Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need to lose 10-15lbs fast

Hanley

Reaction score
Hi alphaace,
Do increase the quantity of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. They will make you active.
Drink at least 10 glass of water throughout a day.
Start walking, it will improves your stamina and will help you in your boot camp.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat to an extent OP as I'm also joining the Military except I'm going into the Army in September. You are lucky as you didn't have to lose weight to even get in (I was 285 lbs. before I applied and lost 60 pounds before I even applied. Still have to lose like 10 pounds to not get taped to get in.)

As stated earlier the easiest way to lose weight is eat a low carb high protein diet. I ate Eggs and Wheat Toast (One piece) for breakfast, Tuna, Salad or Chicken for Lunch, and a Lean Cuisine for dinner.

I also drank only water except on my cheat days where I would have a bagel in the morning with some cream cheese, ate out at Subway for lunch and dinner. I also had black coffee on the days I didn't work out which seemed to help out a bunch for me but it might not of overall.

Lost lots of weight over the course of 6 months and now I can run an under 8 minute mile, can pump out close to 20 push ups without a problem and can pump out close to 60 sit ups in a minute. Good luck man on trying to slim down in the short time but try to do it healthy.

Aiken

Reaction score
It is not a problem at all... you just need to set a diet plan with low calories and exercise daily...
You would achieve your aim..

alphaace

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I made it through bootcamp, it was a massive joke. The physical training was a complete waste, my 14 year old niece could pass that crap. I actually graduated on June 4th but we have no internet in our housing yet as Fort Sam Houston is brand new for the navy and our stuff is still being built so I'm actually on my Evo right now.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I trained mma with a guy who left for Marine Corp boot camp, and then came back in horrible shape compared to when he left. He tried to fight right after he got back and ended up getting beaten badly.

Michaelfern

Reaction score
What everyone else said. Also, to lose the water weight do it before the weigh in. Take some diuretics the day before to flush out the rest of that water.

Be careful you don't take too much and dehydrate too much.
In agreement with Alle_Gory, diuretics are the way to go about losing weight a little quickly. Though instead of supplements I'd actually suggest opting for some natural way to go out about this.

Fruits & certain tea options make for an excellent choice to lose weight with minimum side effects. Here is the complete list:

• Coffee
  • Cranberry juice
  • Pineapple juice
  • Dandelion tea
  • Green tea
  • Lemon juice
  • Lemon water
  • Apple cider vinegar with warm water
  • Fennel tea
  • Parsley tea
  • Ginger tea
  • Carrot juice
  • Celery in soups and salads
  • Beetroot juice

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It'll take at least a month to lose 10-15lbs of fat. You can lose water faster, but it will come right back on. Plan it, don't wish for the shortcut or "easy money"

Erik VL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vegetables and meat. Or vegetables and eggs. You will feel really full from a bunch of eggs even though one boiled egg is only 78 calories. (A fried egg is 100 calories, a raw egg is 50 calories. The cooking makes the calories easier to absorb. But I digress.)

Do NOT eat constantly. That's bro science. Eat only within eight hours per day. Or if you can, skip eating for a day. This is doable because sustaining on fat and protein creates ketones in your blood, the cells that convert body fat to fuel. But only if you don't eat any sugar, which kills ketones.

Experiments show that intermittent fasting helps you lose weight. For example: two groups of mice got the same amount of calories per day, but one group ate them within eight hours per day, while the other group ate continuously throughout the day. The group that did intermittent fasting lost weight. Even though they ate as much as the other group.

Intermittent fasting also reduces the inflammations in your joints and the rest of your body, a primary driver of aging. It also makes your body "eat" old debris in the cells, and repair the cells, making them last longer instead of having to be replaced. The constant replacing of cells with new cells is aging, as you know. Animals that do intermittent fasting live 15 percent longer, and it's not just old age that is lengthened but their youth and middle age as well. So it is very useful, not just for losing weight.

Read roguehealthandfitness.com for more about this. Mangan is a man in his sixties who lifts more than, well, anyone here I'm pretty sure, and is very healthy. He digs up so much useful information, and he analyzes studies that are iffy (noting what kind of test subjects they have and what kind of reporting they do, etc), so that you can focus on the studies that are done right. Well recommended.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay on your feet all day. Don't sit down until u go to bed. Do a lot of walking and do cardio and weights on top of that. sort diet out, too much sugar

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post but I haven't seen any science to support that eating in an 8 hour window. The research I have seen is 12 hours which is great because that's far more doable in a normal desk jockey job. If you want to get fat quick guaranteed eat carbs late at night.

Sandres22

Banned
Reaction score
Lots of methods are available for losing weight now a days you know. if you spend few times through searching I hope you'll get lots of different ways. Thank you!

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Caught in bit of a bind on the fruit juice. I drink sour cherry juice and pomegranate juice 4 cell and joint health. If anyone knows where to get some low sugar versions that don't have artificial sweetener that would be awesome.

Erik VL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post but I haven't seen any science to support that eating in an 8 hour window. The research I have seen is 12 hours which is great because that's far more doable in a normal desk jockey job. If you want to get fat quick guaranteed eat carbs late at night.
I have seen the research. The fasting effect starts after 12 hours, so usually a 16-hour fast is recommended, meaning the eating would be within 8 hours per day. The benefit here is not only that ketones are created in the blood, but that insulin is lowered.

However, insulin really starts to drop full speed after 18 hours. There's a chart of this at RogueHealthAndFitness - would have to search in the search function. So, fasting once for a longer time is more beneficial than fasting twice for a shorter time. Which is why I try to do a 36-hour fast once per week, but at the very least fast 22 hours twice per week. Each of these equals several times of 16-hour fasting.

Fasting 16 hours isn't hard, it should be noted. It just means skipping breakfast. "But breakfast is the most important meal of the day," we hear. From Kellogg's. Following a paleo diet, where the energy from fat/protein is distributed slowly over the day, rather than a carb diet where the sugar is quickly released and used up or stored in fat cells, it isn't hard to go without a breakfast. To me, fasting only sixteen hours is now so easy I don't even think about it.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Fruit can put on weight or slow weight loss depending on its Glycemic index and/or Glycemic load.

I had back surgery about 7 years ago and my weight got up to 260 lbs at its highest.

I changed my diet to 60% Protein, 20% Carbs (From fruits and vegetables), 20% Fat.

I went from 260 lbs to 165 lbs (6', 1") in 11 months and then starting some moderate resistance training to add some tone and definition.

I have maintained this diet of clean, healthy eating and have also maintained my current weight of 178 lbs. for the last several years.

Another benefit of a low-carb, high-protien diet/lifestyle is improved mental clarity.