Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Importance Of Music Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I know I am going to get bombarrded by the majority of posters because the majority of posters listen to rock and I'm ready for the battle. Before you make judgments, see the post through.

Until recently I was good friends with an AFC named Jimmy. We were so alike it scares me. Today I needed an iPod for my English class and being the nice guy he is, he gladly handed it over. When I clicked 'shuffle' the first song that came up was Simple Plans 'I'm Addicted To You.' Sh*t I said aloud while my English teacher looked in astonishment. I knew I was in for a long period. While looking through his iPod, I found artists such as James Blunt, Matchbox 20 and Tim McGraw. This is the same guy who believes in love at first site and that there is just one women out there for everyone.

At lunch I was listening to my buddies iPod with him. This guy is a major DJ. What type of music do you think I found? I didn't find a single Tim McGraw or James Blunt song. The only artists I saw were Tupac Shakur, Biggie Smalls, Fifty Cent and DMX. This guy believes in sex on the first date and knows that he can pull any girl he wants.

I've listened to classic rock and country my entire life. That is until a few months ago. I used to always say "I'm not black, why would I listen to that?." Well recently I've changed my circle of friends to the DJ's in my school and quickly adopted their style of music. In this circle of friends, there are 4 who get laid like royalty and on their iPods it's all Chingy, TI and Mike Jones.

There are 2 major reasons why rap music is so superior.

1.) Mindset
Rap puts your mind into DJ mode. Would you rather sing the lyrics 'I'm f*cking you tonight' while you're walking down the halls, or 'you're beautiful but I'll never be with you.'

2.) Attitude
Rap quickly makes you ****y. Their barely arrogant lyrics make you a ****y mofo. Currently I'm listening to I'm So Fly, while on CMT Tim McGraw is singing lyrics like, 'Where do you go when you're lonely, I'll follow you.'

Rap is clearly DJ music. I will just list the next 5 songs in my playlist, check the lyrics out and you be the judge of whether or not it's DJ beats. If you don't want to look up the lyrics, just check out the ****y names of the songs.

Ridin' Dirty - Chamillionaire
I'm So Fly - Lloyd Banks
F*cking You Tonight - Biggie Smalls
Good Girls, Bad Boys - DMX
Just A Lil Bit - Fifty Cent

I'll leave you with this. Earlier in the year before our all-Ontario quarter-finals we were listening to rap music, when usually we listened to rock. We lost the game handedly to a much superior team and on the busride home I said it was because of the bullsh*t rap music (joke). I got into a heated argument with probably the biggest DJ in my grade (wasn't friends with him then) and he pulled out a line;

"Have you f*cked a girl listening to country? Cause I've f*cked more girls than you can count listening to Fifty."

Shapoopie

Don Juan
Reaction score
who cares?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol shiet... I'll bump 50 Cent, Tupac in my car all day... with my 2 12"s slamming in the back, I tell girls that my car is the ultimate driving experience, and once they drive around with me, they understand too. The fun goes from the front seat to the back seat eventually...

Anyways, I bump whatever girls like. I have 50 CDs lying around my car, so I always find something good. I usually bump rap or alternative, or maybe some rave.

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke!! said:
Yeh right, I will never listen to rap. The Who and The Doors Are good enough for me

Don't you feel like songs like 'Behind blue eyes' zap your testosterone levels? These slow whiny lyrics sure don't make me want to go out and sarge. It makes me think 'Ahhh I'll just stay home tonight, nothing fun will probably happen.'

It may be good music, but I believe it is better aimed at 45 year old married men, than guys who want to get laid.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you do not listen to Emo. Why would it matter whether it's Rap, Rock, or Rave?

cubed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am definitely not a fan of rap music. I've never liked it and probably never will. (How can it be called music if it doesn't even have a hummable tune? Back to topic).

I think the relationship that you are describing between listening to rap and being a DJ is mostly a coincidence. While I do somewhat agree with your two points 'Mindset' & 'Attitude', I think that you are pushing this too far by saying rap is 'so superior' when it comes to DJing.

What's my point? I do agree that music can give you a good mindset. However, just because you listen to 'AFC-ish' music does not neccessarily mean you are an AFC.

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
As long as you do not listen to Emo. Why would it matter whether it's Rap, Rock, or Rave?
You should add Country to the list with Emo. The only difference is country singers are mostly strong old men, where emo singers are skinny teens.

However I am not really bashing rave or rock. I am just saying that the lyrics of rap music are 50 times ****ier and I really feel they represent DJs everywhere and also put you into a DJ mindset better than rock. I believe rappers are more natural DJs than rockers, and without the fame I believe they'd be the ones still getting laid.

**Kid Rock is an exception, not sure what kind of music you call that, but he's one bad ass. Everyone should download his song called '****y.'**

PRiSM92289

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea bro but besides main stream rap I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU LISTEN TO THE FOLLOWING ARTISTS

DMX
PHAROAH MONCH
TECH n9NE <- This dude has this song called "Monster" its ridiculous it will get you pumped like youre about to pull some crazy heist
MF DOOM
T.I. - King is good, Urban Legend is better
JAY Z - Black Album is good, but The Blueprint is the best

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rap is superior when it comes to djing? So i *need* rap to be a dj? I *need* alcohol to be relaxed? I *need* steroids to put on some muscle? Yeah it *may* help but that's cause you want to listen to someone saying that sh!t so you can believe it.

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
Exp said:
I've always listened to rap, even as a little kid I used to rap along to "Grab your glocks when you see tupac, call the cops when you see tupac" (Hit'em up). It puts me in a aggressive mood.
BANG!
My next point exactly. I came up with this a few minutes ago while I was packing my gym bag to go workout. I was putting my iPod in my bag and thought about my workout playlist. Before I get to this, let me do a little lesson.

When you go to workout, you need all the 'aggressiveness' you can get. This is also known as testosterone. Testosterone is what differs a man from a woman. Similarly when sarging, you need the testosterone flowing to have the balls and confidence to walk up to that HB with a ****y swagger in your step. (See masturbation thread) The testosterone is what draws her in.

When you want to get pumped up to go to the gym, the majority of people listen to rap. It may be a little different kind of a rap, as my play list begins with, 'X Gonna Give It To Ya,' (DMX), 'Bodyguard' (Eminem) and 'What You Know' (TI) But like other rap, the songs gets your testosterone flowing. Slow music, such as Pink Floyd or the new pop music KILLS testosterone.

YOU NEED TESTOTERONE TO SARGE

When you want testosterone, rap delivers unlike anyother kind of music.

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, you miss the point sir, you miss it entirely. This is going to be hard to adress, i'm not sure where to start in that mess of a post.

Ok, first mistake: The bands you listed are NOT rock. Those are ***** "bands" that play sissy music. You obviously have a scewed idea of what rock is. Rock is heavier than that ****. If you think rock isn't a put in the mood music you obviously havn't heard anything from the 80s. That whole L.A. Scene was about sexual lyrics with the intent of getting laid. Check out Guns 'N Roses, Van Halen or Dokken (though i personally hate Dokken)

Mistake 2: Rock is a feel good, get in the DJ mood music and i know for a fact from personal experiance that it's a turn on to chicks. Ever get freaky listening to Mudvayne? That gets things crazy like none other! Take a listen to Crazy ***** by Buck Cherry or Victim by Nonpoint. If that doesn't get you ready to pounce the next hottie you see, you're straigth up broken.

Mistake 3: Don't change your musical prefference to get laid. It doesn't hurt any to try out new things and what not, or if you genuinly like rap, but if it drives you fvckin nuts to listen to it, it's not worth it.

I'll admit, i'm more of a metalhead myself, i love really hardcore / heavy music. Can't find anything heavy enought o be honest. But i like bits of rap here and there (especially for dancing. Rap is amazing for dancing!) but otherwise i blast anything from Saliva to Children of Bodom to Trivium to Nirvana. Whatever makes me happy at the time. Every now and then some Relient K or Oasis because that is some smooth ****.

Rap is fine, but don't alter your prefferance just to get laid.

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
GloriouslyInsane said:
Rap is superior when it comes to djing? So i *need* rap to be a dj? I *need* alcohol to be relaxed? I *need* steroids to put on some muscle? Yeah it *may* help but that's cause you want to listen to someone saying that sh!t so you can believe it.

Like I said rap is superior when it comes to DJing.

Just like you could get a girl without kino, you can be a DJ without rap, but it sure helps so why not use it and try it out?

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
afc_recovering said:
BANG!
My next point exactly. I came up with this a few minutes ago while I was packing my gym bag to go workout. I was putting my iPod in my bag and thought about my workout playlist. Before I get to this, let me do a little lesson.

When you go to workout, you need all the 'aggressiveness' you can get. This is also known as testosterone. Testosterone is what differs a man from a woman. Similarly when sarging, you need the testosterone flowing to have the balls and confidence to walk up to that HB with a ****y swagger in your step. (See masturbation thread) The testosterone is what draws her in.

When you want to get pumped up to go to the gym, the majority of people listen to rap. It may be a little different kind of a rap, as my play list begins with, 'X Gonna Give It To Ya,' (DMX), 'Bodyguard' (Eminem) and 'What You Know' (TI) But like other rap, the songs gets your testosterone flowing. Slow music, such as Pink Floyd or the new pop music KILLS testosterone.

I disagee, Pink Floyd has some powerful pieces of music, layered thicker with better compostition and production than most rap hacks could ever dream of... not ot mention a good number of their songs are at higher tempos than most contemporary hip hop songs. Besides, please don't EVEN start to argue rap is more agressive, testostorone laden, high tempo music than rock... you're F'ing kidding me. Nile and Strapping Young Lad are just starters for rock bands that make rap look like the pvssy sh1t it is.

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
afc_recovering said:
BANG!

Haha Rap = testosterone sarge? Naw dude, Rap is more like a testosterone jump. If you want aggression, put up some heavy ****.

I.E

South Texas Deathride - The Union Underground
Anything by Slayer (That is the most intense testosterone driven music ever)
Reign In Blood - Slayer
Y'all Want A Single - Korn
Right Now - Korn
Trigger - Inflames
End Of The Line - Devil Driver

Trust me, that puts rap to shame if you want aggression.

DogFashionDisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah seriously. Rap is cool, but not that cool. It's never really gotten me into some special 'mood'. Rock music is way more likely to get you into the mood, because it has more of a beat, rhythm and melody to it. Of course, none of that ***** ass daniel powter and james blunt **** will, but like hardcore and death metal.

Try listening to "The Last" by Underoath. That song'll give you a rush like nothing else (that's not a drug). :up:

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
I disagee, Pink Floyd has some powerful pieces of music, layered thicker with better compostition and production than most rap hacks could ever dream of... not ot mention a good number of their songs are at higher tempos than most contemporary hip hop songs. Besides, please don't EVEN start to argue rap is more agressive, testostorone laden, high tempo music than rock... you're F'ing kidding me. Nile and Strapping Young Lad are just starters for rock bands that make rap look like the pvssy sh1t it is.
Ahmen.

PRiSM92289

Don Juan
Reaction score
btw Rammstein is really really good for sarging too

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rammstein is ****in awsome. Especially if you speak german = )

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
PriSM: How does that Tech n9NE song go? I've heard 'Constantly Dirty' and 'I'm a Playa.' Good tunes for sure.

True Wolf: I know those bands weren't rock, that was just what my buddy had on his iPod. This music is emo and pop. I know real rock man, I lived it until a few months ago. I listened to Guns N' Roses and Van Halen. As for not changing your musical preferences, man thats bullsh!t. You came to this site, changed your personality, your style and your looks just like everyone else. Change is good. Listen to it for a while; it grows on you. If you don't appreciate the song, 'Good girls, bad boys' by DMX or 'Just a lil' bit' by 50 Cent you probable arent a true DJ.

Keep the arguments coming, I'm heading to the gym and I'll be back in a few hours. I will get much more in depth with you True Wolf so don't take this post too seriously, I haven't read it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.