Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need to lose 10-15lbs fast

alphaace

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not gonna lie, in exactly two weeks I go to MEPS to shipout for bootcamp, but the only problem is im a little overweight. Since im over the maximum weight for my height, I need to be atleast 22% Body Fat and Im currently at 25%. I've been pretty much been eatly mostly fruits and drinking water/gatorade and fatfree milk for the past week but that hasn't really been working as i've only lost 2lbs. I started doing some light jogging and doing some situps and pushups before bed the last couple days. I know its really unhealthy to lose a lot of weight quickly but its what I absolutly need to do, even if I gain it all back after they recheck my body fat at MEPS. Im not completly out of shape I've just been lazy over the past two years. I do have access to a pool and a gym. Can anyone point me in the right direction or link a post that might help?

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat tuna or chicken for every meal (every 3 hours), cut all carbs except green veggies, drink a ton of water, and up your cardio intensity. You probably won't lose 15 pounds but you'll drop considerably if you stick to this exactly. I lost 20 pounds in a few weeks doing this.

No more fruit, milk, or gatorade either.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Should be enough time, but the first thing u have to do is cut out the fruit and the gatorade and the milk.

Got to cut out all sweet things dude. Eat only meat and vegetables~ no rice no sugar no bread no potatoes no starchy no carbs at all.

Well obviously some carbs, but try not to let it be more than 30% of your diet.

I repeat, NO FRUIT.

And if you take whey protein before a workout I think it also helps to strip fat.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What everyone else said. Also, to lose the water weight do it before the weigh in. Take some diuretics the day before to flush out the rest of that water.

Be careful you don't take too much and dehydrate too much.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do they let you cut weight like a fighter? Or do you get in trouble for that? If there are no restrictions on how you accomplish the cut, then that much weight is no big deal at all. Here's how fighters and grapplers cut weight: http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html

Of course it is a good idea to follow all the previous advice on here as well. I'd tell you to eat raw cabbage and broccoli and do sprints. Losing weight is easy, but no one likes sprints and broccoli.

dhizzyballuh

Don Juan
Reaction score
not eating fruit is retarded..they are completely healthy, full of fiber, give you energy yaddadadadadada..just because its sweet doesnt mean u cant eat it
i lost 80 pounds and i stuffed my face with fruit

heres the secret to true weight loss
1.find ur maintenance calorie intake
2.subtract 500 from that
3. do your best to eat 1g of protein per pound of ur body (i weigh 183 so i try and eat 183g of protein)
4. lift weights (cardio is good and all, but lifting weights is much more beneficial)
PS: the optimal diet for losing weight while preserving muscle is 30%carbs/40%protein/and 30%fat

if u need to lose weight like ASAP, granted the weight will come back fast, do the master cleanse...worked wonders for me during wrestling season

Badmannaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my dad used to be extremely fit....(5% body fat) he said the same thing to me like an hour ago...

1.workout alot (weight train burns alot of calories)
2.CARDIO CARDIO
3. cut out all Sweets
4.Eat Veggies and meat...

best way to go about this is eating STIR FRY!!!....cheat 1 day a week to satisfy the fat boy in you and SHOCK YOUR BODY...

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
alphaace said:
Im not gonna lie, in exactly two weeks I go to MEPS to shipout for bootcamp, but the only problem is im a little overweight. Since im over the maximum weight for my height, I need to be atleast 22% Body Fat and Im currently at 25%. I've been pretty much been eatly mostly fruits and drinking water/gatorade and fatfree milk for the past week but that hasn't really been working as i've only lost 2lbs. I started doing some light jogging and doing some situps and pushups before bed the last couple days. I know its really unhealthy to lose a lot of weight quickly but its what I absolutly need to do, even if I gain it all back after they recheck my body fat at MEPS. Im not completly out of shape I've just been lazy over the past two years. I do have access to a pool and a gym. Can anyone point me in the right direction or link a post that might help?
They told me only eat tuna drink water. When you run wrap a plastic bag (saran wrap) around your belly it helps you sweat. No pop or sweets and keep running.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dhizzyballuh said:
not eating fruit is retarded..they are completely healthy, full of fiber, give you energy yaddadadadadada..just because its sweet doesnt mean u cant eat it
i lost 80 pounds and i stuffed my face with fruit
Yah I agree, nothing wrong with fruit in a normal, healthy diet~ but when u got lose weight in 14 days or else.... you can go 2 weeks without it.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JustWuzzle said:
They told me only eat tuna drink water. When you run wrap a plastic bag (saran wrap) around your belly it helps you sweat. No pop or sweets and keep running.
The body needs more than just animal meats to function especially over two weeks. Good luck trying to eat only tuna for two weeks. If you have the will to do that, you should really join the Navy Seals.

While saran wrap does help you sweat, so does exercise. Exercise also burns a little energy and raises your metabolism so you burn even more resting after.

Let's try to give him realistic ideas that normal people can use.

alphaace: Have you cut out the milk yet? Sure it might be fat free but milk also has plenty of carbs from the lactose which are extra calories I don't think you need right now. Replace milk with plain water and plenty of it.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some exercises I'm currently doing, which focus on weight loss called HITT workouts.

http://training.fitness.com/interval-training/hitt-explained-18503.html

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...=13936117E2D90546FE6B7F2DD84A1AB1-mcd02.hydra

My thighs and legs were sore for 3 days just by doing one exercise called the thruster. If you really want to lose weight, I'd consider doing that regularly.

I would also recommend working out early in the morning with no food in the stomach. They say that by exercising in the morning your metabolism shoots straight up and stays their through out the day.

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
The body needs more than just animal meats to function especially over two weeks. Good luck trying to eat only tuna for two weeks. If you have the will to do that, you should really join the Navy Seals.

While saran wrap does help you sweat, so does exercise. Exercise also burns a little energy and raises your metabolism so you burn even more resting after.

Let's try to give him realistic ideas that normal people can use.

alphaace: Have you cut out the milk yet? Sure it might be fat free but milk also has plenty of carbs from the lactose which are extra calories I don't think you need right now. Replace milk with plain water and plenty of it.
Hey that's just a quick fix. I would recommend a normal exercise routine. The recruiters will tell you this to push you through extra quick.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
d!ckmojo said:
Yah I agree, nothing wrong with fruit in a normal, healthy diet~ but when u got lose weight in 14 days or else.... you can go 2 weeks without it.
Exactly! Some people confuse a healthy diet with a cutting diet. Fruit is good for you, but extremely bad for losing weight. This is a real common mistake people make when trying to drop weight, not realising that fruit is loaded with carbs and sugars.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quickest way to drop weight in my experience is carb cutting. Drop all carbs from your diet for 3 days, then have one day where you allow yourself a small amount of complex carbs (oatmeal, wholemeal bread, rice etc).

Keep your protein high and try to eat between 6 and 8 times per day. My diet at this time usually consisted of eggs, tuna, chicken, steak and protein shakes (casein or milk protein is better than whey as it's slow release).

This diet will make you feel like crap and is very hard to keep up, but you will notice results in just a few days and you won't believe how quickly your bodyfat melts away.

alphaace

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I know I said I would keep a mini-log in here but during these two weeks I've been bouncing around between my GFs house and my moms house and my moms house is where my computer is located and it sucks balls trying to post on a forum from a Ipod touch.

Anyway, when I started this two weeks ago I was 69.5 inches tall, 212.5lbs with a 38 inch abdomen, 15 inch neck and 25% body fat. Now im at 206lbs, lost a inch off my abdomen and at 23% body fat. I know using just abdomen and neck isnt a very accurate way to determine your body fat but thats the way the Navy likes to do it.

As for what I eat, its kinda weird. For breakfast I would eat a bowl of trix or raisen brand, for lunch I would eat either a bowl of grapes or a bag of jack links original beef jerky, and for dinner I have one of those 300 calorie protine power bars, and if I every got randomly hungry I would munch on some grapes or an apple. As for drinks, I usually drink 4-6 of those 16.9oz bottles of water with one of those "Propel vitamine enchanced water beverage mix" mixed in, as the taste of water gets old after awhile.

For working out I've been going to a gym near my GFs house and been riding the stationary bikes since thursday. The first day I rode 11 miles, second 12, third 17 and yesterday I rode 16 mines all at around 14-15mph. Don't have a gym near my moms house so im just gonna run a few miles tomorrow although I hate running with a passion.

Ally_Gory, I have cheated a little and had a couple glasses of milk.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Copied from the Wikipedia entry on leptin:

"Interactions with fructose
A study published suggests that the consumption of high amounts of fructose causes leptin resistance and elevated triglycerides in rats. The rats consuming the high fructose diet subsequently ate more and gained more weight than controls when fed a high fat, high calorie diet.[55][56][57]
[edit]"

DO NOT EAT FVCKING FRUIT

manella

Reaction score
Eat fresh veggies and drink more water all the day long. Chicken breast's are more helpful in this session. Oatmeal and tuna also help's you better in this matter.... Cardio exercise's help's you more in this sense and specially the swimming is the best one....

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
d!ckmojo said:
DO NOT EAT FVCKING FRUIT
Fruits also contain fiber which slow down the digestion of fructose. While fructose may be bad for you, most fruits contain a small amount.

What you SHOULD be worried about is fruit juices which contain unnaturally high amounts of fructose because they're so concentrated and in most cases also contain additional sugar to sweeten (sugar is also known as glucose-fructose), or worst cases some of the cheaper juices contain high fructose corn syrup which besides containing high amounts of fructose also contains some mercury from the manufacturing process. Hey, that's why HFCS is so cheap, you get what you pay for.