In LTR - concerns over girlfriend's guy friend

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made the mistake of going exclusive with my main plate last February,we had been on 10 + dates so I thought it was OK.I told her that if she talked to any other men on social media it was over (as far as serious relationship goes) she didn't last 3 weeks and I snooped on her phone and saw she was flirting with 5 men.(I did't say anything) I secretly just demoted her to plate status.We saw each other every weekend didn't miss one until this weekend.She saw my Tinder and called off the meeting if she is pretty she will have orbiters and be fvcking side pieces so i advise playing it cool and watching her like a hawk while you get other women.Get her drunk and snoop her phone just be prepared for what you see.I was always red pill but not 100 percent until this chicky I had 13 months to field test it all...messaging other men on a private platform while in an LTR with you is completely unacceptable!!!!!!

Last edited:

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disrespectful behaviour by both this guy and your gf to be honest. If this guy frequently hangs out with you, he is a douche to hang with your GF in private anyway.

To give you a perspective from the other side (the "friend of your girl" guy), here's an extremely similar situation in my life: there is a girl who's basically an ex-that-never-was to me. We had a lot of sexual attraction but it didn't happen due to bad luck, now we're close friends. She's great, but she hooked up with this druggie guy she worked with for God knows what reason before I asked her out and she's still dating him at the moment.

Her bf hardly spends time with her and doesn't seem to care when she sees me alone and we drink together. IMO he is a dumbass for that. In his shoes, I would not want this girl seeing me alone. I don't try to get with her or do anything more than mild flirtation because I'm not an arsehole, but she's got extremely cuddly with me several times. Full on boobs-into-my-chest, breath-in-my-ear cuddly. Were I not morally inclined to refrain there would be some serious slamming going on.

I don't like her bf much, and I've been so tempted sometimes. It's only my long term respect for her that stops me from trying it on.

So imagine I didn't have that very special respect I have in this particular case. Yeah...
--

TLDR: If another guy is getting drinks alone with your girl, really not good. It would p*ss me off. It means at the very least that there is some attraction there, old or new. Would she be happy if you went out texting some girl all the time and got drunk with her alone? At the very least you need to have a serious discussion with her and prepare for the worst.

Best of luck.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Invite other women to hang oit with you and her and see how she likes it

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you should have set straight your boundaries from the very beginning, before you gave her commitment..

This is not a good situation, especially if she is using the whole JEALOUSY card on you..

I would either set down some boundaries now.. but I fear it might be too late.. She will more than likely not react well to this..

You may have to be prepared to WALK away from this chit..
Boundaries get set when you are afraid a woman wont respect you enough to keep them herself.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like her bf much, and I've been so tempted sometimes. It's only my long term respect for her that stops me from trying it on.
It should be respect for yourself. I don't have many regrets but aiding in splitting a marriage is definitely one of few.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Why would she delete conversations with him but not delete convos with other people. HUGE red flag bro. Do not move in with her parents.

You know things are bad when even the female posters say things are not going to end well. Time to take control bro, dump her or give her an ultimatum.

mKata

Reaction score
Why would she delete conversations with him but not delete convos with other people. HUGE red flag bro. Do not move in with her parents.
Yeah that's it, why delete only texts with him and not anyone else? I can't seem to get this out of my head. My thinking is what if something went down between them in the past and I'll never know? Is this common? And how do I even address this now? I noticed the missing texts months ago and to bring it up I would have to admit to snooping.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yeah that's it, why delete only texts with him and not anyone else?

And how do I even address this now?
She’s a stealthy well skilled cheater. Most likely done it before…

You can’t, she’s doing want she wants to do and her long term plans probably don’t include you.

Last edited:

mKata

Reaction score
She’s a stealthy well skilled cheater. Probably done it before…

You can’t, she’s doing want she wants to do and her plans may not include you.
Hmm... you know early in our relationship we we're talking about past relationships and she said that she had cheated on a previous boyfriend...

Billtx49

Reaction score
Hmm... you know early in our relationship we we're talking about past relationships and she said that she had cheated on a previous boyfriend...
That was your first clue. Most girls will leak out what they’re about if you listen.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
True, they say people warn you about them early on if you listen closely. Isn´t another popular saying "once a cheater, always a cheater"?

@mKata Listen to your gut and trust it. If your gut tells you something´s not right it probably isn´t. No girl is worth the headache, the constant wondering if she is cheating or will cheat eventually. Man up and put your hapiness first.

mKata

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Hey everyone just wanted to post an update. I've been trying to make this work because we've been together for a while now (5 years, not just a casual thing) and when we're good together it's great, but my head's in a really confused place right now.

I feel like crap for doing this, but I used some software and recovered some of their text messages. There was nothing that definitively said that they hooked up, nothing explicit, but I did gather that they have met up what looked like 2 or 3 times for drinks (they mentioned meeting up at some bars), she went to his place to have beer and weed, and aside from that it just looked like they were frequently making plans (texts asking her when they'd get together again, asking about availability, etc.). This was just from what I saw.

At the time of these meetings she never told me this was going on. She only ever told me about their getting together for a beer one time. This totally feels like it was done behind my back.

The thing is, a few weeks back she ended up getting drunk and making out with her female friend at our place when I was in bed. By some odd double-standard it didn't bother me too much given that it was a girl, but what has been screwing with my head and my trust is the fact that she did it thinking I was just asleep (...that I wouldn't know?) and it felt like a betrayal and cheating on some level, making me really wonder what else she has done or could do.

So that's it... I know this almost sounds ridiculous but I'm not a troll.... I'm really just not sure what to think or how to proceed. Like I said my head's not right right now.

How should I proceed? I feel like if I bring this up she'll fess up to meeting with dude but assure me that nothing happened... I was also in the wrong to snoop at the level I did, I realize that. Meeting up with another guy for drinks is not okay with me... is this okay with any of you? Am I being crazy insecure about this? Did they likely bang?

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been reading up on these forums looking for advice pertaining to my situation, and I thought I would just post. I'll try to keep it kinda to-the-point.

I've been with my girlfriend about 4 and a half years. We live together now and are planning on moving in with her parents to be able to start saving some money. I'm not sure if I'm over-reacting about one of her guy friends....

She met the dude at her old job after we had already been together about 2 years. They exchanged numbers and to this day seem to keep in contact over text regularly. One night a few years ago she and I go out to the bar for drinks, and while we're there she suggests "hey I'm gonna invite some co-workers out to join us" yet out of the few people she invited only this dude shows up. So it's me, her, and this other dude, and they're basically laughing and joking and chatting it up the whole time about school (she's still working on her degree, I'm working on my career path) and I totally feel like the third wheel without much to say.

Fast forward to another time I come home from work and she lets out, kind of slips out, that on her day off she went to get a beer... I ask and find out it was with said dude one-on-one. I remember she wasn't going to tell me. It doesn't sit well with me but instead of really addressing it directly I get visibly bothered which leads to a discussion about how I'm being jealous, she has the right to have her guy friends, am I really that insecure...? etc.

Since then they haven't hung out like that again to my knowledge. The thing is they still talk. Sometimes if she asks me to check a text on her phone I'll see that they've recently been texting. The other night she came home and got into a fight with me over something stupid, I already had plans to get a drink with my friend so I leave, I later see that in her angry state she texts him to ask how he's been while I'm out with my friend. The dude is regularly texting her about how they should hang out, how he'll be out this way on such-and-such date and that they should kick it. I've met and hung out with him. He obviously knows we're together.

I get that she can have guy friends and I can have girl friends, it's just that I've sort of naturally been out of contact with my female friends over the duration of our relationship. But she exchanges numbers with dudes she meets through work and contacts them. She's invited other guys from work to hang out with us when we've gone out in groups to get drinks or to dance. I'm not texting with any girls I've met at work. I'm not entertaining meeting up with another girl. The only girl I've spent any one-on-one time with (and I realize some may say this is a problem...?) since I've gotten with my girlfriend is my girlfriend. I feel like she wouldn't like to find me texting or getting drinks at a bar with another chick, so in that regard I wonder if I'm being disrespected. It feels like it.

So, what do y'all think? Is this a red flag or am I tripping and need to regain confidence? I appreciate any advice, thanks!
No, I'd be super p*ssed if she met one on one and she'd be super p*ssed at you if you did something one on one with any girl (who wasn't a hunchback). She knows that's not right but I'm guessing she doesn't give a sh*t. I think you're kidding yourself if you see any long term potential with this girl. You should be mad at him too but hey, unless he's a close friend and even sometimes when you are, letting another guy hang out with your girl one on one is like inviting the fox into the hen house, don't be p*ssed when you end up a few hens short here and there. I know you're upset and looking for advice, hey, what do I know anyways, but if this is really the situation, you're asking to be irritated. Girls should be fun, provide fun times and generally be available whenever you need them. If they are not, especially when they're in dating mode, it's not going to get any better in LTR mode.

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was nothing that definitively said that they hooked up, nothing explicit, but I did gather that they have met up what looked like 2 or 3 times for drinks (they mentioned meeting up at some bars), she went to his place to have beer and weed
She's going back to his place alone with him and you think all she wanted was beer and weed? 99% chance this guy has been slamming her.

Not just that, but even if he hasn't, do you want to be the guy putting up with a GF who wants to go round other guy's houses and hang alone with them? You're setting yourself up to be a total patsy letting other guys run a train on his GF.

I'm sorry to say it because I know you had a long relationship, but she's absolutely playing you and making you look silly with this behaviour. Claim your dignity back and dump her, find someone who doesn't do this kind of thing to you.

I can tell you now, I would NOT date anyone who f*cks off to other men's houses and gets drunk/stoned with them, 5 years or not.

A

AJ84

UPDATE:

Hey everyone just wanted to post an update. I've been trying to make this work because we've been together for a while now (5 years, not just a casual thing) and when we're good together it's great, but my head's in a really confused place right now.

I feel like crap for doing this, but I used some software and recovered some of their text messages. There was nothing that definitively said that they hooked up, nothing explicit, but I did gather that they have met up what looked like 2 or 3 times for drinks (they mentioned meeting up at some bars), she went to his place to have beer and weed, and aside from that it just looked like they were frequently making plans (texts asking her when they'd get together again, asking about availability, etc.). This was just from what I saw.

At the time of these meetings she never told me this was going on. She only ever told me about their getting together for a beer one time. This totally feels like it was done behind my back.

The thing is, a few weeks back she ended up getting drunk and making out with her female friend at our place when I was in bed. By some odd double-standard it didn't bother me too much given that it was a girl, but what has been screwing with my head and my trust is the fact that she did it thinking I was just asleep (...that I wouldn't know?) and it felt like a betrayal and cheating on some level, making me really wonder what else she has done or could do.

So that's it... I know this almost sounds ridiculous but I'm not a troll.... I'm really just not sure what to think or how to proceed. Like I said my head's not right right now.

How should I proceed? I feel like if I bring this up she'll fess up to meeting with dude but assure me that nothing happened... I was also in the wrong to snoop at the level I did, I realize that. Meeting up with another guy for drinks is not okay with me... is this okay with any of you? Am I being crazy insecure about this? Did they likely bang?
You seem to be more upset about the possibility that your girlfriend of 5 years may have fooled around with another guy but not that fazed that she was actually, for sure, no doubt fooling around with another girl.

She cheated on you, I don't think it should be any less of a deal just because the other person had a vagina.
You were asleep. She didn't invite you to join in, hence, she cheated. Include that in your analysis of the situation and don't think it's any less of a threat. Clearly, she is interested in spending time alone with other people without you and made an effort to hide stuff from you that you later found out when you retrieved her texts.

That should tell you something. Is this someone you really want to spend another 5 years with?

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
This thread is too long.man she doesnt lose anything if she cheates on you. You lose.
Or actually u lost already.

She was making u jealous and disrespecting plus cheating on you for 2.5 yr + 1yr since u made tgst thread

Im sure she ruined u mentally

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is trying to rationalize how a woman cheating on him is just OK somehow.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dude, man up and start dating other chicks. You're chick is taking it up the poop chute from this dude, sounds like she might be falling for him too. You are in denial. Head over to the "being dumped/no-contact" thread and start reading, you are going to need that info to rid you of this oneitis. Welcome to the Red Pill, you will never be the same.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, there is a lot of pain coming your way soon. However, there is a huge opportunity for growth if you work through the pain correctly.