Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Im not getting big at all?! After months of gym.. EPIC FAIL

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smack said:
That is simply not true at all. Plenty of people manage to add muscle mass by eating very little carbs. Food =/= muscle. If you're eating a mainly carb diet you're probably going to get fat.
try telling that any real bodybuilder or powerlifter, and see if you can get away without getting laughed in your face. do the research before you make bs statements like that. It's obviously not working for the topicstarter.

Also I said nothing about eating lots of carbs.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smack said:
That is simply not true at all. Plenty of people manage to add muscle mass by eating very little carbs. Food =/= muscle. If you're eating a mainly carb diet you're probably going to get fat.
Read this again:

Food =/= muscle.
You can eat oodles of protein. If your body does not need it, its not going to use it. It will be burned as fuel at the expense of some energy. Yes. It takes some energy to break down protein to release the energy from it.

Lusterkx2 said:
OMG me too thread maker! Ive been eating real good 6 times a day protein with every meal whole wheat bread. Drinking my protein working about an hour and 20 minutes. Getting good sleep.. And im still the same size. Ive been doing it for about 2 months and guess what happened yesterday. I weighed myself and Only gained 5 pounds. T_T. I wanted to just call it quit, because all my hard work and there was no result. I too is looking for the answer on whats happening!!
*Note. The following advice works best for mesomorphs. Moderate recovery, moderate metabolism. Moderate insulin sensitivity.

Lift heavier weights, shorter intense workouts, then eat some more. Stay away from bread, potatoes, white rice.... etc. if you can. Small amounts. Eat more fat too. Animal fat is ok, plant fats and oils are best. Avocados, olives, nuts, coconut... etc.

Your whey protein shakes are sh*t. Eat some meat or go higher end with proteins like casein. Slower absorption is better. Keeps the body constantly fed with nutrients.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smack said:
If you want to bulk up, you'll have to eat a lot. Gaining fat is just a part of bulking up.

Maxtro H & F

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
If you want to bulk up, you'll have to eat a lot. Gaining fat is just a part of bulking up.
I agree with this.

It's all about eating much more and working out.

I started my workout program a little more than a month ago. Back then I was 142 @ 17% BF. Now I'm 150 @ 17% BF. According to the formula in my excel file, I've gained about 6.5 pounds of muscle and 1.5 pounds of fat. I definitely feel bigger and some members of my family who haven’t seen me in a while made comments that I look bigger as well.

The trick is all about eating as soon as you feel hungry, whenever you feel hungry. BTW I’m almost always hungry.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spax said:
Hey guys,

Help me out here.

I've been going to the gym for about 3 months, about 3 times a week for 1 hour each time.

it takes time, stay consisted

I have noticed some improvement in my biceps, but Im still a skinny guy! Like really skinny. It sucks!

Visualize what you want to look like IGNORE THE MIRROR

I eat stacks of protein. I eat 3 eggs for breakfast and a 30g protein shake.

6 eggs, 60g protein shake + simple carbs

I eat about 40 grams of protein from tuna for lunch.

again add a simple carb

I eat about 30grams of protein from some meat for dinner, and rice or potato.

I have another protein shake.

And usually before each work out, I eat about 20grams of protein from tuna, and have a shake afterwards.

BUT, IM SKINNY! Im not bulky or ripped at all. Just a normal skinny guy! Any help? Can anyone help me out with a routine or diet changes?

Thanks

RESPONSES IN BOLD

overall you should double what your already eating

DJ Shaka

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to stop being skinny, you must start eating like a lion.

If you don't eat like a lion, you will NOT grow, period, no matter how hard you train.

U

user43770

Eat like a horse, train like a madman, sleep like baby, grow like a weed.

TheAnswer_

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all about getting enough calories and not having wasted calories. You need the right vitamins to help you grow. Make sure you have a multivitamin, some zma, whey protein. Sleep and nutrition is what builds muscle if you have a solid workout plan. Eat every 2-3 hours to increase your metabolism and protein breakdown.

gettingstronger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Harlock said:
try telling that any real bodybuilder or powerlifter, and see if you can get away without getting laughed in your face. do the research before you make bs statements like that. It's obviously not working for the topicstarter.

:yes:

I started off at 132lbs a few months ago. Im now at 155/156lbs.

Muscle mass is not produced unless theres a calorie surplus supplied to the body to use for construction. The body has limited energy and it doesnt want to build muscle unless there is a surplus of incomming energy. Provide it with enough calories aswell as protiens , carbs and fats and your body will grow. Just eating protiens alone will not suffice.

In other words, you must EAT

Read the nutrition threads here.

What do you weigh in lbs? Multiply it by 20 to get the amount of calories u need.

eg

if u weigh 100lbs then do the following:

100lbs X 20 = 2000.

You wud need 2000kcals a day in order to grow.

If u wanted to divide that by 6 meals a day.. u wud:

2000/6 = 333.3kcal per meal

capiche?

And yeh... drink a gallon of whole milk. Works wonders.

remember, EAT!!!

good luck

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Harlock said:

No, you need to do more research before making statements like that. If your macros aren't in order you're going to get fat, simple as that. If you think that real powerlifters and bodybuilders just eat as much food as they can, thinking that food = muscle, then you're clearly mistaken. As Palumbo or Poliquin what they think of that.

Yes but how much fat gain? Very little actually.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there any good books that discuss bodybuilding diets?

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smack said:
No, you need to do more research before making statements like that. If your macros aren't in order you're going to get fat, simple as that. If you think that real powerlifters and bodybuilders just eat as much food as they can, thinking that food = muscle, then you're clearly mistaken. As Palumbo or Poliquin what they think of that.
Who said that? Eating more =/= stuffing yourself with McDonalds all day. In order to build muscle you need to eat more than the average person. Find me any coach who will deny that. You can eat all the macros in the world but if there's not enough energy coming in you're not going to grow.