Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Hate Looking At Myself In The Mirror

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to wake up in the mornings, I'm in a VERY positive mood, shower, get ready for college as usual, look in the mirror in my darkish kitchen and seem fine

But all my confidence dips as soon as I leave the house and catch a reflection of myself.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._211225844856_531599856_2832103_8004887_n.jpg

I mean be honest. That hair is ****ing terrible. It's receding and I'm nearly 19. What sort of person would ever be interested in someone with such **** hair.

No I do not want to shave it all of because frankly I'll look even more ****ing stupid. I'm trying Rogaine at the moment in the morning and evening and I hope that can do something but it's a vain attempt really.

I understand advice dished out now will be along the lines of 'women care how you act not how you look, you just need to be confident'. Now how the **** can ANYONE be confident when they look in a mirror, see that, and then realise that this is what other people see when they look at you. I'm a ****ing joke to mankind. I even hate leaving the house now, and It cost me my last job because someone pointed it out and I nearly smashed a glass in their face, and now it's causing me to be depressed and now my college work is starting to suffer.

I needed to get that off my chest. You can try post something that 'works' but my pessimism will find a flaw with your answer somehow. I feel like there is literally no point to carrying and putting effort into anything

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You didn't post this as a white flag of surrender, you posted it to vent. Now you got it off your chest. Good. Get back to work.

Like my dad said, janitors and mechanics have wives and Bill Gates has a wife. Someone somewhere will want you. Worry about your life, women will always be there.

I'm sure it will all work out. Keep ya head up. Good luck.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheWayOfAllFlesh said:
I like to wake up in the mornings, I'm in a VERY positive mood, shower, get ready for college as usual, look in the mirror in my darkish kitchen and seem fine

But all my confidence dips as soon as I leave the house and catch a reflection of myself.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._211225844856_531599856_2832103_8004887_n.jpg

I mean be honest. That hair is ****ing terrible. It's receding and I'm nearly 19. What sort of person would ever be interested in someone with such **** hair.

No I do not want to shave it all of because frankly I'll look even more ****ing stupid. I'm trying Rogaine at the moment in the morning and evening and I hope that can do something but it's a vain attempt really.

I understand advice dished out now will be along the lines of 'women care how you act not how you look, you just need to be confident'. Now how the **** can ANYONE be confident when they look in a mirror, see that, and then realise that this is what other people see when they look at you. I'm a ****ing joke to mankind. I even hate leaving the house now, and It cost me my last job because someone pointed it out and I nearly smashed a glass in their face, and now it's causing me to be depressed and now my college work is starting to suffer.

I needed to get that off my chest. You can try post something that 'works' but my pessimism will find a flaw with your answer somehow. I feel like there is literally no point to carrying and putting effort into anything
First, you are not a bad looking guy at all. In fact well above average imo. So stop beating yourself up over that.

As far as what you could do to improve on what you have? Looks like you might have a little bit of a gut, which at 19 is inexcusable. So for sure start working out, hard. As for your hair, try propecia along with Rogaine. Its a pill that works much better than Rogaine, and its cheap. Maybe $80 for a 6 month supply if you get the generic version. It was originally made for prostate cancer lol, so you can kill two birds with one stone. I know a guy that had way less hair than you that got on it, and now he has hair like Rod Stewart. Also, get a hair reshaping. Cut it MUCH shorter and either spike it up or faux hawk it. Maybe grow half beard/goatee as well, kinda like what you have, but shave the cheeks. You do that and you'll be much happier with your appearance, of that I'm sure.

Nice eyes btw, not that I'm gay or anything. (not that there is anything wrongggg with that haha)

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the problem isnt your receeding hairline, its your haircut.

Receeded hairlines look perfectly normal and can be just as attractive, and its not all that bad. Receeding early is not uncommon or unheard of. Im in the same boat.

But for sure, you need a haircut. Go to a good hairdresser and let them do whatever they want with your hair. You definitly need a wardrobe change. The rock band tshirt look isnt doing anything for your image.

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
First, you are not a bad looking guy at all. In fact well above average imo. So stop beating yourself up over that.

As far as what you could do to improve on what you have? Looks like you might have a little bit of a gut, which at 19 is inexcusable. So for sure start working out, hard. As for your hair, try propecia along with Rogaine. Its a pill that works much better than Rogaine, and its cheap. Maybe $80 for a 6 month supply if you get the generic version. It was originally made for prostate cancer lol, so you can kill two birds with one stone. I know a guy that had way less hair than you that got on it, and now he has hair like Rod Stewart. Also, get a hair reshaping. Cut it MUCH shorter and either spike it up or faux hawk it. Maybe grow half beard/goatee as well, kinda like what you have, but shave the cheeks. You do that and you'll be much happier with your appearance, of that I'm sure.

Nice eyes btw, not that I'm gay or anything. (not that there is anything wrongggg with that haha)
Right, first off is there anything in terms of a free exercise program because at the moment, seeing as I lost my last job due to a short fuse I'm unemployed atm. My birthday is on the 18th so I'm considering using money from that towards Gym membership, but I might get nout because I've used up all my Xmas money on a festival ticket

I will try propecia yes, and this fella you're reffering to who now has hair like Rod Stewart, how long did the process take for him, I'm not asking for a quick fix but I move away to Uni next September and get a fresh start, I don't want a bald head to be my fresh start

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
the problem isnt your receeding hairline, its your haircut.

Receeded hairlines look perfectly normal and can be just as attractive, and its not all that bad. Receeding early is not uncommon or unheard of. Im in the same boat.

But for sure, you need a haircut. Go to a good hairdresser and let them do whatever they want with your hair. You definitly need a wardrobe change. The rock band tshirt look isnt doing anything for your image.
I have sort of cut my hair since then but it's basically same **** style but shorter

I try to wear nicer clothes now but think, if I look bad I'm not gonna look any better with decent clothes on, theres a pic of the stuff i tend to wear now below

I picked a bad photo there to show the extreme of my condition, but at the moment I dont try and fringe it anymore, It looks like I spike it up, but I really don't because If I try to gel it it looks ****, I just wake up and it sortof fals neatly, heres a picture

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22939/604/114/n1284355518_5246.jpg

Bearing in mind that this a well lit and positioned photo, my hair isn't actually that dark and it appears to be thick in that photo, whereas if you look close enough to the front its just the thick stuff behind the thin stuff, plus it looks really bad from a front on view

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude just get a better haircut. Your hair doesn't look like it's that bad at all in terms of going bald, and even if it is there's solutions to that, as others have said. You're tying your confidence entirely to your physical appearance, which is not good. Listen, everyone is affected by how they look physically in some form or another, but the key is in not letting that consume how you feel about yourself. I know a guy that's way bigger than you, pretty grimy and he is a player because he's got the right attitude. He doesn't let his looks affect him at all, and when you're confident in yourself you will attract women. That is the key to attraction: being confident in your own body and with your self. It doesn't matter what you look like if you have that mindset.

From this photo all I can see that you're doing wrong is that you need a new haircut, a more mature/sophisticated wardrobe and you need to do something about that beard. Personally I think it makes you look dirty and would recommend that you just shave it all off completely. Also, you have a very strong jaw line, which is a very good feature to have, and I don't think you should be covering it up with a beard. Your chin is sort of weak, but your jawline and cheekbones more than make up for it in appearance, so nobody will notice it. You also might want to think about tanning because you're pretty damned pale (not to get dark but just to not be so white. Don't overdo it like so many people do).

And definitely start working out and eating healthier. If you need lifting/nutrition advice feel free to post in the Health and Fitness forum here; there are a lot of experienced lifters here who can give you some super solid advice.

As for the wardrobe, you can get plenty of tips here. You could also check out the Kinowear blog's articles (it's not active anymore but still has a ton of good advice). I also check out sites like The Sartorialist to get inspiration.

So all of the problems that you have right now are fixable. Your biggest problem, though, is your reliance on your physical appearance for how you feel about yourself. You have to work on your inner self as much (actually more than) as your outward appearances.

Right, first off is there anything in terms of a free exercise program because at the moment, seeing as I lost my last job due to a short fuse I'm unemployed atm. My birthday is on the 18th so I'm considering using money from that towards Gym membership, but I might get nout because I've used up all my Xmas money on a festival ticket
Dude working out should be like eating to you. If you can't afford it now then do whatever it takes to get the money for it. Gym memberships aren't necessarily cheap but if you find a good gym it will be reasonably priced and they won't try scamming you out of money. Also if you're in college or planning on going to college soon (just saw you said next September) you should be able to use their gym for free. But in the mean time you can already start on the nutrition side of things by planning out meals and eating healthy. Also you could start a thread in the Health & Fitness forum. It's not the best to be working out at home without a weight set, but I've seen some members there give some solid advice on what you can do to work out if you don't have access to equipment. Start a thread there and have them help you set up some kind of program until you have the access to a gym/equipment.

I picked a bad photo there to show the extreme of my condition, but at the moment I dont try and fringe it anymore, It looks like I spike it up, but I really don't because If I try to gel it it looks ****, I just wake up and it sortof fals neatly, heres a picture
Gel isn't a good way to go. Girls like being able to run their fingers through your hair. If you're going to be putting product in your hair you want it to be something that won't freeze your hair up like gel does and won't come off on your hands. I just use wax, which I think is the best with a good haircut. A good haircut requires minimal styling/upkeep.

Dude I don't know why you think you look bad; you look really ****ing good in this photo. I'd ditch the goatee, but that's just because they gross me out and I don't know how anyone can find them attractive haha. I can't really see what you're wearing in this photo, though it would have been better if you went for a V-neck under that.

IamMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf Your not ugly lmao and as for the receding hairline, my cousin is 21, and would kill for your hair but he still pulls the badest chicks iv ever seen.

P.S.

An ugly guy dressed in bad a$$ clothes looks infinite times better than an ugly guy in bad clothes with no style....Im sure any other sane person can agree with that

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am very particular about my hair, every little detail has to be perfect or else I don't feel confident. I don't like certain features of my face and I've developed the perfect hairstyle to compensate those features. When my hair is not groomed exactly how it should be, I don't feel handsome and assume girls won't like me (yeah, the hb6's will still like me but not the hb8's or hb9's, that's what I think).

Two weeks ago I went to the club. It was my first time of going to the club since I discovered this place and decided to change. That night it was pouring rain and when I entered the club I literally looked like someone had taken a big bucket of water and thrown it over my head, or someone had taken a firehose from a fire truck and aimed it at me for 5 minutes. It wasn't just less than normal (which makes me feel a bit insecure already), no...it was a complete and total DISASTER! When I looked at myself in the mirror at the toilet, I almost decided to go home, I looked like SH*T, I looked totally unattractive, just plain ugly!! And I couldn't fix it at all, because it needs to be dry and have gel in it...

This was supposed to be my first night out since deciding to become a DJ, I had planned to approach a lot of girls. Now everything was ruined.... But I thought: F*ck it all, I'll forget about scoring a girl, it'll come next week. But now that everything is ruined, I'm sure as hell gonna hev some fun, get really drunk and enjoy myself with dancing around. Now here it comes: there were hot babes flirting with me quite a few times that night, even more than normally when my hair is perfect!! I was simply sitting at a table and there was one HB8 standing at the bar giving me looks all the time. At the same time there was a HB8.5 sitting a few tables further and she was also constantly giving me looks. I couldn't believe it, I looked like total sh*t and these chicks were flirting with me! Later on, I was on the dance floor and one HB8.5 was closeby. She was looking at me and smiling at me all the time, at one point just looking at me desperately like "Come on, I want you, why don't you make a move?" I made no move on any of them coz my confidence was zero... But this has been a really important lesson to me. Just think about it: I literally looked the worst possible, it was simply impossible to look any worse. And still I was having more girls flirting with me than usual, when I look at my best! I still get insecure when my hair doesn't look good, but that's just an automatic response. The facts are that it doesn't mean ****, it was literally proven to me on that night. And don't give me the "it was just coincidence" talk. I had at least three hot chicks flirt with me in a very direct way, while I looked like ****. And neither did my hair somehow get that "I just got out from under the shower" look that makes it fall good naturally and makes gives you a sexy look. It really was a disaster!!

In hindsight, I know that they were attracted to me because I had totally lost interest in girls that night. I had decided to forget about all of them and just make fun. That made me look confident, I guess. So this whole situation proves 2 things:

1. You can attract hot girls even if you look like sh*t.
2. Your attitude makes you a lot more attractive than having nice hair.

It sounds totally illogical, even when I write it down now. You don't look attractive and still you're attracting more hot babes than when you do look attractive! It's the world upside down! But it really happened and it was no coincidence. I can recall several more of these situations happening in my life and I'm sure lots of guys on here can tell you they've experienced the same thing: When you really don't give a rat's @ss about the way you look, you automatically become more attractive, regardless of your looks!

In other words, your worries about your hair are totally unneccesary. You do need to make sure that your attitude is right.

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another quick question to all that are saying 'get a new haircut'

You fancy giving me some ideas whilst your here? I'm clearly not the expert

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another quick question to all that are saying 'get a new haircut'

You fancy giving me some ideas whilst your here? I'm clearly not the expert
We can give you tips but you really need to make that decision yourself. In my opinion finding the perfect hair cut is like finding the holy grail; it's a life long search that never really ends. Then again, I'm incredibly picky about my hair. I've learned that my expectations for a hair cut are so high that I realize they'll never possibly be met, and so whatever haircut I get that's an improvement I figure out specifically what my stylist did differently from last time, and most importantly I write it down so I can explain exactly for the next time I get a hair cut. I know, ridiculous, right? But I'd go insane if I didn't.

Do you know any girls in beauty school that you could ask for tips? Because they are the best source of information. Also, look around in magazines and anywhere else. Pay attention to other guys' haircuts, too, and if you see something you like make a note of it.

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Do you know any girls in beauty school that you could ask for tips? Because they are the best source of information. Also, look around in magazines and anywhere else. Pay attention to other guys' haircuts, too, and if you see something you like make a note of it.
Well paying attention to other people's hair is a very bad idea as their hair isn't as thin as mine or as receding

Theres a fukkton of styles out there I'd love to sport but am unable to because of my condition

As for girls in beauty school? Cmon Son, im posting something negative on sosuave, I dont even know any girls, let alone one in a beauty school

There is a beauty school at my college but I daren't use them. I only like to use a family hairdresser as I don't need to make smalltalk with her as she'll just talk to my mum whilst cutting. I cant stand haircutter smalltalk

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22939/604/114/n1284355518_5246.jpg

Dude I don't know why you think you look bad; you look really ****ing good in this photo. I'd ditch the goatee, but that's just because they gross me out and I don't know how anyone can find them attractive haha. I can't really see what you're wearing in this photo, though it would have been better if you went for a V-neck under that.
It's VERY fortunately lit, it looks worse in the light and from the front

And it isn't that dark in real life

This is probably how I would look in a nightclub, but It looks horrible in the day

As for my attire, its a cardigan with a white vest underneath

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well paying attention to other people's hair is a very bad idea as their hair isn't as thin as mine or as receding

Theres a fukkton of styles out there I'd love to sport but am unable to because of my condition
Well the point is that you can find styles and adapt them to your hair. Even if you didn't have any issues with receding hairlines/balding (not sure what you actually have) you would still have to adapt any potential hairstyle because your head/hair isn't like anyone else's. The point is to look at other people's hairstyles for inspiration for your own, not for a carbon copy. Hell, you can look up hairstyles for people with receding hairlines and there's a bunch of good tips out there.

You need to stop being so pessimistic, seriously. I've seen guys with receding hairlines that actually look better than if they didn't have it because they were able to find a hairstyle that complemented their condition and make it look way better than if they didn't have it. It's all about learning to make your hair work for you.

As for girls in beauty school? Cmon Son, im posting something negative on sosuave, I dont even know any girls, let alone one in a beauty school
I post on SS with problems, too, and I know quite a few girls either in beauty school or that work at salons.

There is a beauty school at my college but I daren't use them. I only like to use a family hairdresser as I don't need to make smalltalk with her as she'll just talk to my mum whilst cutting. I cant stand haircutter smalltalk
Why?! Beauty schools are great places to pick up girls! Haha you just have to remember that they have "hairdresser names" that are different than their real names. One time I got this girl's name and tried looking her up on FB only to find out later that it wasn't even her real name. Talk about fail haha.

It's VERY fortunately lit, it looks worse in the light and from the front

And it isn't that dark in real life

This is probably how I would look in a nightclub, but It looks horrible in the day
Then post a pic that shows this.

DJ_Tekinkel

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you want my opinion, its just your hairstyle,

Study hairstyles to suit your face shape.

I reckon you can match your 5'oclock shadow to a short-sides mini faux hawk hairstyle which will show off your jawbone and still keep yoru face from looking too "wide"

On another note. a hairstyle should be YOu and match your personality. so yeah, if you arent comofrtable with the look its not gunna do much help

hansol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a #2 buzzcut will sort your **** out. You look fine man, stop obsessing. Here I was expecting a 300+lbs dude sipping on a slurpy playing some xbox, all whilst running around half bald.... You on the other hand look normal and decent.

Calm yourself, get some tips from a female friend or beauty school chick like was stated above, or if you're really worried about it, just buzz it. Go David Beckham on the world or something.

hawk29

Reaction score
Save the money and go to the most expensive stylist you can find. I don't care if you have to drive 100 miles to the largest city. Go. Do it. Not a barber shop. Not super cuts. Go where the women go. I'm not kidding. Those people know their stuff! They'll be able to tell you what to do. Women can smell lack of confidence a million miles away. So if this is your sticking point, then change it. If you get a great cut and then find something else, change that. Keep doing this until you realize you WILL be good enough for the right woman if you have the right attitude, the confidence to pursue, the confidence to back off (my sticking point every time!), and yes man, the optimism that will attract women to you like flies on honey. When that happens, the hair will become a non issue and you'll be able to save a few bucks.

magickarl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok.

STOP.

I don't want to regurgitate the same **** that I'm sure you've heard time and time again back at you but I want you to READ very carefully. I want you to take this to heart, because it's the truth. Because if you really accept this, I firmly believe that it will be one of the most productive steps you can take towards being a better you. Ready?

If you want to be succesful, not just with women, but with life in general (and they dont come in that order) you need to eliminate negativity from your life.

Let that sink in. It means so much more than what it appears at face value. Of course, you can't expect bad things never to happen. The driving point here is that you learn how to turn the negative things that happen to you in to a positive experience. The key to this is perspective. Accept things that don't go how you had hoped as lessons learned. Analyze where you went wrong, and correct it. Each time, you will come closer and closer to getting to where you want to be.

The other absolute truth is that it's not the hand that your dealt, but how you play your cards. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses. Make note of each. Magnify your strengths, and do all that you can to improve in areas where you aren't so strong. To me, it sounds like you are a bit self conscious, its ok. Everybody is. Thats a weakness. But you cant let that stand in your way or it will shake your ability to think positive, and in turn your confidence. By allowing your confidence to be shaken, you are stopping yourself from being the best man that you can be. Just by posting here, you've demonstrated a willingness to change, which is a fine line from motivation, and not much further off from ambition, a definite strength.

You were probably hoping for a more immediate solution to what appears to be your biggest roadblock - body image.

Just as with any other weakness, you need to look at it as the enemy. And crush it. How do you do that? Set goals.

Ex.

Issue 1: "I'm uncomfortable about my receding hairline"

Solution: Either pick a new hairstyle, or go with a close buzz - not bald. You have a head shape that would be complimented well with a buzz. If you dont like it, grow it back. Its a very masculine hair cut - Think Jason Statham, Bruce Willis. It works well for them. Each have receding hairlines, and similar shaped heads to yours. It may work for you too.

Issue 2: "I'd like to be more physically fit. I understand it's importance, but dont have the money for a gym membership"

Solution: Three parts go in to fitness, each bears great importance. The first is nutrition (not diet), second is exercise, third is rest.

Nutrition - Your body needs fuel to perform exercise, and to recover from that exercise during rest. You wouldn't fuel your car with ****ty, watered down fuel. Why then would you fuel the only body you get with ****. Eat healthy, its not as hard as it sounds and if you do it right, you dont have to count calories - focus on feeding yourself as many natural foods as you can. If you cant immediately identify what plant or animal it came from, dont eat it. Have as many complex carbs and natural sources or protein as you like. You'll feel better and have more energy. Drink lots of water. Avoid simple carbohydrates and excessive amounts of sugars and fats. It may involve a lifestyle change, but the end result is more than worth it. Google clean eating.

Exercise - Once you have the right fuel, your ability to perform improves. Make the most of it. It doesn't have to be expensive, it just involves going out and getting physical activity on a consistent basis. Both aerobic and anerobic. Try to run or jog 3 days a week. MAKE time for it, and commit to it. Your body will reward you in time. 2 days a week, do resistance training. Save up for dumb bells or a weight bench. They aren't terribly expensive. In the mean time, perform body weight exercises. Pushups, dips, squats. If they get easy, there are hundreds of variations on each to make them harder. Run monday, lift tuesday, jog wednessday, run thursday, lift friday. Rest saturday and sunday. Be honest about your fitness. There is a wealth of information online about how to pick a training program that works for you. This too, involves a lifestyle change, but is well worth the effort.

Rest - Your body needs time to recover, just like your cellphone or laptop needs time to plug in and recharge, so do you. Best to sleep at night, wake in the morning and do your physical activity before school/daily tasks. Establish rhythem and regularity. Find your balance. Its worth it.

If you do these things, you will see a rapid change in your fitness, confidence, and well being.

Issue 3: "I want to improve my appearence. I want to like what I see in the mirror"

Solution: Get a job. Learn to budget. Get a checking, and savings account - preferrably at different banks. The money in your checking account is for immediate spending - the money in your savings account is to stack up for large purchases like a car, school, hair transplant, whatever is important to you.

The checking money is whats important now. Use the money to buy things to improve your appearence. Invest in clothes that look good, and fit you. Its better to have a smaller wardrobe of nice clothes that you are comfortable in then a larger wardrobe of generic clothes that lack style. You dont need to be rich - check ebay, and take time building your wardrobe. Integrate them into a staggered rotation so you never wear the same thing twice in a week.

Build your wardrobe to include:

7 pairs of nice jeans.
7 pairs of sweat pants/basketball shorts/casual house wear/workout pants
7 plain t-shirts/undershirts
7 nice t-shirts that fit well and define you
3 button downs
2 pairs khakis
2 pairs tennis shoes/sneakers. One for daily wear, the other to go out with.
1 pair of boots
1 pair dress shoes
1 pair workout shoes
1 nice jacket
3 generic, and two nice hoodies
1 nice coat
And atleast 7 pairs of socks and boxer briefs.

Pick styles that work for you, and when in doubt, take female friends shopping with you. Take care of your clothes. Do laundry weekly. Iron and hang jeans, button downs, and nice t's. Fold everything else. Buy shoe polish and clean your kicks weekly, preferrably on laundry day so they become complimenting habits. A well dressed man projects confidence and commands attention. See if your body image doesnt improve with a good hair cut, chisled physique, and nice crisp clothes.

It's nearly 2010 for christ sake. Manscape. Invest in face wash, exfoliators, moisturizers. Establish a skin care routine and follow it religiously. Women love a man who cares about his appearence, this builds and projects confidence. Get a straight razor and electric trimmer. Once youve picked your hairstyles, facial and otherwise find a barber you like and have him maintain it weekly. In between your weekly appointments at the barbershop, do your best to maintain them yourself. Tip your barber. Its classy, and motivates him to do the best work he can for you. Buy several different colognes - two for casual use, and two high end scents for dates or nights out. Experiment and find what scents work for you, again, female friends are helpful.

Get these things down. Thats one weakness out of the way. Identify your other weaknesses, set goals and achieve them. Set and achieve goals to improve on your strengths as well. Keep busy, focus on your own happiness. Do this for you, and nobody else. Soon, you may not even need to worry about chasing girls - you will become a prize and they will come to you. This is called your inner game. After you have that, you can work at improving your outer game, and learn to enjoy rather than fear the -- ahem. "Finer things in life"

I hope you read this, and put as much effort into implementing it as I did writing it for you. If you take this to heart, I guarentee your life will improve. Read it. Live it. Get off your ass and do it! Take control of your life now, and be the man your destined to be.