Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Inspirational Movie Don Juan's

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakeyboy
Gregory peck. cool, calm and collected. Roman Holiday.
Yeah, old schoolers like Peck, Hudson and Bogart all had things in check in their movies.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping because I think this is interesting.

Bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cinderella Man

I really like Russell Crowe's character in Cinderella Man, Jim Braddock, a boxer in the Depression years.

In one scene he displays a gentle but firm and masculine way of teaching his son right from wrong.

He has heart, determination, confidence, faith, and a bulldog toughness to survive in the ring and the horrible living conditions at that time.

Alot of female characters are annoying in movies but I enjoyed Renee Zellweger's character as the wife of Jim. She doesn't like him boxing but remains supportive of her husband, always by his side.

It certainly isn't a movie about getting chicks, but is definitely one of the few movies in the past few years where the man is strong and masculine.

Go rent it if you haven't seen it yet.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carey Grant, North by Northwest, gets my vote. (Even though he has a name like "carey")

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only older UK members will be aware, but Avon from Blake's 7. Imagine a cross between Han Solo and Boba Fett, he was cool, calculating, sardonic and tough.
If the BBC are reading, I would be perfect for the part in a remake.

Other than that, Clint Eastwood, Elvis, or any number of Marvel comics superheroes.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Scent of a woman"
with Al Pacino. In one scene the blind colonel sarges a woman half his age, teaches her to dance the tango and AMOGS her boyfriend. Classic Don Juan moment.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just saw part of an old movie from 1950, "Summer Stock" with Judy Garland. She falls for a don juan character even though she is engaged to an afc. After she and the afc have a fight, Judy Garland's sister lectures the afc character:

"You know, your problem is that you're just too nice. Lots of girls had crushes on you in school, but you never knew what to do about it. Women don't want apologies; they want to be swept off their feet. Women don't want to be asked; they want to be told."

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I just saw part of an old movie from 1950, "Summer Stock" with Judy Garland. She falls for a don juan character even though she is engaged to an afc. After she and the afc have a fight, Judy Garland's sister lectures the afc character:

"You know, your problem is that you're just too nice. Lots of girls had crushes on you in school, but you never knew what to do about it. Women don't want apologies; they want to be swept off their feet. Women don't want to be asked; they want to be told."
Straight up old school BF! :up:

(BF=Before Feminism)

Hydroblunt

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to go with Swingers and 40-year old virgin, by a mile.

Unlike the rest of the movies you guys are mentioning, the two have a lot of realism to them. Swingers is almost 100% real life and 40-year old virgin was almost all ad-libbed. "Pu$$y on a pedastool", lol. Almost every great line in there is from real life & experience.
The other movies, ehh, all fantasy, but those two you can actually relate to and learn from.

I remember watching Swingers once with my GF at the time. We're at the part about "Why won't she call?" where Mikey keeps wanting his ex to call but she won't until he actually forgets about her. My GF says out loud "So true".
Funny thing is that she breaks up with me few months later, real out of nowhere, hit me hard. I was Mikey for like at least a month. When I finally totally forget about her, over a year later, she contacts me. Now she chases me, but my interest is long gone. Just like in the movie.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have none.

Movies are fake and scripted. I cant get inspired by some fictional character who seems smooth and appealing to me, but knowing his behavior likely wont work in the real world.

:thumbs down:

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rusty from Ocean's Eleven. He has good body language and voice, always keeps his cool. Observe his eye contact and body language when he first interacts with his love interest (Zeta Jones). His eye contact was strong and he was always leaning back. He handles himself well in all situations. Watch when he screws up and the whole gang is pissed.

Alittude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definately Swingers. Trent Walker's approach to women is so great and is truly dj. He has no fears and he know's he is the money. He always gets the number and is always in control. Mikey also becomes a bit of a nice guy dj with the help from Trent.

FunkyMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Batman Begins. Bruce Wayne's character, which is a Don Juan, is portrayed very well by Christian Bale.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every movie and major TV show has some kind of DJ character it... I mean, it's so easy when it's scripted... best example I had growing up was Will Smith in Fresh Prince of Bel Air, or the old Saved by the Bell with Zach Morris & AC Slater

Now, I go after the movies which are about business and selling... the attitude needed to be succeed in that Wall Street kind of environment permeates thru to any dealings with women... in the movies they're 'opening' and 'closing' customers by selling themselves and a dream, and that sh!t works exactly the same with women... they teach a mindset rather than a few lines

My favorite flicks...

Boiler Room (2000)
Wall Street (1988)
Glengarry Glenross (1992)

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
i think that richard dude from the 1980 version of "Blue Lagoon". he was like running around that island in a loin cloth and killing stuff. he f***** killed his own food! then he falls in love with b. shields before she started to look like a linebacker and they have a kid. i think a real dj must be all alone on an island with one beautiful girl and a spear...oh yeah...and a loin cloth. c'mon, he killed his own food and cooked it over a fire. now that is a dj! i had to watch that movie in the 8th grade. i tell you, i still sport a loin cloth under my jeans to this very day. before i hop in the tub i dump a single goldfish in the water and catch it with my bare hands. i am man...yes, i am man.

anyone see this flick? dj or no dj? i think he was the original dj.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
btw, napoleon's character is more of a man than most of you will ever be. he is who he is. that takes much bigger b**** than most of you will ever have. in the real world there will always be girls who get turned on by guys who are real. even if they appear strange and weird to 98% of the populace. terrible movie though. i saw it dubbed in russian. that didn't help much since the movie loses all of its middle american feel when characters are going, "harasho" every ten seconds. my girlfriend at the time lost interest once she saw how america was being portrayed as a backwater land. it didn't jive with my description of a land where all the high schools are filled with the rich and glamorous. i told her that it was actually filmed in canada. a much uglier country with simple folk that are always trying to sneak into the land of bentleys and 500 square meter homes on the beach. she believed it. god how i love provincial girls. so now there is some girl wondering around kharkiv, ukraine who thinks that napolean is your typical canadian boy. you can thank me for that one.

one thing i did like about it was the fact that all the girls in it were ugly. much like your typical american high school.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FunkyMillion said:
Batman Begins. Bruce Wayne's character, which is a Don Juan, is portrayed very well by Christian Bale.
I've always like the Bruce Wayne character.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BRAVEHEART :cool:

Pretty much every character Mel Gibson has played, has been pretty awesome.

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leonidas from 300