Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to increase my running speed

cmk85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good moring guy's,

I would like to learn some excerises to increase my running speed because it would greatly benefit my perfomance in soccer matches.

I have 2 days of soccer training and 2 day's of gym training per week plus a soccermatch on sunday.

So what i would like to have are some gym excersizes to increase my running speed on short distances.

If you need more info please ask me.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hill sprints and sled drags my friend.

sh4rk b1t3

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are all ignorant n00bs.

Heavy squats / calf raises does the job.

Better max strength = better power output = faster.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You wanna get fast?
Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint.
Uphiil sprint. Sled sprints. Fartleks. Intervals.
Sprint. Sprint. Sprint.

Squats and calf raises are not going to help you get fast. They may help you get faster once you platue.

Here is my philosophy to running fast. It's how a 6'3'' 230 pound clydesdale like me can run 5:00 miles. It's how I can do 8 miles in 42 minutes.

If you want to run 100 meters fast then train to run 200 meters fast. If you want to run one mile fast then train to run 3 miles fast. When you'r exhausted, sprint. When you need to rest, run FAST. When you reach muscle failure, jog. And then SPRINT.

If i'm training to run a 15 mile race fast then my speed workouts will be 5-10 miles. If I'm training for 10k or 5k then my speed workouts will be shorter. If I'm training for a marathon they will be longer.

For instance if I'm training for something long distance then I might do a 5 mile fartlek run. I'll sprint for .25 miles and then run FAST for half a mile. Repeat until I've gone 5 miles. Maybe at the end (when I'm completely exhausted) I'll throw in a mile at MAXIMUM speed (might be a 5:30 pace or might be a 6:30 pace). OR maybe I'll find the steepest hill in town and run up at it full intensity.

Just get out there and sprint. Sprint till you puke. Getting fast is easy if you make your training hard. It's all about intensity.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Overdistance training is great.

Olympic Lifts, Squats, Plyometrics, Glute/Ham Raises, Sprinting, Running form work, Agility drills...

All of this stuff can be found on the internet in abundance.

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bust your ass in practice and you shouldn't need supplemental workouts!

dirtysanchez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting fast is not all about busting your ass on the track till you puke and your muscles are flooded with lactic acid (which will if anything make you slower). Your sessions still need intensity and commitment, but getting fast is mostly about training smart rather than training hard.

Firstly, read the thread that Un-Aru posted it gives you some basic background information that explains the 4 basic ways in which you can increase your speed.

If you are really serious about getting fast then I recommend you visit www.charliefrancis.com/community which is one of the if not the best sprint training forums on the internet (Charlie Francis is one of the greatest sprint coaches ever - his ideologies are pretty much universally used in the world of sprinting - he has coached several sub 10 sprinters and worked with several well known sporting teams). I've learnt a heap of stuff from there without posting much, just searching and reading mainly. If you have some extra cash which you can fork out I thoroughly recommend you purchase some of his books and DVDs (Training for Speed and GPP DVD), you will not be disappointed.

cmk85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the info. ill get into it :)