Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Having children

Realthangpoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,

I found this forum at 22 at my lowest, after splitting up with my first girlfriend. We dated from 17 to 22 (I’d say the crucial dating years), so I had a lot of catching up and learning to do.

I browsed the market for 5 years until I found a great woman. I’ve been dating her for 2,5 years and overall she’s been fantastic. We share the same values, she’s loyal, family oriented etc. I’m 28, she’s 24. She literally says, very often, there’s nothing she wants more than having kids with me. I want it too, but not now. Mostly because I’m still too focused on all the things I want to do and I’m afraid children will get in the way of that (travelling, job goals etc.)

Of course having children will massively change your life. I’m searching for honest input on the good, the bad and the ugly. For the people here who have children: in what way has it affected your life? And would you do it again if you knew what was ahead?

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the people here who have children: in what way has it affected your life? And would you do it again if you knew what was ahead?
Well, there's not much point in life without creating it and that carries its own unique and intensely rewarding gifts.

I was a father at 22 years old and I was not mature enough to handle it. Not like I had much choice, but there are many things I would have done differently knowing what I know now.

Wait until you're ready. Live your life with your woman and live the experiences you won't get to have once you've got a little one in tow. I really didn't get much chance to have those experiences, and even if my daughter was grown - that phase in my marriage is over and it just wouldn't be the same. I regret not getting those experiences, but I've also got a whole new set of them from my daughter.

My parents had me when they were in their mid 30s. The age difference was so significant that it's hard to have anything in common with them. My daughter got to watch me struggle and grind and grow into who I am today, and she can continue to do that. I never got that experience with my folks, but I do kind of appreciate that my daughter gets to experience that with me.

There will never be a time when you're "ready", but I do suggest owning a house, having a steady career, and a strong financial footing before procreating.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the people here who have children: in what way has it affected your life? And would you do it again if you knew what was ahead?
Have you been "dating" her or have you been actually living together, like every day under one roof? If so for how long?

*You will never "be ready".

*If you are the most important person for your woman now, you will be second at best after the kid is born.

*You will never love anyone as much as your kid.

*If you want to become a father, make sure you are financially set. Preferably have your own home, payed off, so that there is one less potential strain on your relationship if times become tough.

Redpill-Advice:
DO NOT marrie her, DO NOT buy a home with her, DO NOT take any loans with her. You need to pay for the home, it has to be your property and YOURS ALONE. Whatever you think of your woman now, she might become a different person after birth and if **** hits the fan you need to be prepared. The less leverage she has on you the better she will behave over the years.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Preferably have your own home, payed off
How do you think that will be possible in today's world?

DO NOT buy a home with her, DO NOT take any loans with her. You need to pay for the home, it has to be your property and YOURS ALONE. Whatever you think of your woman now
Super bad advice.

The advice should be: you need to have a house, transfer tittle to his parents, then buy a house with her, her everyone put the same money, has the debt.

FYI, whenever you have a kid, no matter if you pay off the house and its in your name, the court will decide for the mom and the child to live there, and kick the guy out.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you think that will be possible in today's world?

Super bad advice.

The advice should be: you need to have a house, transfer tittle to his parents, then buy a house with her, her everyone put the same money, has the debt.

FYI, whenever you have a kid, no matter if you pay off the house and its in your name, the court will decide for the mom and the child to live there, and kick the guy out.
Check with your local laws....... obviously.

If they dont protect your property, move or forget about kids or suffer the consequences.

An alternative is finding a woman that has more money then you.

And how to afford a home? Dont live above your means, have kids when you payed the loan off, done.

We tell guys all the time that money is important right? So, instead of blowing the money on fancy dates for bytches, cars and traveling, spend it on your home.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on this post, I'd say it would be irresponsible of you to get her pregnant.
My relationship is going that direction currently and it’s driving me insane because I can’t figure out how to fix it. Moving in together made everything worse.

She’s very cute, caring, low notch count, family-oriented. But also very insecure, needing physical and emotional affirmation, demanding attention and talks a lot (almost all the time) about stuff I really don’t care about. It’s often the same stuff because she doesn’t go out much and thus can’t talk about new experiences.
Plus she doesn’t have a fixed group of girl friends to dump the figments in her brain to. To make matters worse she’s one of my good friends’ younger sister.

This situation is draining me emotionally and physically. I feel ungrounded as a man and she can feel it too, which is making everything worse. Any advice here?
IMO, you have to live together with a woman for at least 2 years, better yet 3 years and when looking back both of you should be saying and meaning it ... those were great years, as far as our relationship is concerned. Then you're ready for kids.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And how to afford a home? Dont live above your means, have kids when you payed the loan off, done.
We tell guys all the time that money is important right? So, instead of blowing the money on fancy dates for bytches, cars and traveling, spend it on your home.
You're 45 according to your profile, idk where you live ofrif you have a house paid off, and how did you do it, but let me give you a reality check in today's market.

- Average guy out of college 22-23 yo
- Median income house of 3bd, 2br is $300k here in DFW, cause there is not point in getting just 2br house
- Average engineering entry job $58k, after tax 46k, $3,800/month after tax
- Deciding to buy a home after a year he will be 25
- Interest rate is 8% for a 30 years loan
- House mortgage and insurance, $2600
- About $1200 left for bills, food, gas and entertainment
- If he wants to pay the house on 10 years, he will have to add an extra $1000 to his monthly payment
- He is left with $200

While is true that interest can change and he can a better job, you're pretty much telling a 25 years old guy, "Hey live like if you were poor, focus on paying off your house first putting a lot a of money on it, and then when you are 35 start looking for a girl to settle down with, don't travel, don't enjoy live, just be a plow horse to pay off our house first" This is the stupidest advice I've read on here.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey
live like if you were poor, focus on paying off your house first putting a lot a of money on it, and then when you are 35 start looking for a girl to settle down with, don't travel, don't enjoy live, just be a plow horse to pay off our house first" This is the stupidest advice I've read on here.
Well..... this is how people got to something in the past. When you are young, work your ass off and build your "empire" instead of spending your money on bytches.

Leaving aside that "enjoying life" is a rather subjective term and i couldnt give more shiats about traveling for example, but thats me, i understand that its common today to start with a huge loan out of college, "enjoy life" until you are 35, then take another loan for a home you cant afford, which you will be paying back until you are 70 because you still want to "enjoy life" after all AND finance a family. You see the trap here?

I personally would in NO WAY suggest a man getting into marriage and dept with a woman. For the simple reason of losing the ability to walk away and have freedom. You will be her bytch once you are indepted with her and have kids.

Also i dont understand what you are suggesting. You dont want him to work His ass off till 35 and build something for himself and instead he should travel and have fun. Meanwhile you want him to get into family early, which i guarrantee will not allow him to travel and "enjoy life" per your definition until the kids are moving out.

I am pretty sure the times when a young man could have it all are over and they wont come back for the next decades.

You do you, but i rather enjoy my financial freedom over living above my means and ending up as old indepted man because i didnt do the work when i was young and healthy enough to do so.

I became a father with 39 and that was early enough. I wouldnt suggest a boy letting himself be trapped under 30. With todays women its more likely a recipe for desaster then not.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well..... this is how people got to something in the past. When you are young, work your ass off and build your "empire" instead of spending your money on bytches.

Leaving aside that "enjoying life" is a rather subjective term and i couldnt give more shiats about traveling for example, but thats me, i understand that its common today to start with a huge loan out of college, "enjoy life" until you are 35, then take another loan for a home you cant afford, which you will be paying back until you are 70 because you still want to "enjoy life" after all AND finance a family. You see the trap here?

I personally would in NO WAY suggest a man getting into marriage and dept with a woman. For the simple reason of losing the ability to walk away and have freedom. You will be her bytch once you are indepted with her and have kids.

Also i dont understand what you are suggesting. You dont want him to work His ass off till 35 and build something for himself and instead he should travel and have fun. Meanwhile you want him to get into family early, which i guarrantee will not allow him to travel and "enjoy life" per your definition until the kids are moving out.

I am pretty sure the times when a young man could have it all are over and they wont come back for the next decades.

You do you, but i rather enjoy my financial freedom over living above my means and ending up as old indepted man because i didnt do the work when i was young and healthy enough to do so.

I became a father with 39 and that was early enough. I wouldnt suggest a boy letting himself be trapped under 30. With todays women its more likely a recipe for desaster then not.
Yeah in the past were you houses were more affordable, but now the interest that is paid, is 1.5 more than the house price.

I'm saying not get married, do everything at the same time, work hard, enjoy life, travel, hit the gym, date women so he can get experience in knowing the different women and what he wants and values in them, not one at the expense of the others, cause waiting for 35 to start dating and start enjoying doesn't sound like a good deal, maybe for a plow horse.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hello,

I found this forum at 22 at my lowest, after splitting up with my first girlfriend. We dated from 17 to 22 (I’d say the crucial dating years), so I had a lot of catching up and learning to do.

I browsed the market for 5 years until I found a great woman. I’ve been dating her for 2,5 years and overall she’s been fantastic. We share the same values, she’s loyal, family oriented etc. I’m 28, she’s 24. She literally says, very often, there’s nothing she wants more than having kids with me. I want it too, but not now. Mostly because I’m still too focused on all the things I want to do and I’m afraid children will get in the way of that (travelling, job goals etc.)

Of course having children will massively change your life. I’m searching for honest input on the good, the bad and the ugly. For the people here who have children: in what way has it affected your life? And would you do it again if you knew what was ahead?
In the best way possible. It changes you in a way that makes you realize there is more to life than just living for yourself and until you actually have kids there isn't really a way of understanding this in that way.

I would willingly give up my life for my kids if it came down to it. No hesitation and without any thoughts at all. That's real talk.

If you don't have kids you may say that's crazy and there is no way you would ever do that. And you are right. In your current mindset and with your current thought process you likely wouldn't.

Kids change you and in some ways unlock your potential as a human being fully.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah in the past were you houses were more affordable, but now the interest that is paid, is 1.5 more than the house price.

I'm saying not get married, do everything at the same time, work hard, enjoy life, travel, hit the gym, date women so he can get experience in knowing the different women and what he wants and values in them, not one at the expense of the others, cause waiting for 35 to start dating and start enjoying doesn't sound like a good deal, maybe for a plow horse.
I think you are reading things into my postings i didnt quite say.

I never said he is supposed to wait for 35 to start fvcking/dating women. I wrote that i would recommend for him to have a home owned by him before he starts a family.

The whole point of my advice is that he DOESNT become the plow horse. Because you WILL end up as a plow horse if you go bluepilled(unprepared) into comitments that involve family courts.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think having children in 2023 is risky business. Women are unpredictable and unreliable, it's a gamble. I don't gamble. They can make your life a living hell.

Plus, with today's society, you might end up with a kid who doesn't what gender he is, autism, addicted to social medias, drugs, etc. They can make your life a living hell.

Not something I want to deal with.

Realthangpoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the opinions and the advice.

Here’s some more context:
- We’ve been living together for over a year
- We’re not married and I don’t want to get married for the obvious reason of not getting financially rekt.
- We recently bought a house together and are now renovating. Where I live it’s very difficult to buy a house solo these days, especially with the field I’m in (that I love). It’s not badly paid but not great either. I wouldn’t want to change my job/field right now for more money.
- Every expense in the house is split 50/50. It sh*t hits the fan, we split up, we sell the house and I make a profit. House prices in this area are insane and I’m still convinced we did a bargain.

IF I’m getting kids, it’s gonna be the earliest in about 4 years. I need to see how she is in the coming years with us living together, and we need to be as stable as possible financially. We both earn decently and don’t spend money on stupid stuff.

CountSuavula

Banned
Reaction score
I do not recommend waiting “X amount of years until we are stable”. Just do it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I do not recommend waiting “X amount of years until we are stable”. Just do it.
Any time something is prefaced by "I want to wait until X happens", there is a good chance someone is waiting for this self-defined "perfect time" in their life when all the stars align and they have dreamt up exactly what it will look like and they will have no other worries.

I've got news for you...in the real world, that time is never going to come and you'll be waiting for a long time until one day you realize "oh sh!t I'm 45 and I haven't done any of the main things I wanted to do because I've been waiting for that perfect time".

There is no perfect time. If that's what you are waiting for, you will be waiting til the day you die.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any time something is prefaced by "I want to wait until X happens", there is a good chance someone is waiting for this self-defined "perfect time" in their life when all the stars align and they have dreamt up exactly what it will look like and they will have no other worries.

I've got news for you...in the real world, that time is never going to come and you'll be waiting for a long time until one day you realize "oh sh!t I'm 45 and I haven't done any of the main things I wanted to do because I've been waiting for that perfect time".

There is no perfect time. If that's what you are waiting for, you will be waiting til the day you die.
Yeah but this is not some jobs you wanna take the chance to get, or some adventure you wanna have and having putting on, or some chick you wanna ask out. Its a fvcking kid.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah but this is not some jobs you wanna take the chance to get, or some adventure you wanna have and having putting on, or some chick you wanna ask out. Its a fvcking kid.
Yes that's true. But the problem stems from most people not having any real plans for their life. They simply wander thru it aimlessly with no direction like they are wondering around in a desert without a compass.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The world needs you to repopulate the earth.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,

A few thoughts:

1. Finding a woman who's worth having children with is not easy these days.
2. Finding a woman who's worth having children with AND is still at peak fertility is harder still (peak fertility = healthier children).
3. Travel is pretty overrated and shouldn't be considered a "life goal".
4. Career is NOT overrated but unless you plan to be a stay-at-home dad, would having kids really affect your job goals?

All things considered, if having kids is important to you, having them sooner rather than later in life is better IMO, despite the prevailing wisdom.