Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If there were a public execution tomorrow

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't go either. For the reasons others have stated, and also because it's a fear tactic. Put fear in the masses to better control them.

Regarding the death penalty, I think the best option is to get rid of those folks, but do not think the death penalty is the best way. It takes too long, and costs taxpayers too much. Same with keeping them in prison.

The death penalty sends the wrong message. Murder is wrong, but it's OK if our gov does it. It does not deter crime. The people out murdering others do not value life, even their own lives.

For the really bad folks, put them all on an island in the middle of nowhere and let them fend for themselves. We wouldn't have to deal with them here, would not cost much, relatively, and would produce a few jobs for patrolmen to patrol the perimeter of the island by heavily armed boats. Make sure they don't try and escape, and rejoin civilization which they obviously are not welcome being that they are the murderers and thugs they are.

Out of sight, out of mind. If the island gets too populated (doubt it, as they would kill each other)..but if it does, we'll just send in Chuck Norris to thin the herd. :)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
Patently untrue.

The numbers show conclusively that there is a deterrent effect.

In my kingdom, you threaten someone in a premeditated way with a weapon in order to commit a crime, you give up your right to live.

After a couple years of cleaning house, the deterrent effect would be very obvious to even those who believe that thugs should receive only a slap on the wrist for their brutality.

Just as a man teaches others what they can and cannot get away with with him, so a society teaches what people can get away with. The death penalty serves the purpose of eliminating the scum and low-lifes of the world who would think nothing of whacking your sister or your mother. And I have noticed that the more liberal of us tend to change their tune on the subject when reality hits that close to home. It is very noble for the king or the state to protect its citizenry from murderous maggots.
i have a little bit more insight on this than most people. i have discussed this before here af ew times but my maternal grandfather was on death row for killing 2 men a few months before i was born. my entire life i saw him it was throw the jail house glass.

there was a racial/self defense element to the crime and it eventually got reduced to 25 to life and he got out of jail about what 10 years ago and went right back 2 years later.

i can honestly say i would not shed a tear if hew as put to death. He's a cold blooded man who has no qualms at all about killing people who piss him off. people like him do not deserve to live. (the irony being that he has like 8 kids, as much scum as he is women love the **** of him. i dated a girl in high school that i eventually found out was actually my cousin as my grand father was her mothers father) . IMHO people who are liberal about the death pentanty are people who do not know people this cruel or peolple who are overly religious. it's my own damn grand dad and i think he needs to die. this is the guy who sees you in the bar looking at his gir a litte bit to hard goes and gets his gun ou thte car and puts 2 in your head. i mean he had a somewhat soft side and he wasn't an ******* and he never did antyhing to me to make me hate him, but just his overall body of work is pathetic as a human being.

i think a lot like you do. frankly i don't think the death penalty is cruel enough. it's not a deterrent because it's too easy. how is sticking someone in solitary confinement where they are not around other prisoners then putting a needle in their arm and putting them to sleep going to deter someone from raping and killing people?

somewhere along the last 100 years we have become way too liberal and the higher end punishments don't fit the higher end crimes. tim mcvagh kills 200 people in a bombing and gets put to sleep lol. i am not saying we should go 100% mid evil but, the gas chamber, firing squads, hangings, burning people to death, i think these should be all legit death pentalty options and depending on what you did is going to be how bad your penalty is. if you rape 9 year old girls and kill them something hot and long needs to be stuck up your ass while you blead to death. that may not be pc but that's how i feel about it.

like the dude in norway that killed all those people in the bombing and the max you can get in norway for any crime is 21 years and he said in the newspaper this is fvcking insulting i deserve the death penalty and lol he's right. that is kinda insulting to him and to the vicitims of the crime. we have become so damn PC it's killing us.

Dedication

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an analytical guy, i'm introverted and prone to seeing the big picture (even tho i'm mostly using it for my own life), other peoples emotions have very little effect over my state of being. therefore other people see me as cold and can define me as boring, the only way i'm making myself interesting and make up for this 'boring' part' is by taking action, but whenever i'm doing nothing, especially for longer periods of time, i'm just a logical deep thinker.

Having said that, i think it fits my personality to allow a death penalty. It looks so fascinating to witness it, i could kiss my children goodnight on the same day and feel nothing of it. Witnessing a death has so many advantages it just gives you a new experience thats part of nature, a reality check if you will. I'm currently not understanding whats wrong with it.

As a side note: I'm even going as far as to not give a **** if my neighbour dies or lives. Really, wtf do i care? I got nothing to do with him other then the occasional 'whats up' when i pass him. I'm not emotionally involved with him so he can have all the women and money in the world, or die in an ally, it wouldn't change my life so i'm indifferent to it.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
like the dude in norway that killed all those people in the bombing and the max you can get in norway for any crime is 21 years and he said in the newspaper this is fvcking insulting i deserve the death penalty and lol he's right. that is kinda insulting to him and to the vicitims of the crime. we have become so damn PC it's killing us.
"Anders Behring Breivik has been remanded at Ila Prison since his arrest. There he has at his disposal three prison cells. One where he can rest, sleep and watch DVD movies or television, a second is set up for him to use a PC without Internet connection, and in a third cell there is gym equipment that he can use."

I think I would see an execution like that. It really puts thing into perspective when you see someone about to live their last minutes/seconds...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dedication said:
I'm an analytical guy, i'm introverted and prone to seeing the big picture (even tho i'm mostly using it for my own life), other peoples emotions have very little effect over my state of being. therefore other people see me as cold and can define me as boring, the only way i'm making myself interesting and make up for this 'boring' part' is by taking action, but whenever i'm doing nothing, especially for longer periods of time, i'm just a logical deep thinker.

Having said that, i think it fits my personality to allow a death penalty. It looks so fascinating to witness it, i could kiss my children goodnight on the same day and feel nothing of it. Witnessing a death has so many advantages it just gives you a new experience thats part of nature, a reality check if you will. I'm currently not understanding whats wrong with it.

As a side note: I'm even going as far as to not give a **** if my neighbour dies or lives. Really, wtf do i care? I got nothing to do with him other then the occasional 'whats up' when i pass him. I'm not emotionally involved with him so he can have all the women and money in the world, or die in an ally, it wouldn't change my life so i'm indifferent to it.
you bring up a very astute point that i had not yet thought of.

have any of you ever read the book brave new world? if you went to school you shoudl have. in the book, there are these wars going on between these three super countries the entire book yet no one really knows anything about the wars and they are told to celebrate when they win and to be disappointed when they lose. yet, they really do not have any real connection to the war, because it does not effect them on a day to day basis, none of their kids are at war, hell they really can't even prove there is a war lol.

the truth is, death exists. death is a natural part of life and protecting us and pretending that it doesn't happen isn't going ot stop it from happening. to be it's more about going and seeing death, painful death with my own two eyes so that i can emotionally put an image with this image. it's one thing to say death, it's another to see a 90 year old grand parent die in the hosptial but to see a life cut short by a painful death, that mental image needs to be there and it's not for society.

growing up in the dark ages, half the population that was born would make it past the age of 10. by the time you were 20 years old you knew death all too well. friends died. family members died. you saw people get killed in war, hell you were probably being pillaged by barbarians, it made life more real.

now only 1 out of 50 kids will die before the age of 10. most kids can go their entire childhood and not have any one they know die and if they do it's in a hosptial somewhere and they are probaly old or what not. it's just not real if that makes any sense.

my wife and i watched a TV show on netflix a few weeks ago, Borgia which is the histirocal fiction about pope alexander the 6th (you must watch this if for antyihng to see his ass licking hot daughter. mother of god she's hot. note there are 2 shows, the borgias and borgis. borgis is the better one)

anyway, about half way through the show, the pope's son gets raped by another male while being imprisoned as a hostage. he got out of jail and did not tell one person about what happened and just dealt with the guy in due time. not even his dad the pope. never said one word to him about it.

the next eposide when the french pillaged the city of rome, the dude who got raped his mother got raped by vandals. i mean she cried and she had to go through her little deal but she has no "emotional trama" she picked up and moved on with it and carried on her day to day lives.

i watched that and was thinking man let that **** happen today the dude would be all on TV and be on all kinds of mediation and use it an excuse to start using drugs and the woman would be attention whoring it up.

as a society we are *****es becuase we don't see or experience enough things to make us emotionally hardened. this show is actually why i posted this question. there was a dude exccutred and the 2 dudes on stage took these 2 big hammers and just started mauling the dude and there were women and children in the crowd and some of the women had to turn away but they were there. hal fof them didnt' even flinch.

i do not think it'sa concidence that people back then married much younger. they were grown much younger.

one cannot seriously experience life utnil they first know death. in my drug using days i have been put in some pretty bad situtations. i've had a gun drawn on me before, i've known people who have used with me die. even worse than death i've seen with my own two eyes the effects that drugs have on people when it's not kind enough to put them out of their misery, the aimless day to day living for nothing more than drugs. no cable TV, no food in the kitchen, just drugs. ic ame out of that experience with much more zeal for life and much more zeal for the things i wish to accomplish.

it really wasnt' posed as a pro or anti death penalty question. more of why would you or why would you not. i feel all experiences, even the ones i don't care for, help me undeerstand things and provide me with motivation.

Last edited:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty anti-death penalty but I'm morbidly curious so I'd probably watch and hate myself.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker:
frankly i don't think the death penalty is cruel enough. it's not a deterrent because it's too easy. how is sticking someone in solitary confinement where they are not around other prisoners then putting a needle in their arm and putting them to sleep going to deter someone from raping and killing people?... i am not saying we should go 100% medieval but, the gas chamber, firing squads, hangings, burning people to death, i think these should be all legit death penalty options.
You cannot dance around the counter-deterrent brutalization effect of capital punishment causing more people to commit more murders. Except for retributive vengeance, there is nothing the death penalty can societally accomplish which cannot be achieved through life in prison without the possibility of parole, and good fundamental social policy is derived upon reasoned rationality rather than retributive vengeance.
my maternal grandfather was on death row for killing 2 men a few months before i was born. my entire life i saw him it was throw the jail house glass. there was a racial/self defense element to the crime and it eventually got reduced to 25 to life and he got out of jail about what 10 years ago and went right back 2 years later.

I can honestly say i would not shed a tear if he was put to death. He's a cold blooded man who has no qualms at all about killing people who piss him off.
When California released 40 of its death row inmates during the 1970’s, only one inmate returned to death row. Not to say death row inmates should ordinarily be released, but this points to the transformative reformative power of someone spending 20 years in the slammer and becoming a fundamentally changed person. Stanley Williams, the founder of the Crips gang, won the Nobel Peace Prize before his execution. Life in prison without the possibility of parole is a viable alternative which does society better good than brutalizing society into killing more people.

Now to finally answer your hypothetical question: no.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
You cannot dance around the counter-deterrent brutalization effect of capital punishment causing more people to commit more murders. Except for retributive vengeance, there is nothing the death penalty can societally accomplish which cannot be achieved through life in prison without the possibility of parole, and good fundamental social policy is derived upon reasoned rationality rather than retributive vengeance.When California released 40 of its death row inmates during the 1970’s, only one inmate returned to death row. Not to say death row inmates should ordinarily be released, but this points to the transformative reformative power of someone spending 20 years in the slammer and becoming a fundamentally changed person. Stanley Williams, the founder of the Crips gang, won the Nobel Peace Prize before his execution. Life in prison without the possibility of parole is a viable alternative which does society better good than brutalizing society into killing more people.

Now to finally answer your hypothetical question: no.
]what you have to realize is that i don't give a sh it about how the death penalty. you are using this thread to push your agenda. i am pro death penalty but even if i were trying to make the case for it here, i would not do so by saying that it minimizes the risk of future killings or whatever to happen.

this thread is solely about the point of watching someone being brutally murdered, not a pro or anti death penalty thread.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for not listening. People have very strong opinions on the death penalty but there’s some research which shows that people don’t know much about it, what they think they know is almost always wrong, and they almost never change their opinions after becoming educated on it. I know it wasn’t your intent to discuss the death penalty, but it was an education opportunity.

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
I watch nothing that Big Brother puts on. I don't care about what society thinks, says or does. I have set up my life so that I need not care about such bs.

Dedication

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so one of my friends just let me watch a very horrific video of a public execution. So for those of you that want to see an execution, i present you something that made many people's stomach turn. I will also warn you about execution, its horrific.

its a long intro, watch it all to get that little emotional attachment bonus or start at 3:00 to jump straight into the action.

This video contains cruel murder. Its not suited for anybody.
http://www.camilleri.nl/2011/09/onthoofding-met-kettingzaag/

Having said that, i'm suprised the dutch have no problems with having video's like these online.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dedication said:
Alright, so one of my friends just let me watch a very horrific video of a public execution. So for those of you that want to see an execution, i present you something that made many people's stomach turn. I will also warn you about execution, its horrific.

its a long intro, watch it all to get that little emotional attachment bonus or start at 3:00 to jump straight into the action.

Having said that, i'm suprised the dutch have no problems with having video's like these online.
Man that's torture right there... should be an instant kill... really sick

MrJibbles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dedication said:

I'm pretty desensitized to violence because of video games, horror movies, etc., but honestly this was horrifying.