Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good solo songs on guitar/bass that will please the audience?

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Well, this has nothing to do with seduction whatsoever, but I didn't know where to ask about this sort of thing. I'm doing the talent show, and the group that I'm supposed to be preforming with, says that their going to see about letting me join, but hasn't really done anything with it yet, and talent show tryouts are next, so I need something to do just in-case these guys don't contact me back. So I want to know, what are some good solos pieces for guitar or bass guitar, that will get the crowd moving, the ladies screaming, and will show your skill on the particular instrument? Thanks, this will really help me out with choosing songs to play.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Viper said:
Well, this has nothing to do with seduction whatsoever, but I didn't know where to ask about this sort of thing. I'm doing the talent show, and the group that I'm supposed to be preforming with, says that their going to see about letting me join, but hasn't really done anything with it yet, and talent show tryouts are next, so I need something to do just in-case these guys don't contact me back. So I want to know, what are some good solos pieces for guitar or bass guitar, that will get the crowd moving, the ladies screaming, and will show your skill on the particular instrument? Thanks, this will really help me out with choosing songs to play.
It's very subjective. As the poster above me indicated, it depends what school you go to, and the sub-culture of the area that you live in. Some kids are appealed to the pop-rock culture, whereas other students prefer the classical rock--such as Led Zeppelin, etc.

If you are very keen on showing off, pick a piece that is challenging to play. One that is very fast paced, and requires plenty of movement over the frets. You really can't go wrong with that.

Modern music, however, is very easy to play. I would suggest to avoid that, and pick something no one has really heard. Something good, and equally challenging to play.

Good luck.

Reaction score
dude if you can learn how to play just about anything soft or heavy by Opeth you'll get a good response because its sh*t no one has heard so its more like your own but its not, it just sounds good because its original...But Opeth might be hard for you to play....

Overall, you don't really need to learn a crazy ass solo if you already got your scales, modes and a few chord progressions down. Like me, I've learned to play a lot of different sh*t from John Mayer to lesser known sh*t like Morbid Angel and Dimmu Borgir...well i don't know if those bands can be considered underground anymore but yeah...how long have you been playinh?

Oh and good luck on your sh*t. I was gonna eb in the battle of the bands last week at my school and I probably would have blown everyone's minds away with the axe but I got suspended. make us proud

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eruption by EVH is a pretty good, recognizable solo piece to play(hopefully your guitar has a floyd rose). The tapping part at the end is sex.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're wanting to win the crowd over (and the judges), pick stuff that people know. People will think you're cool if you play something by Testament, but they'd be more into something like Stairway To Heaven.

You could also be creative and take something simple like "Smoke on the Water" and put some cool stuff in it.

Oh yeah, the national anthem always gets people going too!

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn "Flight of the wounded bumblebee" by Extreme. It can be played all by yourself and will definitely freak people out. I've done it before and most people's jaws just drop.

Set your delay pedal so that the echo is at exactly the same volume as the dry signal. No repeat and a delay time of about 220 milliseconds.

pick in an up down pattern 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 and when it's done at the right speed, the delay will add a 3rd note which gives it that golloping triplet feel.

It sounds alot more complicated than it actually is. once you learn the notes, it's just a matter of getting it tight.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Daft Punk - Aerodynamic

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty good suggestions guys, but something I noticed is that a lot of these songs, are better suited for a full band and I'm looking for something that sounds good solo, meaning one guitar. Performing a guitar part from a song that has mutiple instruments, really wouldn't be that amazing with one guitar player. So yeah, basically I'm looking for songs that were written for one guitar, or sound good on one guitar. Also, it helps if the song isn't repetitive. My two gigs are May 20th and June 3rd, and it would be nice to have atleast 6 different songs for each show. So yeah, keep those suggestions coming.

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
Viper said:
Pretty good suggestions guys, but something I noticed is that a lot of these songs, are better suited for a full band and I'm looking for something that sounds good solo, meaning one guitar. Performing a guitar part from a song that has mutiple instruments, really wouldn't be that amazing with one guitar player. So yeah, basically I'm looking for songs that were written for one guitar, or sound good on one guitar. Also, it helps if the song isn't repetitive. My two gigs are May 20th and June 3rd, and it would be nice to have atleast 6 different songs for each show. So yeah, keep those suggestions coming.
The Beatles - Blackbird... Great song.

Scumfrog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tapping on guitar. It's ridiculously easy and it impresses people.
Here's a video of a friend doing this ****:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IryX3Bcms8

Took me about 5 minutes to figure that **** out. It's easy.

As for bass (which is my forte), I'd say learn Anesthesia by Metallica, Soul to Squeeze by RHCP, Maxwell Murder by Rancid, and throw in a little slap with something like Aeroplace by RHCP or something by Primus. If you're really good, try Classical Thump by Victor Wooten.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome suggestions dudes. Heh, maybe I can even do a show consisting of songs on guitar and bass. Although, I'm looking for less acoustic based songs, and more solo based songs, if you guys have ever heard Europa by Santana, then you know what I'm talking about. Although, they don't all have to soulful songs, as long as it's mostly instrumental, and is mostly made up of a lead guitar part. Remember, I'm going to be playing this by myself, with a drum machine probably backing me up, no singing, or anything, so the guitar parts got to shine. I'm liking that Maxwell Murder song for bass though, but it will probably be a hard song to bring out, without the guitar and the singer. Basically, if I where to best describe what I'm looking for, it'd probably be instrumental rock, that has a good, long lead guitar part, something that will impress the audience. Like I said before, since it's going to be long, and played on one instrument, it helps if the lead/solo isn't repetitive.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have the skills to play spanish songs. Download 'Dance of spring', if you could play that **** i'd be greatly impressed.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Chillisauce said:
Do you have the skills to play spanish songs. Download 'Dance of spring', if you could play that **** i'd be greatly impressed.
Hmm... who's it by? Perhaps I could find a video of it on yousendit.

7 days until I have to perform guys, so keep those suggestions coming.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the Tommy Emmanuel link, Rovalier. Im-fugging-pressive! :up:

Gotta be pretty damn good to even pull off the more straightforward Mason Williams original version, but if you can ...

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
Thanks for posting the Tommy Emmanuel link, Rovalier. Im-fugging-pressive! :up:

Gotta be pretty damn good to even pull off the more straightforward Mason Williams original version, but if you can ...
Yeah, it's good, but my gig is in five days, and I most likely won't be able to master it by then. Keep the suggestions going, oh yeah and I play electric guitar, so the more acoustic based songs, probably wouldn't sound best on my guitar. And remember guys, instrumental, that means no singing, or if it does have singing, make sure that it has a good guitar lead backing it up, that isn't too repetitive. Also, make sure that the FULL song is instrumental, I'm not playing parts/pieces of songs, because that seems unprofessional, so yeah, the whole song has to instrumental.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha you want an instrumental song that will get a crowd moving and cna be played on one guitar? and we have to make sure its in your talent limit? and its best if they actually know it?

good luck with that

blackbird by the beatles and here comes the sun are two great songs but you'll have to sing...trust me if you get up there to play a guitar part with no singing it isnt gonna go over too hot...singer songwriter player mixtures are the norm thanks to the sixties and unless youre playing classical guitar i dont think you can pull it off

hmm.. blackbird
here comes the sun
twist and shout (all beatles)
free fallin (tom petty)
most anything dylan did