Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"I love you" coming up soon - what is the best response?

neuromancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I suspect a girl I am seeing is starting to fall for me. I suspect she is going to tell me she loves me soon.

I do like her a lot but I know that responding in kind is going to lower her Interest Level.

How do I answer without it seeming like a rejection to her but yet with me still able to remain a Challenge? I want to raise her Interest Level and I want her to know I still do like her but I know that if I don't hide my own Interest Level away that my chances of keeping her are as slim as that of the Pope converting to Islam.

The biggest mistake I can make now is that of saying "I love you" right back.

So what do I say when she says that to me?

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She: I want to tell you something. I love you, neuromancer.

You: Oh, that's nice. Let's take it slow, OK? No need to rush it.

bartender

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could say:

"So do I!"

------------------
a.k.a. stockholder

neuromancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TND: She might take that as a rejection.

Her defenses have tumbled down to the point that she even told me about her last relationship before me and how it ended. I think it ended along the lines of the guy no longer saying "I love you" back and then dropping her shortly after.

I just don't want her to take it as a rejection. I want to let her know I do like her but I don't want her fears to come in too much.

This sounds like the voice of the AFC Nice Guy I so much despise but surely there must be some other way of deflecting this.

What would Doc Love do?

neuromancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Look we've gone out 6 times already, slept together 3 times, she's been introducing me to her sister and to her friends, she's told her dad (back in South America) about me, and I just feel that if she tells me she loves me that it would be really bad for me to come up with too harsh a non-reply.

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take No. 2
----------

She: Neuromancer, I love you so much. Do you love me too?

You: How nice of you to say so. I like you a lot and I'm growing fonder of you every day. (Don't say "I love you" to her unless you want a LTR.)

neuromancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do want an LTR with her. But I know that by letting her know my feelings she's going to lose interest. That's the way it is and always has been.

What about if I just smile, keep my mouth shut, and kiss her? That sounds like what Doc Love would do. Very strong, confident, and it will excite her.

I'm sure she'd say it to me only if we are at my place again, just the two of us. Hopefully after kissing her she won't press the point. But if she does...what do I do then?

She: Neuromancer, I love you so much. Do you love me too?

You: How nice of you to say so. I like you a lot and I'm growing fonder of you every day. (Don't say "I love you" to her unless you want a LTR.)[/B][/QUOTE]

Heart Of Stone

Don Juan
Reaction score
What about if I just smile, keep my mouth shut, and kiss her?
Perfect!!

Hopefully after kissing her she won't press the point. But if she does...what do I do then?
If she presses you for an answer, just tell her something like:

YOU KNOW I DO

Just don't be the one telling her you love her all the time. Make her ask you first.

PortugueseMeatball

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smile to her. Kiss her. Bed her. Never fails.
OK, maybe sometimes... but heck!, just smooch her (avoid tongue-shoving, though).

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should do as you said with the kissing. If she pressures you and you do not want to say it yet. I would say
"It takes me a long time before I feel commfortable telling someone I love them. You are special to me however."

------------------
The very first step to becoming what you want to be is to accept all responsibility for the situation you are in.
in short: quit whining!!!!!!!!!

lordclem*

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the kiss thing should work but what do yoo think about:
she :i love you
you look at her give an intense loving look kiss her hand and then hug her a loving long warm hug.then say thank you ,kiss her and an exit come back shortly (2minutea or the like)and act like nothing happened

BluesBrother2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say something like,

"I've made mistakes in the past by saying it to soon. And I don't want to make that mistake with you. But I'm glad you said it. I'm very happy to be with you"

Or something to that effect.

------------------
damned if you do, damned if you don't

Don_Juanabe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You might try looking into her eyes, smiling, and saying "Do you know how happy you make me?" then kiss her passionately.

Note that you have not said you are unhappy without her, you have not said she makes you happy, you have not said you love her. But, if I am correct, she will feel happy about what you said, and since you are making out with her she won't be able to respond.

DJBe

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Say the same thing, only not in the same exact words:

Her: I love you.

You: I care about you too <kisses girl passionately>.

Reaction score
Some of the above posts pretty much have it. When she says it say something like this while u look her in her eyes "come here u", even though i suspect she is within a few feet of u. Then u pull her in and kiss her.

If she persists after her I LOVE U statement, say something like "u do?!".....pause to see if she bites....then kiss her again tell her she gets u so turned on. Or u can take it another route and just play the questions game about her love for u.

ex. "So what about me makes u love me, i'm curious"........"have u ever been in love before"........"r people suppose to fall in love this fast"..........so on.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's kinda like a test and a gift. You blow this and it gets costly, so look appreciative, if nothing else. I like the silence + kiss response, maybe follow up with a long hug, especially if she's responsive to touch.

Atratus

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could also try to challenge her statement. Something along the lines of:

"I can see why you say that, but i don't think you REALLY love me, yet..."

Followed by a knowing and playfully mischievous frown/smile combo.