how big is too big?

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WBA and Jariel hit the nail on the head. Don't worry about looking like Ronnie - you won't. Bulking up definitely worked for me (and is working better every day) in terms of attracting women, making friends easier, and just being more respected. I get guys bigger than myself coming up to me at the gym asking for a spot.

WBA - we need some pics already. I wanna see this big buff dude.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanjovi said:
but in my opinion there's nothing better than people saying holy sh1t when you take off your shirt.
Actually there is. Its way better when chicks say holy s.hit when you take off your pants. :D

Oh and please guys...no 'roids.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
The 'typical' coverboy is attainable how I said, and if you did it my way you'd probably have a good deal more muscle as well. And remember, a lot of these guys at impossibly low bodyfats with globs of muscle are on juice.
sht I'm listening :D

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ProDJ26 said:
sht I'm listening :D
post your stats, training experience, current diet/routine.. on this thread or in a PM if you prefer and I'll tell you something more specific.

honestly, the coverboy look is so easy to achieve. lol.

start up a journal so we can keep an eye on you.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
I met my sweetheart when I was a 'small' 230-240 (small for me anyway :D) and she was barely half my size, no problems with attraction there whatsoever.
ditto here.

Warboss Alex said:
What you should aim for is a bodyweight/size/strength/leanness that makes YOU happy and confident.. because a happy, confident guy is always a million times more attractive regardless of aesthetics.
bingo! this is the key. if you're expecting a great body to reel women in, forget it. you always have to be out there and in control, or else the ones who will go after you will be the controlling types. I don't care who you are, you don't want that ****, and if you claim you do, then you sure as hell deserve it! (been there, done that, lucky not to be paying alimony to the wench[es]!)

finally, the title to this thread is a fallacy. I've never seen anyone get bigger than he or she wanted. even if you could somehow end up in with lifting addiction, it's self-curing: the returns to any particular level of effort are always diminishing, and it only takes one nice break to remind you why this **** is so demanding. if you can't find the willpower to give up something that's this hard to maintain, then it really, really sucks to be you. you need one of those controlling types (see above) to kick your beta male ass into submission

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
I don't look at male magazines so I wouldn't know. :D

The 'typical' coverboy is attainable how I said, and if you did it my way you'd probably have a good deal more muscle as well. And remember, a lot of these guys at impossibly low bodyfats with globs of muscle are on juice.

Don't forget those guys with ridicously huge upper bodies, and skinny legs.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, chicken legs...

I've got those...I hate them.

My LONG term goal...5'9 @200lbs around 9%bf

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ideal size would be around 5'10" @ 185 pounds with around 10-11% bf. I'm currently around 5'10" @ 150 and 12-13% bf. I don't really care what girls think is too big, I just want to reach my goal.