Hatton Vs Mayweather: Predictions

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your predictions for this fight?

Is this a miss-match or can Hatton really cause an upset?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Mayweather will come out on top, but i really do hope Hatton wins.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sure hope Hatton knocks him the f*** out.

g g g unit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whooooooooooooooooooo Ricky Hatton no.1 thats what im talkin about !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends if the ref lets Hatton hug or not. Hatton will try to get in close and wrasstle, then chop to the body. This is about his only chance. Because if Collazo can outbox him, Mayweather will have no problems!

If the ref makes it a very clean, outside affair, Hatton will be pot shotted all night long!

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mayweather will run all night and make him miss. He will beat him by decision. I sure hope hatton wins though.

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people are starting to get fooled by hattons high confidence.

I don't think the fight will even be close.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry I hadn't realized a thread was already dedicated to this.

My thread 'free money' is based on betting this fight. Mayweather will crush him.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering where you went, Clooney. Do you bet on these fights? I have about 500 riding on this, which is a lot for me. I've been researching sports betting a lot, boxing is a good choice. I took a small KO prop as well, I can see Hatton getting cut really bad or his corner stopping it.

Apparently there are advanced talks for a May5 match at Wembley between Hatton and Hoya. That concerned me. The only chance I give Hatton is a controversial decision.

The worst match-up at 147 for Mayweather is Paul Williams, who might actually beat him. If Williams took 2 years to build his confidence and skill, he could the favourite by then.

You going for Pac or Marq?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh, I dont come here much anymore. Just cant stand the people here anymore, no offence to some of the guys here, but 99% are just plain weird.

Ive bet on quiet a few, but only the ones Im relatively confident on. Im not so sure on this one. Hatton has some great body punches and works hard, the EXACT formula to beat Mayweather! As long as he can maintain his own distance and bob and weave a lot, then get inside, tie Mayweather up, wrasslte him to suck energy and launch body punches and bull his way in Duran style, then I can see him scraping a contraversial decision!

I agree on Williams, he has DANGER written all over him for any of the "stars" such as Mosley, Cotto, Hatton or Mayweather or even DLH.

Just a huge welter, with a solid, crisp punch who works very hard. A guy that tall with that kind of power and work ethic, makes for an awkward and difficult fight for anyone! Much like Jermain Taylor, I think his undoing will be his chin, not that its shaky, but he is not hard to hit and someone will land right on the tip of that chin one day, which will like most others, ruin his ability to really take a good punch! Which with his style, is very important!

Dont really care who wins in Pac fights, his never been a favourite of mine, though I do watch most of his fights and think he will win (but havent really broken the fight down too much).

500, thats a big bet, definately wouldnt be putting it on this fight. Fights I bet on were ones like the old Klit versus all those chumps he beat down! He, even though awkward, was very tough, and much like Williams worked hard and tall along with a good chin. The guys he was up against for all those years were absolute BUMS! He was easy money every time!

This fight is going to be great though! Matchup of two totally contrasting styles! Too bad for Hatton the boxer usually comes out on top of these type of encounters!

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have said a long time ago the one guy who will beat Mayweather is Ricky Hatton because of his constant pressure style.

Hatton beats Floyd I have no doubt about it. Floyd could barely handle Castillo who was a pressure fighter and Hatton is even worse IMHO

I don't put much weight to that Collazo fight btw.... everyone has a bad night.

Hatton will be victorious!

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
Yeh, I dont come here much anymore. Just cant stand the people here anymore, no offence to some of the guys here, but 99% are just plain weird.

Ive bet on quiet a few, but only the ones Im relatively confident on. Im not so sure on this one. Hatton has some great body punches and works hard, the EXACT formula to beat Mayweather! As long as he can maintain his own distance and bob and weave a lot, then get inside, tie Mayweather up, wrasslte him to suck energy and launch body punches and bull his way in Duran style, then I can see him scraping a contraversial decision!

I agree on Williams, he has DANGER written all over him for any of the "stars" such as Mosley, Cotto, Hatton or Mayweather or even DLH.

Just a huge welter, with a solid, crisp punch who works very hard. A guy that tall with that kind of power and work ethic, makes for an awkward and difficult fight for anyone! Much like Jermain Taylor, I think his undoing will be his chin, not that its shaky, but he is not hard to hit and someone will land right on the tip of that chin one day, which will like most others, ruin his ability to really take a good punch! Which with his style, is very important!

Dont really care who wins in Pac fights, his never been a favourite of mine, though I do watch most of his fights and think he will win (but havent really broken the fight down too much).

500, thats a big bet, definately wouldnt be putting it on this fight. Fights I bet on were ones like the old Klit versus all those chumps he beat down! He, even though awkward, was very tough, and much like Williams worked hard and tall along with a good chin. The guys he was up against for all those years were absolute BUMS! He was easy money every time!

This fight is going to be great though! Matchup of two totally contrasting styles! Too bad for Hatton the boxer usually comes out on top of these type of encounters!

Stop, your making me nervous! lol

Ive only been betting for a few months now, only small. Maybe I was reckless with this one, but im really confident in Floyd, he’s the last leg of many parlays. If I lose I have to take a step back and do more research before betting again. I will play cant-fail props like Mayweather+16.5, or Hatton NOT inside, just in case.

Hatton is no prime Castillo, who Floyd twice beat. However if this fight is as close as the Castillo fights, Hatton might get a controversial win. Floyd was hurt in the first Castillo fight, and Hatton doesn’t punch nearly as hard as Cast/DLH/Judah. Floyd can only hurt himself, breaking his hand on Hatton’s big square head.

I see Hatton getting cut to pieces, Floyd is precise if not that powerful. He won’t knock him out straight, but accumulate, and hopefully cut Hatton. If Floyd sits down on his punches like vs Corrales and Gatti, I think he gets the stoppage.

I really look forward to Paul Williams in the future, Ill take him as a dog bet any time. The guy to beat him would have to be like Cotto, but Cotto’s chin is suspect. Ideally it would be a short, press-forward guy with devastating body shots, and a strong chin. The kind of guy who would lose the first half of the fight but keep pressing, and get the knockout 10-12. Id like to see Williams vs a prime Castillo.

Im no fan of Pac either, this fight will be too hard to pick or bet. Either way, none of them want Guzman! lol.

e-lie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My prediction mayweather by knockout but I have not bet on sports since high school.I do office pools whenever I can.Hatton is good but I don't see him winning this one

SAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope Hatton wins, and if he can get in close to Mayweather often enough, then he'll win. Unfortunately, I think Mayweather will keep his distance and pick hatton off from range.

I'd love it if Hatton smashed the arrogant prick all over, but I don't see it happening.

g g g unit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think its gonna be hatton on points. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!