Going out and not drinking alcohol

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HappyHarryHardon said:
I never understood why people are so big on alcohol. The majority of the world is like "Work all week, party on the weekends and get totally drunk." Why? Why even drink any? Yeah I know it loosens you up but that's bs.. can't you just be that way naturally? I laugh at people when I see them drinking and then they start getting loud and ****y and talk a lot. It's almost as if people drink these days just to fit in or be social or think that if they're drinking it might be easier to pick up women... or even simply just to get drunk and act like a fool. I never felt the need to drink. I'm fine without it. I'm already naturally chilled out.
I think it's a big deal in the US because it's so repressed in the culture, i.e. the drinking age is 21. In Ukraine you can get alcohol at any age (they sell beer in vending machines, and a very mild fermented drink on the street called Kvaas) and so the kids don't develop the hardcore party culture that you see in the US. A girl I see when I'm back home is Ukrainian and was amazed at how many people were very drunk on New Years.

f283000 said:
I stopped drinking for metaphysical reasons. I meditate, do energy healing, i'm trying to open up my pineal gland. Alcohol lowers your vibration much like pork does (which is pretty much the lowest of the low in terms of draining your energy).

You should do everything for a reason. If you drink do it because you like it not because you are pressured into it. I don't drink because it hurts my personal and spiritual development.
Can you elaborate on this vibration thing?

I stopped eating pork when I had pork ribs one night and felt like absolute crap for the next few days. Is it okay to eat small amounts of bacon (5-6 strips at MOST)? Because there's this salad I'll be making soon that requires one strip of bacon in it, and I read that a small amount can be beneficial in the body.