Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good solo songs on guitar/bass that will please the audience?

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
dannowillbookem said:
haha you want an instrumental song that will get a crowd moving and cna be played on one guitar? and we have to make sure its in your talent limit? and its best if they actually know it?

good luck with that

blackbird by the beatles and here comes the sun are two great songs but you'll have to sing...trust me if you get up there to play a guitar part with no singing it isnt gonna go over too hot...singer songwriter player mixtures are the norm thanks to the sixties and unless youre playing classical guitar i dont think you can pull it off

hmm.. blackbird
here comes the sun
twist and shout (all beatles)
free fallin (tom petty)
most anything dylan did
Yep, if you think that an instrumental song can't get a crowd moving, you obviously just haven't heard a good instrumental, why do you think crowds love band music and jazz band music so much? Exactly. And dude, I've been playing for 3 years now, so I've got A LOT of TALENT.

The thing with most of those songs are, they're acoustic and most of them require singing. The acoustic part is possible to emulate on an electric guitar, but I'm terrible at singing.

MagikDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a guitarist for the last 11 years, and a damn good one at that (as I paid my dues for 7 of those eleven at the expense of a social life, hence why I found this place a good while back), the solution to this is endless.....I used to do a long winded guitar solo that had everything from bits of Eruption to Mr.Belvidere thrown into it, and the crowd went nuts every time at the places I played. Basically, if you can make it sound good acoustic, or make it sound "full" playing solo electric, it'll work fine. Heck, Call Of Ktulu is great on an acoustic.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh yeah i guess you could play blues but i doubt they'll get a crowd moving or screaming ecspecially on one guitar. may impress them though.

and three years isnt that long for playing, its about the same time as me. and you should try and learn to sing, its really worth it.

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cryin by Joe Satriani, easiest song in the world to play and sounds damn good.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Here's one for guitar:

Elemental Child by T.Rex
Hmm... can't seem to find this one on YouTube, got a midi I could listen to?

Cryin by Joe Satriani, easiest song in the world to play and sounds damn good.
Wow, you're right this song is easy to play, I should definitely be able to learn it in 3 days.

And yep, the jubilee is in 3 days, so I'm going to narrow down what kind of songs I want. Basically, since I play electric guitar, none of that acoustic stuff, and also, as far as genre goes, I'm looking for jazzy rock or hard rock based songs, romantic songs work too. Make sure that the song has little or no singing, make sure that if the solo/lead is only a portion of a particular song, that the solo is long enough to survive on its own and make sure that the solo/lead makes up most of the song.

3 days until the jubilee guys, and I still need a couple more songs, so keep the suggestions coming.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, well, heh, I supppse I shouldn't expect any one to reply on a forum that isn't music orientated. I am freaking screwed. Ah well, forget the whole jubilee thing.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, just play medleys of stuff you already know how to play to fill the rest in. Too bad you couldn't find Elemental Child since it's mostly Marc Bolan jamming out on an electric guitar, and it's freakin' awesome!

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Goo Goo Dolls songs are pretty good for doing solo.

I'd suggest Name, Naked, or Slide. They do some crazy ass tunings so check that out!

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Well, just play medleys of stuff you already know how to play to fill the rest in. Too bad you couldn't find Elemental Child since it's mostly Marc Bolan jamming out on an electric guitar, and it's freakin' awesome!
Hmm... are there any songs like that, that I might be able to find on YouTube?

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some kid was playing guitar for a crowd of girls doing Sublime's "Bad Fish" at school a week ago, he was just sort of strumming the chords.....I think Sublime is ok but he sounded TIGHT voice and all, the girls loved it.

Something people know and has sort of faded away is always a good choice in my opinion, people love that feeling of hearing a familiar song for the first time.