Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm sick of this - rant incoming

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hello

I haven't been here in a very long time. I'm still grinding my ass off to get ahead in life and get wealthy and travel the world. I haven't had a holiday since 2012 just work save my hard earned money and gym. I've gone through I think 10 women in the last 4 years.

What f-ucks me off is that I'm working my ass off to get ahead and everyone around me between 25 to 35 is wasting their time "yoloing". I have no debt at all I have my own car and I'm on the verge of buying my own house in Auckland New Zealand (don't care if you know where I live tbh). While everyone else is wasting their time I tried explaining this to a few ex girlfriends and it was like I was speaking a foreign language.

I'm in my 30s now and honest to god feel like I need to freeze time for 10 years to achieve everything I want. While those around me haven't got a damn clue what they want either they are living at home with mummy and daddy or blowing their hard earned cash paying off someone else's mortgage buying Sh-it they don't need trying to look cool.

I know it shouldn't bother me but when are the results of my grind going to come through right now feels extremely tough. But I know deep down I'll make it and be laughing before I hit 40 but I still gotta deal with all these useless posers it's driving me mad. The next poser I see I could verbally destroy but I hold back. How ****ed up is society that they would rather live this fake existence rather than face the truth.

Pook was right.
Rollo was right.

This world is plain f-ucked.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm older than you and I can affirm you are doing the right thing and it will pay off in the long run. You will feel financially secure and will be contemplating your retirement date and where you want to travel to each year, and they will be trying to scrape together money for food.

If I may, may I suggest that you stop comparing yourselves to anyone and you embrace that you are on a course that makes you happy. If you are not finding a female who shares those same values then you need to keep females as plates and keep looking.

You are going to be very happy that you worked hard earlier in live. Stay the course and feel secure about it.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you! I'm 40 going on 41, and let me tell you what it's like on the other side of all this.

When I was in my 20s and 30s, I definitely "yolo'd" my way through life. I changed addresses a lot, and I took a lot of trips. They were budget trips, not extravagant, but that doesn't mean I could afford them. At least I didn't spend the money on consumer goods, but whatever.

Guess what happened? Debt payments hit a critical mass, and I moved in with a roommate two years ago. I live in a crummy area and with a roommate at 40. I'm not ashamed at all - I've also paid half my debt since I made this decision, and built a healthy savings. I'm just confirming that you are correct - eventually your friends will have to pay the piper.

You could argue that it doesn't matter which part of life one does this, but obviously credit card interest rates affects that. Paying for things with cash feels MUCH better.

It's true that "you only live once." But the ODDS are you will live to be around 75 or 80, so it's prudent to plan for that while also enjoying the little things day to day - and maybe one really nice thing from time to time. Balance.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're working extra hard and self sacrificing to achieve your goals. Which is to your credit. So why are you surprised when you discover that you're sacrificing something?

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Typical, don't feel bad man. Everyone's on their own life path. Some are 'yolo'n,' some aren't. Who cares though? Do whatever makes you happy man who give zero f-ucks about what everyone else thinks. I got married mid 20s with very minimal dating experience. Ex-wife and I sold our home and went our own ways 1.5 years ago. The decade I spent with her I stopped developing or self-actualizing for lack of better terms. I let her lead and didn't understand until later that this was detrimental for my self-esteem and self-worth. I became a shadow, a ghost, hollowed out and depressed.

I moved back in with my parents to save money for a career transition when we split. I knew this career transition would take three-five years yet gladly took the challenge. I know I'll be financially independent and secure in 2.5 more years and won't have any debt.

I just started plate spinning for the first time after going monk mode for a year and I'm having fun taking up a ton of new hobbies that I feel like are rebuilding my self-esteem and self-confidence. I plan my hobbies on the cheap, yet will splurge every now and then after careful consideration of the time and value of the hobby.

Being in my mid-30s, sometimes I get self-conscious about living with my parents when dropping that tidbit in convo out on a date, yet girls usually respect that because they know I'm saving for grad school and will be financially independent soon on a solid career path. They know I'm working full time and studying full time, so they know I'm not just sitting at home on the couch with hot-pockets 24/7 playing Call of Duty or some video game.

Good for you for not going debt heavy now in your 30s, just don't forget to have fun and try not to put a label on 'yolo'. :D

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still grinding my ass off to get ahead in life and get wealthy and travel the world. I haven't had a holiday since 2012 just work save my hard earned money and gym. I've gone through I think 10 women in the last 4 years.
What f-ucks me off is that I'm working my ass off to get ahead and everyone around me between 25 to 35 is wasting their time "yoloing".
Bro take my advice, you have to have BALANCE.

You having gone through 10 women in 4 years (I assume by this statement you mean you've been on about 10 dates in 4 years), while also just focusing on "getting wealthy" and "grinding your a.ss off"....is an unbalanced life.

You have to learn how to do it ALL. You can't be like the people you are referencing and not taking care of business, while at the same time, you can't be like yourself either and only taking care of business without focusing on any real leisure time.

You need to take care of business and have fun.....real fun.....and lots of it.

You only get one life and one youth sir. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT neglect having fun while you are young and able to enjoy it. Learn better time management and squeeze in more plates/dates/women, squeeze in more outings with friends, and squeeze in your continued career/business pursuits. Just make sure you set a proper budget for everything, don't overspend, and make sure you are still funding your retirement accounts.

Forget waiting until you are 40 or something, you need to squeeze all of this in NOW. You honestly might not even live to see 40, you could get hit by a bus.

Last edited:

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
Good for you! I'm 40 going on 41, and let me tell you what it's like on the other side of all this.

When I was in my 20s and 30s, I definitely "yolo'd" my way through life. I changed addresses a lot, and I took a lot of trips. They were budget trips, not extravagant, but that doesn't mean I could afford them. At least I didn't spend the money on consumer goods, but whatever.

Guess what happened? Debt payments hit a critical mass, and I moved in with a roommate two years ago. I live in a crummy area and with a roommate at 40. I'm not ashamed at all - I've also paid half my debt since I made this decision, and built a healthy savings. I'm just confirming that you are correct - eventually your friends will have to pay the piper.

You could argue that it doesn't matter which part of life one does this, but obviously credit card interest rates affects that. Paying for things with cash feels MUCH better.

It's true that "you only live once." But the ODDS are you will live to be around 75 or 80, so it's prudent to plan for that while also enjoying the little things day to day - and maybe one really nice thing from time to time. Balance.
He makes a good point. Despite where he is in life, what he has done in the past was well worth it. It's just a matter of balance.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like some of the other posters in this thread I'm older than many here. I turn 48 next month. I will be able to retire in 2 years, if not sooner and will then be able to pursue creative endeavors, travel, and still be able to put my 3 kids through college. My eldest is 15 so he'll start uni about the same time I retire. If he goes to the school he most wants to attend I don't have to pay the tuition as its an armed forces academy. If he goes there I'll have an additional couple of years to nest egg before my daughters go to uni.

Life is about choices. I have friends for example who were having babies very young while I was getting an education and then a career. Some of them around 50 have kids in the late 20s, so they have been emancipated from children now for a number of years and they can do what they want.

I live by a mantra that was taught to me along the way by various people: Do now what others are unwilling to do; live later as others are unable to live. When I am 50 and able to vacation every other month without worry about paying my bills, that is going to be cool. Financial freedom for me was a high priority and it is super rewarding as I see it nearing now on the horizon.

Keep doing what you are doing for your purposes. You are young yet and have decades of good life ahead of you. Stay the course and you can live life on your own terms as you accomplish these goals. As you get closer to your goal you will meet ladies who are more sensible about your goals (you'll meet more like minded people.) The 'I want everything now' girls are not good long term prospects as they are never going to understand you and they are going to frustrate you. So just have fun with them, and then move along.

Come up for air every so often and have some fun of course but do not jeopardize your goals. All work and NO play makes one rather dull. Just don't get run off the rails. Make the choices you believe in. It's YOUR life.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
You have to live and let live bro.

I don't know why you believe its your place to tell other people what their priorities should be in life. Just do your thing and let other people do their thing.

Try to make friends with people who think like you. That can speed up the process of reaching your goals because you will get ideas and help from other people on the same path. Just avoid and ignore the posers and the people with different priorities.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No I mean't that I've been through 10 plates in the last 4 years all of which I dropped because they didn't share the vision that I don't want to be a slave to the system for the rest of my life. It's like I start speaking a foreign language as soon as I speak about setting up my investments (Shares/Bonds/Rental property which might come in the next 2-3 years) to pay me enough that I don't have to work at all and I can travel the world at my leisure and study more etc.

People keep telling me it's not normal and that I shouldn't be thinking that way, I am constantly reminded of the fact that people are recognizing that I've changed and they are trying to drag me back into the system aka the matrix. I've gotten to the point where its better I keep my mouth shut and appear a buffoon and avoid the same conversation where I have to try and defend my lifestyle and way of thinking.

I'm trying my best to escape asap but it's getting harder as each year goes by.

I understand what you mean about balance and right now I've signed back up at the local yachting club which isn't going to be a cheap hobby but I want to get my sailing skills back up to the point where I can handle a catamaran, I was once that good but gave up. This video here gave me goosebumps as I could have been racing these puppies if I stuck at it http://www.rnzys.org.nz/performance-programme/
I have this voice at the back of my head telling me that if I had not given up and kept at it for the last decade I just may have acquired the skills to be on Emirates Team NZ. F-uck I've made it way too easy for people to track me down now.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hello

I haven't been here in a very long time. I'm still grinding my ass off to get ahead in life and get wealthy and travel the world. I haven't had a holiday since 2012 just work save my hard earned money and gym. I've gone through I think 10 women in the last 4 years.

What f-ucks me off is that I'm working my ass off to get ahead and everyone around me between 25 to 35 is wasting their time "yoloing". I have no debt at all I have my own car and I'm on the verge of buying my own house in Auckland New Zealand (don't care if you know where I live tbh). While everyone else is wasting their time I tried explaining this to a few ex girlfriends and it was like I was speaking a foreign language.

I'm in my 30s now and honest to god feel like I need to freeze time for 10 years to achieve everything I want. While those around me haven't got a damn clue what they want either they are living at home with mummy and daddy or blowing their hard earned cash paying off someone else's mortgage buying Sh-it they don't need trying to look cool.

I know it shouldn't bother me but when are the results of my grind going to come through right now feels extremely tough. But I know deep down I'll make it and be laughing before I hit 40 but I still gotta deal with all these useless posers it's driving me mad. The next poser I see I could verbally destroy but I hold back. How ****ed up is society that they would rather live this fake existence rather than face the truth.

Pook was right.
Rollo was right.

Your a five per center. They aren't. You are different. Have some fun and memories too. Just don't throw it all away like them.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For one thing, you only live for yourself. No one else. What you do should be irrespective of what anyone else does. If they #yolosauve their way through life, thats on them. There is nothing stopping you from doing that if you so desire to. Vacations, trips, sports...they are all within your ability to do just the same as them.

Let them worry about how they will live out their later years. That said, I don't see a point in not enjoying our younger years while we have them. For example, I don't believe in the deferred lifestyle mindset where you have to wait for something good. The irony is you'll rush through life waiting for something that might never come. As Buffet says, thats like withholding sex until you are in your 60s.

Now I am not all about blowing every penny I have on fun. Quite the contrary. I have been debt free from my car since my 20s, and invest a good portion of what I have. How I go about it is simple - I make a target amount i want to save/invest/ whatever, and make sure to spend some on fun stuff. Trips to Asia, or wherever when time permits. That way I am getting ahead, but still enjoying the journey along the way.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you take vacations? I work 70 hours a week and I have no debt except for grad school loans, but I have fun too. I am going to vegas in two weeks and I already have girls up there lined up. I'm gonna drink and party for three nights in a row. Then in the summer I'm going to Colombia.

No reason to be a boring person. You can work hard and have fun too.

Steady Eddie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Typical, you don't need me to say it, but you're doing the right thing. I turn 40 next year and haven't had a holiday abroad since 2005. In the next 3 and a half years I plan to have the deposit I want, for the place I need. And pay the mortgage, off, by the time I'm 55.

Those wasters you referred to, are the same ones who will be crawling around you, once you've got your home. Looking to filch whatever they can.
I know these people well.
When the time comes look to play the part of Scrooge.

Guardian391

Reaction score
Typical, I know exactly how you feel and I'm not even 30 yet. I feel like life is one huge game of catch up and you can't beat the clock, and for all my studying, and all my attempts to get where I want to be I just feel like the time I actually will get there, I'll be told old to enjoy it. I had all these ambitions that I wanted to achieve and enjoy life at a young age once I achieved them, but there's just not enough time. People say, "It will pay off in the end", but I have to say I have doubts, and sometimes wonder if its worth the effort to even try anymore.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holidays are over-rated. Better to integrate into your working life some serious leisure time. Then you can save your money, and retire earlier.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then in the summer I'm going to Colombia.
Oh man. I am jealous. No travel for me this year - paying off debts. Be sure to post some lay reports so I can live vicariously through you.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idont think the op is mad or even thinking of changing the way he lives I think he is smart enough to know his doing right

I think his frustrated because women grown women do not see the value in a financially responsible man. A man should not have to live fiscally irresponsibly to have female companionship

The guy above said do what others are unwilling to do now so u can live how others cant later.

Im here to tell u women don't give a flying duck about or sacrificing or how hard u work. Not at 20, 40 not at 80

You just have to work past that. My wife lived on 3 different continents, dated, traveled basically lived like a spoiled rotten European white girl in her 20s. I worked. My ass off. My wife still likes to travel, still drives a convertible mercedes, we have 2 kids and our house is still really too big and shed move tomorrows if I asked her.bit once in 9 years has the answer to hey lets do something that costs money has the answer been no lol. She just is content not spending money and that's the best u can hope for. She and every other woman on earth will tell u they appricate what u do and how hard u work. They appricate the life style

Im ur age. The older u get the more money matters but just don't give it away. Give been approached by women in the last 6 months that are light years above my pay grade and Im good looking. I assure u, keep it up. MaKE sure u get out the house once a week, they will come. Laugh now at how guys think u can't get laid as u get older. Just take care of your ****