Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How should I play this?

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently it's come to light that my gf of 14 months is still texting her ex. I don't know for sure that he is her ex because she never mentioned his name. All she told me is he is 24 and has a baby and I've looked on her facebook to check him out and sure enough the one she's texting looks about 24 and has baby pictures all over his fb.

The thing is she is not secretive about it and even shows me txts she gets from him and always leaves her phone around unlocked. This makes me think she's actually got nothing to hide but nevertheless I'm still suspicious. Until a couple days ago I thought he was a relation or a long time friend so didn't pay it any mind...then last weekend she was talking to her sister and referred to the guy she's txting as her 'mate' and 'friend' and said he was staying over at her place a while ago (before we got together)...this got me thinking her text 'mate' is actually her ex.

I'm dying to look through her phone to see exactly what they've been talking about...I took a little look the other day for a few seconds while she was out of the room and it seems he's pulling the friendship angle as his txts that I could see were totally beta and ar5e kissing. I also noticed they both put 3 x's after each txt and she only does 2 x's for me sometimes 3 rarely if she's in a really good mood or horny. I know that sounds nitpicky and all but it p1ssed me off a bit.

What should my plan of action be here?

I'm thinking of bringing it up next time I see her and if it turns out he is her ex I'm going to make it clear I'm not comfortable with her contacting him and tell her it's her choice...she can do what she likes but I won't be in a relationship with someone who has their ex as backup waiting in the wings to swoop in the moment we fall out or split up.
That's what I feel she is doing...she's quite an insecure person so she's probably afraid to let him go for fear that we'll split up and she won't have anyone to 'branch swing' to straight away.

Or should I look through the txts before I even mention this to her so I have more understanding of what's really going on? Once I've told her how I feel about this I'm sure she'll make sure any evidence is gone that may have once been there.

Fvck this is really p1ssing me off...I want to confront her about it now but I think it's best to wait until we're face to face.

spiegel549

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Neon Owl said:
Recently it's come to light that my gf of 14 months is still texting her ex. I don't know for sure that he is her ex because she never mentioned his name. All she told me is he is 24 and has a baby and I've looked on her facebook to check him out and sure enough the one she's texting looks about 24 and has baby pictures all over his fb.

The thing is she is not secretive about it and even shows me txts she gets from him and always leaves her phone around unlocked. This makes me think she's actually got nothing to hide but nevertheless I'm still suspicious. Until a couple days ago I thought he was a relation or a long time friend so didn't pay it any mind...then last weekend she was talking to her sister and referred to the guy she's txting as her 'mate' and 'friend' and said he was staying over at her place a while ago (before we got together)...this got me thinking her text 'mate' is actually her ex.

I'm dying to look through her phone to see exactly what they've been talking about...I took a little look the other day for a few seconds while she was out of the room and it seems he's pulling the friendship angle as his txts that I could see were totally beta and ar5e kissing. I also noticed they both put 3 x's after each txt and she only does 2 x's for me sometimes 3 rarely if she's in a really good mood or horny. I know that sounds nitpicky and all but it p1ssed me off a bit.

I'm thinking of bringing it up next time I see her and if it turns out he is her ex I'm going to make it clear I'm not comfortable with her contacting him and tell her it's her choice...she can do what she likes but I won't be in a relationship with someone who has their ex as backup waiting in the wings to swoop in the moment we fall out or split up.
That's what I feel she is doing...she's quite an insecure person so she's probably afraid to let him go for fear that we'll split up and she won't have anyone to 'branch swing' to straight away.

Or should I look through the txts before I even mention this to her so I have more understanding of what's really going on? Once I've told her how I feel about this I'm sure she'll make sure any evidence is gone that may have once been there.

Fvck this is really p1ssing me off...I want to confront her about it now but I think it's best to wait until we're face to face.
I don't have time to get into the whole story but, I was dating a girl with a kid from another guy about a year ago. She left her phone unlocked, showed me the texts SAME STORY as yours.

I confronted her and simply said "who is this guy you have been recently contacting and talking to all the time?" She said "It was just a friend" I later found out it was a guy she dated.

Listen to me closely Your girl is being a sneak. I think you should maturely & confidently tell her "I don't appreciate you texting some random guy that I never met. You need to cut ties with this guy or I walk. If you value our relationship you will respect what I am asking." If you were talking to a girl all the time would she like that? hell no!

ZERO reason for her to NEED to be in contact with this guy, especially if he has some fuking kid with another girl. THAT YOU NEVER MET EITHER!! FUK that bro seriously.

If she continues texting him, after you tell what you need to tell her.. I PROMISE YOU FROM EXPERIENCE it is not going to end well. KICK HER TO THE FUKING CURB IF SHE CAN'T RESPECT WHAT YOU ASK OF HER!

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's precisely what my plan is mate. I'm positive she'll go on the defensive and say I should trust her blah blah he's just a mate now etc. If she refuses to cut contact then I'm going to tell her it's her decision and just drive straight home from her place.
She likes to push her luck with me now and again so I'm expecting it.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neon Owl said:
I'm thinking of bringing it up next time I see her and if it turns out he is her ex I'm going to make it clear I'm not comfortable with her contacting him and tell her it's her choice
spiegel549 said:
"I don't appreciate you texting some random guy that I never met. You need to cut ties with this guy or I walk. If you value our relationship you will respect what I am asking."
This is exactly why Im hard on guys on this site. The pathetic insecurity in both your quotes above is the reason that men are no longer masculine. Your mindset is one from a place of constant dread and worry......YOU SHOULDNT BE THE ONE WORRYING AND DREADING DAMNIT!!!!!! The ultimate relationship dynamic is one where the girl is worrying and dreading......

Now, onto your specific problem.

Neon Owl said:
Recently it's come to light that my gf of 14 months is still texting her ex. I don't know for sure that he is her ex because she never mentioned his name.
"Shes texting her ex.....but I dont really know if its her ex".

Dude.................you have to change your entire mindset. Your literally synthesizing problems from nothing. If you constantly walk around life thinking your girlfriend is going to cheat with any guy she talks to, your going to be in for a rough dramatic ride. JUST DONT CARE SO DAMN MUCH. Let her text whoever the he11 she wants....IF SHE CHEATS....SHES A WH0RE AND GETS DUMPED. PERIOD. Quit playing "what if's".

Neon Owl said:
The thing is she is not secretive about it and even shows me txts she gets from him
Classic Sh1t Test....shes seeking to get a rise/reaction out of you. Instead of taking it serious, do this from now on:

GF: Hey babe, check this out, this guy keeps texting me
You: Its called desperation * not making eye contact*
GF: What? Nooooo hes not like that. Hes just a friend.
You: Oh
You:*change subject*

Neon Owl said:
I'm dying to look through her phone to see exactly what they've been talking about...I took a little look the other day for a few seconds while she was out of the room
.............dude.............s......t.......o.......p. Quit caring so much about whats on your girlfriend's phone. Unless she actually cheats there is no reason to go running around "investigating" like the damn Hardy Boys.

Neon Owl said:
and it seems he's pulling the friendship angle as his txts that I could see were totally beta and ar5e kissing.
See that? Hes a fvcking bum and IS desperate. Hes got no shot in he11 to get with your girl.....UNLESS YOU FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE STUPID PLAN OF YOURS. Dont make it an issue. Hes a blithering a$$kisser and can "play the friendship angle" all he wants....you dont get in a girl's pants by playing that angle.

Neon Owl said:
Scrap that "plan" of yours and forget about it! Unless she starts hanging out with the guy then you have nothing to worry about. My girlfriend gets texts from guys all the time....some are guy friends from class, some are guys from her marketing club, etc. They are all chumps and send desperate texts to a girl that already has a boyfriend INSTEAD of actually hitting on girls who are SINGLE. PATHETIC. And you think these kind of guys actually have a shot of stealing your girl? Bro......not a fat chance in he11. The only way you screw this up, is if you go totally insecure on her and bring it up like you wanted to do. She will rationalize it as "you being insecure and untrusting" and guess what? SHE LOSES ATTRACTION FOR YOU. THATS......how girls cheat. On a guy they have low interest in. They dont cheat on guys they are highly attracted to. So dont blow it dude......work on changing your mindset. You need a new perspective on this relationship. Also get out and own life. Workout, work on projects, kill your job, etc.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
A woman with high interest should be, for the most part.. easy to control. I kid you not. If she truly fears losing you and she is true relationship material.. she WILL follow your rules.

Women who make their own rules and don't submit to their man are only fit for sex. Not commitment. End of story.. no exceptions.

Therefore.. all you need to say is: "STOP TALKING TO YOUR EX". Simple as that. No explanation necessary because the reason is obvious. Who is more important? Him or you? This is the choice she needs to make.

Don't threaten to leave.. just tell her to stop talking to him. If she defies you then she doesn't respect you --> This is grounds for termination of the relationship OR demotion to sex toy while you date other women. :up:

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
This is exactly why Im hard on guys on this site. The pathetic insecurity in both your quotes above is the reason that men are no longer masculine. Your mindset is one from a place of constant dread and worry......YOU SHOULDNT BE THE ONE WORRYING AND DREADING DAMNIT!!!!!! The ultimate relationship dynamic is one where the girl is worrying and dreading......

Now, onto your specific problem.

"Shes texting her ex.....but I dont really know if its her ex".

Dude.................you have to change your entire mindset. Your literally synthesizing problems from nothing. If you constantly walk around life thinking your girlfriend is going to cheat with any guy she talks to, your going to be in for a rough dramatic ride. JUST DONT CARE SO DAMN MUCH. Let her text whoever the he11 she wants....IF SHE CHEATS....SHES A WH0RE AND GETS DUMPED. PERIOD. Quit playing "what if's".

Classic Sh1t Test....shes seeking to get a rise/reaction out of you. Instead of taking it serious, do this from now on:

GF: Hey babe, check this out, this guy keeps texting me
You: Its called desperation * not making eye contact*
GF: What? Nooooo hes not like that. Hes just a friend.
You: Oh
You:*change subject*

.............dude.............s......t.......o.......p. Quit caring so much about whats on your girlfriend's phone. Unless she actually cheats there is no reason to go running around "investigating" like the damn Hardy Boys.

See that? Hes a fvcking bum and IS desperate. Hes got no shot in he11 to get with your girl.....UNLESS YOU FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE STUPID PLAN OF YOURS. Dont make it an issue. Hes a blithering a$$kisser and can "play the friendship angle" all he wants....you dont get in a girl's pants by playing that angle.

Scrap that "plan" of yours and forget about it! Unless she starts hanging out with the guy then you have nothing to worry about. My girlfriend gets texts from guys all the time....some are guy friends from class, some are guys from her marketing club, etc. They are all chumps and send desperate texts to a girl that already has a boyfriend INSTEAD of actually hitting on girls who are SINGLE. PATHETIC. And you think these kind of guys actually have a shot of stealing your girl? Bro......not a fat chance in he11. The only way you screw this up, is if you go totally insecure on her and bring it up like you wanted to do. She will rationalize it as "you being insecure and untrusting" and guess what? SHE LOSES ATTRACTION FOR YOU. THATS......how girls cheat. On a guy they have low interest in. They dont cheat on guys they are highly attracted to. So dont blow it dude......work on changing your mindset. You need a new perspective on this relationship. Also get out and own life. Workout, work on projects, kill your job, etc.
The thing is she's told me before that while we were split up for a few months she had him stay overnight at her house and said he slept on the sofa...she says they're just mates now. So am I supposed to just be ok with it if she has him over again? Lol fvck that.

Also why would you be texting someone every othet day if you have no intention of meeting up with them at some point?

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, TheException is spot on on the insecurity part. Girls talk to guys as guys talk to girls. PlayHer Man even gave you the steps to deal with her in a more masculine way. And hes right, I have dealt with this before about a month ago and thought:

"Whats a nice guy or any guy really going to do? Im fantastic and hes no threat at all."

And i was right she was a bit psycho by the way but he was still in the same place he was in before. Just a friend.

Ive been there before and If you overreact more than this then you're going to just look insecure and stupid. If she cheats dump her simple as that.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neon Owl said:
"The thing is..."
Just by reading the first few words, I can already tell you didnt take anything I said to heart. Drop the ego for a second, step back, and realize its NOT A BIG DEAL. Prize mentality.

Neon Owl said:
she's told me before that while we were split up for a few months she had him stay overnight at her house and said he slept on the sofa
Doubtful he slept on the couch but so what pal? If you break up do you expect her to remain single and just "flick the bean". She did what you should have done when separated....bang other chicks.

Neon Owl said:
...she says they're just mates now. So am I supposed to just be ok with it IF she has him over again?
I think I clearly highlighted the problem here. More goddamn "what if's". They are the very DEFINITION of insecurity. Let me illustrate how dumb this outlook and constant worrying is...

What if.....
-your girlfriend stopped cooking and instead wanted to always go out to eat
-your mailman took your mail instead of putting it in your mailbox
-your car gets broken into, how much money will I lose?
-your aunt had a pen1s

THEY ARE ALL CONDITIONAL.....they have YET to happen. You are worrying about something that isnt even HAPPENING.....if you cannot see the error in your way of thinking....then go ahead and tell your girlfriend "your demands" and report back what happens. I GUARANTEE you guys get in a fight(and thus shes gonna lose attraction for you)

Neon Owl said:
Also why would you be texting someone every othet day if you have no intention of meeting up with them at some point?
Basic female behavior. They seek attention and will take it from any male source. This other guy is giving his attention away for free....hes the chump here. Let it be this way, let him be the chump...not you.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm just supposed to ignore all this and not even bring it up? Surely that's the beta way to go.
And it's ok saying if she cheats dump her but obviously she's not going to tell me if she does.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neon Owl said:
So I'm just supposed to ignore all this and not even bring it up? Surely that's the beta way to go.
And it's ok saying if she cheats dump her but obviously she's not going to tell me if she does.
Clearly you are insecure of being cheated on, majority of guys are. Now thats its "diagnosed" you only have two choices.

1.) Ignore advice from others. And say to yourself "so what, if Im insecure(or worse deny that you are) as long as I tell her off, that should prevent her from cheating and temporarily feel better about yourself....UNTIL you notice her attraction has dropped(and giving a girl an ultimatum by saying its either "him or me" is the most failed powerplay in dating anyways. If she wants to cheat, she'll find a way to)

2.) Change your mindset. Its not your duty to worry about your girlfriend cheating. You have to be confident and laugh at the idea that she would ever want to hook up with somebody besides you.

Its not just about the actions....its the mindset behind the actions. You could follow my advice and "ignore it" but if that action still comes from an insecure mind, it wont work BECAUSE you WILL worry about it. You just really need to think it out on your own man. I can only tell you the same thing so many times. Its up to you now to decide. Best of luck either way.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I'll take your advice and put it out of my mind. Though I still want to let her know I'm aware that it is her ex bf she's txting. I'll just ask if the guy on her phone is her ex and then ask why she still talks to him. If she says she still plans on seeing him how should I handle that?
Should I just laugh off the fact she wants to meet up with him while she's with me?,

HyperAnalyze

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neon Owl said:
Ok I'll take your advice and put it out of my mind. Though I still want to let her know I'm aware that it is her ex bf she's txting. I'll just ask if the guy on her phone is her ex and then ask why she still talks to him. If she says she still plans on seeing him how should I handle that?
Should I just laugh off the fact she wants to meet up with him while she's with me?,
Are you listening to what anyone is saying in this thread??

DO NOT make it a big deal. DO NOT show your insecurity. I used to date this girl who actually texted both of her ex's for years as I was dating her. They were obviously trying to get back with her/being her emotional tampon. I never worried not one bit.

A man does not make a big deal out of anything to be honest. If she's texting or seeing some other guy.... who cares? You just don't want to come from an insecure frame because a woman who see's that her man is coming from a frame of scarcity and feminism, she will start to lose major, MAJOR attraction.

What does this sound like?

"Who is that guy you are talking to? and Why are you talking to him?"

"I don't like you talking to him"

"Stop talking to him or else I leave"

It's feminine polarity.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
if you think its not worthwhile to do this; just walk away. no essays or dialogues about how hurt you are. just say **** it and walk.

I agree with this. If it bothers you SO much you don't need to explain jack to her. Just leave...cold, clear and quick. You DO NOT need to be in a bad relationship; it's better to be alone.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Neon, ignore the above advice. Play it cool but begin gathering evidence on whether she straight up lied to your face about who she is texting. Every second you spend on a girl you dont trust is 1 second wasted. Invest is quality women. If you suspect she is low quality and untrustworthy, leave NOW because your time is precious. Not to mention you avoid the possibility of STDs from your "girlfriend".
"Ignore the advice above but play it cool." :confused:

The general advice everyone else is saying is to not get all insecure and emotional about it because it makes you look weak and de-values you as a man. Digging up "evidence" whether she's cheating or not is a WASTE of time in my opinion. Your time is precious i agree so use it toward more productive activities. I even personally have better things to do. Obviously if she's giving signs that she's REALLY cheating, which she isn't according to OP, then you should not invest more than: "Stop talking to your ex" like PlayerHer Man said. If she continues you withdraw attention and maybe talk to other girls or even leave her- if it really bothered you.

PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
A plate of mine that I almost got serious with had invited a guy friend over for the weekend from out of town. Presumably he would sleep on the couch. I checked his profile and it was 90% pics of my plate and he staring longingly at each other.
Almost serious with*

What you or she does are none of either of your concerns because you were not exclusive.

PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
The AFCs above would say "dont do anything, make her your girlfriend because if she wanted to cheat she will do it anyway." What is so sick about this is they are justifying female plate spinning while they get to pretend they have a girlfriend lol.
It's not our job to bring up the concept of being exclusive. If they continue to see/talk to other guys on a none friend level then that is disrespect and they get the boot. The OP doesn't have anything to prove other than this guy being an AFC kiss ass. Maybe she likes the attention but at the end of the day, who's going to sleep with who?

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So much conflicting advice here...how the hell do I just drop in "stop talking to your ex" if I don't also explain why I don't want her talking to him? Am I supposed to just wait til she shows me another txt then rabdimly say stop talking to him lol

I need more detail on how to approach this please guys.

All I really care about is if she is planning on seeing this guy in person either at his place or hers...if she thinks it's ok to spend the night with him I want nothing to do with her.

user name

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps it's because too many men have had their heads screwed by conflicting 'advice'.

One says tell her not to see him or else she'll see you as a weak beta male who doesn't know his boundaries.

The other says don't tell her not to see him because you'll look like an insecure beta male.

This is what a real man would do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-VY5cC2jk

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neon Owl said:
So much conflicting advice here...
There is....and ultimately your the one who get decides which path to follow. And frankly I dont give a damn whose advice you decide to heed, because its YOUR life, not mine......BUT, I think this is a good teaching moment and Im going to take advantage of the opportunity.

I want you to read the following and really ask yourself if it makes theoretical sense. As for PairPlusRoyalFlush and Danger....id love for you to attempt to respond with just a shred of intelligence and not your usual "woe is me" attitude because you got cheated on in the past and now feel the need to filter every girl through that lens.

An ultimatum is a move of pure POWERLESSNESS, as a earlier commenter accurately said. MY GIRLFRIEND BETTER DO "XYZ" LIKE I SAY OR ELSE SHES DONE. Thats weak and pathetic because you really dont want to dump her....your secretly hoping she complies with your request. Or else why even demand anything of her....why not just dump her if you find it intolerable?

And a side note: these "guidelines" you set for the relationship...should be instituted when the relationship BEGINS....not now as behavior pops up. Its now an uphill battle.

Anyways on to the theory bit....your girlfriend responds to an ultimatum in only two ways.

1.) She complies and stops talking to the guy as "demanded".

2.) She doesnt comply and keeps talking to the guy.

In response 1.....she complies because she finds you ATTRACTIVE enough to forgo the attention of that orbiter. She is more worried about "pleasing" you than her monopoly on his attention. BUT GUESS WHAT....she complies BECAUSE SHE HAS A HIGH LEVEL OF ATTRACTION FOR YOU.....which means.....SHE WOULD NEVER CHEAT ON YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE. So effectively all you have done, is shown to be an insecure chump and in effect, decreased her attraction for you in the process.

In response 2....she doesnt comply because her attraction level IS NOT high enough to forgo the extra attention "on the side". Therefore you drive your attraction level even lower....and thus push her even CLOSER TO CHEATING...the very thing you sought to prevent. So you better be TRULY ready to dump her, if this is her reaction. But I would say....why would you even give her the chance to "deny your demand".....just dump her in the first place then and save yourself the dignity of her laughing at your demand, then her starting a fight over how "overprotective" you are.

Im thinking of doing a whole post on "cheating" and really explain it via theory + experience. Reason being....there is a big following on this forum of guys who feel the need to "Overtly" display their masculinity when it comes to women, while all women communicate "Covertly". And these guys have gotten burned in the past, so I understand why they feel this way....but I dont pity them because time and time again facts dont get through to them. And its not my place to force anything upon anyone. They gave their opinion and I gave mine....but like you said:

Neon Owl said:
how the hell do I just drop in "stop talking to your ex" if I don't also explain why I don't want her talking to him? Am I supposed to just wait til she shows me another txt then rabdimly say stop talking to him lol

Your already feeling apprehensive about it and for good reason...

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
So why not let her know and tell her its my way or the highway? Your entire philosophy is based around fear of her losing attraction at the expense of your own desires, self interest and self respect.
Ahhh and there we have it. Where you are insecure, I am not. I dont have "desires" to cage my girlfriend and command her every move.I dont have time or attention to waste away "monitoring" her behavior.

I simply want a girl....who if I have to give up EVERY OTHER GIRL in the world for...better be a goddamn positive thing in my life...as is. I dont mold a girl as the relationship progresses. The standard is set from the BEGINNING and if she meets it...she's rewarded with exclusivity if deserving. She knows what I expect and is constantly trying to please me and THAT makes her happy. If she ever deviates from the standard, shes gone and its on to the next. Like PHM says....always be spinning plates.

So why would I be worried about her talking to some guy? The very thought of her ever cheating on me with some ex I find truly hilarious. Its the prize mentality. Instead of thinking "man I hope she doesnt meet some guy that she can cheat on me for".....think "There is NO guy she cant meet that would be worth cheating on me for".

PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
What you are telling him to do is pretend like he is OK with it. He obviously is not.
Could be true...if that's the case I would say his mindset is the problem, not her. There is nothing to be fearful of. Its all "what if's". "what if she starts hanging out with him?" "What if she likes him more than me?" etc etc. They are not fact. Your little bit earlier about "insecurity being necessary" is completely false and extremely harmful....not just for a relationship but in life.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
There is....and ultimately your the one who get decides which path to follow. And frankly I dont give a damn whose advice you decide to heed, because its YOUR life, not mine......BUT, I think this is a good teaching moment and Im going to take advantage of the opportunity.

I want you to read the following and really ask yourself if it makes theoretical sense. As for PairPlusRoyalFlush and Danger....id love for you to attempt to respond with just a shred of intelligence and not your usual "woe is me" attitude because you got cheated on in the past and now feel the need to filter every girl through that lens.

An ultimatum is a move of pure POWERLESSNESS, as a earlier commenter accurately said. MY GIRLFRIEND BETTER DO "XYZ" LIKE I SAY OR ELSE SHES DONE. Thats weak and pathetic because you really dont want to dump her....your secretly hoping she complies with your request. Or else why even demand anything of her....why not just dump her if you find it intolerable?

And a side note: these "guidelines" you set for the relationship...should be instituted when the relationship BEGINS....not now as behavior pops up. Its now an uphill battle.

Anyways on to the theory bit....your girlfriend responds to an ultimatum in only two ways.

1.) She complies and stops talking to the guy as "demanded".

2.) She doesnt comply and keeps talking to the guy.

In response 1.....she complies because she finds you ATTRACTIVE enough to forgo the attention of that orbiter. She is more worried about "pleasing" you than her monopoly on his attention. BUT GUESS WHAT....she complies BECAUSE SHE HAS A HIGH LEVEL OF ATTRACTION FOR YOU.....which means.....SHE WOULD NEVER CHEAT ON YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE. So effectively all you have done, is shown to be an insecure chump and in effect, decreased her attraction for you in the process.

In response 2....she doesnt comply because her attraction level IS NOT high enough to forgo the extra attention "on the side". Therefore you drive your attraction level even lower....and thus push her even CLOSER TO CHEATING...the very thing you sought to prevent. So you better be TRULY ready to dump her, if this is her reaction. But I would say....why would you even give her the chance to "deny your demand".....just dump her in the first place then and save yourself the dignity of her laughing at your demand, then her starting a fight over how "overprotective" you are.

Im thinking of doing a whole post on "cheating" and really explain it via theory + experience. Reason being....there is a big following on this forum of guys who feel the need to "Overtly" display their masculinity when it comes to women, while all women communicate "Covertly". And these guys have gotten burned in the past, so I understand why they feel this way....but I dont pity them because time and time again facts dont get through to them. And its not my place to force anything upon anyone. They gave their opinion and I gave mine....but like you said:

Your already feeling apprehensive about it and for good reason...

This is by far one of the best pieces of advice I have read on this site in a long time.

I was going to reply before I went thru all the replies to say the same exact thing, but Exception beat me to it.

Excellent advice.

PIMP