir fry
meal 6: crab and chicken salad, breaded chicken breast and steamed vegetables, champagne and shots.

Any suggestions on alternatives to eating just oatmeal and eggs for breakfast everyday? I would prefer something with protein for breakfast. I don't like eating sweet things first thing in the morning.

Workout

did shoulders, triceps, and biceps

then 25 minutes of jogging on the treadmill at 6mph

Last edited:

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thunder_god said:
Not my birthday, its a close friends birthday lol, although it would be nice to have another birthday this year. I asked him about girls that are coming and the dude is not there isn't going to be many, I suspect none which is why I don't want to go haha but he's a close friend so what can you do.
Gotcha, in these cases, you can be a designated driver, always necessary today, or just bail early once it turns into a drunken brofest.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
Gotcha, in these cases, you can be a designated driver, always necessary today, or just bail early once it turns into a drunken brofest.
Got destroyed at the party. Kept having drinks shoved down my throat. There goes my cheat meal.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet

meal 1: oatmeal with honey and 3 eggs
meal 2: pineapple, banana, and handful of almonds
meal 3: protein shake
meal 4: cantaloupe
meal 5: brown rice pilaf with beef and broccoli stir fry
meal 6: pineapple and grapes

I am so full right now, I can barely move lol. I went from being starving a few days ago to now being way too stuffed. I hard trouble finishing my bowl of oatmeal this morning lol.

Workout
legs and abs

Did 25 minutes of cardio on the treadmill at mph. Not sure what was going on today but I feel more and more tired each time I run.

Last edited:

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
In my opinion your diet is way off. You're not eating nearly enough protein and green veggies. Meals 2, 4, 5. and 6 have no protein. Veggies can be consumed with no limits and will greatly help curtail cravings. Also, have you tried drinking a gallon of water per day?

Protein at EVERY meal
Carbs first 4-5 meals
Fats first 3 meals

Here's how I eat:

Meal 1
Protein:
3 organic or cage free eggs

Carbs:
1/2 cup or so/old fashioned oatmeal

Fat:
Eggs count as fat

Meal 2
Protein, carbs, and fat: Organic Food Bar (organicfoodbar.com)

Meal 3
Protein:
5-10 oz. organic canned chicken (valleyfresh.com)

Carbs:
1/2 bag of basmati brown rice (http://www.seedsofchangefoods.com/our_foods/product.aspx?c=rth&p=282)

Fat:
1 tblsp. coconut oil
or
avocado
or
almonds

Unlimited green veggies

Meal 4
Protein shake for protein and carbs (sunwarrior.com)

Meal 5
Protein:
Organic chicken

Carbs:
Brown basmati rice

Fat:
coconut oil, etc.

Unlimited green veggies

Meal 6

Protein:
5-10 oz. tuna
Unlimited veggies

Other important notes:
Gallon of water every day (crucial in helping minimize hunger)
No soda of any kind (diet, etc.)
I'm pretty sure I'm drinking more then a gallon of water a day. I haven't had any soda at all for the past 2 weeks now.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.

I had a previous rant about the organic label here:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2095197&postcount=4

If you're at a farmer's market, the organic label is meaningless. My family's farm would be organic if we went through the government inspection and fee process, but I don't because it's all bullsh!t. Even if I got the label, I could still douse everything in pesticides like Rotenone, which are toxic as hell even though they are approved for organic use. I use a very limited, occasional, early season bit of Sevin on eggplant and peppers; it's the most common insecticide. The stuff is harmless; I've been dusting gardens with it since I was a little kid. Even though it's less toxic than Rotenone, it's not officially organic.

I find that a lot of customers don't want to hear anything about the validity of the organic label, because they like it as a shortcut. All they have to do is look for that one word, and they don't have to think about it any further. But understanding anything well involves going past superficial labels, especially when our corporate-controlled government is in charge if it.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meal 1: spaghetti
meal 2: Brown Rice Pilaf with spaghetti sauce, almonds
meal 3: protein bar
meal 4: Banana, cantaloupe
meal 5: Avocado with olive oil, salt and pepper

I meant to eat chicken breast and a salad but I procrastinated and fcuked up.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carb city. Spaghetti isn't a meal for someone who wants abs.

(Sorry to rip on you. I admire you for keeping this journal.)

Find the 1-pound bag of dried lentils at the grocery store. Cook them with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, srirachi chili sauce, salt, and pepper. Lentils take on whatever flavor you give them; they're good with anything. Sometimes I eat them with Caeser dressing.

Lately I've been eating peanut butter out of the jar for breakfast and 1/2 to 3/4 pounds of lentils for dinner. I save my carbs for beer :) And my money, too, that diet costs about $1 a day. I eat a lot of vegetables in the summer when the garden is in season; in the winter I try to buy some broccoli and carrots once a month or so. If you make lentils and beans the base of your diet, it is easy to afford a few vegetables. And you can eat all you want and still lose weight. The fiber fills you up. It's the opposite of spaghetti.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:

Find the 1-pound bag of dried lentils at the grocery store. Cook them with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, srirachi chili sauce, salt, and pepper. Lentils take on whatever flavor you give them; they're good with anything. Sometimes I eat them with Caeser dressing.

Lately I've been eating peanut butter out of the jar for breakfast and 1/2 to 3/4 pounds of lentils for dinner. I save my carbs for beer :) And my money, too, that diet costs about $1 a day. I eat a lot of vegetables in the summer when the garden is in season; in the winter I try to buy some broccoli and carrots once a month or so. If you make lentils and beans the base of your diet, it is easy to afford a few vegetables. And you can eat all you want and still lose weight. The fiber fills you up. It's the opposite of spaghetti.
I have some spaghetti left over from last week and I don't want it to go to waste so I'm trying to finish eating it. I've cut out pretty much all the junk food I have eaten for a week now like chips, pop, cookies, fried food, fast food, etc.

Yesterday was brutal and I almost had some coke zero to stay awake in class. I almost budged because I was falling asleep during class.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:

What do you eat for your proteins?

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
It's my opinion that when you set a goal to get a six-pack, consuming the RIGHT kinds and amounts of foods--at the right times--becomes even MORE important. Fats after third meal, in my opinion, is not going to help you show your mid-section. Neither will fruit. I would limit the fruit to post-weights workout only.

Your diet is missing some very important pieces of the puzzle.

PROTEIN (in EVERY MEAL)
CARBS (first 4-5 meals only; try 4; if you're unable to perform workouts or have problems focusing, then up it to 5)
FAT (first 3 meals ONLY)

All three of these nutrients must play a part in helping you get the six-pack.

Remember when I say keep an open mind? Here's an opinion that might surprise you: the spaghetti and fruit and evening consumption of fats are going to make your goal of getting the six-pack harder than it needs to be. These aren't junk foods, but they offer no positives when it comes to minimizing bodyfat. And, the pasta is likely loaded with preservatives and artificial ingredients (despite what the label says). In my opinion processed foods are just as bad as "junk" food. Avoid pasta. If you feel like you must have it, then I would opt for whole grain.
I don't think I'm gonna make spaghetti anymore after I finish my last batch from last week. I thought fruits were low in calories which was why I chose to eat it? It also helps when I have a craving for sugar. I've replaced pretty much all my sugary junk food with fruits now. I didn't realize how important it was to eat in a certain order.

I thought giving up all the junk food and eating like this was gonna but real hard but right now I'm really struggling sticking to set schedule of eating every 2-3hrs and also eating the macronutrients in that order. I'm so used to eating 3 big meals a day and a few snacks here and there but now I find I'm procrastinating and not eating every 2-3 hrs. I need to become more discipline.

Also I'm going to start playing intramural volleyball next week after school. Should I carb load and should I switch back to eating simple cards or continue with complex carbs?

thx for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it. The constant critique really helps me stick to the diet plan when I go off course kind of like a car veering sideways lol.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet

From yesterday Jan 6, 2015

meal 1: Spaghetti
meal 2: Protein Bar
meal 3: Chicken Breast and Salad, avocado with olive oil, salt and pepper
meal 4: protein shake
meal 5: Brown rice pilaf with beef and broccoli stir fry, Cantaloupe

Workout

Chest and Back

Did 15 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. I ran out of time so had to cut it short last night.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I was at the gym today (finally) and weighed myself after my workout. I was shocked and really disappointed. It read 188.9 lbs. I was like wtf, I weighed around 170-175lbs 3-4 months back. Thinking back to all the pizzas, chips, fast food, pop, chocolate, cookies I ate, I feel like $hit for eating all that. Now I'm wondering if I even lost any weight at all this past week since I started this clean diet.