Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I want to smell good what are some good colognes

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With cologne, you get what you pay for. The guys running around in the designer brand colognes are going to be smelling better than guys in cheap coolwater, Abercrombie (I HATE their cologne), or RL fragrances.
I'd have to say that Dreamer, by Versace, is the best cologne I have, and the best I have ever smelled. It is strong at first but after 5 minutes it's amazing, and lasts all day. I also have Acqua di Gio and while it is good stuff, it is too common in my opinion, and the smell kinda gets old quick... I get tired of smelling like a melon or whatever. Candies is good, Swiss Army is another one to check out. I need to try out Pi because I like vanilla scents.... come to think of it the Dreamer has a little vanilla in it I think.

Oh yeah, and Axe is horrible, maybe ok for highschool gym usage, but other than that, smells like crap and gives me a headache.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RL fragrances

I didn't know Ralph Lauren was considered cheap? Romance is fleeting. I still like the Black Code.

Most of the Axe scents bring back memories of the knock-off cologne table at the state fair when I was a kid. But try the tsunami - it is really not horrible.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, no, it's not cheap I guess, but I don't consider it to be in the same league as the higher-end brands, which specialize in fragrances. I used to like RL until I discovered it had become the college equivalent to the highschool Abercrombie.... college kids everywhere buying the shirts just for the name, and thinking they look pimp just because they have the pony on their chest, haha. I also like to stay away from the norm, and the over-used colognes. RL is overpriced (I know because I can buy those $65 polo shirts for as little as $8.50 straight from the source), but so is everything else. Like I said though, I stick with the best of everything, those brands that specialize, otherwise I might as well shop at Walmart and get a bunch of crappy stuff in one store.

And as for Axe, I had all the scents, Tsunami, Phoenix, Essence, you name it, and I used to think it was nice too, back in hs, when everyone was using it, but the second I smelled a real cologne, it made Axe smell horrible. Furthermore, Old Spice red zone deoderant beats the shi-t out of any deoderant Axe ever made.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am learning the value of a tip that I have read on sosuave - you have to wear a cologne before you can judge the way it smells. Colognes are a mix of fragrances - some of them fade out quickly. Spraying a paper card at the store is very little help.

Hugo Boss never impressed me until I wore it. Now I can see why it is so popular.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have aqua di gio and cool water

and i always spray like 4 sprays on my neck, and sometimes i can't even smell it on myself, let alone my girl smelling it on me

its bloody annoying, because i can't smell nothign which defeats teh purpose of putting it on, and im just wasting it and my money at hte same time

any ideas?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Other people should be able to smell it even if you can't. Try putting one of those sprays on the inside of your wrist and rubbing your wrists together gently. The best places to give off scent are pulse points. Then ask for opinions of females you trust.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The neck should be a really effective place for it... you want it on the "hotspots" like neck, inside of wrists, chest, and if you want, a dab behind each ear in case you have close encounters with the opposite sex. The heat is supposed to cause it to give the scent off more, but the important thing is that it mixes with your body chemistry right, so that's why you need to find one that fit's YOU, not someone else. It should compliment your natural pheromones.

4 sprays and you can't smell it? Is your nose like messed up or something? Lol, cool water is like one of the easiest colognes to detect. I can put on just one spray (on my chest) and it is strong enough. He's right though, even if you can't smell it doesn't mean girls don't. You merely don't notice it anymore since you have smelled it for so long. Women also have more acute senses of smell so I would be careful not to douse myself in cologne because it might be too much for them.

ATX1001

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a lot of people recommend Acqua di Gio. I used to wear it a lot around 10 years ago, but then stopped wearing cologne all together. I have recently picked up some Black Code.. but I didn't pick up a new bottle of Acqua di Gio because of this page . Anyone think of a reason why? too popular maybe?

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Burberry London - For Men :up:

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Dolce and Gabbana for evenings in fall/winter ( has a tendency to be overly powerful when it's hot and humid.)

Kenneth Cole Black for daytime use fall/winter

Bvlgari for men ALL year.

Christian Dior Fahrenheit is another tight one good for everyday use.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Oh, and if you can still find it, There's a cologne called Raw Vanilla by Coti. JesusHChrist, I was literally pawed by three very attractive women , of different age groups mind you, at a Screening a couple months back. Really powerful stuff.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
REALLY now........
hmmm, I love the smell of vanilla, and I was going to try that one but thought maybe vanilla can be kinda feminine smelling so I didn't..... but now that you said that, I think I am gonna order a small bottle of that stuff.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, just ordered some Coti Raw Vanilla yesterday, from an online store..... man it is inexpensive too... I only got a .5 oz bottle to try out, which is not that small, but it was only I think $5. I also ordered a small Givenchy Pi bottle too to try that one out....(supposed to have a strong vanilla scent) yeah, THAT stuff is expensive. It was more than the Dreamer and Acqua di Gio I previously bought.

egamirorrimeht

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that you have to wear a different cologne for the different season...

For Spring/Summer or other sunny weather I like Chrome. Coolwater is good too, but Chrome is definately my fave here. The ladies seem to enjoy it as well..

For the Winter I like Eddie Bauer Adventurer. And I've never met a girl who didn't like it. It just smells masculine. I once asked a perfume counter girl what her favorite cologne was and she told me Eddie Bauer Adventurer. I told her, "That's amazing! That's the cologne I wear!" I got her number, and then ran out and bought a bottle before our first date.

For the Winter, you can't go wrong with the classic Polo.

And has anyone noticed that some of the generic colognes just aren't the same? I've gotten a few that are good, but mostly I spend my cash on the real deal.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically you just gotta wear stronger colognes in the winter to overcome the added layers of clothing.