Hatton Vs Mayweather: Predictions

MrGold

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mayweather has a whole lot more to lose if Hatton wins, with that big fukin mouth of his. Fatty's gonna get ya Floyd!

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
Stop, your making me nervous! lol

Ive only been betting for a few months now, only small. Maybe I was reckless with this one, but im really confident in Floyd, he’s the last leg of many parlays. If I lose I have to take a step back and do more research before betting again. I will play cant-fail props like Mayweather+16.5, or Hatton NOT inside, just in case.

Hatton is no prime Castillo, who Floyd twice beat. However if this fight is as close as the Castillo fights, Hatton might get a controversial win. Floyd was hurt in the first Castillo fight, and Hatton doesn’t punch nearly as hard as Cast/DLH/Judah. Floyd can only hurt himself, breaking his hand on Hatton’s big square head.

I see Hatton getting cut to pieces, Floyd is precise if not that powerful. He won’t knock him out straight, but accumulate, and hopefully cut Hatton. If Floyd sits down on his punches like vs Corrales and Gatti, I think he gets the stoppage.

I really look forward to Paul Williams in the future, Ill take him as a dog bet any time. The guy to beat him would have to be like Cotto, but Cotto’s chin is suspect. Ideally it would be a short, press-forward guy with devastating body shots, and a strong chin. The kind of guy who would lose the first half of the fight but keep pressing, and get the knockout 10-12. Id like to see Williams vs a prime Castillo.

Im no fan of Pac either, this fight will be too hard to pick or bet. Either way, none of them want Guzman! lol.

umm Hatton is better than a Prime Castillo IMHO. Sure he wouldn't have tko'd him with a body shot.... but you saw Ricky's non step pressure. Ricky will be all over Floyd from start to Finish. IMHO Ricky Hatton is one of the best pressure fighters I've seen.

The best style for fighting Floyd.

Floyd is done. Just send me your money next time.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care who wins, I want all these tourist out of my hotel! It's suppose to be slow season and my department is getting pounded! I mean the money is nice yes, but really getting drunk before 10 am! Are you serious! Shame on you too las vegas locals for being so unruly and going with the flow too!!

P.S. Come to my nightclubs...I need christmas money...

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree Jayer, in the fact that I dont give much weight to the Collazo V Hatton fight, though Hatton did not look good at all at 147! He lost a LOT of that strength which is his number one advantage at 140! You watch, Floyd is not a small 147lber, he will hold his own strength wise in there with Hatton! That is one thing you can take from the Collazo fight.

I think Hatton and Castillo are pretty close in their primes, but very different styles. Hatton wrasstles a lot more, he also bulls in quicker and bobs around more and probably has faster handspeed. He is more wild that Castillo and changes the pace of the fight more, whereas Castillo is more methodical which means he wears you down slower. But you cannot tell with the Mayweather V Castillo fights, think Corrales was similar caliber fighter and a perssure fighter, and look what Floyd did to him! Though, Hatton is harder to hit than Corrales! Floyd also had a lot better movement back then and his feet were a lot quicker!

Hatton beat Tszyu in a VERY ugly fight, where he was allowed to hug all night long. I did not like that fight whatsoever, not to mention, he was PUMPED by the crowd going beserk anytime he threw a punch! HUGE advantage for him that night and I think if that was fought in the States, with a good ref, it could have been a different outcome, though still would have been very close no doubt!

Hatton has prooven he is an elite fighter no doubt and this fight will be close I beleive.

Definately though, I agree that the only way this fight is stopped, is Hatton by cuts. None are getting knocked out, at least I cant see it.

Floyd really has to move a LOT, use his feet and dance all night long. Throw a STACK of lead rights and hope he finds a home for them!

I am more excited for this fight than pretty much every other fight for years! Should be great for all the true boxing fans who can appreciate the art of Floyd Mayweather and the balls of Hatton!

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not even going to touch this prediction over hatton and mayweather.

Floyd doesn't trade punches. He's a boxer not a brawler or a combination of both. He's a boxer period. He will hit and run. He will cover up and move his head against someone who throws a lot of punches but he will not punch. Occasionally he would counter throw an uppercut in close range but that leaves him open and we all know how much he doesn't like to get hit. That's the reason why I think Hatton will win. He's very aggressive which I'm sure will give Mayweather a lot of trouble from what I saw from his previous fight with de la hoya. Put mayweather on the rope and he won't be able to use his feet. That's where hatton can really take the fight to him and we all know hatton is great when his opponents are on the ropes. We see it when he trains, we see it when he fights. He likes to hold and bring his opponents to the ropes where he can throw his body shots. Where he can be aggressive and throw a lot of punches.

The question is can hatton take mayweather and corner him on the ropes the way oscar de la hoya did? That's the big question.

I'm not confident about hatton's defense. I have a feeling that mayweather can stay in the middle of the ring and control hatton with a jab and make him look stupid. Hit and run, hit and run. I have a bad feeling for hatton. I give mayweather a slight edge on this one.

This is heart versus smart more than anything. A simple heart can get you far but eventually you will be stopped by someone smarter. But Hatton by no means has more than a simple heart!~

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vagrant said:
I'm not even going to touch this prediction over hatton and mayweather.

He will cover up and move his head against someone who throws a lot of punches but he will not punch. Occasionally he would counter throw an uppercut in close range but that leaves him open and we all know how much he doesn't like to get hit.

That's the reason why I think Hatton will win.

I give mayweather a slight edge on this one.
Did you think about what you just wrote? Contradicted youself.

Also no offence but that first paragraph, how many Mayweather fights have you seen?

Mayweather is known to throw a LOT of punches and break opponents down, down the stretch! He is always in tip top condition! Though, he hasnt been so good up at 147!

He busted Castillo up in the later part of their second fight (he was injured in the first fight, same as some other of his fights where he has been injured and just looked to get the decision). Same as he came on and probably would have stopped Zab if Roger didnt jump in the ring! Mayweather doesnt like to get hit? Against Ndou, Corley and especially Burton, Mayweather stood right in the killzone and took them to town! He can really fight if he wants too, but when you have those boxing skills, why kill your brain? Mayweather has no problem at all with getting hit! He is not like RJJ who truly never liked to be hit!

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people picking Hatton are picking with their hearts, or are just new to this sport and caught up in the 24/7 hype. Very few would put money on Hatton. Even if he does somehow win, logic and evidence as of today clearly favours Mayweather by a wide margin. If Hatton was a black guy from Atlanta with a rap label, I suspect the line would be -350.

Jayer, did you see a prime Castillo? Or a prime Tszyu? Or any of the Mayweather-Castillo fights? I agree with you Clooney that Mayweather was more mobile and simply better at 130 and 135, maybe he's not as fluid against Hatton as he was vs Castillo.

Clooney I agree with eveything you've written about the fighters themselves and their styles, but not this specific match-up. I remember you gave DLH a good chance at winning as well, maybe your dislike of Mayweather is getting in the way. To be fair, Im no Hatton or DLH fan, maybe my dislike is getting in the way.

He doesn't have to move or dance, Hatton just isn't that crafty or powerful. Hatton leads with his face and has no jab. Mayweather is actually better in a shoulder-to-shoulder fight (see Brussels fight), but Hatton doesn't fight or maneuver he just holds, so there won't be much real inside action, just hugging and breaking up.

M will be less mobile than vs Baldomir with more power in his punches. Nobody knocks out Baldomir, so trading with him is pointless, especially when you're heavily undersized. Hatton is of similar size to M and can be KOed.

Floyd by ass-whooping. Personally im getting drained worrying about my money, I want the damn thing over with!

PS I took DeLeon's opponent at +750 lol, he's apparently a very live dog. The line went from +1100 to +550 quickly.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I gave DLH a good chance, but I only had him loosing by 1. Mayweather didnt throw that many punches as per usual, he was landing on the gloves with most of his own attack. Really wasnt a great fight. DLH only landed body punches and most of his attack was wild and unmeasured. You will never land on Mayweather often if you throw like that! Mayweather landed the cleaner blows.

I dont mind Mayweather the person, a lot of his talk is for show! I also LOVE to watch him fight and I am never bias when picking my fight outcomes. I just know nearly every single time two dominate fighters come up against eachother, it is very very close! JT V BHOP, DLH V Tito, DLH V Mayweather, DLH V Quartey, DLH V Mosley, Castillo V Mayweather, Ray Leonard V Hearns, Ray Leonard V Hagler, Ray Robinson V LaMotta, Ray Robinson V Gavilan, Ali V Frazier, Holyfield V Bowe, Holyfield V Lewis, Cotto V Mosley, Tszyu V Hatton man the list goes on and on! Of course you also get one sided fights, but its nearly always a close outcome and evenly matched.

The biggest opening on Mayweather is his body, no doubt about that. The body cant move, where the had can. His shoulder roll does not stop him taking punches to the body, and Hatton realises this! If he works hard and throws leather to the body, he can definately rack up some points and probably take some wind out of Floyd. Hatton then also has to bob and weave a lot, and bull in so Mayweather covers up, also wrasstle and hold, in order to stop Mayweather ripping him up with his own shots. This is Hattons best chance (and probably only chance), just overwhelm him with a rough, physical fight in which he scores to the body!

Anyways, all this speculation will soon be over and as sometimes happens in boxing, it might not turn out ANYTHING like expected!

Sure to be a good fight though I reckon! I just pray to god it doesnt end in speculation and someone at least wins reasonably clear cut. Unlike the Cotto V Mosley fight, where I had Mosley edging it, but Cotto winning a relatively clear decision!

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahem.

I hope you guys followed my 'free money' thread, everything I posted was a winner, and easy ones at that.

Money Mayweather just made me Money Norak for the night.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mean to come off as a braggart Clooney, I think your analysis is typically spot-on, you just overvalued Hatton or personally disliked Mayweather. The lines on this fight were crazy, Mayweather is in a different league.

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gut feeling a knockout was coming, even when PBF got rocked/Tripped in the 1st.

Perfection.

Reaction score
I don't know why people gave hatton a chance. If you saw any boxer or anyone whitin boxing comment on the fight they said mayweather would win it. The people saying hatton would win where clueless idiots caught up in the hype or AFCs hateing on Floyd cause hes a trash talking prettyboy. Seriously why are people hateing on mayweather? He's funny and its not like hes a ****ing murderer or some sh!t and he showed at the end of the fight he has class by giveing ricky his props. Don't hate mayweather cause you so ugly hate yo momma.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was dead wrong I'll admit it. I think Hatton did all he could and I had him up in the early rounds. I guess Floyd played him out though...... reminded me a little of the rumble in the jungle.

Floyd is the best fighter in the world P4P, hats off to that arrogant bastard.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyWongButOhSoRite said:
I don't know why people gave hatton a chance. If you saw any boxer or anyone whitin boxing comment on the fight they said mayweather would win it. The people saying hatton would win where clueless idiots caught up in the hype or AFCs hateing on Floyd cause hes a trash talking prettyboy. Seriously why are people hateing on mayweather? He's funny and its not like hes a ****ing murderer or some sh!t and he showed at the end of the fight he has class by giveing ricky his props. Don't hate mayweather cause you so ugly hate yo momma.

People are against mayweather because he never gets hit. He is so talented. The average fan hates that type of style of fighting. Mayweather is the best P4P fighter in boxing but he is not the most exciting fighter to watch. People want to see guys that mix it up such as arturo gatti and Kelly pavlik.

I have to give props to mayweather. I picked him to win but I thought it would be by decision. Hatton came to fight and he gave it all he had. BTW the undercard sucked. I am getting sick of boxing. I am a total UFC mixed martial arts fan.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MMA purses are criminal, and for that reason I cant follow it. Watching two men kick the crap out of each for $2,000 makes me sick. The idea of a main eventer making 5-10k after a decade of hard work to get there is absurd and monopolistic.

Boxing bums and journeyman often get paid more than UFC televised fighters. Promoters exploit fighters in every sport, but at least they pay them well and have healthy competition.

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
People are against mayweather because he never gets hit. He is so talented. The average fan hates that type of style of fighting. Mayweather is the best P4P fighter in boxing but he is not the most exciting fighter to watch. People want to see guys that mix it up such as arturo gatti and Kelly pavlik.

I have to give props to mayweather. I picked him to win but I thought it would be by decision. Hatton came to fight and he gave it all he had. BTW the undercard sucked. I am getting sick of boxing. I am a total UFC mixed martial arts fan.
don't miss the marquez vs pacquiao fight :yes: