Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Often Is The "Bros Before Hoes" Philosophy Actually Put Into Practice?

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have yet to see a guy give up a chance with a hot girl because a friend of his likes her.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, no composed guy can like a girl too much without dating her.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was AFC I just let anybody take a girl I was after if they asked b/c I thought it would make me cooler.

happyguy

Banned
Reaction score
I let a guy take a chick from under my nose back in the day. He asked if we were together. I said yes, but we're still getting to know each other.

Cut to date: A guy and me were both approaching a girl, we both sat opposite to each other with the girl at the third corner of the triangle. I quikly slided over and sat right next to the girl, and the guys jaws dropped to the floor. (The girl gave the 'I like you cus you acted like a beast' look toward me)

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will flirt with my buddies girls, no lie. But if it came down to it, I would not hook up with her or anything. I respect my friendship a lot more than some beat *****.

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Juan_Man said:
I have yet to see a guy give up a chance with a hot girl because a friend of his likes her.
It's rare, but sometimes there is an honor system with some guys. Of course, it depends on a few variables. I know one guy who I fully believe would at least talk to the guy if he knew the other guy was interested. And if the other guy was going to make a move, he'd wait, or go for someone else. But, like I said, that honor system is rare.

I got shot down pretty nasty by a woman, and "a friend" went for it. Normally, I wouldn't be that angry, but the situation surrounding it is pissing me off. And now things are pretty damaged because how the both of them changed (for the worse). There was no honor in how he did it, IMHO, nor was there much honor in how he changed by being around her.

Would I do that to another guy if I was a friend? I'd probably at least check to see his opinion (Maybe he suddenly sees an ugly side of her that I didn't notice... and have no interest in). I tend to be a "by the book; honor code kind of guy" so when it comes down to it, so just by the book, I probably would move on to someone else, depending on my IL in her, his, and his plans to ask her out.

I was mildly interested in a friends ex. But, I didn't know her until she dated him. I met her through him. So, him being her boyfriend, and one hell of a good friend, I don't mess with her. They broke up (don't know why) and it was harsh, apparently. Though I'd have every right to do it, I'm not messing with that. I'm not giving this friendship up for a mild interest. And if he can't deal with seeing her, then I'm going to make sure I don't make things harder by dating her, insisting she's at my side all the time, etc. I don't mess with that.

In college, I had a small crush on a woman that my buddy had too. I told him I was interested in her, but made sure he was going to try. If he wasn't going to go for it, I would. He told me he was. And I waited. He asked her out, got shot down. So I let him know I was going to go for it. (It didn't work out, but I don't have any bad feelings toward her or the guy she started dating after I got turned down, because it was done reasonably.

I feel like the "Bros before Ho's idea" can refer to other things in general.

An ex girlfriend, for example, was really insulting one of my buddies the other day. And I told her to lay off. This guy has been a pretty cool friend and I told her that she is to drop the insults. She doesn't have to like him, but she doesn't have to insult my friends when they're pretty good guys.

And I will stand up for them in those cases. Hell, I will defend HER if I think someone is being unfair to her in the same way, so it's not a perfect example of the "BBH" concept.

::Edited for clarity and explanation::

Last edited:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as if now i have no friends whoose girls if they threw themselves at me, I would stop them...assuming I was in a position to do anything about the situtation at hand. I used to have friends that I thoguth highly of, but one of them went behind my back spreding rumors about me and the other tried ot fvck my live in GF.. twice.. needless to say they aren't a part of my life anymore.

for my guys, the bros before hoes usually only plays out when the chick is not ass licking hot.

The hotter the chick, the more is fair in love and war. Guys are so desperate for ass they will toss 10 year friendships for a 20 mintue, if he is lucky, sensation that may or may not be satisfactory.

there is not a woman on earth worth a good friend. not ONE. the girl I'm seeing now I'd give up to have my REAL friends back and wouldn't think twice.. but they are long gone.

women are 10X worse then men. Women don't even have the rule in place4. For a woman it's pretty much if your man is the ****, i'm fvckign him. Women don't keep women friends becuase of it. the ones that do, you have to move mountains to meet her friends. And when you do it's "say hi, wave, get otu becasue one of my friends sees you are a catch"

Even when I was 17, my GF at the time wouldn't let me met her best friend for the longest... and when we finally went on a double date, I saw why... she was the oneitis that brought me here. the reason was simple. there is no loyalty when it comes to women. NONE. My old oneitis could have easily, very easily shot me down and put me in my place. however, I probably never would have gotten the idea of fvcking her (okay, I had the idea when I first saw her, but thought i actually had a chance) until she made advances.

point being to wind up... it's a dog eat dog world

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
some guys dont respect that rule at all, some guys do. I for one always respect that rule, I try hard not to flirt with a girl if I know shes taken, unless I dont like the guy shes with, and I would never hook up with my friends gf, MAYBE if she was an ex, BUT I already had the chance once and passed, so Im pretty sure of my self control

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's important to respect this rule if you have good friends who reciprocate.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mctwist4 said:
It's important to respect this rule if you have good friends who reciprocate.
Wouldn't it be easier to just keep it balanced?

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the bros.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Juan_Man said:
How Often Is The "Bros Before Hoes" Philosophy Actually Put Into Practice?

Far too often. They aren't really your bros if they expect you to give up puss for them.

DonDan

Banned
Reaction score
Bros before hoes, it has nothing to do with "I claim her i like her so you guys back off"

HELL NAH!!

Bros before hoes means, not hanging out with ur bros because a hoe wants to hang out with u... or constantly being busy or not able to hang out cuz a girl..

AKA putting a girl in front of ur homie.

thats wat it means.

Real talk.

Reaction score
Juan_Man said:
What people don't understand about this rule is that it has different levels...

1. If your wingman gets into a fight or any kind of trouble... you should stop hitting on chicks and go help him.

2. Do not try and steal the GF of a good friend... he will do the same and respect you and your chick. Only works with a GOOD friend though...

3. Make sure to discuss before approaching, so your wingman and you have different targets... you can both try and one of you might end up going home with the chick... why not help each other and both go home with a chick?

4. If your wingman and you really dig this one chick make sure you take turns... just like jump ball. If the first attemp is unsuccessful then it's ok for the other one to try.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that Mental is spot on with the loyalty mentality that I for one highly respect.

"there is not a woman on earth worth a good friend. not ONE."

Backbreaker couldn't have simplified it any better.

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends are diehard afcs so when me and another dude want the same girl i tell him he can try first,of course i spew negs and c+f which in his mind i'm "helping him seem nicer" so i win all the time and he has no grudges.
Be an *******,it's good for the soul.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do it for my friends and they do it for me. Its called not steppin on your boys toes. I would never mack my homies main lady, but we have traded girls on the low b4...aka if his feelings are in the relationship then i wouldn't sabatoge it, if it was a slide for the night then i would speak wit him and try and smash

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
now if my and 3 friends are out, and he shows interest first, and gets blown off for me? dog you need to get your game up.. you loose.

but if they are in a relaitonship.. I'm out