Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Caught Genital Warts!

Body Rider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
positivesingles.com
mpwh.com
herpes.com
afterh.com
purpledoor.com
hchat.com
stdfriends.com

now go find you a chick with the same stuff as you!
This is very helpful indeed!
Thank you very much PK.

I could ask why you know so much about this, but its really none of my bizness!

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
60% of college aged women have HPV, according to a study.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by snintel
60% of college aged women have HPV, according to a study.
man thats so greazy

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I have a hard time grasping: Even if one does not have symptoms, one can still catch the virus during sexual intercourse while still using a condom.

Does one catches the virus from any skin to skin contact? or is it only contact of your pubic bone, testicles and thigh? and if that is the case can you protect yourself by other means (some sort of an extra barrier or washing the area after?)

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
One thing I have a hard time grasping: Even if one does not have symptoms, one can still catch the virus during sexual intercourse while still using a condom.

Does one catches the virus from any skin to skin contact? or is it only contact of your pubic bone, testicles and thigh? and if that is the case can you protect yourself by other means (some sort of an extra barrier or washing the area after?)
Yeah man, i want to know too...so if its skin to skin....what if you shake their hand or something??.....can you get it then? or do you have to touch the wart?

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you get her tested?

The only options I've found cost $500+.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fwiw, here is some news about HPV that will be misread by many people. I think condoms help prevent warts being transmitted from man to woman, because men tend to get warts on the part of them that the condom covers. Women, it is important to note, tend to get warts on parts that brush up against the guy's uncovered parts during sex.

This headline will get reduced to "condoms prevent HPV" but that is not correct at all. It is more like "condoms somewhat reduce the chance of women catching warts." 70% is already a very low number to refer to std protection, but for men that number probably dips below 50% for HPV.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/OBGYN/STDs/tb/3591

Condoms Help Block HPV Infection in Young Women
June 22
Women whose partners had used condoms at all times during the eight months before testing were 70% less likely to acquire a new infection

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
I know some of the sweetest girls who have herpes. I know some absolute trashy sluts who apparently have tested negative for everything.
Ya, a girl could have sex once a year and get something. Remember, 20% of Americans have genital herpes - and a lot of them are probably in denial of it! Much less would they tell you upfront. Most would get an initial outbreak, but subsequent outbreaks may be infrequent and not as noticeable. Therefore, it's easy for them to go into denial. But still means they have and can transmit it, though. Only with a blood test can they know for sure.

And HPV - yikes!

Really, it's "great" to read threads like this because it reminds me of how much more self-control I should be using.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So many people have herpes, like Michael Vick as one unfortunate example. His dirt only got aired because a woman sued him for contracting hsv from him. It is rumored that Tom Cruise has at least oral herpes - after Katie Holmes started dating him, she showed up in public with nasty sores all over her lips.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
It is rumored that Tom Cruise has at least oral herpes - after Katie Holmes started dating him, she showed up in public with nasty sores all over her lips.
Almost everyone gets oral herpes by like age 60, I think. That's extremely common. Similar, but not quite the same as genital.

Wow, didn't know Michael Vick had that. Well, at 20%, we're talking MILLIONS of Americans here!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here an example of what I mean by the headline getting oversimplified to wrongly imply that condoms also keep men from getting HPV.

http://www.foodconsumer.org/777/8/Condoms_reduce_risk_of_HPV.shtml

Condoms reduce risk of HPV
By Catherine Snipe
Jun 22, 2006

(foodconsumer.org) - Wearing a condom is not convenient and to many men, it may not be something enjoyable. But a new study released Thursday says consistent use of condoms can help those who are sexually active protect against getting infected with human papillomavirus (HPV).

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Would you go camping without properly knowing the lay of the land, the risks, and being properly prepared?

Would you take pills or drugs without knowing the risks?

I shouldn't be surprised many guys don't know this, but this is exactly how it occurs.

Genital Warts, as it has been mentioned, biggest issue is the HPV part which has "been shown" to lead to cervical cancer in women.

You just freeze them off as they appear. There's no suppression to them. If an out break occurs, you break 'em off. Even protection won't protect you from this disease because they can be anywhere, and anyone can be a carrier without demonstrating they have it. A woman might even have it, not show, not know it (because a guy like you might not tell her), and then you break out in shock and disbelief over why you caught it.

I've gotten my annual updates when I've been more "promiscuous" and come out clean, and thankfully. In some ways, it sucks to lead a life where you're afrad of the results weeks later. Warts won't ruin your life, BUT, if you bang a girl, who perhaps becomes your gf, and she has an outbreak, or her gyno lets her know what's up...you won't be bf/gf very long, moreover you'll like **** for not manning up.

Sex is a loaded weapon, both literally and metaphorically. My cousin has been calling me recently because his 17 yr old friend had sex with his 16 yr old gf, the condom broke and they want to get the morning after pill, then the abortion pill, and now who knows what. I hope it wisens up my cousin. As for the 17yr old, they've been denied the pills because she's "underage". They asked my gf and I to get them, fawk no. I'm not being party some young girl aborting a child and the consequences that can ensue. If anything, I'd talent a responsible parent.

I realize this **** is a scary thing, but you should know the ups and downs of it. In reality, the upside of random sex with a bunch wh0res isn't better than the downside of diseases, pregnancy, and psycho girls lying about their health and welfare.

A-Unit

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I'm scared to have sex - haha.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those statistics kind of piss me off.

80% of Americans have this
90% of "them" will have "this" by "this age"
Etc.

Isn't that lovely to know that now days you're almost garaunteed to get ****ed up from ****ing?

SalParadise

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of guys will not get that they need to be careful when they have sex until something bad has happened to them. It's the same way we learn not to touch a hot stove, or taunt an angry dog... but the cost of the lesson can be carried over a lifetime.

With sex, sometimes it takes a big shock or a 'bite' to put you on the smart & cautious path. It's a shame as it's one of those parts of life where a very small mistake can splinter your life at it's root. Perhaps it's our more relaxed attitude to sex - it's a 'normal part of life' so you treat it that way. But crossing the road is a normal part of life, and you still gotta look both ways!!

Meikyo from the 'Mirror of the Soul blog' (http://mirrorofthesoul.blogspot.com) went so far as to do a 'cost/benefit' analysis in regards to sex, and decided that the pleasure benefit was not worth the attendant risk.

A little over the top (!), but it does make a valid point. If you're screwing, you need to prepare for the consequences, good or bad.

I wonder: if everyone around us were a reckless investor, and the media was full of stories of crazy, carefree share dealers, would everyone go out and play the stock market with no regard for the potential risks or losses?

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not very uncommon.

I read somewhere that about 80% of active college students have genetal warts, also known as human pappilary virus (i hope I spelled that right..heh heh).

Just be safe guys and have a FEAR OF STDS!

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. Now I am extra-cautious.

Sh1t I hate being extra-cautious. :(