Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how big is too big?

Reaction score
just curious, because most people here are wanting to attract women in the first place, we would rather have a lean brad pitt body rather than a huge beefy monster ronnie coleman body right?

or have you found working out/bulking addictive so that no matter how much weight you gain you still feel skinny? thats how i felt when i was bulking

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
theory of knowledge said:
just curious, because most people here are wanting to attract women in the first place, we would rather have a lean brad pitt body rather than a huge beefy monster ronnie coleman body right?

or have you found working out/bulking addictive so that no matter how much weight you gain you still feel skinny? thats how i felt when i was bulking
I'm still a little self-concious about wearing short-sleeve shirts even though I've bulked up some. I use to always wear long-sleeve shirts to cover up my spindley arms.

When I was a twig, women would approach me. Now they just kinda hover around and look at me now that I've put on about 30lbs. Not that I'm big or anything yet. I just no longer look like an AIDS patient.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I got bigger, less chicks approached me. I´m not really big, just muscular ( 6ft 1 , 185 pds ). Does getting bigger intimidate chicks?

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
When I got bigger, less chicks approached me. I´m not really big, just muscular ( 6ft 1 , 185 pds ). Does getting bigger intimidate chicks?
If you have an intimidating demeanor. Try smiling. :)

The Muscly Jerk

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
I'm thinking that it's not so much intimidation, but more like they respect your man space more...your territory. And they take a more vulnerable posture, and expect you to approach and open them.

But then again, sometimes they seem to just swoon and throw themselves at a guy if he is really ripped.

Darth.to.the.Juan

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An observation I made is that when I got bigger, I attracted a lot more feminine and girly types of women, and more health and fitness types. As a thin pretty boy, I attracted more tomboys and controlling types, who wanted to take the lead.

I'm not saying that's a rule, it's just a personal observation.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed that you get more looks when you're bigger. Good or bad I don't know, but they're there. Without amazing genetics and the help of anabolic steroids we're never going to look like ronnie or jay, but in my opinion there's nothing better than people saying holy sh1t when you take off your shirt.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
Ditto, man!
I had a car accident last year and I really was phucked up. When I was released from the hospital, I weighed a whopping 128lbs!! Due to my injuries (neck, rib, organs, you name it) I could not lift a weight until about 6 months after my accident.

I pretty much weighed 130ish for about 6 months and I received some blatant eye contact/IOI's. About 7 months later, I'm not buff by any stretch of the imagination, but I weigh about 150 now (I am NOT tall FYI). I have increased definition and mass and it's very apparent in my physique but now I feel less noticeable to women than I did back when I was scraping 130lbs.

Two things, my theory:

1) You can't expect too much. The more you expect, the easier your disappiontment will be. Maybe some guys get it, but most of us will not have women swooning over us just cause we have a solid build.

2) Chicks are subtle creatures and even if they are impressed or take note of your bod, they won't tell you or line up to touch your awsome ass! You might get some comments from chicks you know (ie, one female acquaintance told me I had tits, jokingly, referring to my blossoming pecs, and another said she had a dream I was taking steroids, and giggled, then asked if it was just a dream). Subtle female crap like that. But don't expect women's jaws to drop just cause you are bulking up.

Some lucky guys will argue with me, tell you how they get followed by salivating women throughout the day. That is the exception, not the rule.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My personal goal, which seems incredibly far away, is to acheive something similar to this months "Muscle & Fitness" cover boy. Maybe about 15lbs less than that guy, but something very similar to that.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met my sweetheart when I was a 'small' 230-240 (small for me anyway :D) and she was barely half my size, no problems with attraction there whatsoever. Just as you'll turn some girls off by being bigger, you'll attract others who wouldn't've looked at you if you were smaller. What you should aim for is a bodyweight/size/strength/leanness that makes YOU happy and confident.. because a happy, confident guy is always a million times more attractive regardless of aesthetics.

Skilla, the men's health coverboy physique is attainable in 6 months to a year depending on your current size and bodyfat. I can take 95% of the guys on this board and turn them into that if only they'd freakin listen.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
Skilla, the men's health coverboy physique is attainable in 6 months to a year depending on your current size and bodyfat. I can take 95% of the guys on this board and turn them into that if only they'd freakin listen.

Look at this months cover of Muscle & Fitness lol. The guy isn't your typical coverboy. He's pretty stacked. I think the guys name is Jeff Dwelle.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Look at this months cover of Muscle & Fitness lol. The guy isn't your typical coverboy. He's pretty stacked. I think the guys name is Jeff Dwelle.
I don't look at male magazines so I wouldn't know. :D

The 'typical' coverboy is attainable how I said, and if you did it my way you'd probably have a good deal more muscle as well. And remember, a lot of these guys at impossibly low bodyfats with globs of muscle are on juice.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:

The 'typical' coverboy is attainable how I said, and if you did it my way you'd probably have a good deal more muscle as well. And remember, a lot of these guys at impossibly low bodyfats with globs of muscle are on juice.

Indeed. This guy is some natural bodybuilder I guess. About 5'11 220-230ish.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:

MTV had a little documentary about some juicers a couple weeks ago.

They followed some guy that was juicing. As it was his goal to get the cover of one of the fitness mags. He had good genetics to begin with...one of those abercrombie pretty boy types. He was in good shape to begin with. During his juicing he got pretty jacked up. Though they had to airbrush the zits off his back. He didn't get the cover but an inside spread.

The other guy was a mixed martial arts wannabe. Doing the amateur cage fighting deal. He wasn't that big, and he seemed to become a real tool/douche from his mood swings. And he had zits all over his back.

The last guy was some gay guy that wanted all the attention when he went into the club. This guy was just plain lazy. He was already average build, he admitted he just wanted a quick shortcut. He ended up buying the stuff from mexico...and just guesstimating the doses from a doctor friend (as the instructions were in spanish). He ended up in the hospital and had grown a pshchological dependance to it.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DarthJuan said:
MTV had a little documentary about some juicers a couple weeks ago

Yeah one of those "True Life" episodes.

First guy was smart about it. Had a doctor help him out, realized that you need to cycle, that it's not ALL about the roids...

MMA guy had roid rage like a mother f*cker. Took oral steroids too I think? He ended up ruining his relationship with his girl.

The gay guy just wanted to win some competition in a gay club. He lost, and was pissed. He looked puny anyways...

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Yeah one of those "True Life" episodes.

MMA guy had roid rage like a mother f*cker. Took oral steroids too I think? He ended up ruining his relationship with his girl.

The gay guy just wanted to win some competition in a gay club. He lost, and was pissed. He looked puny anyways...

Yeah, the gay guy had a little roid fit too with the valet at the club when they mispaced his car or something. Haha, he turned into a bytchy queen.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you seen the True Life episode with the tourett's kids?