Has anyone ever met Tyler Durden?

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest i dont think the quantity/quality concept plays a factor in this dating/approaching thing.

Approaching is not weight lifting, and if you make a bad approach you still get something out of as opposed to a bad rep in which you will get a torn muscle or something. Actually, making bad approaches is a must to get the fear of getting rejected out of your head, so even a bad one, has a beneficial effect on your mind. Once you make a whole lot of approaches and loose the fear, the confidence starts going up cause in short youre not going to give a **** about what they say and will eventually realize that youre really the prize, not them. So as your mind starts realizing all that, thanks to the quanitity of approaches, youll start getting better....by the time you get to 3500 approaches, confidence would probably be oozing from your pores, bc really if you think about it, how many guys have approached that many times?

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a point. But out of that 3,500 whats his success rate and what is the definition of success?

If I wanted to top that guy I would go to the million woman march or whatever and approach all the feminists that are there, say hi, introduce myself, ask them whats up and move on. By the end of the event I may have far more confidence. I'll wear a pink tshirt so that they think I'm gay or something and don't slap me.

Then I can come here and say "I approached 5,000 women - in ONE day!" Whoa doesnt that make me the king of seduction?

Far from it.

We'd need some information and details about those approaches. For all we know he went to a bingo hall every week and introduced himself to 100 old ladies. We just don't know.

So if out of those 3,500 approaches he got lets say 1,500 numbers, and got laid with 200 women, then he'd be onto something.

But if you play the numbers game we'd also have to determine the time frame. Is that 3,500 in a period of a year? If thats the case it means he met 10 women a day, hardly gives you a chance to develop anything with any of them does it?

Even if its over 10 years, that still means 1 woman a day. Again, hardly sounds like he had time for a relationship or a date - or even a phone conversation - if he kept meeing new women like this everyday...

All I'm saying is I wouldn't put much stock in such a number. It's an advertising tool for his book/system whatever, treat it with a grain of salt as it certainly offers no concrete proof his system or whatever works.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Whoa, Cowboy

Originally posted by allan976
You are looking for a 'yes' or 'no' answer here so my answer is 'no.' If you've been reading the posts on this forum at all, and have at least skimmed through the DJ Bible, you'll recognize there is a definite split between the PUA and DJ communities. Durden, Mystery, and DeAngelo all fall into the PUA camp. The DJ Philosophy conversely, stresses personal improvement above all else and probably has a lot more in common with 'self-help' and even new age, existentialist, and buddhist philosophies (along with a good dose of evolutionary biology thrown in; whew, talk about a strange brew!) than with PUA skills which emphasizes memorizing scripts and focuses solely on maximizing the number of women you sleep with.

IMHO, fastseduction.com has a lot of valuable advice, but over-emphasizes 'outer game' to a ridiculous degree. They constantly preach scripts and maximizing the number of approaches and so on, without really addressing the underlying problem of confidence and the quest for finding meaning in one's short life.

By pointing to the total number of approaches as the lone criteria of admiration and respect, you are already getting caught in a numbers based (PUA) approach. Work on yourself first, not on becoming an approach warrior.
Couldnt have said it better myself!

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I'm Joe Dirt

So if out of those 3,500 approaches he got lets say 1,500 numbers, and got laid with 200 women, then he'd be onto something.
The reason that i think his approaches are genuine is because were talking about a guy that bases his life around women...were not talking about some chump here.

so i do think this guy is onto something and has probably banged 200 or more chicks

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old is this guy?

bases his life around women
Is that even healthy?

Those questions aside, look at the numbers game I laid out. Based on the high number and I assume a period of a few years (unless this guy is like 70 or 80, though I'm assuming late 20s early 30s) , there are a few conclusions we can draw.

1. 90% or a very large portion of his "approaches" were quick - failures or not - because 3,500 approaches is a lot to squeeze into a time frame of a few years.

2. He had some success with women, based on the law of probability. Even if 1% slept with him that makes 35 women out of 3,500. That's not much of a success if you ask me. Targetting your approaches would yield a higher success rate percentage wise, and would be far less time consuming.

Now, if he slept with a woman its safe to say it took up some time out of his day. Include a few occurances of him sleeping with a woman mulitiple times, and you lose even more time.

Add in the times he picked up a girl and spent some time on her, like calling her back and going out with her.

Again you lose more time.

Whats my point?

The more time you assume he took with his hits the less time that leaves him to reach that 3,500.

Which pretty much leaves us with only 4 very different conclusions we can draw.

The first possibility is he is lying.

The second possibility is that he counting every time he walks up to a woman and talks to her for any reason, even non pick upy. If I count those kinds of approaches like asking for directions, change, or the time, I can probably say that on a day I go out I make quite a few approaches.

The third possibility is that he failed a great percentage of the time, and failed VERY quickly, so that he had time to do multiple approaches in a day. So basically he had time to sleep with, date, or call only a handful - a very small percent - of the women he approached.

The fourth possibility is he never called any of the women who gave him numbers or slept with any of the women who would have agreed to, for the sake of moving onto the next one in his limited time frame. And that would just be very sad and miserable.

Take your pick. I don't see any other possibilities. None of those possibilities strike me as proving him to be "great with women"

(I also found this post very interesting: http://www.thundercatseductionlair.com/2005/02/tyler_durden_ca.html makes him look like a fraud, if this is the same guy you guys are talking about)

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't quite understand why you guys are so obssessed about whether some stranger you've never met is getting laid or not ... who cares?

Find whatever works for you, and do it. Try everything under the sun too, doesn't matter if you fail. Eventually, something will work, or you'll die of horrible blue balls and then you won't have to worry about it anymore cause you'll be dead.

peace

Dublinsfinest

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, TD has more game that everybody on this board combined.

And I'm not joking.

lol, you people don't know who you are talking about.

I guess Mystery isn't "great with women" either??

These guys have consistently gone out and worked on this 4-6 hours PER DAY for years. Do you know HOW MANY workshops Mystery and TD have done? lol

Obviously many of you haven't read TD's archive. I'd advise you to read it from 7-12.

Then come back and apologise on this thread because if you read it, you'll realise how wrong you are.

TD is the man.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, TD has more game that everybody on this board combined. And I'm not joking.

lol, you people don't know who you are talking about.

I guess Mystery isn't "great with women" either??

These guys have consistently gone out and worked on this 4-6 hours PER DAY for years. Do you know HOW MANY workshops Mystery and TD have done? lol

Obviously many of you haven't read TD's archive. I'd advise you to read it from 7-12.

Then come back and apologise on this thread because if you read it, you'll realise how wrong you are.

TD is the man.
I've heard Tyler Durden speak on David D's Interview series. A lot of what he says is money but his canned openers BLOW. That David Bowie pick up line is the cheesiest crap I've ever heard.

Last edited:

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by I'm Joe Dirt
I guess this post brings to light another problem of people who go picking up chicks in the same places and forget what the girls names were or what they looked like...
hey i've only done like 50 approaches, and i've had that problem...though i don't use "lines" so it's not really a bad thing to chat up a chick twice, just a waste of time really

hahaha, i thought i was the only one who forgets what they look like

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you guys slate him, he get more stunners than guys with perfect looks. Most of the guys on this forum are nobodys in comparison.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GodsGiftToWomen
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Hey Gig,

The part you quoted from me was me quoting an earlier poster.

Solid:

So he's a great pick up artist and gets way more tail then me and half the members of this board.

I still don't like his method of pickup. Those canned openers of his are not my style.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys need to stop having oneitis for these gurus and stop putting them on pedestals. I have no idea how ANYBODY could throw down 800-2000 bucks for one of these seminars.

frankly, how many women they've been with is irrelevant. question is, did THEY themselves pay for a seminar from some other guru? i'd guess no, they learned it all from field experiance, and approaching a lot.

which is what you should be doing, instead of hanging on their testicles and paying them boatloads of money for something YOU CAN LEARN ON YOUR OWN.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude some guys cant learn it without someone showing them. Anything which could help you is worth doing IMO, time is money my friend. It takes a while to weed out the bull in this forum. Id love to have the opertunity to go on a night out with gunwitch, TD or mystery.

eLMac

Banned
Reaction score
Just for the record Tyler is in his early 20's and a philosophy major.

He's took 1 on 1 seminars with Mystery.

And taught countless bootcamps, has posted high quality content based posts at mASF.

I'd say he's in the Top 10, PUA in the world.

In NLP they talk about the importance of 'Modelling Excellence'.

This thread is to find out who has met him and what their experiences are, content is what will really help the newbies, like me, on this board!

Thanks...

Dublinsfinest

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sign up at asf and read the reviews section. There you'll find lots and lots of reviews from people who've met TD.

This thread is hilarious!

Regarding the David Bowie opener, it is just... an opener! It lasts about 30 seconds then you quickly move on. It is field tested and works but there are 100's more out there. You can take the chance and try to open situationally but that has a high failure rate.

It's funny because if people would read TD's archive from 7-12, they would be laughing at comments in this thread.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to get to TD's archive, where do I find it?

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for the record Tyler is in his early 20's and a philosophy major.
So assuming he started when he was 18, and early 20s means 23 and below since 24-26 is "mid-20s", that means 3,500 approaches in 5 years, or basically 2 per day EVERYDAY - 7 days a week, holidays, weekdays, EVERY DAY.

I smell bullsh1t.

And if thats true that it doesn't say much for his success.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no big Tyler fanatic, but I'll defend his integrity. He's put in the work and made a name for himself. Anyways...

I know a member here from sosuave (posts very infrequently these days) that actually met Tyler a few weeks ago at a seminar in Canada where Juggler, Mystery, Toecutter, basically all the big names from mASF were there.

BTW, his approach numbers are closer to 7,500 +. It's easy to approach 10-15 girls easy in one night out at a bar or club. Doing that 3-4 nights a weeks is cake for RSD.

thecraftylefty

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I havent met TD but i've met PlayboyLA/NYC who was an rsd instructor for awhile and i've met DJ who is a mystery method instructor.

Both these guys were VERY VERY VERY good, probably at the level of TD if not higher.

I think a lot of people don't know how good really is, since they've never seen it.

To the poster, anyone thats at that instructor level is gonna be GOOD be it TD, Mystery, Badboy, Juggler etc.

I would recommend you do all you can for yourself first and then research all the different workshops and take one that fits your style. I'm personally planning on doing a mm and a badboy.