Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gunman kills 21 on Virginia Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
You aren't actually using your head to think, you are using it to argue. Don't let your emotions cloud your logic.

You only had one logical argument, but it was weak: psychologically damaged soldiers.

Well, think it through. You'd give that group permits to carry because they have the most firearm training and would be the safest.

If they were psychologically affected, they'd be more likely to get a gun and shoot up the place anyway, regardless if it was legal to carry a weapon: Yes? No? Perhaps they wouldn't want to ever see a gun again? Did you think of that? Also, for every one PTSD soldier (most not even carrying weapons), there would be many that wouldn't be, like hundreds many. You omitted the fact that not every trained soldier sees combat, and those that do don't always become psychologically harmed. Essentially, the police force would multiply 10-15 fold.
Better yet...how about teaching gun safety in school from around age 12? I grew up in rural Maine and by the time I was 12 I had my own rifle and was a hell of a good shot. I won my first gun at 12 years old at a turkey shoot. I used to go to a military range with a good friend's father who was the Gunny on the base near my home. If more kids were properly trained to respect and safely use guns then it would be safer for people to carry them.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
- Ballistics experts/reports are discovering bullets are NOT matching. More to come on this front.
Hmm, if this is true then the plot SURE just thickened!

Just tell me this is not another black op with covert backing and deeper ulterior motives...doh!

Guess we shall see...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
Am I getting this right? He wrote a play about Pedophelia?? That's some eff'd up sh1t.
Not really. I read the play and posted a link a few minutes ago. The picture I got from the play was a power struggle between the teenage boy and step-father and portraying overweight men who don't make a lot of money and who call women pet names in a very negative light. There was no actual pedophelia...just a boy falsely accusing the step father because he hated him for being "pathetic".

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
What's so funny is that you think Americans killed "brits" during the Civil War. Actually, it's kind of sad.

Here's a hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

The rest, not funny, I agree.
hehe...I noticed that too.

The Civil War was a fight between the North and South of the US. It was the Revolutionary War where the Brits came to this country trying to take control and got shot. Just a quick, basic US History lesson...

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
What's so funny is that you think Americans killed "brits" during the Civil War. Actually, it's kind of sad.

Here's a hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

The rest, not funny, I agree.
Wow ok... you obviously know I was refering to the Revolution but hey maybe I was refering to the War of 1812. But same goes with the civil war too, the North was able to protect itself because the civilians had guns.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And so did the south. Your argument is flawed on a logical basis.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CCKazi007 said:
Wow ok... you obviously know
And you obviously don't. There is no recovery, don't feel bad, don't apologize, and don't flame. Be a man, admit you didn't know, learn something, and move on.
-------

Enough of that tom foolery.

-------
A-Unit, the media will spin this however it wants. It will likely inject a lot of anti-gun agenda. So the ballistics don't match... yippee - he went home inbetween "sets". He might have thrown away one gun in exchange for another of the same calibre. I have two .22's myself. And, If I'm grouping 10 shots within a quarter-sized area at 25 yards and have only been to the range with my pistol twice... *shrug* his accuracy is very realistic. Have you ever used a red dot scope? It's ridiculous: put the dot where you want the bullet, pull the trigger, done. Easier than a video game - seriously. "Point and shoot simplicity", if you will. Now, pace out 25 yards... I doubt he had any long shots inside a building.

Someone posted a link to a facebook profile or something; the guy's favorite things are guns. He was obviously a fanatic, so his styles probably did appear "professional". There is no telling how much practice he did in preparation or for hobby, so you can't be hasty to jump to an assumption such as he had help.

You can also suspect that he had terrorist funding and training. You can definitely call this a terrorist act, but the real terrorists here are the media.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
And you obviously don't. There is no recovery, don't feel bad, don't apologize, and don't flame. Be a man, admit you didn't know, learn something, and move on.
-------

Enough of that tom foolery.

-------
A-Unit, the media will spin this however it wants. It will likely inject a lot of anti-gun agenda. So the ballistics don't match... yippee - he went home inbetween "sets". He might have thrown away one gun in exchange for another of the same calibre. I have two .22's myself. And, If I'm grouping 10 shots within a quarter-sized area at 25 yards and have only been to the range with my pistol twice... *shrug* his accuracy is very realistic. Have you ever used a red dot scope? It's ridiculous: put the dot where you want the bullet, pull the trigger, done. Easier than a video game - seriously. "Point and shoot simplicity", if you will. Now, pace out 25 yards... I doubt he had any long shots inside a building.

Someone posted a link to a facebook profile or something; the guy's favorite things are guns. He was obviously a fanatic, so his styles probably did appear "professional". There is no telling how much practice he did in preparation or for hobby, so you can't be hasty to jump to an assumption such as he had help.

You can also suspect that he had terrorist funding and training. You can definitely call this a terrorist act, but the real terrorists here are the media.
That facebook profile was NOT the shooter...it was just a guy who collects guns who also happens to be Asian. The actual shooter doesn't have a profile on facebook or myspace that I've found or heard of anyone else finding.

Now, just before 5am yesterday, someone DID post anonymously on an image message board that they were going to kill some people at Virginia Tech that day. I can't remember the name of the site now, though.

september_road

Don Juan
Reaction score
why does society even need guns? I say guns should only be handed out to the military and can be "checked" out for a limited amount of time to go hunting every now and then. Besides these two scenarios, why else would one need a gun? Everyone says you need a gun to protect yourself and that it's written in the constitution we have the right to bare arms, but people wouldn't "need" to protect themselves if guns weren't allowed in the first place!!

I've never even been to Virginia and I've been cautious/fearful all day at my school after watching over and over again what happened yesterday

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
september_road said:
constitution we have the right to bare arms
:crackup:

Man, the people crying "BAN GUNS!" make no effort to conceal their...

*edit*

Nevermind.

Four words:

"Don't Tread on Me"

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
wayword said:
Well, actually that play could be retitled "Desperate Step-Kids."

It's pretty much a snapshot of the American family today as detonated by feminism. The biological dad is removed from the child's life causing anger and sorrow in the kid. His new "dad" is simply the new boyfriend-of-the-week shaggin' his mom...

Do you know how traumatic it is for a kid to think of his mom getting banged by a guy other than his real dad? It's a little unsettling. Especially if there's a string of them.

Anyhow, the new dad is doing the best he can but the kid is cleverly using mainstream feminist propaganda against him that paints all men as murderous pedophile rapists. So here we have an AFC cuckolding for a single mom and getting dissed by both her and her bastard kid. HA! The only reason he even desperately sticks around is to tap her EZ azz - and the kid knows this. The thought of which sickens him even further...

I think as families continue to fission we will see more and more of these de facto orphans lashing and acting out.

Your post about that play is EXACTLY why I said it's more likely the kid was a member here than it is he was what you consider and "AFC"...

You clearly have learned nothing from this...just keep blaming everything bad about your life on feminism, women and everything else except for your damn self. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY...that is all.

Reaction score
I really don't want to add to this but . . . .

I love my time at Uni and being a student. It's one of the most endearing and wonderful time of your life. It deeply saddens and shocks me that something like this has happened.

Here in the UK we've had Dunblane and Hungerford. Hungerford done by a man who was basically rejected by society but had an interest in guns. Dunblane I don't know much about but most likely a pedophile loner who wanted to lash out.

I'm not making a case for or against gun laws, but when all this clears we'll probably be looking at a social reject, loner, twisted individual living in his own fantasy world . .

Francisco d'Anconia said:
It's a terrible thing that happened and the people who heard about the initial shooting who decided not to go to the rest of their classes were not not involved in the real carnage that happened later that morning. They are alive this evening because they took action by making a decision from what was happening around them and that is one of the things that The Secret expounds upon. As adults, we are either victors or victims of our choices.
I find this downright retarded and utterly offensive to the victims. They had no choice in being victims - it just happened because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You or I could have been there and the result would have been the same - we'd be DEAD.

And please don't quote Emerson in that context because it shows your total lack of understanding of the message that Emerson wanted to give.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
september_road said:
why does society even need guns? I say guns should only be handed out to the military and can be "checked" out for a limited amount of time to go hunting every now and then. Besides these two scenarios, why else would one need a gun? Everyone says you need a gun to protect yourself and that it's written in the constitution we have the right to bare arms, but people wouldn't "need" to protect themselves if guns weren't allowed in the first place!!

I've never even been to Virginia and I've been cautious/fearful all day at my school after watching over and over again what happened yesterday
There are a lot of rural families that actually feed their families through hunting. Aside from that...Constitutional Rights...one of the core values this nation was founded on. Guns will NEVER be banned in this country, nor should they be. Guns don't shoot by themselves and they don't kill by themselves...it's whacked people who kill. Whacked people kill because our society is full of people who have a sense of entitlement (armed robbery, hold ups, muggings, etc), blame others for their own poor choices in life (woe is me...I'm going to shoot someone because they pissed in my cheerios) and people not being mature enough to take responsibility for their own happiness and success in life.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I think Islamic countries are the only place you can't bare arms...but that has nothing to do with guns.

/sarcasm off...

bare arms = exposing your arms
BEAR arms= to retain/hold guns

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
darwinian_sympathiser said:
...I find this downright retarded and utterly offensive to the victims. They had no choice in being victims - it just happened because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Retardation definitely embodies your state of mind to believe that is what I meant. But then again it's your choice to believe what you would like to believe, or will you say it's not your fault that you can't comprehend the concept on another another dimension?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
PigAdlemPimp said:
Remember, John Galt, many of the dudes on here made fun of him, he is obviously a social reject, whose stuttering speech and small penis size have caused him the misery of not being able to seduce any hot babes in his life, teasing these types of dudes can result in this type of murder suicide which this gunman in Virginia has commited, these dudes need encouragement or else they can become so built up with anger that they eventually explode, it may seem like a bit of fun at the time to tease them, but when it results in this type of a tragedy you have to realize that it isn't good to stir them up as they are suffering enough already, think about it.
Yes, I agree...guys on here are always ignorantly thinking by bashing and attacking each other that it makes them appear more "alpha". It's retarded. Instead of insulting and attacking each other trying to impress OTHER GUYS, of all things...they should actually attempt to reach out and HELP each other. After all...this IS a SUPPORT community...well...it's SUPPOSED to be.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Pacifism and acting like a wuss are not the answer to any of society's problems, Wyldfire. Let's get that straight right now. Encouraging someone to stand up for themselves -- even if it might cause someone else to resort to violence -- has NOTHING to do with shooting anyone. Resisting an AMOG is all about verbal defense; there just happen to be times when someone will take your words too seriously so you have to be willing to fight in case you get attacked.

Would you prefer that every guy just backed down in every case of possible violence? Is that the kind of man you're attracted to?
I posted that fighting over who gets to talk to a girl who is COMPLETE stranger in a bar is retarded.

I also pointed out some instances where it's appropriate to stand up to another guy. Standing up when you NEED to is one thing...going and looking for it is something entirely different.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
wayword said:
No, it's not.

Here we go again with the double-standards that women seem to be so natural at.

Truth is, Wyldfire goes for forceful cavemen alphas who rip lights off the wall while their doctor is trying to help deliver his woman's baby. True story! She even wrote a post about it. Wherease, she would never be attracted to the gentlemen wusses she is trying to convince us to become here.

Again, this gunman wasn't alpha though - he was AFC to the core. Just like the Columbine kids. They became so despondent and angry because our feminist culture and women completely shyt on "nice guy" AFCs like them while loving and worshipping bad boy thugs. So, what better way to finally get some "respect" by becoming a bad boy? When they get dissed by girls time and again and see bulletproof thugs like Fiddy Cent or Snoop Dogg getting all the luv - might many eventually "wisen up" to what women really want men to be like?
Erm...I posted that he accidentally pulled the mirror out of the ceiling when he was trying to move it and rested it on the doc's head so his girlfriend could see the birth after someone claimed natural alphas don't act alpha around doctors. Keep it in context...or better yet...don't even bring up irrelevant stuff on threads that have nothing to do with the subject. Now THAT'S a novel idea.

And here you go again BLAMING this tragedy on something other than the person RESPONSIBLE for killing all those people. What a piece of work you are. You would not know or recognize responsibility if it bit you in the ass, would you?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted that fighting over who gets to talk to a girl who is COMPLETE stranger in a bar is retarded.
WRONG. Starting a fight over a girl is retarded, even if it's a fight you can win. A girl isn't worth getting beaten up or going to jail over. If someone else threatens you with violence in response to your verbal self-defense over a girl, then fighting back is NOT retarded.

And failing to stand up for yourself out of fear that another man might resort to violence is just plain cowardice.

Yes, I agree...guys on here are always ignorantly thinking by bashing and attacking each other that it makes them appear more "alpha". It's retarded. Instead of insulting and attacking each other trying to impress OTHER GUYS, of all things...they should actually attempt to reach out and HELP each other. After all...this IS a SUPPORT community...well...it's SUPPOSED to be.
If you're talking about that idiot troll that keeps trying to f*ck up our forum, I don't know how you expect us to handle him any better than we have.

We usually don't bash anyone on this forum except
1) people that spew out heretical feminist garbage
2) people that ask for help but are too lazy to read the Bible
3) trolls

At least I try not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.