Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I really like this girl...but...weird situation

Does she like me/do I have a chance?

• Total voters

shyguyarrgh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a senior in high school. I have known this girl for 3 or 4 years through choir. She is a junior. I always have thought she was beautiful. One of my friends and I used to always tell her she was hot. He was just joking. I wasn't. She really enjoyed the attention. He graduated, and I carried on the tradition. Later on, she and I ended up being cast as characters in the musical who were each other's love interest. We got married on stage an unimaginable amount of times, in fact. During the play, during parts we had to freeze, we would just look into each other's eyes. Her pupils dialated greatly, and I am pretty sure mine did too, without any concious thought. Besides barraging her with wife jokes, and baby jokes (yes, our characters had a baby) I tried to flirt with her whenever I could. Later in the year, I asked her to sign my yearbook. She playfully said "no." I kept asking and asking and she never did (and still hasn't) signed it. I asked one of her friends why, and her friend's direct quote: "Oh,...she just likes you." Inside, I was doing backflips. So towards the end of the year, I have been leaving her notes, because I am kindof shy. When I look into her eyes, I get so concentrated on them and her overall beauty and wonderfulness that I can't really put 2 and 2 together. So the first few notes were just funny, with lots of sarcastic humor (She uses sarcasm to flirt with me). Then, in a recent one, I told her how beautiful I thought she was. I told her that I really meant it all those thousands of times when I told her she was hot. She commented the next day and said something about me being on the choir risers behind the "hottest girl in the choir." That was a start. I left her another one yesterday with the line "I've fallen (for you) and I can't get up." I also told her that although she probably had plans for prom, that I wish I would have asked her earlier. I said that if she didn't have plans with her friends, or a date to let me know if she would be willing to go out with this loser. No, she and I know I am not a loser. That was a bit of inside sarcasm.

There was a school event that evening. I was there the whole time. She showed up. In a bright red tank top. My head nearly exploded. I am crazy about her. She was looking in my direction. I got flustered and went to the restroom while she was checking in at the front table with one of her friends. I came back out and she had gone out to the courtyard. I spent lots of time plotting, and finally made my way towards the courtyard. She and her friend were coming out the doors. She looked at me and smiled, but then someone walked in front of me, she and her friend disappeared, and I was asked to assist someone (I was a volunteer at the event). She ended up leaving before I could talk to her. I was devastated. I think she is pretty shy too. We haven't actually talked about dating or anything, I have just mentioned it in my notes. She has actually started acting more interested in me than just a flirt. I have once heard her friends and her behind me talking. I heard a piece of a sentence that said .."why don't you go up and do something crazy, like slap him in the butt." I was thinking "come and get it!" But she is too shy and reserved to do something like that. At another event, her car was being worked on and her parents came and got her. As I was leaving, I walked past her family. Her dad or mom had asked her why she even came (it was a crappy event...I went because I thought she would). Either she or her mom (similar voices) replied "someone special is here." It sure didn't sound sarcastic, and I could tell I wasn't really meant to hear it (I have super sensitive hearing abilities).

I am in love with this girl, and I don't know if she realizes it. I think she does. There are lots of other little things I could tell about that point to her liking me like that. She has had two boyfriends, and they both chewed tobacco. She hated that, and broke up. She is still very close friends with them though, which creeps me out when one of them comes up behind her and hugs her in the hall.

At this point, I just want to know if she even has feelings for me or not. If she does, great! If she doesn't, I need to stop these attempts, and try to repair our friendship so that awkweirdness isn't there. Anyone know what I should do/you think she likes me?

Edit: She also points the foot at me a lot, and points the shoulders, etc...no arm touching yet. I think she is maybe more shy than I am. I doubt she would have let me keep writing those notes if she wansn't intersted. Her personality is a double edged sword. One side is the beautiful goddess that she is, and the other is her temper. Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn.

I am not interested in just her body. I love her personality and want her companionship more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I am attracted to her, but I don't want her for only physical intimacy. (NO, I don't mean sex...saving that for the honeymoon with whoever.)

I am not interested in being a mackdaddy. I am interested in love.

Sorry about the long post.

Last edited:

mlurey

Reaction score
Believe me, its NOT a weird situation.
You got some REALLY good setups (the play) and the notes aren't a bad idea - girls like cheesey stuff.

"I also told her that although she probably had plans for prom, that I wish I would have asked her earlier. I said that if she didn't have plans with her friends, or a date to let me know if she would be willing to go out with this loser."

Low self esteem. Should have been more like You probably don't have plans for prom, and if you do cancel them - you are going to end up going with me.

She obviously likes you, don't go crazy over little things you think you hear.

As far as akwardness, I've tried dozens of times, and only ONCE have we not been awkard after a relationship.

Basically, just ask her out already.

VegasGuy56

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NURSE! GET THIS MAN A BIBLE. STAT!

Dude, she likes you, but you have a lot to learn, which I recommend doing quickly before it's too late. Read the DJ Bible chapters on attraction and dating. After that, read the chapter on conversation, so you can talk to her in person instead of using notes.

shyguyarrgh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have trouble talking to her, after the ice is broken. We really get along quite well. I think she came to the event last night just to see me. She was there a total of 30 minutes or so before she left. And then, there was the way she was dressed. I am currenlty banging my head against the wall.

shyguyarrgh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I wait to talk to her monday at school, or should I look up her number and call? Of course, I'd have to deal with her parents if I called...

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like Romeo and Juliet!! YES she wants you~~ Comen YOU have to make the move, Quit being a wuss!!! YOu have to start reading Dj bible, and gain cofidence! She been wanting you for 4 years and you still playing games like you are in the kinder garden, All i can say is go out there and grab her out of the water, or else, she will drown.

pr0teus

Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that she's on terms with her ex boyfriends is definitely a good thing - if you don't live happily ever after at least you won't have your head bitten off :trouble:

Tells you something about how mentally stable a girl is. Go for her.

I even think there was a DJ tip somewhere here saying just this.

Muphaser

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you gonna phone her bro, have a reason.

If not, get her mobile number off her from school - cos looking up a girls number to call her is a bit wierd

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Muphaser said:
If you gonna phone her bro, have a reason.

If not, get her mobile number off her from school - cos looking up a girls number to call her is a bit wierd

I agree, couse chiks hate when u get their aims, phone numbers, adress, or whatever is her's, without asking. Just ask her for her phone number, If she likes YOU then SHe will give you her #. If she doesnt give you, then stop wasting your time:(

shyguyarrgh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't mention the other one (another girl)...she is into touching my arm or knee every chance she gets, and her friends were messing with her once and she said she " knew who she wanted to marry." and her friends all cracked up...if the one i oringinally posted about doesn't work out, i will go after this one, because she is going to go to the same college as i am. The girl i originally posted about is planning on going out of state....(not if I can help it)...

cubed

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading your post, and it was okay until I came to this:
Then, in a recent one, I told her how beautiful I thought she was
As all DJs know, telling a girl that you think she's beautiful, gorgeous, etc. is a big no no. Yeah, I read that you're not interested in being a 'mackdaddy' (to tell the truth, neither am I), but if you do things right, you'll be a lot happier.

As for your poll question, there should be a fourth choice. Make a move. That's the only real thing you can do. Or you can chicken out and go back to being friends, forever wondering if it could have ever been. Your call.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to surprise her, and take her out. Show her a good time.

shyguyarrgh

Don Juan
Reaction score
$%@$^)%&)$(%$%)(@$)%(@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't talk to her today. I did leave yet another note.

"You probably have discovered that I really want you. I think we need to talk." I then gave her my cell number and asked her to text her cell number to me<---what a puss... I MUST talk to her tomorrow! Then I said "My desire for you burns like the white-hot intensity of one thousand suns."

I suck. I also mentioned in there somewhere that she needs to be expecting me to talk to her tomorrow. She looked kind of dissappointed today. I can give a guess why. She also was violently point-kicking her leg at me most of the time through choir today. I am pissed at myself.

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
Loosen up, it's not the end of the world (really, it's already over).

Try to imply that your odd poetry fiasco was a joke (if possible).

Try again tomorrow, and BEFORE YOU TALK/WRITE A NOTE.

...Relax.

Deep breaths, sit up straight, and close your eyes (only if you really need to).

If you won't close your eyes, then stare at one point, because rapid eye movements = distress (your body listens).

shyguyarrgh

Don Juan
Reaction score
She had math competition today. Another day, another freakin' note. I said I was sorry for all of those cheesy lines I had used in the past. I just pretty much said it straight. "I like you a lot. I hope you like me (like that...yes, you know what I mean)....If you don't feel about me the way that I feel about you I need to know so that I don't dig my hole any further. If you are only interested in being just friends, I don't want things to be awkward. I hope you like me back though. Be expecting me to talk to you tomorrow. It's time I buck up. I am sorry I asked you to text me, I don't expect you too."

The note wasn't exactly like that, but you get the drift. Also, I have been putting these notes on her car. Yesterday and today I put them in plastic because of rain. Maybe she will see the dedication there. I know pretty much 80-90% that she likes me, so I am safe saying what I said. Note: I AM STILL CRAZY ABOUT HER!

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, I like what you did, it was an improvement and made you seem less AFC (not an insult!).

Just DO WHAT YOU CAN TO SEE HER!

I will prescribe to you... Dr.Dante's formula o' suprise!

It's really just a sugar pill, but you're supposed to formulate a suprise date or visit or anything in between with her, YOU DON'T HAVE TO, but I would suggest it.

OH OH OH... and don't forget... She's not the life of you!

Muphaser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you keep obsessing and giving her these notes- She gonna loose interest fast

Jus chill on her for a bit, she'll wonder what happened

And jus ask her straght for her number, bro

cubed

Don Juan
Reaction score
"My desire for you burns like the white-hot intensity of one thousand suns."
Did you really write that? It sounds really cliche.

I strongly recommend that you stop writing these notes. It sounds like they are annoying/creepy/desperate and they don't seem to be helping you. What you should do is to relax and wait patiently until you have a chance to see her. When you do, play it cool (don't profess your love/tell her she's gorgeous, etc.). If she seems receptive, invite her to do something with you.

Good Luck!

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA.....sounds beautiful. i know what you mean and i know that kinda girl^^. i didn't finish reading your post, but you are a goddamn good writer when it comes to women. sorry this response is totally irrelevant, but i had to get it out :D