Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Importance Of Music Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

SynapsyS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bigg Boss said:
It's been 20 years...

Anyway, rap is my favorite genre of music. I don't listen to anything but rap and R&B. But I will say that there are other forms of music that can get you into the DJ mood. I also will say that rap does have an edge over other music when it comes to ****iness (becuz that's all rappers talk about these days).

Listen to what you want. But I don't think this thread should be centered around arguing about rap. It should be about "does music actually change your mood/attitude" or somethin like that. I say yes.

It's just like when gangstas are about to go out and kill someone. They turn on some hardcore music to get them revved up. It's hard for a person to just go out and take a life. But when they start listenin to that hardcore gangsta rap, it sets the mood.

Music DOES influence you. I can name countless more examples, but I feel that it is pretty obvious.
Yeah, because acting like a gansta will get you all the ladies. Sure man.

I agree with you about music influencing you. But saying that rap and R&B is the only music to put you in the mood is utter crap. And, according to pretty much every song from that genre on MY radio;

- The lyrics give girls all the power, and tell them that guys have to work for what they want
- It teaches guys to supplicate
- It's all just stereotypical bull**** about hot girls and hot guys.

None of that crap happens in real life. Well, ok, it does, because of this music. I blame rap and R&B (In MY context, mind you) for a lot of the problems guys have with girls. I also blame it for giving girls the mindset of being a wh0re.

Getting in the mood is just that. A mood. R&B and rap aren't the only genres to give you a really amped mood. I have a list of songs on my comp that I always listen to before doing stuff like surfing, going out, and sarging. If anyones interested, some of the songs include;

- Chaos by Ayreon
- Acid Rain by Liquid Tension Experiment
- Paradigm Shift by Liquid Tension Experiment
- Emerald Sword by Rhapsody (lol, it's so cheesy, I can't help but smile and headbang along)
- I'm Alive by Blind Guardian

Sure, they don't have anything to do with male-female interaction, but they sure as hell put me in the mood to conquer the world.

So don't be all elitist with your music. In fact, i'd say the prog community is even MORE elitist than ANYTHING any rap or R&B lover can dish out.

Reaction score
Why do people think that YOU HAVE TO EITHER LIKE ROCK OR RAP? I like both about the same I like classic rock, modern rock, Rap/Hip-hop and RnB. I just hate emo rock, death metal and country! they're depressing and for lozers.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SynapsyS said:
- The lyrics give girls all the power, and tell them that guys have to work for what they want
How? I never got that from rap...but yeah, it should be up to you to listen to the music you like.

Bigg Boss

Don Juan
Reaction score
SynapsyS said:
Yeah, because acting like a gansta will get you all the ladies. Sure man.

I agree with you about music influencing you. But saying that rap and R&B is the only music to put you in the mood is utter crap. And, according to pretty much every song from that genre on MY radio;

None of that crap happens in real life. Well, ok, it does, because of this music. I blame rap and R&B (In MY context, mind you) for a lot of the problems guys have with girls. I also blame it for giving girls the mindset of being a wh0re.

Getting in the mood is just that. A mood. R&B and rap aren't the only genres to give you a really amped mood. I have a list of songs on my comp that I always listen to before doing stuff like surfing, going out, and sarging. If anyones interested, some of the songs include;

- Chaos by Ayreon
- Acid Rain by Liquid Tension Experiment
- Paradigm Shift by Liquid Tension Experiment
- Emerald Sword by Rhapsody (lol, it's so cheesy, I can't help but smile and headbang along)
- I'm Alive by Blind Guardian

Sure, they don't have anything to do with male-female interaction, but they sure as hell put me in the mood to conquer the world.

So don't be all elitist with your music. In fact, i'd say the prog community is even MORE elitist than ANYTHING any rap or R&B lover can dish out.
You prolly just skimmed thru my post.

I clearly said that there are other forms of music that will put you in the mood.

I never said acting like a gangster will get u girls. I said nothing of that sort. You got it all confused. I said gangsters would listen to hardcore gangster rap right before they go out to kill someone to get them in the mood, just like a DJ would listen to some type of playa music to get them in the sarging mood.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
You boys must just be very unlucky. My beloved Vika wants to like the things that I have a passion for. Believe it or not, before meeting me, my Vika was into urban music and Dima Bilan (young and foolish I suppose). I was outraged that such a special girl could be wasting her time listening to such music. So, when she was visiting my apartment (she had never been in a Western style apartment before being blessed with me) I made sure that we listened to only opera. Wow, she was hooked. Later on I told her to never listen to Dima Bilan or urban music again or I wouldn't take her to Milan. Presto, she obeyed. Let me add that her mother and babushka are very happy with her new choice.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
You boys must just be very unlucky. My beloved Vika wants to like the things that I have a passion for. Believe it or not, before meeting me, my Vika was into urban music and Dima Bilan (young and foolish I suppose). I was outraged that such a special girl could be wasting her time listening to such music. So, when she was visiting my apartment (she had never been in a Western style apartment before being blessed with me) I made sure that we listened to only opera. Wow, she was hooked. Later on I told her to never listen to Dima Bilan or urban music again or I wouldn't take her to Milan. Presto, she obeyed. Let me add that her mother and babushka are very happy with her new choice.
Your joking right?

Or are you a deranged old man who takes his young "special" children and brainwashes them?

Sounds like you stole some little muslim child who has never seen the light of day before.

:crackup: Opera, Milan, What the **** is your problem?

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rofl, I listen to Classical.

There's nothing that puts you in a better move than the Rach 2's Third Movement, when those strings start crescendoing, the blood just boils.

IMO, the "****y" classical pieces (mostly Liszt) pump me up more than the ****y rap songs, cus man, those cadenzas are gangsta.

I'm not kidding.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you recovering_afc for finally touching on this extremely important subject. You're right on with tha idea that rap is the best djing music. And for those of you who think Korn and Slayer be killin tha ladies...(sighing and shaking my head), you have a lot to learn. Listen up, yes, maybe those bands have a more aggressive style than rap, although if its aggression you want, all you gotta do is listen to the lyrics of DMX's X is coming. I don't know how much more aggressive you can get..."Gunnin for your spouse, trying to send that b**ch back to her maker, and if you got a daughter older than 15, imma rape her!" but thats beside the point. Aggression isn't everything, its the mindset and the ideas. Listen to Jay-Z's big pimpin. That song covers a lot of what this website talks about to the T. I'm sorry kids, but 8,9, and 10's don't like metallica, they like hip-hop and soft rock. Since you can't be listening to soft rock and djing at the same time, that leaves one option. By the way, here's a quick tip to be smooth when it comes to the music. When you go pick up a female, play some "aggressive" rap like 50 cent. When you turn the music on, turn it off real quickly and apologize, pretending that you don't want to offend her for playing such violent music. Have a good selection of music to pick from, hand her the cd case and let her choose. anyways, thats enough outta me. good luck

and remember..."If you ain't ****in her, you're probably her *****"

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know many AFCs who listen to rap. You're theory is "wack son."

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fitch said:
I know many AFCs who listen to rap. You're theory is "wack son."
I didn't say that all people who listen to rap are DJ's. But I'm saying that listening to rap music can seriously improve your game. Especially if you listen to it right before you go out to sarge.

That's total BS, GO BUY MAXIM and read the article "The Living Legends of SEX" 4 out of the top 10 are rockers. Bill Wyman, Lemmy Kilmister, Engelbert Humperdinck and number 3 GENE SIMMONS!

Your argument is incredibly flawed. I said that WITHOUT the fame the rappers would still be getting the women. Of course millionaire celebrities are getting laid. Also, Fifty Cent and the big rappers haven't lived their entire lives yet, so you never know what their totals could end up being by the time they're 60.

FranklinsTower

Don Juan
Reaction score
is this post a joke? music is made to sound good, not change who you are. listen to what you like not what makes you cool

PocketGnome

Don Juan
Reaction score
SynapsyS said:
I will never, EVER, compromise my musical tastes, or anything else, to get women. That's a completely AFC way of living.

You lose.

I completely agree with this.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alright then...go ahead and listen to ur slayer and korn. let their noise and screams charm the ladies! :up:

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong forum and been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.