Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Hate Looking At Myself In The Mirror

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, well I'm now in a position where I would call myself decent looking

Now to do the hard stuff and approach :(

dalynxx

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheWayOfAllFlesh said:
To get that compliment from a female boosts my self esteem a fair bit, as I've never considered the fact that the other sex would be interested

But anyway I'll post a new photo later. It's nout perfect but it's the best I can do with what the lord gave me :eek:
I'm glad I helped a little. Honestly nobody is perfect. Most of Hollywood and most models have some surgical enhancement or another, whether it is a nose job, skin peel, implants or lipo. I mean look at Megan Fox. She is one of the world's most desired women, but she has had a gang of work done on her face/body from a nose job to eye-reshaping, to a boob job. She is beautiful (and was before of course), but my point is that you shouldn't fret about your looks. Just remember this when you think you hate the way you look - nobody is perfect. We can only work with what we've got.

It's not like you have a big scar on your face or are crossed eyed or have masses of acne scars. In fact if you wanna workout - jogging in the park is free so is circuit training. Press ups are aslo free and so are pull ups using your door frame (I used to do this back in the day! lol). You don't need a gym to work out or bulk up - in fact I only use my gym twice a week because of the sauna and I run and do circuit 3 x a week in the park to save money in this recession. Also check out the PX 90 workout programme. You can do that at home and feel a lot better about yourself.

Oh yeah, when are we gonna see that haircut? And can you smile in the next pics please? Thanks! :cheer:

p4rk r4ng3r

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude yea you're a good looking fellow. It's not about looks, it's about personality. I also have a receding hairline, but its not symmetrical and my eye brows are ****ed up and in general I look odd.

But that doesn't matter. Cause you can pull bad a55 chicks regardless.
Just do the things that make you feel like you are worth something to yourself. Don't invest in a girl, invest in yourself so therefore you will see yourself as awesome, and it won't be a big ego cause you really will be awesome.

That's what attracts girls. Not looks.

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dalynxx said:
I'm glad I helped a little. Honestly nobody is perfect. Most of Hollywood and most models have some surgical enhancement or another, whether it is a nose job, skin peel, implants or lipo. I mean look at Megan Fox. She is one of the world's most desired women, but she has had a gang of work done on her face/body from a nose job to eye-reshaping, to a boob job. She is beautiful (and was before of course), but my point is that you shouldn't fret about your looks. Just remember this when you think you hate the way you look - nobody is perfect. We can only work with what we've got.

It's not like you have a big scar on your face or are crossed eyed or have masses of acne scars. In fact if you wanna workout - jogging in the park is free so is circuit training. Press ups are aslo free and so are pull ups using your door frame (I used to do this back in the day! lol). You don't need a gym to work out or bulk up - in fact I only use my gym twice a week because of the sauna and I run and do circuit 3 x a week in the park to save money in this recession. Also check out the PX 90 workout programme. You can do that at home and feel a lot better about yourself.

Oh yeah, when are we gonna see that haircut? And can you smile in the next pics please? Thanks! :cheer:
Thankyou :yes:

As a a treat, here's my photos. It's not good, but compare it to the old photo it's freakin' awesome, apart from a bad side where it's harder to cover up the receding part

Good side

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/dscf1087.jpg/
http://img696.imageshack.us/i/dscf1091z.jpg/

Dodgy Side

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/dscf1089.jpg/
http://img690.imageshack.us/i/dscf1092.jpg/

There's a bit on my left side of my forehead where the hairline REALLY dips back and is hard to cover up sadly :down:

Blood Angel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Big improvement my man. You're feeling better already, I can feel it even through the internet =P

Haircut looks good. Only suggestion I can make is to clean your mirror ;)

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Blood Angel said:
Big improvement my man. You're feeling better already, I can feel it even through the internet =P

Haircut looks good. Only suggestion I can make is to clean your mirror ;)
Thankfully s'not mine :cool:

I don't have a full length mirror in my room yet

Now I just need to work on those things I call wimmin...HELP lol :eek:

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont see hair problems at all. MAYBE you are losing hair a tiny bit but you can keep going for at least another 5 years, probably more. Like you, I used to be insecure as hell about losing my hair.

THEN I SHAVED ALL THE HAIR ON MY HEAD. Best decision I ever made. Its liberating, its low maintenance, and it has had zero affect on my ability to attract women. This is hardly an option for you yet, as you have plenty of hair. But consider it. I think its fantastic.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with your looks aside from your image (not looks) being rather plain. Spice it up a bit, and you'll be fine. Your extreme lack of confidence is your biggest problem. It is very noticeable in both of those first two pictures. Your posture and such. It's very timid. Comes across as weak and apologetic. I would focus more on that. The new haircut looks good, by the way.

And your hairline is fine for the time being, although I do remember being in your position when I was your age. I noticed my hairline start thinning out when I was 18 and nobody saw it but me. Because it really wasn't that noticeable. I just thought it was. Now that I'm 31 and look like Agent Smith from the Matrix, I miss my old "receding hairline" from age 18. Trust me, if you are in fact losing your hair, you'll eventually look back on what you look like now and miss looking like this. Recognize that it is currently better than you think it is and enjoy it.

Good luck, man.

Reaction score

StefanLT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look in the mirror every morning and say to yourself, "I love you"

Begin complimenting yourself.

And, accept yourself and who you are. Look at any faults as an interesting aspect of your character.

It all starts with self-love, my friend. Good luck. :)

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
._.

Didn't realize this thread had 3 pages when I posted original reply.

Nevermind me, I was just telling you to get a haircut, which you did.

..and telling you you look like a pom.

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
King Turi said:
._.

Didn't realize this thread had 3 pages when I posted original reply.

Nevermind me, I was just telling you to get a haircut, which you did.

..and telling you you look like a pom.
Born in UK :D

That does make me a pom :up:

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nexus Polaris said:
There's nothing wrong with your looks aside from your image (not looks) being rather plain. Spice it up a bit, and you'll be fine. Your extreme lack of confidence is your biggest problem. It is very noticeable in both of those first two pictures. Your posture and such. It's very timid. Comes across as weak and apologetic. I would focus more on that. The new haircut looks good, by the way.
Oh I never noticed that myself :nervous:

What can I do about it?

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, confidence in posture is one of those things you never really notice until you start doing it. Then it suddenly seems so obvious. Like if you're friends with any stereotypical alpha types and there's always that intangiable something that seems to set them apart from you that you can't quite put your finger on... that's what it is. It's a complete sense of strong and relaxed confidence in their body language. You'll know it when you get it because there's a distinct feeling that comes with it. Almost like a steel rod of confidence going all the way up your spine.

Basically, pay more attention to how you feel than how you look. If you worry too much about whether or not it looks right, you won't be able to relax enough to really get a feel for it.

I'd also recommend Blood Angel's advice on checking out some of the confidence threads.

dalynxx

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheWayOfAllFlesh said:
Thankyou :yes:

As a a treat, here's my photos. It's not good, but compare it to the old photo it's freakin' awesome, apart from a bad side where it's harder to cover up the receding part

Good side

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/dscf1087.jpg/
http://img696.imageshack.us/i/dscf1091z.jpg/

Dodgy Side

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/dscf1089.jpg/
http://img690.imageshack.us/i/dscf1092.jpg/

There's a bit on my left side of my forehead where the hairline REALLY dips back and is hard to cover up sadly :down:
:crackup:

I didn't expect you to make funny faces! That's more like it and you look a lot more put together. Maybe you're like David Beckham and need your own personal Victoria to give you your very own look, but not bad at all. Keep smiling and keep up the self improvement. You'll look back on this in a year and say to yourself "what the hell was I thinking!" Good luck dude....

:up:

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dalynxx said:
:crackup:

I didn't expect you to make funny faces! That's more like it and you look a lot more put together. Maybe you're like David Beckham and need your own personal Victoria to give you your very own look, but not bad at all. Keep smiling and keep up the self improvement. You'll look back on this in a year and say to yourself "what the hell was I thinking!" Good luck dude....

:up:
I assume by the Beckham thing you mean I need a girlfriend to confirm my identity? Cos I've always seen myself as the sort to have a woman on his shoulder.

Just hope that someone out there can fill that role :rockon: