Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going out and not drinking alcohol

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not drink alcohol. Whenever I go out, I feel kind of weird not drinking because everyone around me is. I know PUA Tyler Durden goes out an insanely amount of nights and never drinks alcohol. I do not know how this guy does it. All my friends drink when we go out. I feel people are judging me because I do not have a beer in my hand. How do I get over this hurdle.

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, what's the problem? There's nothing wrong with drinking to take the edge off (I don't attempt PU drunk), but if you don't need the edge off, I'd think you'd have an easier time talking to women, not a harder time.

People are going to judge you anyway. About anything. If you're a successful DJ, you'll have men jealous of you almost constantly. Gotta get used to that sh*t.

Besides, if a girl asks you why you're not drinking, say something like, "Because you don't make me nervous. Why are YOU drinking?"

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in that situation before.

One easy solution is to order a club soda. They come in the same plastic cubs that mixed drinks come in, and if someone asks what you're drinking, you can tell 'em its vodka, or any other clear liquor. Or you could be honest and tell 'em you're a D.D.

But it really sounds like you're just not that comfortable in nightclubs/bars. I mean, you have to have realistic expectations when in such environments. Most people drink when they go out, so you might wanna limit your time in the clubs and focus more on bookstores/ coffee joints.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iwanttofight said:
I do not drink alcohol. Whenever I go out, I feel kind of weird not drinking because everyone around me is. I know PUA Tyler Durden goes out an insanely amount of nights and never drinks alcohol. I do not know how this guy does it. All my friends drink when we go out. I feel people are judging me because I do not have a beer in my hand. How do I get over this hurdle.
My signature drink is water, no ice, no straw, and a few lemons.

You're experiencing social pressure to drink, so that means that you're letting your environment dictate how you feel.

It is my personal belief that drinking alcohol for the sole purpose of fitting in or because you can't do something without it is accepting that you are mediocre, and that you need to change your body chemistry to cover the fact that you essentially suck. That being said, I'm going to an art gallery opening tonight and drinking free wine, only because it's free and I'm not going to game :)

If people judge you for not having a drink in your hand, see the above in bold. I have NEVER had anyone tell me that it's weird that I'm drinking water, or ask me where my drink is. Sometimes I'll roll around with my water because I get thirsty from talking so much, plus I have a fun little routine I use with the lemon slices to kiss a girl.

If someone asks, just tell them that you don't want to drink. If they ask why, just tell them the truth; you're driving, you don't feel like it, etc. I personally don't do it because of the reasons I just gave as examples, plus I don't enjoy how it affects my body, and I don't really need alcohol because I'm already f*cking awesome without it.

exile663dfx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a DJ and I dont drink at all, ever. Waterbottle is whats next to my equipment. People ask me to drink with them and I decline. I just dont want to, dont sweat it kid, you're unique out of all your friends and women notice that. Drinking aint shlt. :)

ezio

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never drink alcohol and i go out with friends practically every weekend. don't let anyone make you do something you don't want to. as the poster above said you can carry a bottle of water around with you if you're feeling socially awkward plus it makes you seem more matured. on a side note if a girl asks you why you aren't drinking, make up a really sad and emotional tale abt some sh** that happened when some friends of yours got drunk blah blah blah just to mess with their emotions. you never know it might land you some sympathy sex at the end of the night

NotAgain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use to not either. Be yourself. If you don't want to, dont let your society pressure u to.

McMotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
My signature drink is water, no ice, no straw, and a few lemons.

You're experiencing social pressure to drink, so that means that you're letting your environment dictate how you feel.

It is my personal belief that drinking alcohol for the sole purpose of fitting in or because you can't do something without it is accepting that you are mediocre, and that you need to change your body chemistry to cover the fact that you essentially suck. That being said, I'm going to an art gallery opening tonight and drinking free wine, only because it's free and I'm not going to game :)

If people judge you for not having a drink in your hand, see the above in bold. I have NEVER had anyone tell me that it's weird that I'm drinking water, or ask me where my drink is. Sometimes I'll roll around with my water because I get thirsty from talking so much, plus I have a fun little routine I use with the lemon slices to kiss a girl.

If someone asks, just tell them that you don't want to drink. If they ask why, just tell them the truth; you're driving, you don't feel like it, etc. I personally don't do it because of the reasons I just gave as examples, plus I don't enjoy how it affects my body, and I don't really need alcohol because I'm already f*cking awesome without it.
Totally agree. You should not need alcohol to have a good time and enjoy a night out. I think a lot of guys use alcohol to find their balls to approach women. I have a few friends like that. If I don't feel like drinking, I won't.

Sometimes it's because I want to get in better shape, sometimes it's cause I'm driving, sometimes it's just cause I don't feel like it. If you tell a girl you're not drinking cause you want to stay in better shape or cause you just don't feel like it most will appreciate that. Chics would rather talk to a guy who's not being a drunk douche anyway.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I tell a little white lie, "I had some (alcohol) before. I'm taking a break.". She doesn't know whether you did or did not drink earlier. She will respect that because she knows nobody can drink non-stop. Maybe you pre-partied somewhere else or got to the bar before her. All she knows is you aren't wasted, which is a plus.

I learned this one because I actually DO take breaks when I drink. (I think everybody should.) I can't drink not-stop from 8 pm to 2 am. I met this milf at 2am once and pulled her. When I met her at the bar, we were both drinking Sprite, coincidentally. We were both sick of alcohol by that hour. It was a sober pickup.

Plus sometimes you really can't drink. Maybe you're on a strict diet. Maybe you are on medication. Maybe you drove somewhere far solo and have to drive home or you are DD for your buddies.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do college kids always challenge me on how much I can drink? Is it because they haven't accomplished anything noteworthy in their lives except for pushing enough papers around to land them in college, and think that drinking alcohol is some kind of accomplishment?

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't drink either. I never really did when I was younger too. Yeah I had a lot of people asking me about it, but in the end they don't give a crap man. I just tell them "I prefer lemonade." and they laugh about it and the conversation is over. I felt more in control as well when I wasn't drinking. I think chicks actually liked that too. It could be why I use to get a lot of attention at parties. I was always "The guy who doesn't drink" to everyone but girls still digged me. Serious it's nothin but peer pressure system that most people wanna drink an get drunk these days. Personally I don't see why I need to drink and get drunk to have fun. I was a pretty cool guy back in the day and never had problems. Sure they wonder why or ask why, but they get over it. Don't ever do things out of peer pressure or whatever. If you must, just say what I use to say sometimes "Just don't feel like it that's all. Messes with my stomach anyway, so I kinda stay away from it. Plus I can actually see properly! No doubles here!" That makes them laugh and understand at the same time. It really did mess with my stomach. I don't think I'm good with alcohol.. either way I don't like it.

And from experience, the girls actually like you more for it. You stand out in the crowd... I'm serious. Always worked for me!

Last edited:

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HappyHarryHardon said:
And from experience, the girls actually like you more for it. You stand out in the crowd... I'm serious. Always worked for me!
Yeah, the thing is that right now I make it a point to tell girls that I don't drink so they know that I'm not running on liquid courage. I'm not sure if that's helping or hurting my game since I'm explicitly saying it out loud instead of waiting for the question, but I'm sure I'll calibrate after a while...

Leopold

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the main reason I still haven't been to bars nor parties.

Why would I go to a bar if I dont like drinking in the first place?

Now parties... that's mostly just due to a lack of social circle :/

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leopold said:
This is the main reason I still haven't been to bars nor parties.

Why would I go to a bar if I dont like drinking in the first place?
the same reason why most guys go to bars....to pick up women!!!

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Why do college kids always challenge me on how much I can drink? Is it because they haven't accomplished anything noteworthy in their lives except for pushing enough papers around to land them in college, and think that drinking alcohol is some kind of accomplishment?
Yes.

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys, i went out on Saturday night and had the best of time. I went to a bar in town that had a great band playing and enjoyed every minute of it. I actually drank beer on Saturday night. I hardly ever do this, but I just was in the mood to drink. They were only a dollar a beer and I drank 5 beers. When I got to the bar a bouncer said to me "this guy is trouble". People tell me that all the time, maybe because of the way I am confident, and the way I look. Every chick wanted to dance with me there. It actually felt that the woman were trying to gain value from dancing with me. All in all, I had a great night. I felt soooo icyyyyyyyyyyy.

sighsigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is wrong with alcohol?

I can understand that overdrinking is bad but most people find that a couple of drinks enhances their game.

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people drink alcohol for social proof and the need of liquid courage. I do not drink for liquid courage but I do drink sometimes for social proof.

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never understood why people are so big on alcohol. The majority of the world is like "Work all week, party on the weekends and get totally drunk." Why? Why even drink any? Yeah I know it loosens you up but that's bs.. can't you just be that way naturally? I laugh at people when I see them drinking and then they start getting loud and ****y and talk a lot. It's almost as if people drink these days just to fit in or be social or think that if they're drinking it might be easier to pick up women... or even simply just to get drunk and act like a fool. I never felt the need to drink. I'm fine without it. I'm already naturally chilled out.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never understood why people are so big on alcohol. The majority of the world is like "Work all week, party on the weekends and get totally drunk." Why? Why even drink any? Yeah I know it loosens you up but that's bs.. can't you just be that way naturally? I laugh at people when I see them drinking and then they start getting loud and ****y and talk a lot. It's almost as if people drink these days just to fit in or be social or think that if they're drinking it might be easier to pick up women... or even simply just to get drunk and act like a fool. I never felt the need to drink. I'm fine without it. I'm already naturally chilled out.
I stopped drinking for metaphysical reasons. I meditate, do energy healing, i'm trying to open up my pineal gland. Alcohol lowers your vibration much like pork does (which is pretty much the lowest of the low in terms of draining your energy).

You should do everything for a reason. If you drink do it because you like it not because you are pressured into it. I don't drink because it hurts my personal and spiritual development.