Hot married babe, would you do it?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
What about the government and all it's rules? :whistle:
Isn't it presumed that with all threads here, we're giving advise and debating how to live our personal lives? I'm talking about in your personal life. Who is the boss of your personal life? Its either you or someone/something else. You can't have it both ways.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
azanon said:
Isn't it presumed that with all threads here, we're giving advise and debating how to live our personal lives? I'm talking about in your personal life. Who is the boss of your personal life? Its either you or someone/something else. You can't have it both ways.
Well a person's boss is their belief system, their own common sense, and their logic, and reason. I accept other people's advise that makes sense to me and reject what doesn't. I don't understand your point?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Well a person's boss is their belief system, their own common sense, and their logic, and reason. I accept other people's advise that makes sense to me and reject what doesn't. I don't understand your point?
Let me give you an example. I have a close friend who's really religious (hard core Christain). Often times, I ask him, "What would you do if .... blah blah". He answers, "The bible says I should ..... blah blah". I chuckle and try again.... saying, no I'm actually interested in what you think? What if its was up to you. Eventually I corner him and get him to admit the truth. In so many words he says, "It doesn't matter what I think". At that exact point, I pity him.

This person is not powerful, and never will be. He's a robot who's doing what someone else thinks, not what he thinks. A man wrote every single book in the bible. People who let others think for them are not, nor never will be powerful.

A lot of these people never really realized that what they're religion has done has taken their right away to think for themselves. The bible, Koran, or what-have-you never overtly says that, but in effect, that's what it expects and demands. You will.... you shall.... don't ask questions, don't expect to understand why, because "god" is a mystery. And then there's the extreme glory vs. extreme torment - reward/scare - tactics. I'm one of only ~ 5-10% of the world's population that smells a rat.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
Let me give you an example. I have a close friend who's really religious (hard core Christain). Often times, I ask him, "What would you do if .... blah blah". He answers, "The bible says I should ..... blah blah". I chuckle and try again.... saying, no I'm actually interested in what you think? What if its was up to you. Eventually I corner him and get him to admit the truth. In so many words he says, "It doesn't matter what I think". At that exact point, I pity him.

This person is not powerful, and never will be. He's a robot who's doing what someone else thinks, not what he thinks. A man wrote every single book in the bible. People who let others think for them are not, nor never will be powerful.
Perhaps your close friend has an enlightened sense of self-being, a sort of inner peace with one's self, that you will never understand due to your quest for power.

I still think it's not about the bible, karma, it's who you are as a person. Joekerr, we need another "who are you?" post.

People that always have a thirst for more, be it money, women, or..in your case the need to be above the 'masses' so to speak, will never be satisfied.

The world is not out to get you Azanon! Find peace within.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Perhaps your close friend has an enlightened sense of self-being, a sort of inner peace with one's self, that you will never understand due to your quest for power. ...
I'm curious. Could you explain two things?
  1. How do you go about equating "self-being" to someone who seeming follows an instruction manual written by someone else and their perspective?
  2. What has Azanon said that makes you believe that he has a quest for power?
I'm just trying to understand both perspectives.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
azanon said:

A lot of these people never really realized that what they're religion has done has taken their right away to think for themselves. The bible, Koran, or what-have-you never overtly says that, but in effect, that's what it expects and demands. You will.... you shall.... don't ask questions, don't expect to understand why, because "god" is a mystery. And then there's the extreme glory vs. extreme torment - reward/scare - tactics. I'm one of only ~ 5-10% of the world's population that smells a rat.
I do see your point here. No question that there are people like that who don't critically think for themselves and to their own determent. But on the flipside there are people who do think for themselves and "march to their own drummer" and do so to their own determent as well.

It comes down to either you critique and apply information to your benefit or you can't. So I wouldn't use people like that as condemnation of the Bible or whatever the source of information might be. There's people who can benefit from a given information and those who don't.

You got to be realistic and have "common sense". There's no guide that can totally tell you how to live your life successfully. But that's not to say that following certain guidelines won't simplify and benefit you.

I liked the way many things were in the 50's. I believe people acting more fairly then. The product of no moral quidelines or absolutes is communism. Where in actuality only a very few benefit exceedingly and the rest suffer greatly. That's what I've been getting at.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be more selfless to do unto others the way in which they would want to be done unto? It would take more effort and would mean being in tune with others at least as much as you are in tune with yourself. How many people are actually willing to do that?
my emphasis

That's indeed a much taller order. I'd hazard a guess not very many people even think in those terms, let alone do that..

My "moral code" is more along the lines of do unto others in a way that best optimizes matters for all concerned... including yourself.

The above is a sort of default option, with the proviso of doing unto others as they do unto you in reactive situations.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
my emphasis

That's indeed a much taller order. I'd hazard a guess not very many people even think in those terms, let alone do that..
Probably their just doing (thinking) what everyone else is thinking and doing; it's easier that way, practical too...
Bonhomme said:
My "moral code" is more along the lines of do unto others in a way that best optimizes matters for all concerned... including yourself.
Now that ("all concerned") is one TALL order to pull off successfully.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bloody mind-boggling, in fact.

Combine that with thinking for yourself, and it can make one a bit nostalgic for a relatively simple "moral code" that is just "set out."

But weighing it for oneself is so much more fulfilling ... :D