Has anyone ever met Tyler Durden?

eLMac

Banned
Reaction score
The guy from RSD, if you've met him let me know, I've been reading this guys posts at mASF and he's on the money.

3,500 approached under his belt and rising!

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what that he approached 3,500?

Quality not quantity is what I think matters most. Anyone - depending on their level of self conciousness and ability to feel shame - could approach hundreds of women a day.

I don't think the yardstick for success is how many you talk to how many you # close, etc. I think it is how many of them you were happy with I think. It's hard to quantify success since everyone has their own definition, but isnt the point of learning how to be a DJ so you can bag the girl of your dreams and have a happy relationship like the kind you always wanted as an AFC?

I think 99% of people who come here as total AFCs come here because they want to have a meaningful relationship with someone and are looking for advice, and then by the time this place is done with them they seem to treat women like objects and bragging about how many they can approach or get #s out of, but what happened to the relationship part?

Rather than helping guys achieve their goals that they've set out this place seems to change them or make them forget about their original goals. Kind of a bait and switch trick.

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa, Cowboy

You are looking for a 'yes' or 'no' answer here so my answer is 'no.' If you've been reading the posts on this forum at all, and have at least skimmed through the DJ Bible, you'll recognize there is a definite split between the PUA and DJ communities. Durden, Mystery, and DeAngelo all fall into the PUA camp. The DJ Philosophy conversely, stresses personal improvement above all else and probably has a lot more in common with 'self-help' and even new age, existentialist, and buddhist philosophies (along with a good dose of evolutionary biology thrown in; whew, talk about a strange brew!) than with PUA skills which emphasizes memorizing scripts and focuses solely on maximizing the number of women you sleep with.

IMHO, fastseduction.com has a lot of valuable advice, but over-emphasizes 'outer game' to a ridiculous degree. They constantly preach scripts and maximizing the number of approaches and so on, without really addressing the underlying problem of confidence and the quest for finding meaning in one's short life.

By pointing to the total number of approaches as the lone criteria of admiration and respect, you are already getting caught in a numbers based (PUA) approach. Work on yourself first, not on becoming an approach warrior.

eLMac

Banned
Reaction score
Cheers man, yeah, inner and outer game are both important.

Sometimes though it's important to know where your at.

If anyone has met Tyler D, I'd appreciate any commentary...

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Whoa, Cowboy

Originally posted by allan976
You are looking for a 'yes' or 'no' answer here so my answer is 'no.' If you've been reading the posts on this forum at all, and have at least skimmed through the DJ Bible, you'll recognize there is a definite split between the PUA and DJ communities. Durden, Mystery, and DeAngelo all fall into the PUA camp..
DeAngelo??? Nope, you got that wrong partner. I've followed his work and attended several of his programs, this guy is mostly about inner game and self improvement. He covers all that

" The DJ Philosophy conversely, stresses personal improvement above all else and probably has a lot more in common with 'self-help' and even new age, existentialist, and buddhist philosophies (along with a good dose of evolutionary biology thrown in; whew, talk about a strange brew!)"

that you are talking about. He lets some of his guests like Mystery, Tyler, etc. speak more on outer game, but even those guys have a very good understanding of the inner game component.

DeAngelo might sound that way on his newsletters, to attract more people, but once you study his programs, he really is giving you what is really needed, inner game and dealing with your issues.

eLMac

Banned
Reaction score
Did you talk to Davey D?

What was he like, attitude/voice tone, body language?

Did he have a powerful presence/charisma about him?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, his voice projection and body language, etc. make his message more powerful. A lot of the "Outer Game" stuff he teachers will work more powerfully if done in the right context and body language. You will learn a lot just by seeing him how he projects with his voice and body language.

David D. is really not one of those guys like Tyler and Mystery, out there hitting the clubs every nite, etc.; and he will be the first one to tell you that those guys are the best at what they do.

David D. is more "geeky", and likes to explain not just how something works, but why it works, so most of the very smart, yet less socially skilled men can relate more to him than the pick up artists who dress up funky to go meet women at clubs. He sounds like a guy who is very happy with his level of skill and is more focused on running his business and not make women his ONLY goal.

eLMac

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I appreciate that cheers!

I reckon a big thing is figuring your personal syle, me I'm a guitarist/performer and I like an audience when I sarge so I'm more likely to fall into the MM/RSD camp.

I'd rather do an approach in front of all my mates to show of than, approach on my own and be real! Thats the hardest game, and RJ is the master of that.

Nooby Doo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by eLMac
I'd rather do an approach in front of all my mates to show of than, approach on my own and be real! Thats the hardest game, and RJ is the master of that.
So how long have you and RJ been pals?

Haha..the internet is a funny place. People can take on any persona they please and you will buy it based on the strength of their words.

But back to the subject at hand....

I met Tyler last year on a trip to London. It was sheer coincidence, but I was in Leicester Square one night and I could see a bunch of dudes huddling together and doing little missions. The scene had "workshop" written all over it, so I approached out of morbid curiosity. I never let on that I knew what they were up to, but I have enough skills approaching that I managed to get in with the crew and I even helped some of their students, since they were understaffed that night. Ultimately, we had a blast and I scored my first piece of English booty. Tyler is a good guy with a great sense of humor, and his skills are impressive. The man has balls of steel and doesn't understand the word "eject". He would get blown out of sets only to show up minuntes laterand win them over with his persistence. It was fun to watch.

Having said that, I didn't agree with all the advice he was giving his students. He would send these AFCs out with neghits/c&f lines which they were clearly not ready to deliver with any balls or conviction, so of course they got shot down repeatedly. Standing on the sidelines, I would hear the girls talk about how weird the guys were acting that night. It was sad to see some of them entertain a workshop AFC, make him think he got a number, and then laugh behind his back....obviously the number was fake. You could see the RSD boys in the background giving high-fives for his small victory, the poor bastard.

Apparently he is not the only one who did not get staisfactory results from RSD, since they are being sued by another attendee:
http://www.thundercatseductionlair.com/2005/06/rsd_lawsuit.html

It should also be noted the Tyler has social anxiety disorder, and his constant posting on all facets of social interaction borders on obsessive compulsive.
http://www.thundercatseductionlair.com/2005/02/tyler_durden_ca.html

Yup, TD has some skill and is a decent writer, the man lives for the game! But don't treat him like a PUA god....he's just a dude obsessed with pvssy like all the rest.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nooby Doo
So how long have you and RJ been pals?

Haha..the internet is a funny place. People can take on any persona they please and you will buy it based on the strength of their words.
You mean THIS RJ? The one that recommends crying in order to get laid?

From Ross Jeffries' book:
One of the hardest things for anyone to do is watch a grown man cry. You are going to depend on that for this method, but be aware that this one is going to take some acting ability. Pull away after she rejects you and put your head in your hands. Quietly start to sob.

"I'm sorry .... I should have known better than to think .... that a girl like you .... could like me .... "

Sob some more. "Let me sit a second .... and I'll take you home." (Obviously if you are at HER place, you word it accordingly, dummy!) "It's just that I'll never know .... the peace .... of having you in my arms .... and loving you .... it would have meant so much .... (sob, sob). I've never been with a woman as beautiful as you .... you don't know the confidence it would have given me...and the happiness .... . (sob uncontrollably now) .... could you find it in yourself .... just to let me kiss you once .... to know I at least had that?"

Now I promise you, if the girl has any heart at ALL, she'll kiss you. And that's when you resume your pass. If she stops you, start weeping again.

Last edited:

eLMac

Banned
Reaction score
Good post my friend....

All content and no flame, just how I like it!

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
AMAZON.COM STYLE REVIEWS OF DATING COACHES?

"(w)hat you are talking about. He lets some of his guests like Mystery, Tyler, etc. speak more on outer game, but even those guys have a very good understanding of the inner game component."

---If you've been to the seminars, then obviously you have a much more in depth exposure to the ideas of these dating coaches. My exposure to their ideas comes primarily from reading/skimming through introductory materials on bristollair.com, from email newsletters, fastseduction.com as well as by running into a dating coach and his students by happenstance. The general picture I get from these various sources is that there is a tremendous emphasis on memorizing various scripts and openers on the one hand, and a constant reference, recitation of testimonials from guys who say they used to never get laid, then who say they get laid on a regular basis after taking one of the various seminars.

In other words, there's little or no emphasis on developing the inner confidence necessary for success in all areas of one's life, including family, work, as well as intimate relationships. There's a level of superficiality
(again this judgement is based on the limited amount of material I have access to as well as based on the attitudes of the students of these various seminars) which has deterred me from pursuing the various dating seminar options up until now (and I have not yet even mentioned the issue of cost).

I don't mean to hijack this thread; really what I'd like to see are reviews, amazon.com style, of the various dating coaches/seminars, based on the criteria of effectiveness, cost and the quality of interaction with/information from other seminar attendees.

Peace,

Allan

Reaction score
3500? Wow, I wonder if he's ever approached the same girl twice, and used the same routine and stuff.

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All these guys are just looking to make $$$...... they sit on their computers and write bull**** to increase what they can offer and thus sell.. Tyler Durden has interesting thoughts BUT he write a lot of overcomplicated bull**** with fancy names -- basically what he does is take stuff that naturally occurs all the time and gives it a name so you notice it, even though it means nothing and just makes things more complex.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Living Legend
3500? Wow, I wonder if he's ever approached the same girl twice, and used the same routine and stuff.
I HAVE!

it happened about 2 weeks ago.

after about 3 minutes this girl is like, I KNOW YOU! U ASKED ME THESE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS LIKE, A YEAR AGO!

didn't pick her up the first time, didn't pick her up the second time :(

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess this post brings to light another problem of people who go picking up chicks in the same places and forget what the girls names were or what they looked like...

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after 3500 approaches, even if the initial ones werent quality, after that many they have to start being quality automatically

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No they never have to become quality.

That's the gambler's fallacy. Every approach is an independent event. There is no way to prove that he approached better girls or that he got more out of them than he did at the start.

One can argue with practice someone gets better but that's also not always the case because someone may not be learning from their mistakes. Also the quality may not improve if he tried to approach the same type of girls at the same locations.

There isn't enough info available to say conclusivley that because he approached 3,500 women it means he mustve gotten top notch at it and gotten quality women out of it. That's just not a logical conclusion that can be drawn based on the premises.

Top Bottom