Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

history lessons

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in order for you to understand women, you must learn about women, womanhood and the bonds of womanhood. this thread will contain a history lesson, which may enlighten you on why women are the way that we are. this thread is for mature discussion only and i hope that you can participate here by sharing your views and opinions.
some believe that in the beginning of time, god made adam and eve, and that is what started the human race. whether or not you are religious, you have heard the story. every one of us were told in some way, that eve ate from the tree of life, a fruit, perhaps an apple , in which god told her not to,and she gave some to adam to eat and due to their sinful unobeying acts, they were cast out of the garden of eden, adam and all men were punished by having to work by the sweat of their brow and eve and all women were punished by childbirth.
we do not have to discuss religion. we do not have to discuss that it was going to happen anyways because god made the tree knowing they would eventually partake of it.
i am not even going to whine and tell you how much i hate this story where the blame gets placed on all women forever and ever due to one person's mistake.. if you will ....
my first question to you is was it all just a sh!t test?
yes, i asked it.
if this story happened in the manner in which we were told, did she do it just to see what fate would happen to her if she ate what was not allowed?
and even so, why did adam do it too?
i ask you these things to ponder on history and the stories that we have all heard, but adam and eve and eating an apple are not even what i want to talk about.

in ancient egypt, daughters could inherit things just like sons could as long as she participated in the funeral and they could also leave a will behind.they could own property, borrow,sue, be sued, lend and trade, have legal documents. she could have income by gardening, sewing, manage her own financial affairs.

however, in ancient athens (greece ) no woman could own more than clothing jewelery and a personal slave. she could not sign any contracts more expensive than a bushel of barley. a male would have to look after all her financial interests.if a marriage ended, the bridal price (dowry) would revert back to her to remarry or support herself (but a man had to administer it ) and she could make a last will and testament.
a father would split his estate land between all of his sons when he died, but for his daughters he would provide a dowry of other assets to give to her. men would try to pay close a bridal price close to what the dowry was worth and the father would pick whom she could marry from that. so that meant that the daughters actually got their inheritance early and at the time of their wedding, whereas men had to pay the bridal price to get married.
if there were no sons, a daughter would inherit her father's estate at his death. So far so good, but the nearest male relative of the deceased was entitled to become the guardian of the estate if he were willing to marry the daughter. He could claim her as his wife even if she were already married to someone else unless she had already produced a child of her own.
if the wife died before birthing a son, the dowry would was returned to her father.

in ancient rome, these dowries were smaller and were also administered by men. some men paid 3 yearly installments towards their dowries.

in ancient isreal, apostles were urging women to obey their husbands and for husbands to obey their wives. men were the head of the household, and women were to be his helpmate to work together for a partnership.
marriage was supposed to be ideal, and they made rules that a man could not marry a mother, sister or daughter because he had ties with her. they could have more than one wife if they could financially provide.
here, when a woman married, her family gave her to the groom's family and the groom's family would give a gift in return. once married, he was to support her, and if he financially could not, then she would be sold into slavery with him.it was very important for her to bear him a son, because it was common to become divorced over childlessness. if they had the money for a slave, she could give her personal slave to her husband to bear a child which would give her the same status as being the mother of his son which would make it harder for him to want to divorce her. if the husband died, and she had not had a son with him yet, she was expected to marry his brother, so that a man could support her and that she could feasibly have a son that would resemble him enough to carry on his name.

questions/ principals that people ponder about this :
why was social order more important that individual rights?
women's sexuality was sacrificed to ensure legitimacy..
a family's wealth should be administered by father/husband?
women, widows, divorcees needed help from their society...

slave and concubine babies could be raised by the father and his wife with the other children or raised by the mother as a separate family. fatherhood was not as we know it today, and was not always present. motherhood was always a constant, which is where it stems that women must have a birth control by having restrictions on sexual behavior even from this period of time.

marriage status with men did not matter when it came to sexual relationships with others, but when the woman married, she was to give her husband all her sexuality and adultery was taken so serious. even at the thought of it, she could be thrown into the lake to drown. her husband could feel sorry for her and save her, but he would also have to save her lover.
(i have to save him too ?)

ancient divorce has been explained in many ways. if the man just up and left, then they considered that he ran away. he made the choice and she was free to marry another even if he came back later. if they had children, she kept the children, the dowry and got to use the fields / property as to raise her children. whenever he died, she got a portion of his estate, along with their sons, and was free to remarry. if there were no kids, all he had to do was return the dowry. if he had paid no dowry, he paid her a mina piece of gold.
if she was the one that wanted the divorce or if he simply did not want to pay the dowry back, courts got involved. if she demonstrated innocence, she could take the children and dowry back to her father's house and if she was neglectful or blameful , she got sent away with nothing or he could have the option to keep her as a servant or the court could sentence her to death.

some women chose to be nuns instead of being in an undesirable marriage and sometimes their fathers decided this choice for them whether they wanted to become a nun or not. she was still entitled to her dowry, and received it from her brothers once her father passed away.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
then along come queen cleopatra of the nile aka the temptress that used her sexuality to become queen. she was a greek, whose ancestor (ptolemy) acquired egypt when it was divided. when he died, the throne and a debt had been passed to her and her ten yr old brother, who had to marry to ensure that the throne would be passed to another that only had their blood in their veins. he died at a young age, and another brother took his place on the throne, married her but she took her 100 meter long boat over to rome and julius ceaser took this brother/husband in chains and left her pregnant. alexandria hated her, and she went to live in rome in a ceaser estate. she went back to alexandria when her child was three. instead of marrying her and moving his estate there, he put up a golden statue of her in rome and contemplated becoming king. in her own kingdom, her son could now be her co ruler. thats when she had an affair with a roman named antony. (who was already married to a woman pregnant with twins and he went home and married a sister who was a new widow and pregnant...) then cleopatra married him. the 3 children inherited their roman empire. then the two of them ended everything with suicide.

did she go to ceaser to rid her brother from the throne and rule alone?
did she go to ceaser to form an alliance between egypt and rome to avoid future defeats?
she used her charm and wit to get her way, but once she loved antony she loved no others, was she still considered a temptress by the time of her death?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No need to reinvent the wheel because it works. Biblical literature as well as history shows marriages that endured. It worked! There was a pecking order which is necessary. Religious Jewish today have a very respectful marriage and they will never divorce. That system works. That is what "Old School" means to me.

A 60% Divorce rate does not work. A woman who wears the pants will not work with a Man like me.

Do you see the injustice in women being a Woman?

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

I actually read all of this stuff. Seems nearly all is consistent with what I've been taught, with the exception of a few generalities and unclear references to "ancient" customs, etc.

Pen, why not just come out and say what you're trying to say, then back it up with examples from the ancient world (if you feel those are relevant to us today)?

Why make us try to guess your point?
Or is there a little game to this?

-
-
-

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some of the oldest indian civilizations have always let the women of the tribe vote and choose who will become chief and take it to the other chiefs to make the final decision.
discuss...

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

In the U.S., today, 51 % of the electorate are women. Discuss?

(I don't get this thread.)

-
-
-

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Biblical literature as well as history shows marriages that endured.
did it work more efficiently back then, because people acted more maturely and were better suited or because so much was at stake.
religion was a big thing, and to be divorced was sinful.
if you were not married in some places, you could never have anything if you were female, just remain in your fathers home until he died. what kind of life was that? and then on the other hand, i would rather have nothing in my fathers home than be married to a man that might not have liked me very much, had little to do with me, or had other wives/slaves/concubines and children with them. were those really ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY families?
could you imagine being a woman and living in either situation?

guru1000 said:
Do you see the injustice in women being a Woman?
i do believe that women have had to overcome a terrible amount of things. i also believe that some women really feel that everything is an injustice and that is why things have changed so drastically over the past century.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
Pen, why not just come out and say what you're trying to say,
Why make us try to guess your point?
the entire point of the thread was about history of women, womanhood and the bonds of womanhood.
believe it or not, there are many guys here, that just do not know why women became what they are today.
so i started with some stuff that was very early on.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

Penkitten wrote----
"i do believe that women have had to overcome a terrible amount of things. i also believe that some women really feel that everything is an injustice and that is why things have changed so drastically over the past century."

OK, Pen, what is up with this? This site is ostensibly about guys getting chicks. Some here have elevated the discussion to that of men bettering themselves and being real men.

Now, you wanna make it a women's studies program?

We don't need to know about how women have been mistreated for millenia. I'll give you that. It's true. OK.

But the guys here are trying to score /get with/ have an LTR with/marry a MODERN WOMAN. Almost EVERY woman men here are interested in was born after 1960 (for the sake of argument. ) This group of women (and the men of that age, too, I guess) are the richest, safest, most-well-cared-for, least-discriminated-against women in the history of the WORLD. What do the injustices of ancient civilizations have to DO with Joe Noobie getting in Mary's pants, or Mr. Recently Divorced coming to terms with the fact that his wife was screwing his best friend?

This is a pointless exercise, Pen.

Unless I'm wrong.

Again, what's your point, here?

-
-
-

[Edit --- crossposted.]

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i do believe that women have had to overcome a terrible amount of things. i also believe that some women really feel that everything is an injustice and that is why things have changed so drastically over the past century.
women have had to overcome no more or less than anyone else. you think women had it bad? what about all the people who had cancer, the black plaque, lived in extreme poverty, were mentally retarded, etc.

i believe it is much more practical to view the world in terms of those who were born into privilege and those who werent. some people have it easy, most don't. that includes men and women.

as for why things have changed drastically over the past century... its more a function of industrialization and mass media than anything else.

as for women thinking everything is an injustice... many do. most people will blame others if they can. and there's enough man bashing on tv to have most women thinking that its completely acceptable to blame men for everything.

women like to think if they controlled the world it would be peace and chocolate kisses. the reality is it would be no different. war, suffering, poverty, etc are not male made realities, they are a function of basic supply and demand realities. it doesn't matter who is in 'charge', economics make the rules (you can implement different systems, you can't make the world one big happy place, because it is never going to be).

anyway, because men (in general) occupy the top of the food chain they tend not to b*tch about life because there is no one to listen. women occupy the second rung and as such like to whine and complain a lot.

but while this is how things are, the REAL reality is that the top rung is occupied by rich men and women, and the second rung is occupied by the middle class, and somewhere down the run are poor people. and everyone is complaining except the rich folks :)

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Well I totally reject this argument. This would be no different argument than a black person who never had an ancestors who were slaves blaming a white person who also had no ancestors that owned slaves to pay reparations or some nonesense. Except you could hardly compare women's past to being enslaved. Besides I don't think women had such a bad deal in the past. A lot of men had to serve in military and die in wars. You could make plenty of arguments for why men deserve "priviledges". What happened or didn't happen in Rome, Greece and Israel 5000-2000 years ago has no bearing on women today. Heck men use to could legally duel to the death up till 1850? But what does that have anything to do with today?

This is all just female-centricism and excuses and justification for women running amok.

Actually I solve the whole delimma in one sentence when it comes to relations between women and men: Women are by nature takers and not givers.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and one other thing.

one of womens MAJOR failings is that many of them are horrible with money. their wallet has constant diarhea.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
-
-
-

Penkitten wrote----
"i do believe that women have had to overcome a terrible amount of things. i also believe that some women really feel that everything is an injustice and that is why things have changed so drastically over the past century."

OK, Pen, what is up with this? This site is ostensibly about guys getting chicks. Some here have elevated the discussion to that of men bettering themselves and being real men.

Now, you wanna make it a women's studies program?

We don't need to know about how women have been mistreated for millenia. I'll give you that. It's true. OK.

But the guys here are trying to score /get with/ have an LTR with/marry a MODERN WOMAN. Almost EVERY woman men here are interested in was born after 1960 (for the sake of argument. ) This group of women (and the men of that age, too, I guess) are the richest, safest, most-well-cared-for, least-discriminated-against women in the history of the WORLD. What do the injustices of ancient civilizations have to DO with Joe Noobie getting in Mary's pants, or Mr. Recently Divorced coming to terms with the fact that his wife was screwing his best friend?

This is a pointless exercise, Pen.

Unless I'm wrong.

Again, what's your point, here?

-
-
-

[Edit --- crossposted.]

LMAO

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is off subject...but Penkitten...weren't/aren't you married to Giovanni Cassanova?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
anyway, because men (in general) occupy the top of the food chain they tend not to b*tch about life because there is no one to listen.
please .. men b*tch about stuff all the time.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
oh and one other thing.

one of womens MAJOR failings is that many of them are horrible with money. their wallet has constant diarhea.
i know lots of men that have major failings with money and some of them would be better off if someone oversaw their monies.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
please .. men b*tch about stuff all the time.

-
-
-
You answered that ONE line from him and ignored what I've asked?
Hilarious, Pen!!!!!!
-
-
-

Reaction score
Kitty Kat what is your point? Men not only rule women but also rule the earth! Men butcher, kill, plunder, rape - we are not better than women - we are worst!! We just are men being men!

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-
----error---
-
-
-